Can't grow from seed anymore

• Thread starter zebracake
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SSgrower

SSgrower

Brother, I just had the seedlings "Don't want to come up, but my problem was humidity. I bagged the seedlings still in the paper towel and moved them to a warmer room and they took off. Pro-mix is my favorite seedling mix 80% peat with coco and perlite. You must feed those seedlings after the come up, the roots are showing, not good, more media. All these guys are correct. Think about your surroundings, only use H2O2 or hydro-perixide in the 1 day in water in a small glass, then to paper towel to "root" then as they come up I "Micro-dose them with a grow salt until I transplant to 3 gal bags. These guys don't play around, you shouldn't either, relax and continue to try till you get it right. I bought a Morse-Ferry 12" seedling starter light, 4000K or Kelvin T5,Cheers SS

B

BadFish_Genetics

Been growing for 2 years used to be able to start seeds without thinking twice about it. Now all of a sudden they don’t grow any set of true leaves and just stagnate until they die of damp off no matter what the conditions are. humidity can be 30% with a medium that’s dry on top but wet on the bottom. Humidity can be 60-70% with a wet medium or dry medium. I’ve put them outside where the humidity ranges from 60-90% and get the same result every time.

I had some 4-5 week old seedlings outdoors that were still alive because of the rain but they’re still fuckin seedlings with one set of true leaves at most I don’t understand this it’s like the rules for growing a seedling have completely changed for me this shit is so bizarre. I had to buy clones for my current grow that’s flowering right now and the plants I have vegging had to be started by a buddy of mine who started them in soil. Now I'm trying to get the next batch going and it looks like I'm gonna have to buy clones again.

I’ve rinsed my coco until the ppms are 0, I put the coco in the oven until it’s scorching hot, humidity is 65%, temp is 80f, light is hlg 300 b spec, light distance is 36 inches not directly under the light which is about 200 ppfd. I also water with 2ml of 35% peroxide per gallon to combat damp off which doesn’t work at all. Then once the leaves are showing I’ll feed 100ppm. I have no idea what to do anymore this shit is blowing my mind I literally cannot grow anymore I have to rely on other people to start seeds for me or buy clones. Fuck this shit is bullshit man. I literally don’t do anything different than I was doing the previous 2 years this shit is some sort of curse I've burned thru almost 100 seeds trying to figure out what the fuck is going on here if anyone has had a similar experience please fucking help me lol my only option at this point is to quit growing from seed altogether and just buy rooted clones which I don't want to do. Holy fuck this shit should not be this complicated.

This seedling is 1 week old and you can already tell it's going to damp off. The grow medium was just watered which is why it looks damp but it was mostly dry before that and still somehow showing signs of damp off. Shit makes no sense. I'm dripping small drops of water with a 3ml pipette to make 100% sure the water isn't touching the base of the stem and the top of the grow medium drys out within a day or 2 anyways.
As soon as your seed sprouts you should after 3 days transplant into a bigger pot size, usually 1gallon ton3 gallon so the plants can build a healthy root structure. Also what seems to help my germination rates increase when growing from seed is a 4 hour soak in epsolm salt and Luke warm water ratio 40% milk/ 60% water. Then plant into a solo cup that's been washed out with soap and water if used before just to kill any pathogens or disease. Water the medium with this 40/60 Epsolm salt mix until the seeds sprouts. Make sure the solo cups are in a environment that is at least warm enough to promote seed germination which is usually between 80 to 85°. Once they sprout in a solo cup I leave them in there for a week just to build roots, after that week I transplant t to a 3 gallon grow bag full of Fox Farm Oceans Forrest. Hope this can help ya out Growmie!.

Neueregel

Neueregel

As soon as your seed sprouts you should after 3 days transplant into a bigger pot size, usually 1gallon ton3 gallon so the plants can build a healthy root structure. Also what seems to help my germination rates increase when growing from seed is a 4 hour soak in epsolm salt and Luke warm water ratio 40% milk/ 60% water. Then plant into a solo cup that's been washed out with soap and water if used before just to kill any pathogens or disease. Water the medium with this 40/60 Epsolm salt mix until the seeds sprouts. Make sure the solo cups are in a environment that is at least warm enough to promote seed germination which is usually between 80 to 85°. Once they sprout in a solo cup I leave them in there for a week just to build roots, after that week I transplant t to a 3 gallon grow bag full of Fox Farm Oceans Forrest. Hope this can help ya out Growmie!.
good post. i actually let them grow in the solo cup until leaf's are wider then the cup. i now use a clear solo cup so i can see roots and i can then transplant. i also use some mycorrihizal and dust the roots and put some in the hole when you transplant to bigger pot. i used FFOF on my last run and it worked well. i am trying promix HP this time around but i used FFOF for my seedlings as i had some left over.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hi @Aqua Man . i was just searching the site wondering when i should start to feed the plants nutrients . i planted 20 seedlings 2 weeks ago . i am growing in coco . i will be using mega crop . i have not fed the plants anything yet . should i start to feed them some nutrients from the next feed ?
my tap water is 400 EC
In coco always feed. Right from the start

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank you mate @Aqua Man
Would you kindly be able to give me a recommendation as to how much to feed . I’m using mega crop part 1 and 2 .
About 300-400ppm to start. Eventually up to about 700-800ppm once the plants are late veg

B

benjones

Thank you @Aqua Man and @Madmax . How should I adjust the ppm please guys . Straight out of the tap it is 400 EC

B

benjones

I will try and find one @Aquaman . I’m a uk guy in Thailand , I’m sure I saw something about water reports recently. Please give me 5 minutes and I’ll try and find it 🙏

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I will try and find one @Aquaman . I’m a uk guy in Thailand , I’m sure I saw something about water reports recently. Please give me 5 minutes and I’ll try and find it 🙏
No rush

B

benjones

DE94DE53 D328 4C1D A397 588D3B442E10

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Holy shit! Nitrate at 50 mg/l!!

If you have a baby or pregnant mother in the house, no tap water for drinking or cooking.

I don't know what those organic compounds are, but something is whispering not good to me.

B

benjones

Thanks @Aqua Man
They do sell some 3/4/5 part filters over here that they sell in the supermarkets ( Costco or similar in Canada ) that you connect to the tap which I will give a try . Just not sure if I can get the right connection. There is no ABC in Thailand 😂. It’s make do or nothing else

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks @Aqua Man
They do sell some 3/4/5 part filters over here that they sell in the supermarkets ( Costco or similar in Canada ) that you connect to the tap which I will give a try . Just not sure if I can get the right connection. There is no ABC in Thailand 😂. It’s make do or nothing else
Yeah i know amazon sells some and aquatic life may deliver there

B

benjones

Thanks very much @Aqua Man for all your advice. I think I will have to install some kind of filter judging by @mysticepipedon reaction to my non pregnant girlfriend , and obviously to your recommendation. Guys doing things over here is not so easy . In the uk if we needed x or y or z , I could get it no problem. Over here they want to know what x is , what’s it for , why do you want it , after all that talk they don’t have it any way lol 😂. Thanks for helping me out . Much appreciated ❤️

Top Bottom