• Thread starter sportyridr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Headbanger/Goji is stackin

View attachment 1208437

Romulan x The Cube is stacking as well 🌳 I think there's going to be some really huge nuts on this girl.

View attachment 1208438

Queens of the tent "so far"

OG Cake $1 seed 😜

View attachment 1208442

Romulan x The Cube 10 pack freebie when I bought some str8 Romulan

View attachment 1208439

Jack's 321 @ 1.8 ec & 5.9 ph
Next week I'll be adding a week or so of Hammerhead Bloom 0-9-18 @ 1.8ml/gal
Lights currently 65-70k lux, 1250ish ppfd, 52-55 dli

I was pushing 75k, 1300+ ppfd, lux 75k with no issues for a couple days but thought it best to back down to 65k and chill there.
" Lights currently 65-70k lux,".....Wow to me that is high lux...I'm new to led's ( 1 grow) but I thought I fried my leaves at 53,000 lux.....I have my new run at 43,000 3-4 weeks in flower... My 1000w hps I only get 35,000......I saw something the other day saying the more intense the light the bigger & hard the buds.....I loved what I got off my last led grow I thought I'd keep the intensity a bit lower....now I see you have it at 65 - 70,000 lux......Now I don't know what to think.....I'm going in now and see what my max at 100% gives me...

Last edited:
sportyridr

sportyridr

" Lights currently 65-70k lux,".....Wow to me that is high lux...I'm new to led's ( 1 grow) but I thought I fried my leaves at 53,000 lux.....I have my new run at 43,000 3-4 weeks in flower... My 1000w hps I only get 35,000......I saw something the other day saying the more intense the light the bigger & hard the buds.....I loved what I got off my last led grow I thought I'd keep the intensity a bit lower....now I see you have it at 65 - 70,000 lux......Now I don't know what to think.....I'm going in now and see what my max at 100% gives me...

That's what meter said...I should have screenshot it...have 2 apps, they both read same.

Don't do what Im doing just all willy nilly & mess things up for yourself.

sportyridr

sportyridr

Took a minute yesterday to clean my Seedling/Mom Closet. I always start with just the basics. Then things change, need more lights, less fan, humidifier etc etc.

Reorganized a bit...

before

20220121 101627

After

20220121 151739
20220121 151714
20220121 151526
20220121 101650
20220121 101641
20220121 151456

I have got to get a t5 for seedlings...been putting it off for way to long. Tired if jacking with stretchy seedlings.

sportyridr

sportyridr

Made some pain/inflammation creme today. Pleased how it turned out great BUT i used too much tumeric so it's a bit yellow til it works in a few seconds. Not greasy either. I use this on my knee as well as wrist and it provides some relief. My MIL who is 77 says it helps her joints as well. It is a 50/50 mix.

20220123 125656

20220123 163154

20220121 211537

😎

sportyridr

sportyridr

Week 5

Jack's 321 + Hammerhead 9/18 @ 1.7ec
pH 5.6 - 6
+ Fulvic, Kelp...Silica stopped after transition
Currently doing 6 shots per day

Here's the rest of info and budz...pretty stoked about this grow...it's been a while coming.

Screenshot 20220124 214500 Govee Home
Screenshot 20220124 214444 Govee Home

20220124 203502
20220124 203520
20220124 203312
20220124 203323
20220124 203355

20220124 202855
20220124 202811
20220124 202929

20220124 202941
20220124 202952
20220124 202904

20220124 203006
20220124 203024
20220124 203044
20220124 202757

tobh

tobh

Supporter
awesome. i make salves for my patients too. most is just straight medicated salve, but i do a capsaicin salve for one patient to help with his arthritis. have watched the swelling in his hands go away almost entirley over a couple hours whenever he comes over to pick up. pretty amazing shit. my MS patient has also really taken to the salves as well. she's not a fan of the high cannabis gives but the straight medicated salve eliminates her pain in her hips entirely so she's been able to decrease the nerve blockers she's on.

am curious about your caramel recipe though. we make a ton of baked goods with our oil as well, and i'm wanting to venture into smaller packages. breads, pastries and cookies are great and all but having a highly potent candy or lozenge would be better in terms of delivery for the dietary restricted i try to help ya know.

sportyridr

sportyridr

awesome. i make salves for my patients too. most is just straight medicated salve, but i do a capsaicin salve for one patient to help with his arthritis. have watched the swelling in his hands go away almost entirley over a couple hours whenever he comes over to pick up. pretty amazing shit. my MS patient has also really taken to the salves as well. she's not a fan of the high cannabis gives but the straight medicated salve eliminates her pain in her hips entirely so she's been able to decrease the nerve blockers she's on.

am curious about your caramel recipe though. we make a ton of baked goods with our oil as well, and i'm wanting to venture into smaller packages. breads, pastries and cookies are great and all but having a highly potent candy or lozenge would be better in terms of delivery for the dietary restricted i try to help ya know.

Hey man,

For that salve I've been just using Diamond Delights reesippee from youtube. I'm sure there is better ones out there, that said though, this ones easy enough and seems to do it's thing. I am definately going to look into adding capsaicin in the salve as you have perked my interest mentioning that. I have to remake this last batch. F'kn Tumeric capsules are nasty, going to look for a liquid replacement today actually. I used Tumeric from the spice isle last year but it's gritty as hell. More improvement needed but it's a work in progress.

The caramels are a huge hit with everyone, they're just so effin good. That recipe is from allrecipes.com lol. There is no magical recipe.

Last year I was doing all kinds of edibles and got real tired real fast jackin with the oil and or butter, the mess and the cleanup, shitty taste etc. No more oil or butter bullshit. I make a 100mg/ml tincture from Everclear and dose that as needed for the recipe. I could cook it down even more but this is very workable. I usually take a 2 or 3 cups of wash (3oz or so of trim/bud) down to 1/2 to 1/4 cup to get it to where I want it. I just add the tincture direct to the Caramels at the end when I add the vanilla and stir. This cooks off the alcohol and leaves the thc/cbd behind. Boom, no fuss, no muss...no taste except smooth awesome caramels.

I now do this with all reesippee's for edibles. Just got to make sure to cook off the alcohol. For example: If it calls for 1/4 cup of canna oil I will use a couple tablespoons of oil in a small meeasuring cup, add tinture and place on low heat (I use my coffee warmer on high for a bit until I smell no more alcohol). I then add that to the amount called for. The tincture is strong enough that I'm only dealing with a few ml's at a time so there is no worry about blowing shit up from fumes lol.

For the Caramels, I take them to 243* as it seems to make a stable product at room temp or your pocket for a while. I make them as low at 10mg for my daughter in law.

Salve

tobh

tobh

Supporter
if you can't find a liquid alternative to turmeric, you should be able to do a similar extract as i do for the capsaicin. What I do is while infuse the coconut oil, i'll throw in a couple tablespoons of cayenne pepper powder. it ends up being filtered out with the plant material as well. i actually grabbed the base recipe from a homemade arthritis salve recipe i found and just used medicated oil instead of non medicated oil.

sportyridr

sportyridr

if you can't find a liquid alternative to turmeric, you should be able to do a similar extract as i do for the capsaicin. What I do is while infuse the coconut oil, i'll throw in a couple tablespoons of cayenne pepper powder. it ends up being filtered out with the plant material as well. i actually grabbed the base recipe from a homemade arthritis salve recipe i found and just used medicated oil instead of non medicated oil.

OK, I was going to ask how & what form of the capsaicin. The Tumeric capsules were 500mg and I used four, thinking now two would have been fine. I see most of the liquid is 1000mg per volume so for my remake I'll use only 2 capsules this time. Liquid will wait for now. Also going to add some cayenne but I need to look at quantity. You mention a cpl tbs but unsure about the total volume or your batch. Thinking 1.5 cups (3 ~ 400mls) of product at a time. This go around I will infuse the tumeric & cayenne to the quantity of oil needed.

Agreed on an already working recipe and change the medicated portion! Makes for a shitload less R * D lol.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
OK, I was going to ask how & what form of the capsaicin. The Tumeric capsules were 500mg and I used four, thinking now two would have been fine. I see most of the liquid is 1000mg per volume so for my remake I'll use only 2 capsules this time. Liquid will wait for now. Also going to add some cayenne but I need to look at quantity. You mention a cpl tbs but unsure about the total volume or your batch. Thinking 1.5 cups (3 ~ 400mls) of product at a time. This go around I will infuse the tumeric & cayenne to the quantity of oil needed.

Agreed on an already working recipe and change the medicated portion! Makes for a shitload less R * D lol.
i used that proportion for 1 cup of oil. the last batch started with 4 cups of oil that i infused with 1oz cannabis per cup, then separated one cup out and infused with 2 tbsp of cayenne pepper powder. as i told my patients, be mindful of touching your face or junk after using the shit, it will burn sensitive areas. but it works wonders for arthritis and swelling in general.

sportyridr

sportyridr

i used that proportion for 1 cup of oil. the last batch started with 4 cups of oil that i infused with 1oz cannabis per cup, then separated one cup out and infused with 2 tbsp of cayenne pepper powder. as i told my patients, be mindful of touching your face or junk after using the shit, it will burn sensitive areas. but it works wonders for arthritis and swelling in general.

Good info, thanks. I suppose if your not mindful, it will still take away some pain, just move it to a different spot for a while 😆

sportyridr

sportyridr

Start of Week 6...mostly just leaving em be and let em do they're thing.

Finished a week of Hammerhead Bloom in week 5 which I think may be too early. Maybe try week 6 next go or run for 2 weeks + I think dose is too low after looking at it in Hydro buddy.

Still on Jack's 321 @ 3-2-1/ gal
Ec 1.7/1.8, pH 5.8-6.1
Lights off temps are nippy at 62-65

Romulan x The Cube
20220131 201520

Goji OG
20220131 201617

OG Cake
20220131 201550

Forgot a pic of Velveeta Breath/Bangers n Mac up in left front...stubby lil indica never took off.

The whole f'n mess 🙃

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Lastly, Closet setup redo #312 lol to accommodate more stuff lol

Lookin good tho...
View attachment 1212615View attachment 1212616
Nice job man!!! You have a nice cycle going, looks like you're using every available space to grow in.....It just keeps expanding into every corner we can put them lol.....I grow in my basement now but I have a 40' x 40' = 1600sq ft of space in a closed building I own...200 amp service.....When I started this I thought it was way too big for my needs.......now I'm not so sure. lol.....wife says no fkin way......it's just being used for storage but it's right on the highway and would look suspicious as fk with the windows all blacked out....

Na its just a dream but oooh man I could have a grow and with a 10' ceiling ...lol...... dreaming of a room full of flowers...lol

sportyridr

sportyridr

Nice job man!!! You have a nice cycle going, looks like you're using every available space to grow in.....It just keeps expanding into every corner we can put them lol.....I grow in my basement now but I have a 40' x 40' = 1600sq ft of space in a closed building I own...200 amp service.....When I started this I thought it was way too big for my needs.......now I'm not so sure. lol.....wife says no fkin way......it's just being used for storage but it's right on the highway and would look suspicious as fk with the windows all blacked out....

Na its just a dream but oooh man I could have a grow and with a 10' ceiling ...lol...... dreaming of a room full of flowers...lol

Thank you sir...

Things are going just right for a minute or two. Sure is a lovely change of pace.😂

We always need more room, always. Everytime you post a pic out front I am eyeballing that garage of yours like 🤩

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thank you sir...

Things are going just right for a minute or two. Sure is a lovely change of pace.😂

We always need more room, always. Everytime you post a pic out front I am eyeballing that garage of yours like 🤩
Yes that's the old store we ran for 18 years...closed it down 2013 been empty since. I have a guy storing some stuff in there now but its just a temp thing....just one good run..I could get the lights I have the fans a few more pots....&.........NO....DON't think about it........it will only get you in trouble.....I have an inner voice that gets out sometimes....keeps me in check...lol

100 6678
sportyridr

sportyridr

Yes that's the old store we ran for 18 years...closed it down 2013 been empty since. I have a guy storing some stuff in there now but its just a temp thing....just one good run..I could get the lights I have the fans a few more pots....&.........NO....DON't think about it........it will only get you in trouble.....I have an inner voice that gets out sometimes....keeps me in check...lol
Gotta dream...I think I could forget about winter if I had that in use...seems like proper time to run would be summer, maybe fall eh...you would burn a ton of wood heating in winter.

Prob best I keep contained as well, ill just have more weed and more problems.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Gotta dream...I think I could forget about winter if I had that in use...seems like proper time to run would be summer, maybe fall eh...you would burn a ton of wood heating in winter.

Prob best I keep contained as well, ill just have more weed and more problems.
Oh no wood its fully wired electric baseboard heat 8 -10 1000w hps she'd be toasty...it's very well insulated. It's just over kill for my needs I run out occasionally for a short time if I fk up a grow but for the 2 of us I grow all we need in my basement.

I 've always lived close to the rules, mostly just on the other side.......It's their fault...as kids or young adults growing up we had to deal on the shady side to buy our weed,. That shady side sticks like glue so there's a life of skirting the regulations & being fk the rules.

I can't see my old fat ass in prison being very happy so I'll stay just close enough to the edge to get a light spanking, plead insanity or mental break down made me do it......But a 1600sqft grow for just my needs may get me more than a just a light spanking......Sorry man I wonder after a smoke....lol

sportyridr

sportyridr

Oh no wood its fully wired electric baseboard heat 8 -10 1000w hps she'd be toasty...it's very well insulated. It's just over kill for my needs I run out occasionally for a short time if I fk up a grow but for the 2 of us I grow all we need in my basement.

I 've always lived close to the rules, mostly just on the other side.......It's their fault...as kids or young adults growing up we had to deal on the shady side to buy our weed,. That shady side sticks like glue so there's a life of skirting the regulations & being fk the rules.

I can't see my old fat ass in prison being very happy so I'll stay just close enough to the edge to get a light spanking, plead insanity or mental break down made me do it......But a 1600sqft grow for just my needs may get me more than a just a light spanking......Sorry man I wonder after a
More happy weed I say...should be mandatory til bedtime 🌙 lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom