Cant get ridbofbroot rot

• Thread starter hydro8139
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hydro8139

hydro8139

I have tried everything im only a cpl weeks fron harvest and have yanked 2 plans already because of root rot. I've tried to use h202 (%29 peroxide), bleach water temps are staying betwee. 70-72 I have a batch of clones and it almost looked like one was getting it so I yanked it out (I may have just been over worried on that one) either way what exactly should I do to fix this?
Cant get ridbofbroot rot
Cant get ridbofbroot rot 2

Cant get ridbofbroot rot 3
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I have tried everything im only a cpl weeks fron harvest and have yanked 2 plans already because of root rot. I've tried to use h202 (%29 peroxide), bleach water temps are staying betwee. 70-72 I have a batch of clones and it almost looked like one was getting it so I yanked it out (I may have just been over worried on that one) either way what exactly should I do to fix this?View attachment 925237View attachment 925238

I have had EXCELLENT results with +Life found here --> https://hydroponic-research.com/product/life/
and Hydroguard which can be found on Amazon.

Good Luck & Happy Growing 🍻

20190927 1615501
Skeptik

Skeptik

Pour 1 liter of 3% H2O2 into a 20 liter bucket + 8 liter H2O. Put your netpot in the bucket and add water until the bucket is full and the root zone is completely submersed. Leave the roots submersed for 30 minutes and agitate occasionally by lifting the netpot a few inches and setting it back down. Put them back in a clean system and you should be good. Works for me every time.

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

yuck those roots look disgusting. Follow Skeptiks and AnselAdams advice, I had similar problem and hydroguard cured it. But another thing I want to ad is to clean your buckets, inside and outside and maybe get some plastic to cover the floor etc becuase everything looks filthy and will spread again easily if you dont disenfect everything

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Also, Is it just me or does it look like those blue buckets are letting threw alot of light?

Edit: Yeah they are, need to do somethiong about it, thats why you have green algea on your roots, your buckets are see threw

B

Burned Haze

8 weeks -12weeks of protection( reapply, quicker you can apply it the best, prevention is the key )
+ intake helpers
Great deal per plant ratio if you do the math per 8-12 weeks, shoot when I buy my boxes I can do so many plants and it last me w rounds, key is to have the fungi it in the freezer ASAP

ROOTSHIELD® PLUS+ WP

Active Ingredients: Trichoderma harzianum strain T-22, Trichoderma virensstrain G-41

An organic biological fungicide with dual active ingredients to prevent a broad spectrum of root diseases and promote healthy root systems.

Registered for use in: USA except AK
Available Sizes: 1 lb, 3 lb and 30 lb

REI: 0-hour
PHI: 0-day

• Grows in soil and on roots, shields roots from pathogens
  • Seeks out, attacks and eats fungal pathogens
  • Induces host resistance
  • Active over wide temperature range (48-97 °F/9-36 °C)
  • Grows in wide pH range (pH 4-8)
  • Compatible with many chemical and biological inputs
  • Well suited to a wide range of soil types
  • Enhances nutrient uptake
  • Helps plants resist/overcome abiotic stresses and transplant shock
  • Does not interfere with beneficial insects
  • Exempt from residue
  • Excellent tool for fungicide resistance management
  • Prevents root diseases (damping-off, root rot, crown rot, wilt) caused by species of Fusarium, Phytophthora, Pythium, Rhizoctonia and other soilborne pathogen

hydro8139

hydro8139

Also, Is it just me or does it look like those blue buckets are letting threw alot of light?

Edit: Yeah they are, need to do somethiong about it, thats why you have green algea on your roots, your buckets are see threw

Yes I made the mistake of using blue lowes buckets. I ordered all new black one today... I had insulation on the ground and recently removed it to try and help water temps.. One reason why it looks so dirty. All of these things will he fixed in a cpl weeks along with a water chiller installed. I'm just hoping to save these in the mean time

hydro8139

hydro8139

Pour 1 liter of 3% H2O2 into a 20 liter bucket + 8 liter H2O. Put your netpot in the bucket and add water until the bucket is full and the root zone is completely submersed. Leave the roots submersed for 30 minutes and agitate occasionally by lifting the netpot a few inches and setting it back down. Put them back in a clean system and you should be good. Works for me every time.

Okay thank you. I should never use hydroguard and h202 together should i? The h202 eats all thw bacteria? So Only use h202 when I need if they are infected?

hydro8139

hydro8139

Sorry for all the dumb questions guys I'm fresh and learning ive got alot invested in this set up so far.

hydro8139

hydro8139

Correct. H2O2 treatment followed by hydroguard 2 hrs later would be perfect. Just don't apply together!

Okay guys I done the h202 treatment over night and this morning changed and cleaned all buckets out. I only used about 1/4 strength Nutes. Ppms are setting at 500 right now water temps are 68 and room temp 72.. Leaves look very very droopy is this just because of the shock from h202?

Skeptik

Skeptik

Okay guys I done the h202 treatment over night and this morning changed and cleaned all buckets out. I only used about 1/4 strength Nutes. Ppms are setting at 500 right now water temps are 68 and room temp 72.. Leaves look very very droopy is this just because of the shock from h202?

A quick reality check: The instructions specified 3% H2O2; you didn't use your 29% without diluting, right? Instructions also specified 30 minutes, not overnight. Either misapplication can harm the plant. If that's the case, I can't predict whether your girls will recover. Keep doing what you're doing and hope for the best.

hydro8139

hydro8139

A quick reality check: The instructions specified 3% H2O2; you didn't use your 29% without diluting, right? Instructions also specified 30 minutes, not overnight. Either misapplication can harm the plant. If that's the case, I can't predict whether your girls will recover. Keep doing what you're doing and hope for the best.

Well I apologize I guess i was confused by your instructions. It said pour 1 liter on 3% h202 then 8 liters of h20 in a 20 liter bucken then fill with water. H2O is water isnt it? I guess that confused me so am I basically just pouring 1 liter of 3% and the rest all water? The bottle of 30% I have says h202 on it so that through me off also

Top Bottom