cannabis pale ale

• Thread starter MotaLeon22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
homebrew420

homebrew420

Thing is I want little to no effect. Its difficult to gage the potency of cannabis in edibles sometimes. We want the flavor though. Going to add the second oz of Diagonal at secondary fermentation for about 5 days.

Peace

germinator

germinator

Very cool ....Id buy a case of that for this summer ......great work

monkeymun

monkeymun

Thing is I want little to no effect. Its difficult to gage the potency of cannabis in edibles sometimes. We want the flavor though. Going to add the second oz of Diagonal at secondary fermentation for about 5 days.

Peace

How about using trim then? Should still have enough terpenes for flavor, without being very potent, no?

homebrew420

homebrew420

I am hoping to have a delicious brew in a month. We were hoping that a quick boil of an oz of Diagonal trim will impart a great deal of flavor the same way hops does with a short boil.
from what I understand though the real treat will be the late addition hops and Diagonal at secondary. Will do a growler with just the late addition Citra hops, and the other 4.5 gal with both. Can get a better idea of the difference.

@germinator those are some expensive cases with 2oz herb haha.

Peace all

homebrew420

homebrew420

The primary has slowed down a bit, second day she blew out the top of the airlock. Not bad just a little. Impressive considering we used a 7.8 gal and only 5.5 gal of wort! That's 4" of dead space between liquid surface and top of bucket.
smells delightful, with rich chocolate and malty notes and a hint of herbal sweetness.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Second ounce of Diagonal goes in today, also separating a half gal as a control.

Peace

homebrew420

homebrew420

Update, I fogot the growler so no control this go around. Aroma of rich chocolate and coffee, looks like we will be around 5-5.5abv.
get photos up when transferred.
Just a few more weeks

Peace

homebrew420

homebrew420

Hey all needed to update this one. So the brew turned out to be potent and fairly delicious. No bottles just kegged it. In a old coke Cornelius keg. Rich flavor very dark as a result of the chocolate malt used. Limit was a pint after the first major consumption. .. it was making everyone's head light and balance was a tad off. You could taste the 2 oz of Diagonal we added. Though the much was lost in translation.

Moving forward with a smoked porter next..
peace

homebrew420

homebrew420

20140419 163443

BeenBurned

BeenBurned

Looks great...inspiring!
Howd that smoked porter turn out??

S

Salchicha

as a homebrewer and cannabis enthusiast for many years now i've done some expeirementing with making a cannabis ale. i've made several batches trying to achieve the best cannabis ale i could produce. both in flavor and strenghth. i suggest you know something about brewing before embarking on this recipe. i will put it in extract and all grain forms.

Extract: 1lbs caramel 20l malt, 3lbs extra light dry malt extract, 4lbs pale malt extract, 6 oz of your favorite hops(i suggest cascade of about 6.5-7%a.a., maybe an ounce of simcoe for bittering at 10-12%a.a), your choice of yeast, and depending on quality of cannabis 1-3oz. this is all for a five gallon batch.

All grain: 10lbs belgian pale malt, 1lbs belgian biscut, 1/2 lbs of caramel 20l. 1oz hops 10-12%a.a., 3oz of hops 4-6%a.a, wyeast 1056, and 1 oz of fine quality cannabis.

the perfect time to add the cannabis is when you tranfer the beer into the secondary fermenter. for this batch you will dry hop with an ounce of hops and put in the cannabis as well. let the beer finish conditioning for one to two weeks before bottling. i have made this exact recipe with up to 3oz of ak47 and after just one i was sleeping like a baby. i've also made batches using only an ounce of swag and after six beers i was feeling pretty messed up(perfect for concerts) i've also made exremely high gravity barley wine cannabis ales that were jam packed with flavor, alcohol, and thc. unfortunatly the flavor was too strong for the average beer drinker, so i developed a more crowd appealing recipe that still has plenty of hop flavor to compliment the earthy undertones of the cannabis all balanced by the crisp malt flavor that can still be detected through all the cannabis and hops. if you really really want to try to make a cannabis ale, but have no prior brewing knowledge i suggest you buy one of those little mr.beer brewing kits and follow all the instructions. then while your beer is aging you can add the cannabis.( the key is adding the cannabis after most of the sugars have be converted into alcohol.)
Do you have a website, would you be interested in free marketing
as a homebrewer and cannabis enthusiast for many years now i've done some expeirementing with making a cannabis ale. i've made several batches trying to achieve the best cannabis ale i could produce. both in flavor and strenghth. i suggest you know something about brewing before embarking on this recipe. i will put it in extract and all grain forms.

Extract: 1lbs caramel 20l malt, 3lbs extra light dry malt extract, 4lbs pale malt extract, 6 oz of your favorite hops(i suggest cascade of about 6.5-7%a.a., maybe an ounce of simcoe for bittering at 10-12%a.a), your choice of yeast, and depending on quality of cannabis 1-3oz. this is all for a five gallon batch.

All grain: 10lbs belgian pale malt, 1lbs belgian biscut, 1/2 lbs of caramel 20l. 1oz hops 10-12%a.a., 3oz of hops 4-6%a.a, wyeast 1056, and 1 oz of fine quality cannabis.

the perfect time to add the cannabis is when you tranfer the beer into the secondary fermenter. for this batch you will dry hop with an ounce of hops and put in the cannabis as well. let the beer finish conditioning for one to two weeks before bottling. i have made this exact recipe with up to 3oz of ak47 and after just one i was sleeping like a baby. i've also made batches using only an ounce of swag and after six beers i was feeling pretty messed up(perfect for concerts) i've also made exremely high gravity barley wine cannabis ales that were jam packed with flavor, alcohol, and thc. unfortunatly the flavor was too strong for the average beer drinker, so i developed a more crowd appealing recipe that still has plenty of hop flavor to compliment the earthy undertones of the cannabis all balanced by the crisp malt flavor that can still be detected through all the cannabis and hops. if you really really want to try to make a cannabis ale, but have no prior brewing knowledge i suggest you buy one of those little mr.beer brewing kits and follow all the instructions. then while your beer is aging you can add the cannabis.( the key is adding the cannabis after most of the sugars have be converted into alcohol.)

Hate Life

Hate Life

So wait, we are brewing this in a 5 gallon bucket? As we can do this at home with no special equipment? :D

Top Bottom