• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Is CBD snake oil of our time?

• Total voters
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

And Anti-psychotic properties.

They do not know that for sure. Anti anxiety properties for some people is all you can say so far.

And for me and my illnesses cbd alone or in a 1-1 ratio did not help. High thc does.

And harvard proved that only patients with an underlying mental illness were triggered by high doses of thc. Not that thc causes schitzophrenia or its symptoms.

I dont have time to search for the paper right now but it is online with tons of other harvard studies.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Yep, I did mean anti-inflammatory properties.

I didn't specify but yes, anti-spasmodic/anti-seizure properties for some types of epilepsy ...

CBD has been helpful in knocking down the intensity of an overly strong edible (mellows me out)

I am not aware of anti-psychotic properties, but that doesn't mean there isn't any ...

FamilyCanna

FamilyCanna

Yep, I did mean anti-inflammatory properties.

I didn't specify but yes, anti-spasmodic/anti-seizure properties for some types of epilepsy ...

CBD has been helpful in knocking down the intensity of an overly strong edible (mellows me out)

I am not aware of anti-psychotic properties, but that doesn't mean there isn't any ...

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Like any natural medicine some may receive benefits and some may not. And some benefits may be long term and require taking the medicine for a long time before it works.

@1diesel1 what happened to your hemp field? You are on a pretty high horse against cbd for a someone who jumped on the bandwagon.

You dont have the answer “it depends” or “it works for some people” in your poll.

My best friend’s surgeon in colorado recomended he take cbd regularly to help repair some nerve damage. The surgery alone did not make his arm work properly again but he insists the cbd has helped tremendously. He takes it in addition to smoking weed.

I tried it for months for my condions and it didnt do anything for me that my weed isnt doing already.

So it helps some people and not others.
I never said I was against Hemp or CBD.

FamilyCanna

FamilyCanna

I never said I was against Hemp or CBD.
So you see a use for "snake oil"?

A least hopefully a better use than trying to dick swing on the thread I created to help my sick wife.

Class act.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Or using his voice as a Mod to bully people.

Like creating a poll to sucker punch a dude who is already in pain, only to get bitch-slapped by his own creation.

Not really a fair poll when the answer selections ratio 4:1, AND then still not prove his point.

I'm done here. My wife is healthy finally healthy today, and I have real money to make in this industry.

Peace and love and upgrade that scraggly pup-tent excuse of a greenhouse.
Well you must not be a REAL farmer that’s winning.

fishbuds

fishbuds

I've had people tell me they get far more relief from my homeade coconut oil made with non-decarbed trim, than any cbd they ever bought at a store.

just some anecdotal for you all ;))

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
This year's big money maker is CBG they are finding a lot of new information on different cannabinoids every day.

We are running a 100% THC free, high CBG strain of hemp this year.

Personally I think most CBD products are rip offs. Not because CBD doesn't work but mostly due to poor absorption of it. I make my own CBD topical cream and if you don't use DMSO your body will hardly absorb any of it.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This year's big money maker is CBG they are finding a lot of new information on different cannabinoids every day.

We are running a 100% THC free, high CBG strain of hemp this year.

Personally I think most CBD products are rip offs. Not because CBD doesn't work but mostly due to poor absorption of it. I make my own CBD topical cream and if you don't use DMSO your body will hardly absorb any of it.
Damn... I just dropped a strain a couple grows back that produced decent levels of CBG. It was also high THC, but lab tests came back with over 2% CBG which I've never seen before in anything I've tested. Purple white lightning was the strain. Beautiful plant, really skunky with a hint of citrus... Oh well.

Wrt CBD, personally I can tell the difference between doing straight THC edibles vs 1:1 CBD/THC edibles. The 1:1 is much more relaxing and less paranoia inducing for me, for sure. But I still think CBD is being used like a snake oil in lotions and creams and bath bombs etc..

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Damn... I just dropped a strain a couple grows back that produced decent levels of CBG. It was also high THC, but lab tests came back with over 2% CBG which I've never seen before in anything I've tested. Purple white lightning was the strain. Beautiful plant, really skunky with a hint of citrus... Oh well.

Wrt CBD, personally I can tell the difference between doing straight THC edibles vs 1:1 CBD/THC edibles. The 1:1 is much more relaxing and less paranoia inducing for me, for sure. But I still think CBD is being used like a snake oil in lotions and creams and bath bombs etc..
It's called White cross 100% thc free and in the range of 18-22% CBG

Seraphine

Seraphine

I’ve used both CBD from hemp products (the legal stuff) and CBD from non hemp plants....the stuff I grow. The hemp CBD does nothing. The CBD I smoke from the buds I grow relaxes me and has some effect on me. I can’t speak on how it works for pain though.

R

redshift75

Im new my input doesn't matter. I have a genetic condition that impacts my CB1 and i guess cb2 receptor. if i dont consume THC i no longer can eat my micr-biome gut brain axis gets thrown in a tail wind and basically i get sepsis. I almost did die. So while ive used it most of my life, ive never gotten high. Not like all of you have. I have CN1, CN2 and DAGLA genetic mutations.

Had a clinician not told me to try MJ when i was near death in my teens(based on the times i wasn't sick i was recreational partaking, but since i never felt it did anything i never really cared to be part of it). because as it seemed every time i got better.... i was getting "high" although again it makes me feel "normal" and ive never actually experienced a 'High'. I was about 6'1" 91lbs and was being pumped full of chemicals and couldnt eat was on gtube. was on brink of death. high dosage northern light brownies are what saved my life that a friends mom made me when i said i think it will be my last option before i die.

Unfortunately because of the lack of RCT's its mainly considered unexplored and 'feel good science'. As such i have experimented with CBD exclusively and its effects at least for my medical needs did nothing. in fact if i add CBD to my THC regiment i feel like i have to smoke/consume 3x as much to feel balanced and not feel sick. CBD has never done anything for me. but it takes me understanding that we arent a one size fits all amoeba. so i have to assume just like i need THC to live from my endocannabinoid deficiency syndrome. Which i have to believe is real or ill end up back in state like i was half my life ago. So with my belief and understanding I have to assume someone out there may have the same need for CBD for their issues. With the amount of Genotoxins that can cause mutations. Who is to say how many mutations have occured in our endocannibinoid system from one genetic makeup to the next in the last 10 years not even the last 100-200

back to CBD
I tried to make my own CBD roll on cream and to test i did blind application and tested the results. What i found was the cream did more for my joint pain without CBD than with. Now im a one off case and i have to accept that. I think there are more people like me with such mutations that are vastly unexplored and because of this has the potential to have little or no effect. Im sure there is mutation variations that exist some people will find benefit from CBD. I just can say im not that person. when you factor in we can all have different genetic variants in the core endocannabinoid system genes CNR1, CNR2, DAGLA, MGLL and FAAH. who can really say what the impacts are from one person to another without identifying which mutation variant has an impact or no impact at all. Even when we look at the RCT's, trials, studies, etc they largely unexplored the genetic makeup of the individual only the results of a broad application in all individuals. Think if i was part of that study I can already say it would all have negative results. So i think til the science is expanded to meet mans capability and actually is explored further on that level we will never know what each mutations needs/impacts/deficiencies are. Thus our personal experiences are moot and the basis should be if it helps one person... & they find benefit, who is anyone to say there is no benefit.

Personally i feel like CBD is being done to normalize marijuana sales in society and as more and more people consume it, the more it becomes normal, the less chance and risk for society to continue the failed war on drugs. So even if it is a snake oil the benefits its creating in our society through normalization far outweigh the negative impact of it being a legal gold rush to exploit cannabis. For me its a genetic loophole much to the same standard analogues are used to bypass the schedule restrictions.

Just my take which doesnt matter and is TL;DR

if anyone wants to know the suspected root cause.

my mother while pregnant worked at a factory over lead vats used to cast parts? so it was you know 1000 gallons (im guessing off the rough dimensions she worked on a cat walk over the vat). This was back when they didnt require respirators or safety equipment for exposure. Compounded with i was born on the day of chernobyl when radiation hit levels never seen before it and not below that after it. So we have to suspected causes or in conjunction that had the possibility to create the mutations ive experienced. besides the million other things one can randomly be exposed to in life that have the endless potential for such things to occur. But those are 2 largely standout things I point to as the most likely reason. I jokingly refer to it as a "reverse superman birth"

Last edited by a moderator:
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Im new my input doesn't matter. I have a genetic condition that impacts my CB1 and i guess cb2 receptor. if i dont consume THC i no longer can eat my micr-biome gut brain axis gets thrown in a tail wind and basically i get sepsis. I almost did die. So while ive used it most of my life, ive never gotten high. Not like all of you have. I have CN1, CN2 and DAGLA genetic mutations.

Had a clinician not told me to try MJ when i was near death in my teens(based on the times i wasn't sick i was recreational partaking, but since i never felt it did anything i never really cared to be part of it). because as it seemed every time i got better.... i was getting "high" although again it makes me feel "normal" and ive never actually experienced a 'High'. I was about 6'1" 91lbs and was being pumped full of chemicals and couldnt eat was on gtube. was on brink of death. high dosage northern light brownies are what saved my life that a friends mom made me when i said i think it will be my last option before i die.

Unfortunately because of the lack of RCT's its mainly considered unexplored and 'feel good science'. As such i have experimented with CBD exclusively and its effects at least for my medical needs did nothing. in fact if i add CBD to my THC regiment i feel like i have to smoke/consume 3x as much to feel balanced and not feel sick. CBD has never done anything for me. but it takes me understanding that we arent a one size fits all amoeba. so i have to assume just like i need THC to live from my endocannabinoid deficiency syndrome. Which i have to believe is real or ill end up back in state like i was half my life ago. So with my belief and understanding I have to assume someone out there may have the same need for CBD for their issues. With the amount of Genotoxins that can cause mutations. Who is to say how many mutations have occured in our endocannibinoid system from one genetic makeup to the next in the last 10 years not even the last 100-200

back to CBD
I tried to make my own CBD roll on cream and to test i did blind application and tested the results. What i found was the cream did more for my joint pain without CBD than with. Now im a one off case and i have to accept that. I think there are more people like me with such mutations that are vastly unexplored and because of this has the potential to have little or no effect. Im sure there is mutation variations that exist some people will find benefit from CBD. I just can say im not that person. when you factor in we can all have different genetic variants in the core endocannabinoid system genes CNR1, CNR2, DAGLA, MGLL and FAAH. who can really say what the impacts are from one person to another without identifying which mutation variant has an impact or no impact at all. Even when we look at the RCT's, trials, studies, etc they largely unexplored the genetic makeup of the individual only the results of a broad application in all individuals. Think if i was part of that study I can already say it would all have negative results. So i think til the science is expanded to meet mans capability and actually is explored further on that level we will never know what each mutations needs/impacts/deficiencies are. Thus are personal experiences are moot and the basis should be if it helps one person... & they find benefit, who is anyone to say there is no benefit.

Personally i feel like CBD is being done to normalize marijuana sales in society and as more and more people consume it, the more it becomes normal, the less chance and risk for society to continue the failed war on drugs. So even if it is a snake oil the benefits its creating in our society through normalization far outweigh the negative impact of it being a legal gold rush to exploit cannabis. For me its a genetic loophole much to the same standard analogues are used to bypass the schedule restrictions.

Just my take which doesnt matter and is TL;DR
It does matter friend!
That’s why we are here, for each other and this beautiful plant:)

R

redshift75

It does matter friend!
That’s why we are here, for each other and this beautiful plant:)
Thank you ive never wanted to join a forum cause ive finally been able to go "legal" So ive never gotten to experience the dialogue outside a smoking circle. So you never know how things are taken with the internet. So i go into any post with the mindset as at the end of the day ill be flamed so i better be ready with some bud to flame myself ;) Which is largely why i dont get into forums cause seems half the posts i read via google by the 3rd or 4th post are so far off topic they end up 12 pages of arguments and opinion then constructive criticism on the topic. But THCFarmer as ive been lurking this grow season seemed really on point. Then it forced me to join as i reached my guest limit. So here i am.

So i truly appreciate that.

Edit: i hope one day to find a strain that i can actually feel what its like to be high.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I'm on the fence about CBD's benefits, if any. I tried it for a while as did my wife, but I didn't notice any improveent and my wife, who swore it was great, lost he rosiness after a few days and gave it up too. FWIW, we both get plenty of CBD from natural sources, so our observations are probably invalid.
FWIW, pure THC, without any CBD (as in Marinol) is NOT too pleasant once you get above a certain threshold. The CBD really seems to mellow things out instead of overwhelming you with alternating dizziness and paranoia... after smoking for 30 years prior. It was too much by itself, although I was a pig with it, I admit.

Top Bottom