Captain's Log: Dispatches from Planet Milson

• Thread starter Milson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

With all respect, that sounds like my flood and drain set up from 1997. Lights and all. Dual type lights (HPS/MH combos) were all the rage back then at 1200.00+. Damned things were so expensive and hot that we used to send them down the line with these light movers that conked out every now and then and burned holes in the canopy from staying in one position too long. Appreciate your input though. I'm sticking with dirt and LEDs.

I was thinking about Gavitas or believe it or not ViparSpectra XS series with Meanwell drivers and 301B LEDs.

A programmable auto watering sys would be nice. I think Burnzy runs one of those. I like Milsons fan/filter brand. Beyond that I dont think there is much to do besides some clip on fans. Never been into the C02 thing.

Hell yeah, I feel that. I am a soil guys myself, I just like drip for convenience. I would also lean towards the leds, just wanted mention that bulb that caught my eye incase you were a hps guy.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
IMG 20201215 075709566

Make ya a good deal.😁

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Oooh, we daydreaming?!
drm.jpg

5' x 14' framed and insulated "room" in my basement.
(3) 3' x 5' rooms
- Vegetative​
- (1) 240W 5000K strip LED, dialed back as necessary​
- 2' x 4' no-till beds on casters (one on standby, being inoculated.. might require a fourth 3' x 5' room...)​
- Mother/Clone​
- (1) 240W 5000K strip LED, dialed back as necessary​
- 5 gallon mother pots​
- aerocloner​
- Drying​
(1) 5' x 5' room
- Flower​
- (1) 240W 4000K strip LED with IR supplementation​
- (1) 240W 4000K strip LED with IR/UV supplementation​
- (1) 2' x 4' no-till bed for early flower​
- (1) 2' x 4' no-till bed for late flower​
Components TBD... still testing. IR chips on the way and new gen LED strips about to be tested 😏
No-till organic/natural/whole ferts and IPM is where it's at. I don't foresee the rush of hydro in my future... but, to me, it's way simpler and more foolproof than soil.
Maybe some automated light hangers that I can just have an up/down switch for.
All the x-stats and x-meters on a newfangled controller system.
Maybe have the inoculating soil room supplement CO2 to the others down the line...
Hm.

I like daydreaming early.

My notill dreams are in the sun and the ground.

3ft wide beds, 30+ ft long. 5 lines of drip down each. Fed by deep mulch chicken run next to garden. Lots of intercropping, basic florida weave for support.

beluga

beluga

I would do two 4x4 setups next to each other in a 4x8.
Yeah, I'd think you could either back them off a bit or dim.
I still haven't figured out my sweet spot for the strip fixture.. seems anywhere between 4 and 20 inches... 🤔

Maybe I can get Apogee to lend me one of their $600 meters...

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Yeah, I'd think you could either back them off a bit or dim.
I still haven't figured out my sweet spot for the strip fixture.. seems anywhere between 4 and 20 inches... 🤔

Maybe I can get Apogee to lend me one of their $600 meters...
if you are just trying to figure out how to spread then can't you use a lux meter?

and yeah if you are running them at 90% or whatever then it will save life on your diodes too, right?

beluga

beluga

if you are just trying to figure out how to spread then can't you use a lux meter?

and yeah if you are running them at 90% or whatever then it will save life on your diodes too, right?
Well, I don't think my concern is lumen intensity so much as which lights are getting where at what distance.
At least... as far as I understand it...

But yeah, dimming will definitely extend your diodes.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Well, I don't think my concern is lumen intensity so much as which lights are getting where at what distance.
At least... as far as I understand it...

But yeah, dimming will definitely extend your diodes.
ah okay so spectrum matters in that case. i misunderstood.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
ah okay so spectrum matters in that case. i misunderstood.
Btw, i know you can rent those meters for aquariums at least for like twenty or thirty bucks....might be worth looking into seeing if you can find a place to rent from if you really, really want to get it right.

beluga

beluga

Btw, i know you can rent those meters for aquariums at least for like twenty or thirty bucks....might be worth looking into seeing if you can find a place to rent from if you really, really want to get it right.
Intriguing, for sure. Never thought about that... good looks!
I guess it's not of too much concern to get it right right... maybe once I have four of these fixtures it'll be nice to have a real gauge... but, in the meantime, I'll just listen to the plants.
I think they're telling me they like it, but they don't want to share as much as I'm having them.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter

Cool little clip on choosing dads. Bout to throw my hazes into flower to sex them...took tops on three hazes that i really like the structure of. Widows are slower to veg but look fine. Everyone is giving me a headache for what to do about transplanting...turns out these cheap fabric pots didn't do much air pruning because they were so close together lmao these roots look dwc-esque. Thinking to just cut up the pot and put it in a larger pot for flower. They are only like a buck twenty each.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
These grad students are working on microbe populations in bedrock fractures and it's cool! They produce CO2!

Screenshot 20201216 144722

Top Bottom