CannaGranny’s Corner a Thread for General BS and Good Will

• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I guess there is a lot going on that I know nothing of. I’m sorry that happened to you! What a bummer. If it makes you feel any better, I just hung that SF, and I really can’t comment on it’s abilities as I had a mars hydro 3000 in there and have been very pleased with it. It runs cooler than the SF.
I did get your emoji point but would have been more understandable had ya put the twister first! Women really do think differently than men 🙂
Also, if I just wanted to be a sore ass about something it would be what I “won” that I did not get. That’s all I’m going to say, but I can say I first hand feel your ire. Not our forum, we have zero control but we live and learn, right?

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

the next time someone says to you to tell them something they do not know you tell them that elephants are the only mammal that does not jump

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Contest was canceled day of the draw. I was convinced I was going to win. 🙏

Then you noted how good the 5000 was that you just one. Like twisting the knife.

I get dad jokes aren’t for everyone but I thought 🔪🌪 was pretty good...until I had to explain it. 🤔
you were convinced you were gonna win hmmmm was the draw like wrestling pre determined ?

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

I hope alls well with them, They were going to sponsor me a new G3000 for my next grow with my new Auto Pots....I have a plan.....I wonder what's up?
did they not msg you privately ? i got a msg from them with a email to continue our relationship , although i do not know why they did over me no more free stuff lol

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

the next time someone says to you to tell them something they do not know you tell them that elephants are the only mammal that does not jump
Elephants are the only mammal that can’t jump

Myth. It is true that adult elephants can’t jump. But there are other mammals that can’t either, like sloths, hippos and rhinos. Although, unlike elephants, hippos and rhinos can have all four feet off the ground at the same time when they run.

steamroller

steamroller

_bXIbu.gif

My buddy used to bring his elephant to the equestrian jumping contest till they banned him.
source.gif

🤣

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I regularly over-stuff my 5 x 5. You have to prune them ruthlessly.

IMG 7433

Height has mostly been kept in check (this is the end of the second week of stretch) with super cropping/stem squashing and bending. One of the exceptions is the gal in the back left corner. She's in a 3 gallon pot, while everyone else is in a 5 gallon. The smaller pot has not made her slow down the stretch. Unfortunately, what keeps height down makes them branch out.

These are all from seed. It's pretty clear that the gal in front-center would be happy to take over 1/4 of the tent or more, but I have no idea if I'll like any of these. (I'm pretty sure I'll like them, but that's the case whenever I'm growing something new, and it doesn't always pan out.)

Now that I posted this pic, I can see a lower branch or two that needs to be removed on some of these. I'm talking to you, lower branch on the gal to the right.

TSD

TSD

I have a question and it might be a dumb one because I don't have a tent, but... why don't they just... make taller tents? I see so many posts of people struggling with vertical space and having to do grow gymnastics to keep the buds far enough away from the lights... Do they make extra tall tents? Seems like too obvious of a solution, so there must be something I'm missing? I guess you'd have to have tall enough ceilings to accommodate... maybe I take that for granted in my old ass house with higher than average ceilings lol. Inquiring minds want to know. 🤷‍♀️

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I have a question and it might be a dumb one because I don't have a tent, but... why don't they just... make taller tents? I see so many posts of people struggling with vertical space and having to do grow gymnastics to keep the buds far enough away from the lights... Do they make extra tall tents? Seems like too obvious of a solution, so there must be something I'm missing? I guess you'd have to have tall enough ceilings to accommodate... maybe I take that for granted in my old ass house with higher than average ceilings lol. Inquiring minds want to know. 🤷‍♀️
If you want to spend money, gorilla grow tent has expansion poles to make their tents taller. Think they max out at 7'10?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I’ve asked the same question about toilets! 17.5 inches is max. Lol.

TSD

TSD

I’ve asked the same question about toilets! 17.5 inches is max. Lol.
Seriously.... tall people need to take dumps too maaaan. 🤣 Aren't handicap toilets slightly taller?
If I had money to reno my kitchen I would, for the simple fact that I'm too tall for my counters. Any time I am prepping food, baking, or doing dishes in the sink, I'm either hunched over and making my back sore, or standing there with my legs spread like I'm preparing to do the warrior yoga pose and looking ridiculous. 🤣

GrilledCheeze

GrilledCheeze

A standard ceiling heigh is 7.5-8' so they make the tents a little smaller to fit at around 6.5'. I think a lot of people loose space at the top of their tent due to HVAC components, especially filters. I have been working on that in my situation by relocating a few components to sit on the top of my tent (intake and light driver) and that has freed up some space for me. I think i still loose 10"+ with the carbon filter.

Another thing I did with my current grow is change my technique to scrogging which has given me a tremendous amount of additional vertical space. I want to try my setup with my traditional style of growing but I'm kind of hooked on scrogg right now lol. Here's how I'm using the space above my tent:

Above tent
TSD

TSD

A standard ceiling heigh is 7.5-8' so they make the tents a little smaller to fit at around 6.5'. I think a lot of people loose space at the top of their tent due to HVAC components, especially filters. I have been working on that in my situation by relocating a few components to sit on the top of my tent (intake and light driver) and that has freed up some space for me. I think i still loose 10"+ with the carbon filter.

Another thing I did with my current grow is change my technique to scrogging which has given me a tremendous amount of additional vertical space. I want to try my setup with my traditional style of growing but I'm kind of hooked on scrogg right now lol. Here's how I'm using the space above my tent:
Yeah scrogs are great. I'm seriously considering just turning my smallest bedroom into a grow room and not messing around with a tent... but that would require me to upgrade the electrical and rig up an exhaust outside... so maybe a tent is easier, plus then I could use the bedroom as a lung room... or I'll just keep slumming it in my closet and fighting Ma Nature every year indefinitely... until I either have the money for tents, quit smoking, or get old and die. 🤣

GrilledCheeze

GrilledCheeze

Yeah scrogs are great. I'm seriously considering just turning my smallest bedroom into a grow room and not messing around with a tent... but that would require me to upgrade the electrical and rig up an exhaust outside... so maybe a tent is easier, plus then I could use the bedroom as a lung room... or I'll just keep slumming it in my closet and fighting Ma Nature every year indefinitely... until I either have the money for tents, quit smoking, or get old and die. 🤣
I find it's much easier to control your environmental conditions when you have more air volume to work with. We rent now and I have space restrictions that prevent me from just sealing off that room and running it as one thing. I'm also not sure how to stop light penetration? Maybe some black/white poly carefully placed over the windows? I have to remain discreet. Now I'm seriously thinking about it..

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I sent her an email earlier it usually takes a day or 2 for a reply. Funny I just confirmed my address with them on Monday, If they're not going to participate here I can't see them continuing the sponsorship's.......wait and see I guess
She replied with a new contract for me to sign for their new G3000 so I guess they're still sponsoring us here, maybe just got away from giving out the SE5000 through pic of the month.....Time for Viparspectra to step up.😁

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Seriously.... tall people need to take dumps too maaaan. 🤣 Aren't handicap toilets slightly taller?
If I had money to reno my kitchen I would, for the simple fact that I'm too tall for my counters. Any time I am prepping food, baking, or doing dishes in the sink, I'm either hunched over and making my back sore, or standing there with my legs spread like I'm preparing to do the warrior yoga pose and looking ridiculous. 🤣
Yes they are! After installing them in two of my three bathrooms that third bathroom feels like a Barbie toilet! Like you, I’m tall too, same probs at the kitchen sink. Not to mention finding jeans that are long enough! Lmao at warrior yoga pose! 😂🤣😅🥲

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

She replied with a new contract for me to sign for their new G3000 so I guess they're still sponsoring us here, maybe just got away from giving out the SE5000 through pic of the month.....Time for Viparspectra to step up.😁
Glad to hear this! I’m thinking you are going to really like that light. So far so good here, it puts off a bit more heat than my mars hydro does and I have had to some experimenting on that, otherwise the ladies seem to like it.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Glad to hear this! I’m thinking you are going to really like that light. So far so good here, it puts off a bit more heat than my mars hydro does and I have had to some experimenting on that, otherwise the ladies seem to like it.
I have 2 of their SE3000 both a bit different look to them this new G series advertising

" The G series utilizes the same design philosophy as the premium SE series but at a more affordable price point. G Series is also suitable grow spaces with low ceiling or grow tent under 7′."

It looks like they're going with more plastic......to cut costs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom