Cause Of Fluffy Buds

• Thread starter jinxjj
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jinxjj

So my first grow ended with alot of fluffy plants :(

Can anyone help outline what causes that to happen so I can prevent my next ones from doing it also?

It still smokes good and is all covered in crystals but the buds are just very loose/airy/light/leafy.

Running various sativas and indicas under LED. 60*f lights off 80* lights on, RH between 40-65% it fluctuates when lights off.

Used GH kind of nutrients but did half what their schedule called for and switched to water only around week 9 to flush but I think I flushed too early.

J

jinxjj

Started with a 450watt G8 LED and then about half way thru bloom I added another light (Same one).

Was trying to do SOG so had about 15 plants in a 4x3 tent.

Goz

Goz

Started with a 450watt G8 LED and then about half way thru bloom I added another light (Same one).

Was trying to do SOG so had about 15 plants in a 4x3 tent.

Could be a number of things mate , I have never used LED but I watched a side by side comparison grow of tomatoes HID v LED in my local grow shop and up until flower there was no difference then that's when the HID came into its own and produced way better fruits than LED .
I'm no expert though lol .

Could be to much nitrogen , temps to high/low , lights to far away etc ...

Your buds will get better as time gos on, you just got to percivere with things and be open to trying new things until you get they nice tight nugs , they will come mate just keep at it ...

GOZ

straincreation

straincreation

what are your genetics and temps. Ive heard that leds give less density but not quitw to the point of larf. Here could be other variables at play here.

Hope to hear from you.
Happy farmin;)

J

jinxjj

The looser stuff was mostly the sativa. (Happa Haze, Rough Neck, Napelese Watermellon)

Temps are in my first post. The indica (Ogre) had better formed buds but still not as big as i had hoped for.

Only ONE of the plants came out awesome... The Rio Negro which was a sativa...... bud covered the entire fucking stalk about 1ft tall and was about the size of a small soda bottle width wize (not a 2tlr , think the smaller ones are 20oz).

Its hanging to dry now so i will see what it weights once cured as that is the weight that really matters :)

straincreation

straincreation

Ok well this is where your problem lyes, you are asking about density and implying buc size.

Your sativas are just that sativas and about 80% of your sativas are gonna be is what you got there fluffy.

You said
Temps are in my first post. The indica (Ogre) had better formed buds but still not as big as i had hoped for.

Better formed buds and by that you mean you liked the shape or they were denser. Then you go to state that they werent as big as you hoped for. that my friend is your boosters whether you said you used GH well theres one reason imo. Wait what grow medium are you in? I dont recall reading that.

Also your genetics could be at play here which its obvious they are, but again i dont know exactly what question you want answered.
Bigger buds
or denser rockier buds.

You need stronger genetics to pull off super dense buds plain and simple, you can grow the fluffiest indoor sativa, under any light or the sun and ya it may vary a bit but in the end your gonna get fluffer buds.

As for size, and density i say get some solid boosters and see what that will do for youm i bet you find a good one and that girl that you liked will shine like a diamond, and the ones you thought had potential will perform a bit more for you.

Other than that from the little bit of info you have given i feel that your room should be good, or atleast sufficient enough to grow good herb.

If i wasnt clear or any questions just hit me back brother.
Happy farmin;)

J

jinxjj

Thanks for all tips man. I think i really just need to do a good nute cycle from now on. This was my first grow so better then what could have happened i suppose. I wasn't sure of flower time so i stopped using nutes early and probably lost alot of weight :(

TurtleTree

TurtleTree

My fluff always results from lower light intensity. Also temperature is a big factor. High day temps combined with low night temps make my buds get stretched and fluffly. Other than that its most likely genetics.

J

jinxjj

With this shit winter that could very well be my issue. 80 day Temps and 60 night can't be good....

TurtleTree

TurtleTree

A 20 degree difference will do it. This winter has been rough. Where did you source your genetics from?? This bud fluff as a few stated before is probably just you seeing weak phenotypes in your genetics.

DrFever

DrFever

Could be a number of things Genetics , heat humidity and nutrients i would say HEAT and light power causes most fluffy buds here 80 percent sativa :)

User404880 pic1378697 1421704660
J

jinxjj

All but one were sourced from a breeder so they should have been legit seeds. My friend paid some good money for them from what I remember.

The ogre indica was from bag seed, the buds they came from were dense and fat and this strain definitely out shined the rest.

I think temp swing and lack of solid nute schedule caused my issues.

Reactions: Goz
K

kolah

Nutrients and genetics are the big two and high humidity may be involved as well. I don't think large temperature swings cause fluffy loose buds as I grow outdoors in 100 degree daytime temps and 40-50's at night. Humidity here in CO is always low....sometimes too low which slows down growth in general.

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Nutrients, genetics and high humidity. IMO. I don't think large temperature swings cause fluffy loose buds as I grow outdoors in 100 degree daytime temps and 40-50's at night. Humidity here in CO is always low....sometimes too low which slows down growth in general.

IMO indoor and outdoor just don't follow the same rules, fwiw

K

kolah

You may be right. I was going to add in my previous post that I don't know shit about indoor growing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom