• Thread starter Milson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I got a little hung up on this.
While I'm sure most of the shit "breeders" are bringing out are probably heirloom or by-definiton landrace (or total bullshit), I'm also sure that there's nothing stopping people from going out into the wilds and plucking a vibrant feather... so to speak. (I took a lot of mushrooms last night, so I might be flowery today.)

Now... what I do wonder about is the impact of human on nature here. I can't see it terribly possible that plants untouched by intentional human cultivation or selection have managed to eke out unaltered. I can only assume some of that selected and manipulated pollen has made its way to most corners of nature and inadvertently shaped it.

Hooowwever... I also would think nature would do what nature do and give preferential treatment to certain traits based on their environment, etc.
In essence, creating a yet uniquely nature-crafted variety. But possibly somewhat boosted by that human selection intervention or not - but nature would select those 'or nots' out.

I mean. It's not common to breed wolves into modern dogs. But that doesn't stop people from doing it and doing it successfully. And also very unsuccessfully.

We need an AKC for cannabis varieties...
Y'all we need to be rhizomatic about it. Think crypto.

What people seem to not understand is the big hierarchical mega corps are in fact losing.

Question is if humanity will lose with them or not.

My guess is yes, sadly, but it still might be no.

This is no bullshit life-changing. Potentially. It was to me.

There is no truth. There is only coherence.

The rest of the world realized this. We are so ruled as a culture because reasons (that I have theories on and are beyond the scope of a pot forum). All this centralization? An imbalance.

Any mistake reality is crumbling? The earth, etc?

That ain't how the world is yall. We ain't 1s and 0s. Quantum theory shows there is an in between.

Between existing. And not. In this universe.

"Oh no Milson that doesn't matter to me. Like even technically if a piece of a proton can blink into and out of existence, that doesn't matter to my life. "

Yeah, exactly. 🙃

Last edited:
beluga

beluga

Right and therein lies the quicksand bud. Who determines what ordinary, good practices, and legitimized means? That person has the power. And those who dont fit their criteria are out in the cold.

How about this instead. Blind seed samples are handed out. They are grown by the collective, sampled, and voted on. X % of votes determines whether it's in the line up or not. The end.

If it's in, then a packaging order and consignment contract goes out.
Yeah, this is just where we might not see eye to eye.
I'm okay with standardizing organizations and the hierarchy of capitalization they create. I think that capital is going to end up somewhere or another and better to have it in something that maintains tradition and structure rather than shit like the pharmaceutical industry and Martin Shkreli...

My whole thing is to keep the standardization and the breeding/selling separate. Individuals can then modify the market based upon their own stock, demand, etc.

Last edited:
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I'm okay with standardizing organizations and the hierarchy of capitalization they create. I think that capital is going to end up somewhere or another and better to have it in something that maintains tradition and structure rather than shit like the pharmaceutical industry and Martin Shkreli...

My whole thing is to keep the standardization and the breeding/selling separate. Individuals can then modify the market based upon their own stock, demand, etc.

God bless competing models. :) We've already created dispensary focused delivery and order management apps with inventory control that are being beta'd by 2 delivery focused dispensaries in the Bay area. And we are in the process of launching an accessories line through those 2 beta testers and Amazon. Seeds infrastructure is next. With SD and Jersey going recreational and MS going medical, the industry is truly about to explode. Our goal is not to dominate anything or grow the first bud for sale. It's all about supplying the things that the industry needs to operate. Seeds, grinders, cones, mesh bags, software, etc.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter

There are non-hierarchical traditions and structures. Rhizomes man! Networks! Why do things need names?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
God bless competing models. :) We've already created dispensary focused delivery and order management apps with inventory control that are being beta'd by 2 delivery focused dispensaries in the Bay area. And we are in the process of launching an accessories line through those 2 beta testers and Amazon. Seeds infrastructure is next. With SD and Jersey going recreational and MS going medical, the industry is truly about to explode. Our goal is not to dominate anything or grow the first bud for sale. It's all about supplying the things that the industry needs to operate. Seeds, grinders, cones, mesh bags, software, etc.
Out of college I made some nice money with a buddy doing something like this in Michigan, but he just found an investor, went over to China and secured a contract (he spoke Mandarin), got lights delivered here, cleared out a few shipments hustling. It was a side hustle for me but I had some contacts through my day job in sales and cleared a little payout on it. Ultimately the investor found other ways to get returns on his money but it was a cool experience and it did not fail, at least.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
There are non-hierarchical traditions and structures. Rhizomes man! Networks! Why do things need names?
Just to pay taxes lol! We (3 partners) are all equal, have an operating agreement we live by and no one has a title other than "shareholder". It works. I have always hated titles. My last set of business cards I had printed someone insisted on titles. Mine officially was EVP - Ops. My business cards however read Executive Vice President - Sanitation Closet Operations. They locked me out of VistaPrint shortly after I started handing them out... We did successfully market and sell that company in 2017 though. Just couldn't get into that pretentious groove again. Kind of tired of it. I'm really digging the flip flops/levis/pickup truck/woods thing. A lot.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Why do we need to communicate about good pot? Pretty sure you ingest it to get high.

🙃

I mean we already can't, right? Nobody knows what anyone has. It's all very rough.

Hahahah! Way to make your AKC point. I just choked on a bowl reading that :))))

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Just to pay taxes lol! We (3 partners) are all equal, have an operating agreement we live by and no one has a title other than "shareholder". It works. I have always hated titles. My last set of business cards I had printed someone insisted on titles. Mine officially was EVP - Ops. My business cards however read Executive Vice President - Sanitation Closet Operations. They locked me out of VistaPrint shortly after I started handing them out... We did successfully market and sell that company in 2017 though. Just couldn't get into that pretentious groove again. Kind of tired of it. I'm really digging the flip flops/levis/pickup truck/woods thing. A lot.
My wife has a fancy title at a huge entity that has its own building on the Chicago River.

I have never had a full time job where I did not make up my title.

I have an art school masters.

All I've ever wanted is the real thing. Turns out that's because I was _________.

All I'm saying.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Sorry I took it in the general sense of why do we need names/words? I just shouldn't interact pre caffeine.
Oh hell yeah dude I can talk about that all day.

IMG 20201115 102818521

beluga

beluga

I guess to keep them from getting out of hand like the totally illegitimate market that's already thriving that's based on haphazardly slapping names on things with no integrity.

It's, without a doubt, going to get into someone at the top of tiered system. We don't live in such a utopia as to have products that aren't bound by the greed and self-interest of people who only value the capital they generate.
So, why not beat them to the chase?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Does anyone have any female breeders they like? My wife asked me if we could introduce some genetics selected by women to round out the stable a bit. Incidentally, The North F3 seeds i just got were selected by Mel of Melvanetics, so i already have these available....but i thought it was an interesting question.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Does anyone have any female breeders they like? My wife asked me if we could introduce some genetics selected by women to round out the stable a bit. Incidentally, The North F3 seeds i just got were selected by Mel of Melvanetics, so i already have these available....but i thought it was an interesting question.

Mz Jill

Top Bottom