CannaGranny’s Corner a Thread for General BS and Good Will

• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Yeah this, absolutely. It's cool, it's fun, we're in control, we get to grow what we want, how we want. I'm also interested in unique, excellent strains, even if they're challenging. There's the connection with nature part of it too.
I just landed some Thai and Cambodian landrace. I’m excited about growing them. Very long flower periods one going twenty two to twenty six weeks indoors. The Thai comes from the Doi Chang mountains, it’s called Heirloom Golden Thai. Known as a grail strain.
The Cambodian is called a Heirloom Cambodian Red. It’s a sixteen weeker indoors.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
This is why i had my propane company come get their tanks. Was getting 120 gallons at 5.89 a gallon from Nolans Propane, burns up in a month. The gas station up the street has a propane fill station from the same company, Nolans Propane, its 3.49 a gallon at the fill station..... so i just fill my own 100 pound tanks. And save 2.40 a gallon.
We just switched from oil to all propane. The house came with a large tank in the back, it needs to be filled here, delivered. I can't fill it myself, but it's nice that we own the tank. It used to just power the generator, now it's our heat and hot water.

The downside is needing to keep clear a path in the snow for them to get back there to fill it. :(

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I just landed some Thai and Cambodian landrace. I’m excited about growing them. Very long flower periods one going twenty two to twenty six weeks indoors. The Thai comes from the Doi Chang mountains, it’s called Heirloom Golden Thai. Known as a grail strain.
The Cambodian is called a Heirloom Cambodian Red. It’s a sixteen weeker indoors.
Yep, those are on my agenda. There aren't many companies that get those seeds, can I ask who you used? I'm probably aware of them, the key is getting the best, truest genetics. It's astounding how it's not just "Thai", it's 11 different varieties from specific, local regions. Same for Afghanis, Pakistanis.....

It makes those companies that sell "their own take on Thai" and call it something like "Golden Tiger Thai", with 20% Indica? look like something for children.....

16 weeks of flower time? Yup. But it's worth it. Time passes. If it's gonna be a pure, unique sativa unlike anything else......yup.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

We just switched from oil to all propane. The house came with a large tank in the back, it needs to be filled here, delivered. I can't fill it myself, but it's nice that we own the tank. It used to just power the generator, now it's our heat and hot water.

The downside is needing to keep clear a path in the snow for them to get back there to fill it. :(
I have a five hundred gallon tank, last fill was 2.29 a gal. I go through two tanks a year. Where I live there is no getting back here when it snows. My gen runs off of propane as well, but I have two hundred gal tanks for it and can refill from our main tank.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Yep, those are on my agenda. There aren't many companies that get those seeds, can I ask who you used? I'm probably aware of them, the key is getting the best, truest genetics. It's astounding how it's not just "Thai", it's 11 different varieties from specific, local regions. Same for Afghanis, Pakistanis.....

It makes those companies that sell "their own take on Thai" and call it something like "Golden Tiger Thai", with 20% Indica? look like something for children.....

16 weeks of flower time? Yup. But it's worth it. Time passes. If it's gonna be a pure, unique sativa unlike anything else......yup.
These came from the UK a company called @hyp3rids. So far everyone I have talked to has been super happy with anything they have bought.
Link to page:

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I have a five hundred gallon tank, last fill was 2.29 a gal. I go through two tanks a year. Where I live there is no getting back here when it snows. My gen runs off of propane as well, but I have two hundred gal tanks for it and can refill from our main tank.
Yeah I think ours is 500gal. It looks like a giant capsule. ;). It is not easy to keep the snow cleared. We have 10 foot mounds around our driveway from the plowing. I don't know where you are, we're in the Northeast Adirondacks near Canada.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
These came from the UK a company called @hyp3rids. So far everyone I have talked to has been super happy with anything they have bought.
I've seen them. They have their own hybrids within those strains. There are a few other cos. that have pure landrace seeds from very specific areas. They're probably all good for their own reasons. Some pure landraces have low yielding, whispy flowers, and aren't necessarily cost effective. Some companies will work different strains and try to improve them.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Yeah I think ours is 500gal. It looks like a giant capsule. ;). It is not easy to keep the snow cleared. We have 10 foot mounds around our driveway from the plowing. I don't know where you are, we're in the Northeast Adirondacks near Canada.
I live in the Ozark mountains of Missouri. Our winters are not just terrible, but my driveway is! A mile of pure hell to reach my house and that’s even in the summertime!

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I've seen them. They have their own hybrids within those strains. There are a few other cos. that have pure landrace seeds from very specific areas. They're probably all good for their own reasons. Some pure landraces have low yielding, whispy flowers, and aren't necessarily cost effective. Some companies will work different strains and try to improve them.
Yeah I saw the wispy side of the landraces with some pure African Durban Poison. As you said, A friend of mine, a breeder crossed it with White Ice trying to shorten it and tighten up the buds. I have not grown the new stuff yet, so I have no opinion of how this has worked out. He seems super happy with it, but to me the strain has been sullied.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I live in the Ozark mountains of Missouri. Our winters are not just terrible, but my driveway is! A mile of pure hell to reach my house and that’s even in the summertime!
My wife has relatives down near Jefferson City. Yeah you're more like farm area.....we are too, there's farms all around and plenty of land, but probably a little more populated because we're near a large town.

We got a relatively long driveway, probably 50 yards, but it's paved, and due to be repaved... :(

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

My wife has relatives down near Jefferson City. Yeah you're more like farm area.....we are too, there's farms all around and plenty of land, but probably a little more populated because we're near a large town.

We got a relatively long driveway, probably 50 yards, but it's paved, and due to be repaved... :(
You are right. It’s one of the largest counties in Mo with the least population. I have no neighbors and I don’t want any! No convenience at all here, 145-150 miles round trip to the nearest super Walmart. Yet, some of the most beautiful untouched country left.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

330EDC3E 274A 486F A377 520E56D058B3

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

So... broken tooth fixed. Much quicker these days! Just 2-3 hours of dribble face. 🤤

I see member berries 🍇 got passed around yesterday after I left. Made it all the way back to the 60’s - 70’s!

First plant I grew was around late 70’s. Don’t recall who gave me the seed or where I found it. Mom had all the garden stuff on the back porch so mixed up a pot. Once it started growing about 6” I panicked. You could see the leaves had the well known 5 - 7 fingers. My parents beat our asses if we got caught doing stuff. So I hid it on the roof. About a week or two after that it just disappeared. I assume a squirrel got it as no one else could get up there without a ladder. (Pot was still there.)

Next try was years later in the nature trail. (A linking of parks that lead from my area down to the beaches.)

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Reading through these messages makes me think we are truly in a golden age of reefer. I have heard people say they wished they were around for various things, like the Colombian of the 70s and early 80s, Thai from the 70s, Skunk from the 80s... Yeah, that was all fine and good, but the variety and abundance of today was never matched in the past. There could also be long periods of drought, with no weed available. In the 70s, the northeast US would have a reefer drought every year, starting about May or June.

(I do remember when the Tall Ships came into NY Harbor for the 1976 July 4th celebration. All of a sudden, the dry streets were awash in hashish.)

In a few years, once we have full legalization, GMO weed will enter the picture. I kind of doubt that will be a great benefit for tokers.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

With all this dispensary talk....I just want to say that cheap does not mean good. There is a reason the market is being absolutely FLOODED with bunk ass weed.

My friend who works for an unnamed dispo was over a few weekends ago and he told me that there are labs that are selling "contracts" to grow facilities that would ensure their bud meets specific THC ranges - no matter what. You catch my drift? This was a lab selling a contract to a grow facility to cheat numbers.

Radiated weed. PGR weed. 100% amber trichs. Tumblers. Pest & fungicide management.

Nope. Nope, nope, nope, and nooooope.

In a few years, once we have full legalization, GMO weed will enter the picture. I kind of doubt that will be a great benefit for tokers.

That's my big concern as well...when they have a complete stranglehold on the seeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom