Captain's Log: Dispatches from Planet Milson

• Thread starter Milson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

Can’t believe I’ve been missing out on this! In here for the long run. Thanks for sharing not just your plants and ideas but also yourself with all of us on here! You seem like a cool ass dude.

We shared some music on my thread but that was all jazzy stuff. Now that I know you like electronic too, though, I gotta make sure that you’ve heard this man’s art:

This album is like an auditory representation of a psychedelic trip. An internal, spiritual journey, confronting some ugliness mixed in with beauty and serenity in the way we all do in our lives. VERY meditative and, for me, life-changing when listened to on some shrooms last year.

Terpz719

Terpz719

Thanks! I gave them a follow. Only social media I have anymore and I only check it once in a while, but when I do I see cool pot plants!

I am at @milsonmilsonmilson on there btw.
Cool. I'm mainly there to keep up with breeders and sales etc. I do social media poorly, including The Farm, and wish they had another avenue. I gave you a follow and am on there as @terpene_seeker.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Can’t believe I’ve been missing out on this! In here for the long run. Thanks for sharing not just your plants and ideas but also yourself with all of us on here! You seem like a cool ass dude.

We shared some music on my thread but that was all jazzy stuff. Now that I know you like electronic too, though, I gotta make sure that you’ve heard this man’s art:

This album is like an auditory representation of a psychedelic trip. An internal, spiritual journey, confronting some ugliness mixed in with beauty and serenity in the way we all do in our lives. VERY meditative and, for me, life-changing when listened to on some shrooms last year.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and for the compliment!

Re: Jon hopkins

Bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhghg

I have like 100 hours on that album EASY. Jon Hopkins and Four Tet are two of my fav artists. My last huge hobby was music production and Jon hopkins is legit my musical idol! What a world!

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Thanks so much for stopping by, and for the compliment!

Re: Jon hopkins

Bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhghg

I have like 100 hours on that album EASY. Jon Hopkins and Four Tet are two of my fav artists. My last huge hobby was music production and Jon hopkins is legit my musical idol! What a world!
Btw, my personal mushroom trip albums are Fennesz - Black Sea and Lindstrom - Where you go I go too

But I've been in psychedelics retirement for a while and with my lexapro I will be staying that way as that drug helps my brain stabilize but the interactions are hell no.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
So this book is one of my personal favs.
Screenshot 20201029 201919

As you can see, reviews are mixed. It's definitely quality over quantity. There are really only a couple great essays and a few other nuggets in there.

But the chapter on selection is like my bible right now.

DJ is really focused on the awesome landrace (and maybe some landrace crosses) weed of his youth and how to replicate it. His theory is to do your best to get as close to the habitat of the landrace as you can (the sweet spots). And his main focus in the book is on light.

Me too.

So what I am aiming for is two fold. First, I'm adding UVB and far red light to the spectrum. I might talk about far red later but it's likely you have seen me yammering about it somewhere. I actually just decided to double down on what I was already doing in an attempt to get closer to the measured ratio between red and far red in the tropics. Idk what it does as like, a scientist, but here we are trying for Milsonian wisdom at most so like...it seems good? I could talk more about why later.

Here is the uvb bulb I use. 4 hours a day in the back half of flower. 1-2 feet away.

https://www.amazon.com/Exo-Terra-ReptiGlo-HeatGlo-Infrared/dp/B084TM9V61

Here is the supplemental far red. On planet Milson, these are a hot commodity. My wife's tropical plants love them, the dwarf banana trees especially.

I will be running two of those with 2 add-ons each. Total of six bars. I place them about one foot above the pots against the walls of the tent.

The other is timing, as angle is impractical in my tent. DJ says to avoid 18/6 and 12/12 if you want your own stuff that's different from others'. Because I want to induce the shortest possible flower times in my haze, I am going to try to target the genes of the afghan in the Northern Light in Nevil's haze. This is almost certainly insane, but it might not be and it should not hurt anything.

As such, I will veg at 15/9 based on the daylight hours in Kabul in July. Just for giggles. Then 11-13 for four weeks of flower and 10:30-12:30 for the remainder. Just having fun.

Let's see what happens. Hoping for new friends in the AM.

Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Btw, just a silly little note. When I say "make sense" I mean literally using my senses. Like reality that fits in with a coherent picture of the universe beginning from my senses and not taking anything as more Real or True than what I personally feel, sense, and can make sense of based on my understanding of the universe...and most things as much less real (think the version of life people put on instagram) and I need to actually feel things or experience them and not just take someone's word for it if I can help it unless I recognize similarities between our situations in which case awesome. But even that word, recognize, comes from re and cog i.e. to think again so it's like I'm finding the train of thought and grooving with it.

So if I can't get myself into a thought process in which something someone suggests makes sense (is coherent with my world), that's just not interesting for the denizens of Planet Milson. Not saying that person is wrong even. Just....don't care.

This probably makes me totally crazy, but whatever. At least me and my loved ones are happy and I'm not hurting anyone. What's crazy anyhow? 😂

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Anyway after that philosophy, how about some old school house?

beluga

beluga

Had to jump on the wagon when I read 'jazzy' and 'Four Tet'...

If you haven't heard his 00110100 01010100 project yet, check it out:

More subdued blend of the trip hop/jazz/electronic.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter

This is sensational.

Screenshot 2020 10 29 at 105923 PM

Golden Tiger
Screenshot 2020 10 29 at 105906 PM

Zamaldelica x Kali China

Maybe I am just an easy mark, but these kinds of terpene reports from Ace make it really hard to watch this video and not get psyched about their gear. Crossing a male into Golden Tiger next year and getting something mixed with the Thai and Malawi sounds so interesting....and then also Kali China, especially for a haze because she has such a shorter flowering time while having up effects. She also just smells so weird, she must have interesting terps. God this is like a sea to dive into, isn't it?

Otoh, I know for a fact that NYC Diesel must have a lot of limonene because I recognize the taste and effects so sharply. So that also sounds interesting if that is a goal.

That video, again, is sensational and pretty easy to understand. So information dense.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Had to jump on the wagon when I read 'jazzy' and 'Four Tet'...

If you haven't heard his 00110100 01010100 project yet, check it out:

More subdued blend of the trip hop/jazz/electronic.
I have not and I will follow this order presently thank you!

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I have not and I will follow this order presently thank you!
@beluga I enjoyed this last night. Four Tet's abilities with drum sequencing and song structure are so great.

I have an absolutely insane post coming from my notes on the video on chemovars. It involves a discussion of the place of metaphor in my consciousness and frequency modulation synthesis lol.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
@beluga I enjoyed this last night. Four Tet's abilities with drum sequencing and song structure are so great.

I have an absolutely insane post coming from my notes on the video on chemovars. It involves a discussion of the place of metaphor in my consciousness and frequency modulation synthesis lol.
Okay I'm just going to put my notes up as I don't have the mental energy left for what I had outlined lol maybe another day.

IMG 20201030 215205500

If they help anyone that would be dope. If not, whatevs they help me! 😆🙃

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Okay I'm just going to put my notes up as I don't have the mental energy left for what I had outlined lol maybe another day.

View attachment 1049989

If they help anyone that would be dope. If not, whatevs they help me! 😆🙃

Check out this Panama strain from Ace.....so much cbg. Verrrrrrry interesting......I might look for comparables for haze and widow if I can find them.
Screenshot 20201030 225220

Edit: here is widow. Wow that is a lot of humulene...

This suggests widow plus my chemdog could be very interesting as an entourage effect for pain and inflammation.....

Might bear looking into, though it's not at all toward the nachiketa project.....

But man that does sound interesting from a hybrid vigor perspective too....

A widow dad looks even more interesting now! Hurrah!!!

Screenshot 20201030 230234

Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
As I'm thinking about terps and how they modulate cannabinoids...has anyone experimented with just smoking pot and inhaling an essential oil preparation rich in, say, limonene? Like, does it have to be at the same time? In the same smoke? I can't imagine why.....

Time for some Milsonian Wisdom bullshit, I imagine. I don't have the patience to be scientific about it to my satisfaction, but I will record observations!

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
So I picked up some dispensary bud because I estimate that I may have a crunch toward the end of next month...and the bud in question was a strain called Lou's Legacy, which is (NL5 x Haze) x Chemdog #4.

IMG 20201031 143152418 HDR

This shit is damn nice for dispensary bud. Makes me excited about my haze plants and their potential for crossing if I get lucky with one. And also about the Chemdog I am harvesting in a few weeks....! But I was already super stoked about that....

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So I picked up some dispensary bud because I estimate that I may have a crunch toward the end of next month...and the bud in question was a strain called Lou's Legacy, which is (NL5 x Haze) x Chemdog #4.

View attachment 1050241

This shit is damn nice for dispensary bud. Makes me excited about my haze plants and their potential for crossing if I get lucky with one. And also about the Chemdog I am harvesting in a few weeks....! But I was already super stoked about that....

Just an fyi. Mr nice sells original NL x Haze and that plant was meant for breeding. Supposed to give a number of varied phenos leaning one way or the other.

Top Bottom