CANNONBALL RUN!! - Putting the Spider Farmer SE3000 through its paces!!

• Thread starter Nectarivorous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Take a good hard look at the plant that has the hermie traits. Seed pods are pretty easy to spot and do an inventory of how many seeds you think you have before you think about running those clones IMO but I come from a place where seeds is a major no no in the end product.
Hermie traits can be either genetic or environment. Light leaks or a red light from say a plug strip are two of the most common causes for hermie's.
Good Luck with your grow!
Hey mate! Appreciate the advice. Definitely no light leaks I was fanatical about this from the start. Last night I was in the room five minutes before and waiting for the lights to come on and was marveling at the darkness. It was like, how much more black could this be, and the answer was none...none more black.
I pushed them pretty hard during flower with the lights, could have induced some stress. Rookie error perhaps. But yeah could be genetic. Honestly had a good look this morning and I reckon there's maybe ten. My four clones that I took were all from a different plant that is a couple weeks behind this one, I'll keep a close eye on that one and if any issues I'll bin the clones. I've got GG4 seeds from the same supplier so will run those with more knowledge and a better light and see how I go. But yeah don't reckon I counted more than ten seed pods after a close exam, of course that doesn't tell me what is going on inside the big buds but probably a good sign? All seem to be on lower buds in one area of the plant so maybe one nanner above popped onto that part of the plant? Seeds still very green, feel like if I pull and dry tonight they're so green and soft they won't even trouble the grinder or be noticed when they're in the mix?

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Sorry to hear about your girls...🙁 On the bright side, at least they were fuzzy balls! 🙃😁👍

Same thing happened to me the other day too, right after I told @Frankster that I'd keep a look out for nanners/balls...Psssht! 🤣 I found about 10 immature seeds from only one plant, the very one that decided to stall on us, although this WAS a stressful grow, imo...🙃🤪😵

Majority of the seeds were mostly found INside the main bud sites, but I did noticed 1 to 2 round balls forming at the base of the main bud sites, and only on 2 branches, weird...Either way, they're all chopped down already, and the buds that were affected was just as potent as the rest of the harvest...
Is it good that they're fluffy? ☺️

Anthem

Anthem

Hey mate! Appreciate the advice. Definitely no light leaks I was fanatical about this from the start. Last night I was in the room five minutes before and waiting for the lights to come on and was marveling at the darkness. It was like, how much more black could this be, and the answer was none...none more black.
I pushed them pretty hard during flower with the lights, could have induced some stress. Rookie error perhaps. But yeah could be genetic. Honestly had a good look this morning and I reckon there's maybe ten. My four clones that I took were all from a different plant that is a couple weeks behind this one, I'll keep a close eye on that one and if any issues I'll bin the clones. I've got GG4 seeds from the same supplier so will run those with more knowledge and a better light and see how I go. But yeah don't reckon I counted more than ten seed pods after a close exam, of course that doesn't tell me what is going on inside the big buds but probably a good sign? All seem to be on lower buds in one area of the plant so maybe one nanner above popped onto that part of the plant? Seeds still very green, feel like if I pull and dry tonight they're so green and soft they won't even trouble the grinder or be noticed when they're in the mix?
I do not believe you could have done it with the lights. Mars are POS but the series you have can give off a fair amount of light. Mars is a joke and I feel bad for people that purchase their products. I learned the hard way with their stuff as well.
I had a clone only strain get me earlier this year. Ice Cream Cakes, it is a hot strain but it hermied. Similar to yours down low but they were mature seeds. I will not run genetics with Hermie tendency. Some are fine with it but for me it is just too easy to set up mom's and run clones of good stable genetics. That is part of the problem with all the pollen chucking going on these days. Breeders use to really do their homework and it would take years for them to develop a new strain. Take a look at Humbolt CSI they have some nice stuff as well as Lit Farms. Do your research before you buy. I think you mentioned that is Green Crack. That strain has been around for a long time and if you got hermie's from genetics I would probably not purchase from that seed bank again.
I find it hard to believe that a really hot new strain in Cali is available so quickly in Europe in seed form.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

I do not believe you could have done it with the lights. Mars are POS but the series you have can give off a fair amount of light. Mars is a joke and I feel bad for people that purchase their products. I learned the hard way with their stuff as well.
I had a clone only strain get me earlier this year. Ice Cream Cakes, it is a hot strain but it hermied. Similar to yours down low but they were mature seeds. I will not run genetics with Hermie tendency. Some are fine with it but for me it is just too easy to set up mom's and run clones of good stable genetics. That is part of the problem with all the pollen chucking going on these days. Breeders use to really do their homework and it would take years for them to develop a new strain. Take a look at Humbolt CSI they have some nice stuff as well as Lit Farms. Do your research before you buy. I think you mentioned that is Green Crack. That strain has been around for a long time and if you got hermie's from genetics I would probably not purchase from that seed bank again.
I find it hard to believe that a really hot new strain in Cali is available so quickly in Europe in seed form.
Didn't quite understand the first bit, are you saying low light would make them Herm? Those Mars did put out a lot of light, my concern is they got too much. All the wrong spectrum and totally unreliable but a lot of light regardless.

I did a lot of research, my biggest problem is finding suppliers who'll even sell to me. Tricky in the southern hemisphere, and worse with flu. It ended up being crop King or nothing. Will definitely invest more time now though, and I believe there are guys on here in my country who sell seeds as well...

I will keep an eye on the plant I took my clones from if I see signs I'll bin the clones. Didn't quite understand the last bit about hot strains in Europe, are you saying when you see that so quickly you know they're suspect?

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Also
also my problem is space. My 4x4 basically leaves me just enough room to walk around the outside in the little room I have it in. Can't keep plants in the house because woman. Wouldn't know where to keep a mother.... 😞

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Didn't quite understand the first bit, are you saying low light would make them Herm? Those Mars did put out a lot of light, my concern is they got too much. All the wrong spectrum and totally unreliable but a lot of light regardless.

I did a lot of research, my biggest problem is finding suppliers who'll even sell to me. Tricky in the southern hemisphere, and worse with flu. It ended up being crop King or nothing. Will definitely invest more time now though, and I believe there are guys on here in my country who sell seeds as well...

I will keep an eye on the plant I took my clones from if I see signs I'll bin the clones. Didn't quite understand the last bit about hot strains in Europe, are you saying when you see that so quickly you know they're suspect?
I had some experiences with Crop King seeds going hermi on me as well Bubba Kush and I got shit service and a bad attitude trying to deal with them.....I was getting a malicious warning on their website from firefox when I tried to get on to see what their guarantee on seeds was.....I'd rather not buy from them again.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Yeah I'm gonna find some of the OGs on here closer to home who can help with some fire genetics ☺️ Thanks for the confirm, I can only put it down to genetics these things are pretty well sealed off from the world and have been loved like babies. I'm gonna assume genes rather than get all down on myself haha.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

FuZZy...😄 Yours had TRICHS on them, yes? Imo, that's a bonus...Haha! 😁
They most certainly did! I had another look this morning and they are very milky, that plant was always gonna be first to come down, so now very excited about my first pull after work tonight. I will find out how much work is involved in doing just one and realise what I've gotten myself into 🤦‍♂️😂

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Also

also my problem is space. My 4x4 basically leaves me just enough room to walk around the outside in the little room I have it in. Can't keep plants in the house because woman. Wouldn't know where to keep a mother.... 😞
" Can't keep plants in the house because woman " I put my foot down on this. I said I'm growing and that's that ......is that Okay with you dear? I'd have been fk too had she said no.....I'm the king of my castle.....as long as wifey say says so....lol Fk what ever happened to us sad men where we lost our balls and feeblility crept in...?

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

" Can't keep plants in the house because woman " I put my foot down on this. I said I'm growing and that's that ......is that Okay with you dear? I'd have been fk too had she said no.....I'm the king of my castle.....as long as wifey say says so....lol Fk what ever happened to us sad men where we lost our balls and feeblility crept in...?
nah we just got smarter. The art of the slow creep. She didn't even like me smoking at first. Then I convinced her we could turn the unused utility closet into a way to eliminate my extensive medicine bill, and it was game on. She didn't want a dog but babe we have to protect our baby and prevent any nosey neighbours considering a fence jump - dog is coming next week. It's like a frog as long as you put it in when the water is cold and raise the temperature slowly it never knows it's being cooked 😉

Anthem

Anthem

Basically what I was saying about the lights is that the Mars series you have do put out a lot of light. Probably not the correct spectrum as you mentioned. When someone comes to the site and says things like oh my lights are really bright, that might be the case to the human eye but the plants do not see it thru the human eye. Often the lights producing well do not look all that bright to the human eye.
I am suspect that some of the European seed banks are selling knock off seeds. They have their own plant genetics to draw from and it is possible that they kind of look at the linage of a strain and sort of match up the genetics the best they can to sell a knock off seed.

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

They most certainly did! I had another look this morning and they are very milky, that plant was always gonna be first to come down, so now very excited about my first pull after work tonight. I will find out how much work is involved in doing just one and realise what I've gotten myself into 🤦‍♂️😂
Oooh it will ALL be worth it, headaches and all, Imo... 👍 🤪🥰😄 Enjoy man, you've earned it! 👍😎🚬

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

nah we just got smarter. The art of the slow creep. She didn't even like me smoking at first. Then I convinced her we could turn the unused utility closet into a way to eliminate my extensive medicine bill, and it was game on. She didn't want a dog but babe we have to protect our baby and prevent any nosey neighbours considering a fence jump - dog is coming next week. It's like a frog as long as you put it in when the water is cold and raise the temperature slowly it never knows it's being cooked 😉
Hhmm...🤔 I sense higher motives are working in the background here, g/f is gooooood...👍😉 Just saying, I mean j/k....Haha 🤣

Too funny you guyz....Smh lol

I've never thought about it till now and obviously this happens more than we know...I never realized the extra pressure and anxiety of couples who don't grow and do Cannabis together...Seriously, I feel for you Guyz/Galz! 😰

BUT on the other hand...IF @ComfortablyNumb was against me growing, etc..."And then we PRAY!" (Inside joke LOL @ComfortablyNumb ) 🙏🧐😅😂

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

See, this is why mentoring comes in handy. 😎

Start saving money. It's your turn to get some goodies, her turn is coming.....🤑

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

So last night was debut night for big girl. Funnily enough I've been accidentally calling her big boy so I must've known she had balls. Quite a few lower sites are all seed but I was only gonna crumble those and sift for hash, and the seed pods have trichs anyway so I'm happy. Big hugs look really clean, and other three plants showing no seeding. May have been a stress responses rather than a true Herm, or just shitty genetics. In any case the shit is sticky as a mofo haha. Got some photos before I cut her, was my first girl to ever pop so was a bit emotional

1CF3EB76 D146 416E 8021 3172F0B267FE
0B98A4E7 E06F 4099 8376 0E41549092B6

Her milkshake brings all the boys to the yard...

02A1BE35 5E29 4013 B393 4A30FCBA01B1

A couple of pics to show why silica is our best friend

F23A571C B281 4E61 8C2C 325455235A24
DDEEA6BD D2B6 4AEC A07B 3A1809056069

Some pictures of the yield hanging for the next couple weeks. Only big fans taken as I'm doing a long dry and wet trimming.

B7E197B4 EC2B 4C0F 9BB5 F41BF4972875
3F3ECFD0 D792 4748 96D9 B21137F0FAF6
ADE96AA6 BBC3 4AC1 998A 73A99A122141
6CBFEFAD 3F71 4113 85EA 2A7F565902F4

C9F2C414 D0D6 44C6 BFCB 6AAB11E83D24
Top Bottom