• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
ninjadip

ninjadip

View attachment 1345636
Reupholstered the bench wifey loves. She wore through the leather top.

View attachment 1345638
Made two additional rain barrels last fall. Just added the spigots. Out of stock locally until mid winter.

View attachment 1345639
Pic went sideways but it’s the main floor chimney and ceiling. Not going to be a fun job this spring.

Just puttering around doing small chores. Going into the yard to enjoy 9* sunny weather. They promised a few inches of snow by late afternoon. 🤷‍♂️

Hope you all get a bit of sun today.

Zen
Like the bench, the older I get the more I want a shoe changing bench for myself... Lol

It's nice af here in the valley today. Going to go to my first hockey game tonight in DC.

Here's a cool root photo to trip out on. You are seeing enzymes from cannazyme working with yucca, a wetting agent, to create a foam that is clinging and naturally cleaning the root zone.

PXL 20230328 230850625
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Like the bench, the older I get the more I want a shoe changing bench for myself... Lol
That’s exactly what it is. Got it at Costco over a decade ago for her. Now it’s her spot for calls, cooking, and seeing tv in the other room. 🤣

It's nice af here in the valley today. Going to go to my first hockey game tonight in DC.
Cool. I hear the Leafs made it again too. Now they will blow it as always. Haven’t won since my sister was born.

Here's a cool root photo to trip out on. You are seeing enzymes from cannazyme working with yucca, a wetting agent, to create a foam that is clinging and naturally cleaning the root zone.
Neat. Always liked hydro. Just never got around to it. Dirt was just always there and ready to go.

Mothman

Mothman

We are up here for our one year anniversary and we spent today all day hiking. We had so much fun, got to see a lot of local history, this bridge really is a marvel imo. They let people bungee jump here once a year on bridge day.

We are coming back up here in the summer to do some level 6 white water rafting... 8 hours down the river, going to be a hell of a work out
Nice pics!

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

View attachment 1345638
Made two additional rain barrels last fall. Just added the spigots. Out of stock locally until mid winter.

I'm in the planning stages of a rain collection system for the house. Going to stack two 250 gal totes sitting on cinder blocks to elevate off the ground and for a stable base. Going to install a flush first system and rain gutters to collect the water.

Do you have a filtering system to filter out leaves and debris before it hits the tank?

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

I'm in the planning stages of a rain collection system for the house. Going to stack two 250 gal totes sitting on cinder blocks to elevate off the ground and for a stable base. Going to install a flush first system and rain gutters to collect the water.
Cool. We already had two black barrels so I added one more to the house and a second on the garage.

The one in the pic was a test. It goes straight in while the second barrel I put two layers of steel mesh.

Do you have a filtering system to filter out leaves and debris before it hits the tank?
Steel mesh ATM but I’ll switch to the hydro mesh baskets when I remember at the store. A few different sizes to check.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Cool. We already had two black barrels so I added one more to the house and a second on the garage.

The one in the pic was a test. It goes straight in while the second barrel I put two layers of steel mesh.

Steel mesh ATM but I’ll switch to the hydro mesh baskets when I remember at the store. A few different sizes to check.

View attachment 1345709
I was thinking of buying this for down spout prefilter then use one of the bubble hash baqs I never use to filter out grit and fine particle?

Eventually I'd like to add on a drinking water filtration system in case things get serious. Unfortunately my state doesn't seem to think that clean drinking water is a priority.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

I was thinking of buying this for down spout prefilter then use one of the bubble hash baqs I never use to filter out grit and fine particle?

Neat. I have two devices on the fancy barrels but these are much nicer.

To dark now but I’ll take pics in the morning and post.

Eventually I'd like to add on a drinking water filtration system in case things get serious. Unfortunately my state doesn't seem to think that clean drinking water is a priority.
Our water is actually good. They just upgraded the infrastructure in my area about 10 years ago.

However I wouldn’t drink the rain water unless I had no other options. Then I’d boil & filter. 😝 Down side of a large city.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Neat. I have two devices on the fancy barrels but these are much nicer.

To dark now but I’ll take pics in the morning and post.

Our water is actually good. They just upgraded the infrastructure in my area about 10 years ago.

However I wouldn’t drink the rain water unless I had no other options. Then I’d boil & filter. 😝 Down side of a large city.
I want to build a sand filtration system with 55 gal barrels as an emergency system. Lots of "boil water" notices going on all around me. Just in case.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

I want to build a sand filtration system with 55 gal barrels as an emergency system. Lots of "boil water" notices going on all around me. Just in case.

Had just enough light to take these not as pretty as the ones you found but metal and take our winters. Had two of these for over 15 years.
5FD4ACB3 3631 4599 8817 6D0E80BE71FC
2CA3FD4F C638 4E4C 838E DDDDB3D6238E
55695C09 E192 4F16 9CB5 DF07213E2C47

Sorry for the size. Forgot to turn sideways. Fricken cold out now. Frozen ground after the rain/snow storm yesterday.

The hose for filling watering can was replaced once. Gets brittle in winter and grandson thought jumping on it was fun. 🤦

That’s why the new ones have spigots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom