Cannabis Plant Drooping & Can't Figure Out What is Wrong

• Thread starter ShadowKhan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Crabgrassfarms

Crabgrassfarms

I think you may be over watering as well. I know good potting soils are in an acceptable range. I phed my water at 6.5 although at the end I get a little loser but always 6.2-6.8. I use a"hot soil" or "living soil" method so I don't need to fed the plants, but a little tiger bloom nearer the end of the grow. I almost forgot cal/mag. Adding nutes will definitely change your ph so test the water after

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
There is an app on the app store called photone, it allows you to use your phone selfie camera to read the ppfd. That's the light intensity, they also have guides for recommended ppfd for cannabis on the app. This has helped me dramatically on knowing where my light should be, this is a

My guess is your pH is too high, you PH'ed the water to 6.5, recommended levels I have read about are 5.9-6.2. the yellowing leaves are from a lack of nutrients but not from a lack of you feeding them to her, rather a lack of nutes because the pH is too high and she can't uptake them. Please remember this is just a guess on my end and I could totally be wrong.
I was wondering when someone was gonna mention the pH. I would go to 5.8 which seems like the sweet spot for bottled nutes. And how far up are the lights from the plants? 8, 10, 15, 24 inches?

ShadowKhan

ShadowKhan

I was wondering when someone was gonna mention the pH. I would go to 5.8 which seems like the sweet spot for bottled nutes. And how far up are the lights from the plants? 8, 10, 15, 24 inches?
The light is roughly 2 feet away from the top of the pot that she's in.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
The light is roughly 2 feet away from the top of the pot that she's in.
Bro Science theory here... try dropping it to 18-16 inches. that or bump up the lights to 75%

m8ty

m8ty

By the color of the stems on the plant it doesn't look like nothing is wrong, that little yellow leaf at the bottom is normal those always go first.

You should be watering every time the pots feel light when you lift it with a light solution of water and nutrients, 150 ppm of calmag and 100 ppm of nutrients.

When you water that fiber pot does the water spill out from the sides of the fabric?

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
By the color of the stems on the plant it doesn't look like nothing is wrong, that little yellow leaf at the bottom is normal those always go first.

You should be watering every time the pots feel light when you lift it with a light solution of water and nutrients, 150 ppm of calmag and 100 ppm of nutrients.

When you water that fiber pot does the water spill out from the sides of the fabric?
They do look healthy, wondering what the light schedule is on these photos/autos?

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Replying to @Harpua88 as stated in the OP and seen in the picture, I gave her nutrients because her bottom leaves were beginning to yellow. Yes, we generally try to wait 2-3 days before watering however, keep reading and Ill explain what's been happening.
Ok not all yellowing means "needs nutrients". Sometimes the very earliest, oldest leaves will yellow and die.....and it's ok.....and you're probably overwatering.I don'tknow if you've taken a Ph reading of your soil after watering, but I'll read more.

Last edited:
Pilted

Pilted

Quite often a couple of old/early/bottom leaves, t

Ok not all yellowing means "needs nutrients". Simetimes the very earliest, oldest leaves will yellow and die.....and it's ok.
Yeah but I have seen water leaves take until flower to fall off. It might be okay and something most expect but lower leaves turning yellow and dying off at this stage is pointing to an underlying problem. Js, but I agree that is fairly normal. Still tells him he can fine tune the fundamentals.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Yeah but I have seen water leaves take until flower to fall off. It might be okay and something most expect but lower leaves turning yellow and dying off at this stage is pointing to an underlying problem. Js, but I agree that is fairly normal. Still tells him he can fine tune the fundamentals.
In this particular picture.......those leaves look like early seedling leaves, maybe even the 2nd set. They're hidden, old....I certainly wouldn't look at this plant and say "feed it".

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Bro Science theory here... try dropping it to 18-16 inches. that or bump up the lights to 75%
How far frim the top of the plant? I don't know how intense this particular light is and if it's too close/powerful at this stage.....

Overall this looks like a healthy plant. It might call for tweaking/dialing in a few things a little better, but it's doing pretty well. Unless it's really older/smaller than it should be.

Last edited:
Pilted

Pilted

In this particular picture.......those leaves look like early seedling leaves, maybe even the 2nd set. They're hidden, old....I certainly wouldn't look at this plant and say "feed it".
I agree, but I would look at this plant and say why..... I would think hmm I need to find tune something, probably PH let's lower it a bit.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
How far frim the top of the plant? I don't know how intense this particular light is and if it's too close/powerful at this stage.....

Overall this looks like a healthy plant. It might call for tweaking/dialing in a few things a little better, but it's doing pretty well. Unless it's really older/smaller thanbit should be.
I agree, I wrote that midway into my bike ride, be nice if he updated us with some par readings. It's a beautiful plant. I bet he's wanting them to pray a little when the lights come on. usually an hour or two before the lights go off is when the drooping begins for some grows, at least for me it does. That seems normal to me, the plant has exhausted itself and wants to rest.

Last edited:
ShadowKhan

ShadowKhan

We've tried to water until water comes out the bottom of the pot but nothing ever comes of it. We are always worried about overwatering

ShadowKhan

ShadowKhan

I agree, I wrote that midway into my bike ride, be nice if he updated us with some par readings. It's a beautiful plant. I bet he's wanting them to pray a little when the lights come on. usually an hour or two before the lights go off is when the drooping begins for some grows, at least for me it does. That seems normal to me, the plant has exhausted itself and wants to rest.
I'm at work currently, ill get back to you guys on that :)

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
We've tried to water until water comes out the bottom of the pot but nothing ever comes of it. We are always worried about overwatering
If your bottle feeding you want that water to come out of the bottom, it's important, are you bottle feeding or is this an organic soil grow? Then I wouldn't want the water to come out the bottom if its an organic soil grow. But if it's bottled nutes, then yes, let that water flow.

ShadowKhan

ShadowKhan

If your bottle feeding you want that water to come out of the bottom, it's important, are you bottle feeding or is this an organic soil grow? Then I wouldn't want the water to come out the bottom if its an organic soil grow. But if it's bottled nutes, then yes, let that water flow.
Yeah we are using a 450 mL spray bottle, I'll send pics of it once I get home.

ShadowKhan

ShadowKhan

With the amount of heat our Phantom Pheno 440 produces, it would cook the plant if we moved it that close.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
It's not easy. People have lives and other things to do. But to the extent that they can, if someone comes in to ask a question they should try to check in over the first however many hours to get answers in a decent amount of time.

And Shadowkahn that's not for you, just a general comment. You stayed on top of things. ;)

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
It's not easy. People have lives and other things to do. But to the extent that they can, if someone comes in to ask a question they should try to check in over the first however many hours to get answers in a decent amount of time.

And Shadowkahn that's not for you, just a general comment. You stayed on top of things. ;)
I don't feel pretty anymore... was it something I said? 😞

Top Bottom