Cant get my humidity down

• Thread starter Eclipted
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

imhigh

im doing a first time grow and so far everything is working super well for me. Im now switched into my flower stage, All great no signs of stress or disease. however, I can’t get my humidity below 60. Normally sitting around 65% . I have wall fans inside the tent circulating air, I tried using a vevor exhaust fan which was powerful enough to suck my tent walls in but it wouldn’t lower humidity. I have dehumidifier going inside the tent and it’s clearly pulling water because I have to dump it but it’s not really dropping humidity either. I’m on a low budget and kinda maxed out what I had already for this. I live in Texas it is swamp weather here humidity levels over 70% in the house and over 80% outside. Any advice? Please help me I have some huge plants I don’t want to lose them :/
Most have central air. If possible run that into tent. My humidity runs between 52 and 58. All I have is one fan on plants. However you are fine with low 60's.

E

Eclipted

Okay bet I’m going to seal the tent turn off exhaust and give it a few hours and see what happens.
Okay bet I’m going to seal the tent turn off exhaust and give it a few
give it time to work.
it won't drop humidity fast
Most have central air. If possible run that into tent. My humidity runs between 52 and 58. All I have is one fan on plants. However you are fine with low 60's.
I left my dehumidifier running all night last night and when I woke up my humidity was up at 70% in the tent while only 68% in the room itself. I kicked my exhaust back on and have it sitting at 64 % rn. Thinking about just running the full time exhaust keeping some negative pressure in the tent and adding an extra fan. Lots of people say enough moving air will combat bud rot in high humidity and that’s my main concern.

B

Bdubs

I lights out 4pm to 4am and that is about when the sun is working its way out of the sky. I notice that during this time, when lights go out, outside temps still high and the room starts to cool, humidity begins to fight the dehumidifier. What you need is a higher sq foot dehumidifier. You can get a 1500 square foot dehumidifier for about $2-250 maybe less and runs an easy 300watts, one with auto humidity setting.

I bet most of your humidity controlled all other times is fine to begin the decline but every day when lights go out, she loses all progress.

B

Bdubs

The big girl humidifiers exhaust a lot of hot air. So be ready to find a way to direct that air out of the tent.

StalkerAF

StalkerAF

Maybe better ventilation? I have a small 2x2 tent for veg and when I water the plants, it shoots the humidity over 75%. I added a more powerful ac infinity vent and more air flow with fans top and bottom. I also opened up the side tent vents and that seems to work effectively

B

BillyBanchan

What's your lung room like? How big? Do you exhaust into the room, outside?

I would work to bring the humidity down in the lung room and exhaust the tent to outside or attic/ basement. Bringing better air into the tent...

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
What's your lung room like? How big? Do you exhaust into the room, outside?

I would work to bring the humidity down in the lung room and exhaust the tent to outside or attic/ basement. Bringing better air into the tent...
I run mine into the attic. Works great. Dual 6 inch manifold to an 8in into the ceiling, always good to get a dual manifold in case you need uuuuummmph.

E

Eclipted

I run mine into the attic. Works great. Dual 6 inch manifold to an 8in into the ceiling, always good to get a dual manifold in case you need uuuuummmph.
Did what I could with my limited budget and my apt using your guys advice and I finally got my humidity down to 50% which I’m super super happy with its even reading 48% in the pot so thank everybody for helping me out my plants look really really happy

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Did what I could with my limited budget and my apt using your guys advice and I finally got my humidity down to 50% which I’m super super happy with its even reading 48% in the pot so thank everybody for helping me out my plants look really really happy
Yeah, right on. They're gonna perk up and perform much better now. Good job.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Okay bet I’m going to seal the tent turn off exhaust and give it a few hours and see what happens.
Yeah, patience......keep tightening things up, keep checking what works best, get it down the best you can.

M

mdterpz532

im doing a first time grow and so far everything is working super well for me. Im now switched into my flower stage, All great no signs of stress or disease. however, I can’t get my humidity below 60. Normally sitting around 65% . I have wall fans inside the tent circulating air, I tried using a vevor exhaust fan which was powerful enough to suck my tent walls in but it wouldn’t lower humidity. I have dehumidifier going inside the tent and it’s clearly pulling water because I have to dump it but it’s not really dropping humidity either. I’m on a low budget and kinda maxed out what I had already for this. I live in Texas it is swamp weather here humidity levels over 70% in the house and over 80% outside. Any advice? Please help me I have some huge plants I don’t want to lose them :/
I'm the same way here in maryland bro. All rain this past week and so e this week. 4th week of flower and my humidity levels are up to 80 even got to 84 once. Dame thing. Budget, have a basement dehumidifier that's running non stop with a hose directly to the sump pump so it drains itself. I've been checking marketplace for low priced big dehumidifier but I'm stuck and need to get it in check before it's too late.

M

mdterpz532

The easiest way to change your light schedule during flower is to turn your lights off and let the plants stay in the dark until you reach the time you wish your lights to come on again. So if you're at 2p-2a, when the lights shut off at 2a, just keep them off until the time you wish to change it to. You can even keep the lights off for 24-48 hours without any issues.

As far as humidity goes, it sounds like the dehumidifier you have works fine, but your tent is not sealed enough to make a difference if your house is at 70%.

If you're on a budget it may be more cost effective to buy a bigger dehumidifier that can handle your whole house or at least the room where your tent is located. Would be cheaper than using a portable a/c..

If you're on an extreme budget and neither of these options are available, you could try to better seal your tent. Maybe use some duct tape to cover any gaps or holes, over the stitches in the material, etc. Maybe get creative and use some large trash bags, cover the entire tent with trash bags and duct tape to try to seal it as much as possible. Just a few ideas. I'm a big fan of getting resourceful and saving money in any way possible!

Good luck to you!
🤠
I have same issue. I'm in a 4x4 marshydro have a 6 inch exhaust fan, a double housed fan and a tower fan inside. Can't get my humidity below 75.. the exhaust will suck the walls in the tent to the point I think the poles will give, so I have it turned down and leave topmost part of zipper open at night. Also in bud cycle 9 am to 9 pm light and dark visa versa..

J

JuicyJCANT

I just started using a large dehumidifier outside of my tent. We used to run it to keep the humidity down in the house during the summer. My tent humidity was creeping up to 58% but after running the dehumidifier outside, humidity was at 50% the next day.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I'm the same way here in maryland bro. All rain this past week and so e this week. 4th week of flower and my humidity levels are up to 80 even got to 84 once. Dame thing. Budget, have a basement dehumidifier that's running non stop with a hose directly to the sump pump so it drains itself. I've been checking marketplace for low priced big dehumidifier but I'm stuck and need to get it in check before it's too late.
I hear you. We have a very small leak coming in at our water intake line. It's groundwater, maybe even some small active underground streams that rise just enough in the spring......by now it's stopped, but soon we're getting the outside/well area excavated and redone.....probably with some diversion. We're lucky that our property is at the top of a hill, and 1500ft up in elevation. We don't need any sump pumps. Others below us do. We have a funished basement and in the boiler room half that's where my walk-in grow closet is. But I also have 4 dehumidifiers, 2 different brands but they're nearly identical.....2 are now in each side of the basement. I'm not there right now and I forget the names of 2 of them but I think it's called "perfect air". I'll check when I get there, as well as what I paid for them, either at Lowes or Runnings, or Walmart, probably a combination.

They've come down in price, you can find sales in the fall but you need one now......check everywhere you can for sales, open box sales......layaway, store credit that you can pay off ($20 a month for 12 mos?). But there's also refurbished ones that you can buy from the companies. Quite often there was some insignificant factory issue that was corrected and they're pretty much the same as new ones.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I just started using a large dehumidifier outside of my tent. We used to run it to keep the humidity down in the house during the summer. My tent humidity was creeping up to 58% but after running the dehumidifier outside, humidity was at 50% the next day.
58's not bad......50 is better. ;). Depending on the temperature though, both in the tent and right at the canopy, "leaf temp", 40% couod be finrle, and 65% could be fine. Look into "VPN number", something I never followed years ago......I wouldn't drive yourself crazy trying to constantly chase VPN numbers, but what it says is basically that a range of temps plus a range of humidity levels........together......tell you how they're handling transpiration.

Top Bottom