Captain's Log: Dispatches from Planet Milson

• Thread starter Milson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I'm kinda starting to feel like planet Milson is the culture center of the farm.

I just got Neuromancer and Valis in audiobook form, and I have a 3 day weekend working in the basement starting tonight. I had to rip apart my lab a bit to make room for the short path distillation and the nut press, I'll working on getting that all done over the next few days, starting THC Victory, and a bunch of other stuff. Gonna be plugged into headphones while I work for the next 3 days. Gotta love you guys.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I'm kinda starting to feel like planet Milson is the culture center of the farm.

I just got Neuromancer and Valis in audiobook form, and I have a 3 day weekend working in the basement starting tonight. I had to rip apart my lab a bit to make room for the short path distillation and the nut press, I'll working on getting that all done over the next few days, starting THC Victory, and a bunch of other stuff. Gonna be plugged into headphones while I work for the next 3 days. Gotta love you guys.
That sounds lovely! Many of the descriptions in Neuromancer in particular are just poetry....

Below is a description of cyberspace plugging in for a hacker whose brain got hijacked so he could not plug into the cyberspace dream....until he got a surgery to allow him to work again (now he has poison sacs in his nervous system to make him beholden to his employer)

Screenshot 20210225 080116

VALIS is actual insanity lol. But it pushes forward hard and is delicious in its density....

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

So once a year I do a "think week." Stole the idea from Bill Gates. I jump on my motorcycle and go somewhere far away I have never been to before and bring nothing but clothes, cash and books. This year it was Plato's Republic, End of Eternity (Asimov), Darwin's Cipher, The Science of Mindfulness, The Subtle Art of Not Giving A Fuck, and assorted books and papers on psilocybin and DMT. I have a bluetooth speaker setup in my helmet. I try to get lost in between destinations.

The act of getting physically lost while riding open to the world thru an unknown place on a beautiful day while listening to something profound is like the entourage effect for books. You put your mind in a state where it has to embrace what is right in front of you and deal with it. Highly recommended.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
So once a year I do a "think week." Stole the idea from Bill Gates. I jump on my motorcycle and go somewhere far away I have never been to before and bring nothing but clothes, cash and books. This year it was Plato's Republic, End of Eternity (Asimov), Darwin's Cipher, The Science of Mindfulness, The Subtle Art of Not Giving A Fuck, and assorted books and papers on psilocybin and DMT. I have a bluetooth speaker setup in my helmet. I try to get lost in between destinations.

The act of getting physically lost while riding open to the world thru an unknown place on a beautiful day while listening to something profound is like the entourage effect for books. You put your mind in a state where it has to embrace what is right in front of you and deal with it. Highly recommended.
That sounds awesome.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
This is a really cool paper on blue light and UV light in terms of how plants react to each (photoreceptors etc).

I continue to believe the industry has waaaaaaaaaay oversimplified the way plants respond to different wavelengths to its detriment.

Of particular interest to your resident green ball of crazy.

Screenshot 2021 02 27 at 21753 PM
Screenshot 2021 02 27 at 21727 PM

And then some pieces of the paper.

Screenshot 2021 02 27 at 21854 PM

And another piece.

Screenshot 2021 02 27 at 22023 PM
Screenshot 2021 02 27 at 22137 PM
Screenshot 2021 02 27 at 22443 PM

Screenshot 2021 02 27 at 21753 PM
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

This is a really cool paper on blue light and UV light in terms of how plants react to each (photoreceptors etc).

I continue to believe the industry has waaaaaaaaaay oversimplified the way plants respond to different wavelengths to its detriment.

View attachment 1096911View attachment 1096912

View attachment 1096909
And another piece.

View attachment 1096907View attachment 1096906View attachment 1096905

you really should head over to the other major weed site and browse the led section for builder threads. They talk all about this stuff. Much more posted led info there for your interest.

The australian light builder is super interesting for one. There are very in depth discussions by the diy guys now too. They have been adding reds for a lot longer than the market.

Of course can not link. In fact im banned permanently for insulting uncle buck and his daddy back too much.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
you really should head over to the other major weed site and browse the led section for builder threads. They talk all about this stuff. Much more posted led info there for your interest.

The australian light builder is super interesting for one. There are very in depth discussions by the diy guys now too. They have been adding reds for a lot longer than the market.

Of course can not link. In fact im banned permanently for insulting uncle buck and his daddy back too much.
Thanks for the tip. I will have to remember to take a peek.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

View attachment 1096911View attachment 1096912

View attachment 1096909
And another piece.

View attachment 1096907View attachment 1096906View attachment 1096905
Did you pay for the pdf or have access thru a Uni?
There is this one and the red / far red paper that I would love to read in detail but it looks like $40 each for a member of the public. I have read that the writers of the paper don’t get paid a penny of that $40 and will generally send you the pdf if you ask, that’s my next step unless you have another option. Thanks for sharing.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Yup. Emailing the people that run the studies is a good way to go. Fuck gatekeeping knowledge.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Did you pay for the pdf or have access thru a Uni?
There is this one and the red / far red paper that I would love to read in detail but it looks like $40 each for a member of the public. I have read that the writers of the paper don’t get paid a penny of that $40 and will generally send you the pdf if you ask, that’s my next step unless you have another option. Thanks for sharing.

University email....apparently mine still works! Over a decade on.... 🤷‍♂️

I can just start downloading the PDFs and attaching them to a blog post i link or something....

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Widow on day 69 of flower. Hoping she will be ready for cut in 10 days or so? Maybe longer...these pistils still look super perky.....she has slowed down drinking though.

IMG 20210303 101613047
IMG 20210303 101535433 HDR

Latest posts

Top Bottom