Caregiver is pitching a tent!

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
I guess Logic found out I cant clone anymore, so he took away my Mod-ship. :banghead:
That, and I didn't do enough around here :bag: Its cool though, he made me a premium member!
Thanks for that Logic! And thanks for this site too! :)
Im going to protest that with Logic ken. i think your a great mod and an outstanding THC Farmer! It only benefits this place to have you moderate. I came to you the other day with a problem and you sorted it out quickly!

soserthc1

soserthc1

I am gonna have to disagree with D and say do it... i am on my second run with a turbo kloner and have roots in 5 days .... seems to be working extremely well for me when i failed 50% of the time with the heat mat dome route but that is just my opinion ....

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Im going to protest that with Logic ken. i think your a great mod and an outstanding THC Farmer! It only benefits this place to have you moderate. I came to you the other day with a problem and you sorted it out quickly!
Thanks Bud and Ken. But no need to protest it...They have lots of Good moderaters here
I was honored to be chosen, But never really felt like I deserved it. Apart from posting here a hell of a lot.
I really am not a great farmer or anything...Im Still learning..I think the experts should be mods.
I post here too much anyway!

Aligee

Aligee

Thanks Bud and Ken. But no need to protest it...They have lots of Good moderaters here
I was honored to be chosen, But never really felt like I deserved it. Apart from posting here a hell of a lot.
I really am not a great farmer or anything...Im Still learning..I think the experts should be mods.
I post here too much anyway!
Dont worry bout it Ken mods just a title thats all nothing special your farm is badass i know id kill to have what you gots going on! :D
Oh ya! I got a TurboKloner i just got recently its collecting dust now, I'll give it to u for cheap $$$ Ken.

Chobble

Chobble

Ken I love everything your doing in here, Is this a 5 gallon bucket with a bubbler underneath? Have you found a DIY cloner design that works well?

I get great root results in a dome with my heating mat, but Im definitely always looking for new things to play with :) I even like to go as far as doing them all in soil, Coco/perlite or Peat/lite works extremely well when rooting. So far rapid rooters have definitely taken the first place spot.

Chobble

monkeymun

monkeymun

That was some short-lived mod-ship! Ah well, now you're just free to chill and talk shit all day, rather than have to be "working".

I'm sure those clones will throw roots. You don't need to spend $200 to make it happen.

neverbreak

neverbreak

haven't ya cloned before ken bro? i'm sure ya have.. o_O

n welcome back to the team (of non-staff lol)!

neverbreak

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
awesome, farmers helping farmers :D
AliGee is a awesome dude1 He told me to try some Azos So, I got some used it with these .
I think that may help alot...the lastest cuts are so happy, they are Praying! :)

Ken I love everything your doing in here, Is this a 5 gallon bucket with a bubbler underneath? Have you found a DIY cloner design that works well?

I get great root results in a dome with my heating mat, but Im definitely always looking for new things to play with :) I even like to go as far as doing them all in soil, Coco/perlite or Peat/lite works extremely well when rooting. So far rapid rooters have definitely taken the first place spot.

Chobble
Thanks Chobble GTSY its a 3 gal.. with a sprayer....

That was some short-lived mod-ship! Ah well, now you're just free to chill and talk shit all day, rather than have to be "working".

I'm sure those clones will throw roots. You don't need to spend $200 to make it happen.
Yeah...I was too busy reading and posting to be a mod! :p
I think they will root this time :)

haven't ya cloned before ken bro? i'm sure ya have.. o_O

n welcome back to the team (of non-staff lol)!

neverbreak

Thanks for the welcome Never! :)

Yeah I used 2inch rockwool cubes and domes for a while with good results..switched to rappid rooted plugs and those worked great for a while..then all of a sudden everything would wilt right away and not come back..
They were fine in the glass of water but as soon as they were in the rooter plugs they woulf wilt.

so I decided to try the cheap bucket cloner....I have Rooted cuts lots of differerent ways.

here is one way I tryed last year ;)
I documented it right here on the farm (somewhere)
Airlayer5 11

Airlayercloseup4 22
Last edited:
monkeymun

monkeymun

Was that a mid-stem clone? I've often considered doing that. Rooting a stem while still on the plant, so that when I cut it, it's already good to go. Perhaps a little awkward to do, but nice that with a bit of foresight, there should be very little recovery time.

Chobble

Chobble

AliGee is a awesome dude1 He told me to try some Azos So, I got some used it with these .
I think that may help alot...the lastest cuts are so happy, they are Praying! :)

Thanks Chobble GTSY its a 3 gal.. with a sprayer....

Yeah...I was too busy reading and posting to be a mod! :p
I think they will root this time :)

Thanks for the welcome Never! :)

Yeah I used 2inch rockwool cubes and domes for a while with good results..switched to rappid rooted plugs and those worked great for a while..then all of a sudden everything would wilt right away and not come back..
They were fine in the glass of water but as soon as they were in the rooter plugs they woulf wilt.

so I decided to try the cheap bucket cloner....I have Rooted cuts lots of differerent ways.

here is one way I tryed last year ;)
I documented it right here on the farm (somewhere)
View attachment 355881

I remember your air layering thread ken, I thought the rockwool cube ended up working better? I know the whole farm was kind of on the craze at that time though.

That sprayer, What type of sprayer exactly? Like a mister?

Chobble

ftwendy

ftwendy

Gonna get on the soapbox: ditch the heat mats guys, aquarium heater is the way... easier to get stable temps with warmed water.

Basically, you set your clone tray inside a hole cut through a tote lid, fill the tote with water and submerge an aquarium heater inside. Be sure the water touches the bottom of the nursery tray for best results (too much and it floats, not a bad thing tho). Place the temperature probe inside the clone tray, set thermostat at 80, fill with clones...mist the dome and clones only if humidity doesn't form on dome after 10 minutes on. Minimizing your misting is important... second behind stabilizing your temperature. Stable temp = stable humidity.

I've always cloned in rockwool, rinsed at ph 5.5 (tap+ph down only) and soaked in a light mix of plain water and 2ml/g GH rapid start at ph 5.8...be suer to shake the blocks lightly (no squeezing) so they're damp not wet. I prefer to use olivias or rootech, but have 90%+ success with most any gel. Brand new nursery flat and dome every time ensures things are clean. Highly recommend the grodan 1.5" cubes, and the reddish plastic rack/tray designed to lift and separate the clones from the bottom of the nursery tray. Keep a bit of plain fresh water below the clones and change it daily (1/2" or so, just to bump up rh, NOT in contact with rw cubes).

It is important to remove the dome daily for incrementally longer periods of time, ie: day one is three sessions of 5 minutes dome off, day two is 3x 10 minutes, day three 4x 20 minutes, etc, and by day five I can leave the dome off for an hour or more at a time. The dome off periods really shock the plants, so be sure to set a timer and be diligent. By day 7 the dome is off all day (18hrs), only goes on for dark 6 hours.... dome off permanently around day 9-10, and roots start showing every day thereafter.

The rockwool begins to dry out after 7 days or so (waiting for this is KEY)... by minimizing misting the cubes will dry out naturally. This process of slow drying at the root zone along with the regimen of dome on and off really sends your new clones the message to root... the only thing left is being very light on the first feeding of the new roots.

Over feed or feed too soon and your roots will stall. This is critical.

The color and weight of the rockwool cubes becomes your barometer for when to feed, so pay close attention or shoot some photos for reference on what wet and dry look and feel like. If 50% of the cubes are nearly dry (light in color and weight from drying), then its time to feed.

My mix is 20% strength canna substra flores bloom base with 2ml/gal rapid start at ph 5.8...mix up a few gallons so you have plenty of fresh solution for change outs between rinsing... After mixing up the nutes, I fill a new nursery tray tray 3/4 full (filled 2" deep or so) with nutrient solution and place the grodan tray into the solution The important part is making sure the top of the water is 1/2" up the cubes on the grodan rack thingy. After a minute of soaking I pick up the tray and tilt it back and forth to swish the solution around the cubes like a gold miner with a pan. Do this soak and swish/rinse process twice for best results. While you're swishing, try to keep the solution from splashing onto the tops of the cubes. Optimally the cubes will be dry at the top 1/2" and moist at the bottom 1" when you are done. Once you're done swishing, remove the tray from the solution and place it back into the hot water tote with 1/2" fresh plain water... a few days later and roots galore.

I've shared this method with a few new growers struggling with the clone hurdle and they all continue to follow the process like religion... which gives them the same 90%+ success rate. It is by no means perfect, but the method is reliable and a good place to start with minimal investment. I hope it helps.

Whatever you do, be sure to start with healthy cuts from healthy moms, follow a solid regimen that emphasizes the transition from moist nursed fresh clones to hardened new plants, and you will eventually get new copies of your mothers. Just stick with it and keep notes. You will succeed.

**As I wrote that, my state just defined any clone without flowers and less than 12" tall and around is a 'seedling' and therefore does not count as a plant. Nice. :)

Happy holidays, ftw

ftwendy

ftwendy

No mean to hijack ken... just don't like reading that you are frustrated. Press on man! You can do this!

I have a pic to illustrate if you would like to see what I'm talking about...its posted elsewhere too

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
No mean to hijack ken... just don't like reading that you are frustrated. Press on man! You can do this!

I have a pic to illustrate if you would like to see what I'm talking about...its posted elsewhere too
Nice post ftwendy!!! This will help me out a lot as I will be learning to clone very soon. Thank you

Yeah great post FTW. thanks Im not going to give up..
I have lots of seedlings going. and my moms are looking better everyday(cal mag whores!)

I think its been too cold in the veg area(my bedroom) for the clones(and the seedlings)
Been about 68 most of the time..but im getting it up to 70 now.and the seedlings look happier
I may put up a 400w mh soon to warm things up a bit more
and Im going to Chuck these bucket cloners....Go back to rock wool cubes or rapid rooters under the dome next time I take cuts

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I finally bought some "PH down" for the 1st time ever...(my well water is 8.3 right now)(used to be lower)
I dont know why it took me so long..stupid i guess..:bag:
But I'm pretty sure that was the source of many problems:banghead:

So I went and got some of these "oasis cubes" like @Aligee told me about
try half oasis and half root riots
and with a few more tips from Ali Im trying again.
24 hours No wilt! :woot:
Cuts1215

Latest posts

Top Bottom