Cant get my humidity down

• Thread starter Eclipted
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JuicyJCANT

58's not bad......50 is better. ;). Depending on the temperature though, both in the tent and right at the canopy, "leaf temp", 40% couod be finrle, and 65% could be fine. Look into "VPN number", something I never followed years ago......I wouldn't drive yourself crazy trying to constantly chase VPN numbers, but what it says is basically that a range of temps plus a range of humidity levels........together......tell you how they're handling transpiration.
I'll be looking into this, thank you 🙏🏻

E

Eclipted

I'll be looking into this, thank you 🙏🏻
Found a quick chart online to show you where you should be turns out my babies are sitting right in the magic numbers. Sometimes I stress about these plants too much. I was told once that it’s called weed for a reason, it’ll grow like one these puppies are resilient

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Found a quick chart online to show you where you should be turns out my babies are sitting right in the magic numbers. Sometimes I stress about these plants too much. I was told once that it’s called weed for a reason, it’ll grow like one these puppies are resilient
Absolutely. To a point, don’t be mean! 🤣😂🤣😂👊🏻

E

Eclipted

I have same issue. I'm in a 4x4 marshydro have a 6 inch exhaust fan, a double housed fan and a tower fan inside. Can't get my humidity below 75.. the exhaust will suck the walls in the tent to the point I think the poles will give, so I have it turned down and leave topmost part of zipper open at night. Also in bud cycle 9 am to 9 pm light and dark visa versa..
Make sure you have an oscillating fan running in your tent. What I do is have the extract fan at the top of my tent, (hot air rises) and I open a vent on the very bottom of my tent. That gets cool air from the ground and brings it into the tent. I live in a high humidity area in an apartment so I can’t alter my lung room much, but if you can make sure you got your home ac set to low 70s. The cooler you get your lung room the lower your humidity. I have a probreeze dehumidifier in my tent it’s just a small one but it sucks water. If you can add a large dehumidifier to your lung room. And try to duct your hot air from your tent outside somewhere. If you can buy a window unit for your lung room or even a portable ac anything to cool the air in there and your humidity will drop. If you get a real large dehumidifier you can even tape a duct to the exhaust to run the Dehumidified air directly into your grow tent, which may be the easiest route for you.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Mean to my babies? Never would I ever these things get nothing but love! However as a first time grower some mistakes did get made and they went through a few rough times😭🤣
It’s ok homie, they can’t all be zingers right? Just as long as you learned, and apply it next go around. I’m pulling for you, been tuned in.

M

mdterpz532

I have also read a bit about do it yourself dehumidifiers where you put some type of moisture absorbing material Infront of or behind a large fan.
But 4 dehumidifiers damn... but sadly I'm sure I'll be needing something much more than one plus another. I know it will pay off one day but damn lol. I can't stop spending and that's all I have been trying to do..
Make sure you have an oscillating fan running in your tent. What I do is have the extract fan at the top of my tent, (hot air rises) and I open a vent on the very bottom of my tent. That gets cool air from the ground and brings it into the tent. I live in a high humidity area in an apartment so I can’t alter my lung room much, but if you can make sure you got your home ac set to low 70s. The cooler you get your lung room the lower your humidity. I have a probreeze dehumidifier in my tent it’s just a small one but it sucks water. If you can add a large dehumidifier to your lung room. And try to duct your hot air from your tent outside somewhere. If you can buy a window unit for your lung room or even a portable ac anything to cool the air in there and your humidity will drop. If you get a real large dehumidifier you can even tape a duct to the exhaust to run the Dehumidified air directly into your grow tent, which may be the easiest route for you.
And that is actually how I have my set up. Although I have had my flaps closed due to having my tent in a basement in a lived in house. So if someone comes down to do Laundry and leaves the light on, I don't wanna chance light getting in. But what I did do, so I have the exhaust runing from the top. I'm going to try and vent in out the window, and I did open the flap in the very back of my tent, close to the wall, so if light does get turned on most my tent is blocking it and I don't think it would make a big deal. And I am debating putting a portable ac downstairs it's just not lived in so almost wasteful running ac just for my plants.. but all in all. I'll do what I have to do I'm sure we all will.. our babies are important.

A

A4audinut

Any recommendations on the dehumidifier? I tried to run the tent sealed with just the fans going no intake and the humidity rose from 57% to 62% in like 30 mins. Should I keep it closed let it run and see if it drops after the increase

Humidifier inside or vented to closed exhaust tent will solve your problems, but if inside the tent ( not best option) be sure to route the humidifier exhaust outside the tent and seal the tent and unit with duct tape. I say this is because the unit itself will generate heat and will also take up valuable tent space. A better option is to place the unit close to a tent vent and seal the intake of the humidifier unit while running the intake hose into the tent (tape seal) while choking intake vents. I think this MIGHT help reduce the humidity quicker and reduce tent temp. which always compounds the problem. It’s what I had to do for critical lush and for the drying tent anyway, hope it helps
nut

Top Bottom