Captain's Log: Dispatches from Planet Milson

• Thread starter Milson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Terpz719

Terpz719

Yeah i want this to play with for crosses myself. I have had NL in college, but I mean it had to be watered down and i don't remember a ton about it. But i know afghanis can be extraordinary and this just seems like a great version of it to have to play with. If I find a mom I really like, crossing it with either a widow or haze dad (if I can find one in my current run) sounds like some old school good good.
Good luck with the crosses! The only NL5 anything I recall having was Thai Lights (Thai x NL5), which I enjoyed.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Good luck with the crosses! The only NL5 anything I recall having was Thai Lights (Thai x NL5), which I enjoyed.
Thanks!

I forget where I read this, but it stuck with me: every generation around their late teens to early 20s briefly thinks they invented sex and that generations and generations before them have not themselves delved into these pleasures.

Talk to most old timers and there are either fond memories of NL or of a cross. Either they were all just naive and getting jazzed about some basic ass, decent weed like most of what people get called Northern Lights......or there was a watering down of the genetics of one of the most popular strains on earth and the original selection is just better.

I'll get closer to finding out which way it leans some time next year with these, i hope. My guess is the old timers know a thing or two.

Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Screenshot 20201106 133116

How good are these vibes, man? Skunk #1 (reproduced from 1984 stock) will also get grown at some point next year and I am stoked about it. It was open pollinated for vigor and so I am hopeful I will find a good pheno in there when I grow it.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
View attachment 1052815
How good are these vibes, man? Skunk #1 (reproduced from 1984 stock) will also get grown at some point next year and I am stoked about it. It was open pollinated for vigor and so I am hopeful I will find a good pheno in there when I grow it.

Super cool!
I believe my Skunk #1's are waiting for me at the P.O.
Won't be planting them anytime soon though... Maybe spring.
What's your plan?

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Summer. Plan to drop 10. Hope to get a good pheno and maybe cross it with something 🙂...but more than anything I just hope it's rounded and not flat like so much stuff that has been worked heavily.

Flat?... As in the high?
I'm just hoping for some real skunk.
Used to get some stuff we called "the lime green"... Ounces were often one main cola cut in half to fit in the baggie... 99.9% sure that it was a Skunk #1 pheno... That's what I'm after.
I'm on the fence about the NL he's selling pre-orders of now... Probably order some, because I'm sentimental, but have always preferred stuff with more nose to it.👃
Used to be a lot of it here... First indoor I ever smoked and saw growing was NL#5.

Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Flat?... As in the high?
I'm just hoping for some real skunk.
Used to get some stuff we called "the lime green"... Onces were often one main cola cut in half to fit in the baggie... 99.9% sure that it was a Skunk #1 pheno... That's what I'm after.
I'm on the fence about the NL he's selling pre-orders of now... Probably order some, because I'm sentimental, but have always preferred stuff with more nose to it.👃
Used to be a lot of it here... First indoor I ever smoked and saw growing was NL#5.
Yes, as in the high. Most of the dispensary weed i have had is like that. Product of breeding for thc above all else....like trying to take a dragster to a rally race imo.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I also love seedlings.
You can really sense the power in those cotyledons.

Wonder how cannabis microgreens are..?
Would be a $500 plate with these crazy seed prices though...
I had the same bright idea a few years ago when micro greens started to be all the rage. I bought a jug of hemp seeds from the health food store thinking I could sprout them until I got them home and realized that they're "cooked" and wouldn't sprout!..oh well 😆

Terpz719

Terpz719

Yes, as in the high. Most of the dispensary weed i have had is like that. Product of breeding for thc above all else....like trying to take a dragster to a rally race imo.
Yep, yield, thc, and finishing time. Where I used to work, a lot of the grower's compensation was based on yield bonuses. If it didn't yield it didn't get grown, now matter how good it was otherwise.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter

Yeah... I get that.
One of the last ounces I bought from the store was Gelato. Nice light green with purple hues and tons of white trichs... I think it was 28% (lol, sure) thc. Anyhow, very little taste and I was rolling one up every half hour.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Yep, yield, thc, and finishing time. Where I used to work, a lot of the grower's compensation was based on yield bonuses. If it didn't yield it didn't get grown, now matter how good it was otherwise.
Which totally makes sense for them because that is what they are trying to do!

It is not what I am trying to do! So.....I don't want to have seeds that bare the.....genetic karma of that selection process. If I can help it. Not for like, ethical reasons. It just isn't what I want in almost any way beyond some established minimum.

Put another way.....I think there are "minimums" in terms of yield and flowering time. They think there are "minimums" in terms of "is this effect good enough to get a consumer to buy it."

And most consumers don't have much nuance with effects because they smoke rarely enough that they get overwhelmed pretty easily.

Sooooooooo......that is not a match. We are both being logical about our own needs, and it's cool! Whatever!

(It really, really sucks for medical patients though....)

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I will rewatch this and write notes then share them...but if you use cannabis for pain or muscular issues, the information in this course is like gold dust.

Offered by a university in Israel. 100% free. You can just watch all the videos. Very condensed. Sheesh.

Top Bottom