CANNONBALL RUN!! - Putting the Spider Farmer SE3000 through its paces!!

• Thread starter Nectarivorous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Chopped ya first plant down mate congrats man good feeling when all ya hard work pays off just wondering what made u go with the dry trim method? I always wet trim now find it way easier than trying to get all the dry leaf off sticky dry buds someone on here dry trims with a silicon brush I think it was dirtbag that looks the go a quick brush brush and they done😂😂😂 I must be the slowest trimmer in the world takes me 2 days to trim up my tent😂

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Chopped ya first plant down mate congrats man good feeling when all ya hard work pays off just wondering what made u go with the dry trim method? I always wet trim now find it way easier than trying to get all the dry leaf off sticky dry buds someone on here dry trims with a silicon brush I think it was dirtbag that looks the go a quick brush brush and they done😂😂😂 I must be the slowest trimmer in the world takes me 2 days to trim up my tent😂
Just read a lot of opinions and the consensus seemed to be sugar leaves left on=slower dry=better terp retention. I guess I'll find out for myself when it comes time to trim, I kind of want those leaves dry anyway so I can freeze them straight away and sift them for hash. Gonna be a process though...

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Is this rot of some sort? Is just the very top part of one bud. Felt very dry almost like it had been cured, sugar leaves dried and curled up. The sugar leaves and small fans pull out really easily. I've since cut this part off so it doesn't spread. Any ideas from the pics?

966D24AF CB2B 4720 AE64 2B1F1FD284C7
1AA85227 6795 474E 9925 98B27E118F8D
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Is this rot of some sort? Is just the very top part of one bud. Felt very dry almost like it had been cured, sugar leaves dried and curled up. The sugar leaves and small fans pull out really easily. I've since cut this part off so it doesn't spread. Any ideas from the pics?
grab a piece of the bud where you suspect rot, if you can pull it out easily its rot it will be fluffy and greyish on the inside

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

grab a piece of the bud where you suspect rot, if you can pull it out easily its rot it will be fluffy and greyish on the inside
I cut the whole piece off to not take a risk. The leaves pull out easily but the bud just feels kinda dry and crispy. Kinda smells amazing too. Kinda a peachy smell though so could well be botrytis.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That's budrot, 100%

It will spread through the stems and infect the whole plant given enough time.
Any time I've seen it crop up, I take the whole plant down before it's too late.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

You need more airflow and less humidity.
Increasing the airflow (a lot) will prevent on it's own, take away some humidity also and you should never worry about it.
Yeah I've got two fans and four inch exhaust but I've got two more fans on the way. I'm also not running these giant 8 gal pots they sold me. It's so much wet Coco in the room even with decent thinning it won't stay down. I was able to control it through stretch by running the heater but in these latter stages I'm keeping the temps down. Two more fans and going from 8 gal to 3 gal fabric should make a huge difference

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

That's budrot, 100%

It will spread through the stems and infect the whole plant given enough time.
Any time I've seen it crop up, I take the whole plant down before it's too late.
Thanks mate. It was only on that one top from what I can see, it was leaning against the wall so I think there was a condensation site there between the two of them. I cut enough off that everything underneath was clean including the stem.
I totally hear you though, lights are off now when they come back on in twelve I'll give her a good look. She is on a day by day anyway just waiting for a couple more amber trichs so if I have any suspicion tonight she'll come down. She's got some beautiful tight nugs I'm not wasting those ☺️

Top Bottom