CANNONBALL RUN!! - Putting the Spider Farmer SE3000 through its paces!!

• Thread starter Nectarivorous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

Your last pic was the best to view the calyx.they are swelling up .looks all milky so your right in the window..ive had strains that stay milky for weeks lol and others ive had to watch daily.im usually waiting for a little amber so it takes the edge off it a little and gain a little more c weight...ive picked all milky and viewed them a couple days later drying and i could see a little started to amber up..

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

A few of the heads are swollen. I see milk and clear. Watch the heads, when the majority are swollen it's ready. From then on it's personal preference on how much couch-lock you want.
Maybe a week, 2 or 3 days either way.
Awesome, thanks mate. I zoomed in on a couple of spots on the zooms where I thought I saw some amber. But definitely the main thing that's happening last few days is trichs growing mushroom heads like a mofo. I'm always wary of confusing correlation with causation but I swear this has gone crazy since I introduced the SF with lots of UV.

Check this pic of a bud I quite literally ripped in half while pulling leaves. Interesting to see what the calyces look like all lined up, I believe they wrap around the stem in a perfect Fibonacci spiral from what I've read. In each little one there was a soft little seed looking thing. Very small and soft, fleshy. My question is, is this a natural remnant of a calyx that never fulfilled its destiny? Is it a sign that the plant is going Herm? Our worst of all is it a sign that it or another plant has already Hermed and this is now beginning to make seeds. I'll pull it soon if it's the last!!

FA50C295 180C 4351 B7D8 EC8A2A471845
1D632DA6 D801 4194 8A7C 260C19DCEA62
84161CE6 4397 4E9C 87D3 409A79A1DA5B
0A189498 A392 441D B652 CF5A394BB7AE
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Well fuckety fuck fuck. Went to do a good inspection on my big girl tonight thinking she's closest to ready. Spotted something on a low bud. Then another. Then another. Then one on one of the big heads 😭😭

981026A6 43CB 45BD 9951 18BFA8896F3D

Only seems to be on a few sites but who knows what has been growing under those big buds. I can't see anything like this on the other plants. Should I pull this one asap??

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

I imagine you've squeezed them to see if they contain seeds?

If they do have seeds in them, is there some reason you think this plant also provided the pollen?
I'm only going on my limited knowledge. They looked different to other calyx so I squeezed them and some moisture and a little green seed came out. When I accidentally ripped a bud in half on a different plant last night there were little tiny things that looked like seeds in the calyces

333E2DB3 BF93 4185 92FC F54075EFCB5A

So I have no idea where the pollen came from. There are only four plants in there and all are flowering so I imagine one has developed nanners or gone Herm? 😞

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

If it's pretty close to ready is it worth pulling before it wastes any more energy on making more seeds or bigger seeds?

FourPlants

FourPlants

So if it's a Herm will it only be that plant that's affected or will it pollinate others? They only pollinate themselves yeah?
If you have a herm and that plant developed seeds it’s likely your other plants have as well. You could have gotten lucky and it’s only what you found. You are late enough where pulling now won’t do much.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

If you have a herm and that plant developed seeds it’s likely your other plants have as well. You could have gotten lucky and it’s only what you found. You are late enough where pulling now won’t do much.
When you say it won't do much, you mean the damage is done? I kinda get that but if it's just going to produce more seeds the longer I leave it instead of delicious flowers would it not be better to just pull it and dry it?

FourPlants

FourPlants

When you say it won't do much, you mean the damage is done? I kinda get that but if it's just going to produce more seeds the longer I leave it instead of delicious flowers would it not be better to just pull it and dry it?
That is a personal call I would imagine. I’m sure others with more experience will chime in.

if I hadn’t been seeing and pulling nanners and feel it was most likely just one or two pollen sacs I would probably choose to move forward. Dealing with some seeds here and there isn’t the end of the world to me. Smoke that isn’t strong enough is a bigger problem for me personally. Your mileage may vary

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

That is a personal call I would imagine. I’m sure others with more experience will chime in.

if I hadn’t been seeing and pulling nanners and feel it was most likely just one or two pollen sacs I would probably choose to move forward. Dealing with some seeds here and there isn’t the end of the world to me. Smoke that isn’t strong enough is a bigger problem for me personally. Your mileage may vary
They're actually not miles off. They're on 8 weeks, predicted 7-9 week flower. Lots of swollen trichomes, quite a lot milky, no amber really yet

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

This thread shows a plant that's popped a few male flowers. These ones have already opened. Note the "nanners" the ball contains.

This one shows a hermie when it first starts flowering. These pics may not be the best for your needs, but you can see what a ball looks like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom