Captain's Log: Dispatches from Planet Milson

• Thread starter Milson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Killer A5 Haze is finally showing some signs of life. At least she looks like she will get flower-able.

IMG 20210315 163937636
IMG 20210315 163942263

Tall one in the background is golden tiger. She got planted like three days before killer A5 Haze and has been topped once already. In a one gallon. Waiting until space clears up in the flower tent....i may top her again.
IMG 20210315 163950185

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Just a quick report: widow went into paper bag last night. Think it will just be a day or two in there before going to jar.

Happy with the smoke. Bit of a creeper high but it is so much more clear-headed than the afghani-containing smoke I have had the last few months. Definitely feel it settle into the body.

Going to see if I can try TLC testing tonight on a small branch(!).

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Don't forget to decarb first or all your cannabinoids will show up in the big splotch of acids at the bottom and you won't know what you really have.
I am planning to decarb in my Levo 2. I can dial in temps and everything easily. It is designed for the process and I know it works well for edibles-making.

In fact, I plan to go rewatch your video series before doing the tests this evening.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I'll be around tonight, it's only my 26th anniversary with the wife, no big deal. If you get into trouble, hit me up and I'll help. She probably would appreciate getting a break from me. 26 years is a long time to stare at the same face across the dinner table.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Going to see if I can try TLC testing tonight on a small branch(!).
Well, I'm going to try another test to see precision. Idk what to think of these results tbh. Much as I'd love to be like "cool, my stuff is incredible," my guess is i overmeasured in my eagerness.

IMG 20210319 005459155

Screenshot 20210319 010222
Screenshot 20210319 010554
IMG 20210319 005610455

IMG 20210319 005245653

What i will say is it looks like I have more than just thc in there, regardless of levels.....

Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Looking good. Sample size a bit too large (size of initial dot) and not fully decarbed. You are showing zero cbd but I’ll bet you have cbda in that long dot of acids. CBD takes longer than thc during decarb.

I find that the smaller the sample you put on the plate the easier it is to read results. But you have nice amounts of both thcv and Cbg

Also fast blue bb salt is a better dye but requires refrigerated shipment and storage. It will show a wider color gamut on the dots making them easier to differentiate. I can send you some I have a lifetime supply.

So smaller sample (2 uL) longer decarb and Bob’s your uncle. Nice work.

Fwiw, that is the best thcv blip I have ever seen in all my testing. Very nice. You are a master at the plant side.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Looking good. Sample size a bit too large (size of initial dot) and not fully decarbed. You are showing zero cbd but I’ll bet you have cbda in that long dot of acids. CBD takes longer than thc during decarb.

I find that the smaller the sample you put on the plate the easier it is to read results. But you have nice amounts of both thcv and Cbg

Also fast blue bb salt is a better dye but requires refrigerated shipment and storage. It will show a wider color gamut on the dots making them easier to differentiate. I can send you some I have a lifetime supply.

So smaller sample (2 uL) longer decarb and Bob’s your uncle. Nice work.

Fwiw, that is the best thcv blip I have ever seen in all my testing. Very nice. You are a master at the plant side.
Thank you! I have to say.....it took me another two hours to fall asleep last night....excitement or V?

On the excitement front, I'm on the road this weekend visiting my dear mother for her birthday, but man am i already thinking about ordering more plates etc.

On the V front, I'm pretty sure this is my first exposure....the front end of this high (right after exhale) felt different. I have been calling it a bit of a creeper high because at first it's so clear.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I have been calling it a bit of a creeper high because at first it's so clear.
That's my jam.

What I have read is that you want some CBD in there too to get the full THCV entourage. If your plant ends up having none, you might consider putting in a different strain that is CBD rich alongside your Widow in the bowl. Or dust some CBD isolate on this bud.

I'm crossing my fingers that this works for you and you fall in love like I did. Maybe your dad too?

It figures that you are the first to find the elusive V with all that stanky funk you grow lol. I'll bet Kanzeon has it too and might not even know.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Either I'm being affected by THCV or my appetite has just dropped for other reasons in the past few days, but good lord i have been having a hard time eating as much as normal.

hazey phenos can feel a bit speedy. They keep me up and not eating.

I still feel it is a “recipe” in the sativa leaners. Not much THCv is detected though

Chasing single cannabinoids even with a known terpene or two seems the wrong direction.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

That's my jam.

What I have read is that you want some CBD in there too to get the full THCV entourage. If your plant ends up having none, you might consider putting in a different strain that is CBD rich alongside your Widow in the bowl. Or dust some CBD isolate on this bud.

I'm crossing my fingers that this works for you and you fall in love like I did. Maybe your dad too?

It figures that you are the first to find the elusive V with all that stanky funk you grow lol. I'll bet Kanzeon has it too and might not even know.

I'm not a scientologist, but if I had to guess I'd say that Col'Jam had some significant THCV.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
hazey phenos can feel a bit speedy. They keep me up and not eating.

I still feel it is a “recipe” in the sativa leaners. Not much THCv is detected though

Chasing single cannabinoids even with a known terpene or two seems the wrong direction.
This is the widow actually. And i feel relaxed, not speedy. But i hear you. I'm thinking about these thing s as coefficients in a multivariate regressionary model. The chemical signature above, as a whole, feels a certain. Way to me kind of thing.

I am deeply fascinated by the chemo type finger print idea actually.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
The initial results of my shortbread cookies with my dad are very encouraging. He even experienced a bit of the same dyskinesia sensation he gets with sinamet and his dbs.

The difference vs other strains is amazing.

I am trying like hell to be cautious but......i mean certainly I need to push much harder on this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom