CANNONBALL RUN!! - Putting the Spider Farmer SE3000 through its paces!!

• Thread starter Nectarivorous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

This thread shows a plant that's popped a few male flowers. These ones have already opened. Note the "nanners" the ball contains.

This one shows a hermie when it first starts flowering. These pics may not be the best for your needs, but you can see what a ball looks like.
Thanks mate. I reckon what I found on the plant next to it in the bud were tiny undeveloped seeds. The message I took away was the later in the flower the better, I've got my fingers crossed this was quite later on judging by the smaller number. I'm also told it's a lot less manic in most cases than a full on pollination by a proper male plant?

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

So any other takers on the debate? Make my peace with the fact there's seeds, keep ripening, or is any more work the plant does all gonna be about making seeds?

Madmax

Madmax

If you cant find many nanners then it shouldnt b all that bad..if green those seeds will take maybe another 3 weeks to ripen..if your plant was riddled then the plant would put most of its energy to produce those and none towards the buds..your nearly at the end so id just harvest them soon..the others could b affected aswell so its your call .from my experience seeds take around 6 weeks to fully ripen..

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

If you cant find many nanners then it shouldnt b all that bad..if green those seeds will take maybe another 3 weeks to ripen..if your plant was riddled then the plant would put most of its energy to produce those and none towards the buds..your nearly at the end so id just harvest them soon..the others could b affected aswell so its your call .from my experience seeds take around 6 weeks to fully ripen..
Yeah cool, they were barely more than overly swollen calyx with little seed inside. The bud from the plant next to it had these tiny seed things half the size of the period on this sentence. I was debating this weekend or next weekend for the one with the seeds, so this Saturday it is. Day 60 of 12/12. I'll assess the others at that time.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You may have hermied, I don't think so. Back in the day we would get rid of all the males but we would always gets maybe half a dozen seeds from the plants.
From what I understand, don't quote me here, This happens because of a genetic feature that will grow seeds in a harvest of all females. It's very strain dependent,
I think it's a sativa trait.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

You may have hermied, I don't think so. Back in the day we would get rid of all the males but we would always gets maybe half a dozen seeds from the plants.
From what I understand, don't quote me here, This happens because of a genetic feature that will grow seeds in a harvest of all females. It's very strain dependent,
I think it's a sativa trait.
Yeah could well be the case here. I've taken five or six small nugs from the bottom to check for seeds and found one seed in the lot, reasonably developed though. All bar one that I found were on low popcorn buds and all were small and green. I definitely pushed them very hard with light when I had the Mars Hydro in, that wouldn't have helped. But definitely only seems to be small numbers on this one plant. Like was said earlier even with a few seeds in it's better than anything that can be gotten around here. I'll just collect them all and sell a bunch of Herm seeds to the asshole that been seeking wet hemp weed to me at exorbitant prices forever 😂

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

So what do you think of that light @Nectarivorous ?
Really really like it. Much more compact and self contained than the Mars lights, everything about those felt cheap and breakable. There's a sturdiness to this light, and I swear the UV is making them frost already. Looking forward to getting my 2-3 little clones in there straight into flower and see what it does with a whole flower cycle to do its thing 😍

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Really really like it. Much more compact and self contained than the Mars lights, everything about those felt cheap and breakable. There's a sturdiness to this light, and I swear the UV is making them frost already. Looking forward to getting my 2-3 little clones in there straight into flower and see what it does with a whole flower cycle to do its thing 😍
UV will frost them right up. Good stuff. But watch your leaf temps with UV. You may need to dial it back a touch.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I've got a pointy IR one I use to check my kid's temp. I'll use that. Funnily enough though it stays cool, to the point that SF recommend 6" hanging height during flower 😯
Once the stretch is done, you can bring lights lower and slightly reduce the power. This will save money. Especially if all your tops are about the same height.
And you can up the power if the plant can handle it. Just watch it closely for signs of light stress, then back it off a bit. Running the hard edge during flower still yields the best.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Once the stretch is done, you can bring lights lower and slightly reduce the power. This will save money. Especially if all your tops are about the same height.
And you can up the power if the plant can handle it. Just watch it closely for signs of light stress, then back it off a bit. Running the hard edge during flower still yields the best.
So do you think I'm on the right track aiming to pull this Saturday? That'll be 60 days. Or just carry on as if no seed was found and pick em when we are certain on trichomes? They're milking up pretty quickly I'll get some photos up tonight ☺️

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Yeah cool, they were barely more than overly swollen calyx with little seed inside. The bud from the plant next to it had these tiny seed things half the size of the period on this sentence. I was debating this weekend or next weekend for the one with the seeds, so this Saturday it is. Day 60 of 12/12. I'll assess the others at that time.
Sorry to hear about your girls...🙁 On the bright side, at least they were fuzzy balls! 🙃😁👍

Same thing happened to me the other day too, right after I told @Frankster that I'd keep a look out for nanners/balls...Psssht! 🤣 I found about 10 immature seeds from only one plant, the very one that decided to stall on us, although this WAS a stressful grow, imo...🙃🤪😵

Majority of the seeds were mostly found INside the main bud sites, but I did noticed 1 to 2 round balls forming at the base of the main bud sites, and only on 2 branches, weird...Either way, they're all chopped down already, and the buds that were affected was just as potent as the rest of the harvest...

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Let the rest go until they are all milky and pull 1/3 of them, wait till they are 25% amber and pull another 1/3, then when they hit 50/60% amber, pull the rest. You can mix and match the different amber levels to hit your preferred amount of couch lock., or none for daytime.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Brilliant plan. Lets me stagger trim a little bit and let me see how they develop. My thinking on the first one was if it's using its energy on seeds there may be no point leaving it to do that which you've basically confirmed ❤️

Anthem

Anthem

Take a good hard look at the plant that has the hermie traits. Seed pods are pretty easy to spot and do an inventory of how many seeds you think you have before you think about running those clones IMO but I come from a place where seeds is a major no no in the end product.
Hermie traits can be either genetic or environment. Light leaks or a red light from say a plug strip are two of the most common causes for hermie's.
Good Luck with your grow!

Top Bottom