Cant get my humidity down

• Thread starter Eclipted
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Eclipted

im doing a first time grow and so far everything is working super well for me. Im now switched into my flower stage, All great no signs of stress or disease. however, I can’t get my humidity below 60. Normally sitting around 65% . I have wall fans inside the tent circulating air, I tried using a vevor exhaust fan which was powerful enough to suck my tent walls in but it wouldn’t lower humidity. I have dehumidifier going inside the tent and it’s clearly pulling water because I have to dump it but it’s not really dropping humidity either. I’m on a low budget and kinda maxed out what I had already for this. I live in Texas it is swamp weather here humidity levels over 70% in the house and over 80% outside. Any advice? Please help me I have some huge plants I don’t want to lose them :/

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
What's your tent temperature? It's very hard to reduce humiditý in such a hot, humid environment. I'm from New York City so I hear you. You can try your best to seal things up, starting with the house, then the room......your dehumidifier is in your tent? How big is your tent? Most dehumidifiers have a hose attachment, but that might just save you from dumping the bucket all the time.

At least air conditioners don't cost as much as years ago. You can find one on sale, or even an "open box", refurbished.......some places will let you make monthly payments.....if you can get an a/c for the room your tent is in you can bring down the heat and humidity before the dehumidifier then does its thing....

E

Eclipted

What's your tent temperature? It's very hard to reduce humiditý in such a hot, humid environment. I'm from New York City so I hear you. You can try your best to seal things up, starting with the house, then the room......your dehumidifier is in your tent? How big is your tent? Most dehumidifiers have a hose attachment, but that might just save you from dumping the bucket all the time.

At least air conditioners don't cost as much as years ago. You can find one on sale, or even an "open box", refurbished.......some places will let you make monthly payments.....if you can get an a/c for the room your tent is in you can bring down the heat and humidity before the dehumidifier then does its thing....
Temp is sitting around 74 during the daytime and 70 at night. The tent is a 5 feet tall 2 feet wide 3 feet long I have 2 large plants in it and one tiny plant in it.

E

Eclipted

Temp is sitting around 74 during the daytime and 70 at night. The tent is a 5 feet tall 2 feet wide 3 feet long I have 2 large plants in it and one tiny plant in it, also the dehumidifier is a small pro breeze

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter

I had to do just this the other day, install a window unit in the room the tent is in. It will equalize in a day or so. Texas here too. I know what you’re dealing with, once again @Harpua88 is on point.

E

Eclipted

I had to do just this the other day, install a window unit in the room the tent is in. It will equalize in a day or so. Texas here too. I know what you’re dealing with, once again @Harpua88 is on point.
I’m not allowed to install a window unit due to apartment rules, do you think a portable ac would work the same?

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I can imagine how it is for you every day. Are you doing your 12 on at night?

Eclipted, if you're not allowed to have a window unit. Is there central air?

I don't know what a swamp cooler is....?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter

Swamp cooler is something you can put ice and water in, and it has a fan, it’s down and dirty, but introduces alot of water to the air. Bad for Texas summers in particular.

E

Eclipted

Not a swamp cooler tho, I must clarify, they don’t work here.
Them swamp coolers just make you wet I swear 😭🤣 okay sweet let me go look for some portable ac units around here. Thank you everyone for helping y’all don’t know how hard I’ve been trying to figure this out I’ve been googling for days!
Swamp cooler is something you can put ice and water in, and it has a fan, it’s down and dirty, but introduces alot of water to the air. Bad for Texas summers in particular.

unfortunately I have my 12 on hours from 2pm -2am should I flip those hours to night? Is it possible to flip the hours im 12 days into flower

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Them swamp coolers just make you wet I swear 😭🤣 okay sweet let me go look for some portable ac units around here. Thank you everyone for helping y’all don’t know how hard I’ve been trying to figure this out I’ve been googling for days!

unfortunately I have my 12 on hours from 2pm -2am should I flip those hours to night? Is it possible to flip the hours im 12 days into flower
NOOOOO don’t change it. that’s actually pretty ok.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter

Oh you mean one of those "mist coolers".....yes, let's do the reverse of what air conditiining is, and put MORE water into the air.... you'll drop the temp by 2 degrees and the humidity will go up to 90%.

Yes you can change your schedule. Do it by adding 1 lights on hour per day, keeping the 12 off. Plants measure the number of dark hours. So maintain that strict 12 off. So each day it'll be lights on at 3pm, then 4pm, 5pm.......until you have them go on around 8pm/off 8am. It will take you 6 days and done.

I understand this can be a little nerve-wracking but it will be fine. If you're a little worried about it, don't do the changing until you're 2 weeks in to flowering.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Not a bad little rig at all buddy. You have it well situated and most of all it’s clean. That ac infinity controller is cool. I have a few myself. Easy on the pruning there buddy. Might stess them. Looking good tho homie!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Oh you mean one of those "mist coolers".....yes, let's do the reverse of what air conditiining is, and put MORE water into the air.... you'll drop the temp by 2 degrees and the humidity will go up to 90%.

Yes you can change your schedule. Do it by adding 1 lights on hour per day, keeping the 12 off. Plants measure the number of dark hours. So maintain that strict 12 off. So each day it'll be lights on at 3pm, then 4pm, 5pm.......until you have them go on around 8pm/off 8am.
I stand corrected on the timing.

E

Eclipted

Not a bad little rig at all buddy. You have it well situated and most of all it’s clean. That ac infinity controller is cool. I have a few myself. Easy on the pruning there buddy. Might stess them. Looking good tho homie!
Both of y’all noticed the pruning im laughing cause I have been pruning the shit out of them 🤣😭 the controller came with the vevor fan I’m using I think it was only 70$ total

Top Bottom