cch2o UC-RDWC: 20x1000w

• Thread starter BCboys
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BCboys

BCboys

Nice work. I'm stoked to see you rock the fuck out of your new gear.

Thanks man. I'm pretty excited as well. This is my first room and my first grow, so i'm really nervous, and stoked to boot. Very happy to have access to a forum like this filled with experienced growers who can help me diagnose problems along the way. The amount of information on this site available through searches is incredibly skookum ;) Already been such a great help. cheers

AdvancedBioHydroponics

AdvancedBioHydroponics

Sweet setup for sure! Thanks for sharing. Did you mention the nutrient system you would be using?

Cheers!

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I'm in for the show.. Thanks for sharing, looks like your ready for things to blow up...

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Sick setup especially for your first room and grow... Good luck BCboys!

rvd

rvd

I nominate skookum as the word of the year.
hey capman whats new over there besides salt probs? here in wa we had a apple shed called skookum named after the skookum indians around here.great word.:)

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
hey capman whats new over there besides salt probs? here in wa we had a apple shed called skookum named after the skookum indians around here.great word.:)

Over here it's all skookum!

BCboys

BCboys

Sweet setup for sure! Thanks for sharing. Did you mention the nutrient system you would be using?

Cheers!

Thanks man! Running the Canna Aqua line.

Sick setup especially for your first room and grow... Good luck BCboys!

Thanks Shady. I look forward to your input, among others :cool:.

Just transplanted the clones from the drip into the UC yesterday. The plan is to veg the 24 clones in the UC and use them as moms. Picked up an ez cloner the other day so hoping to take cuttings sometime in the first week of august. Had a change up thrown at us mid-build and ended up getting the clones from a different source than originally we thought. Instead of having clippings of cotton candy kush, we ended up with 8 different strains (3 each) comprising the 24 in the UC right now. Over the next couple of weeks we'll be deciding which strains to run for the maiden voayage. Thinking of doing 3 strains total - 1 for each UC setup. cheers.

BCboys

BCboys

Here's a couple pics of the ladies vegging in the uc. Need an experienced eye and input for the second photo though...The stems are sprouting new growth all over the place on these things, but I noticed on a couple of them there appeared to be hairs/pistols shooting off the stem in spots? My concern is that when I recieved the clones and put them into the drip tray, they ran on a 24 on - 0 off cycle for maybe 3 days? then I picked up a timer and switched it to 18 on - 6 off.
So my question is this: is it possible that the change in light cycle from no night cycle to 6 hours of night could have induced them into believing it is time to flower? Since then it has been consistent 18 on - 6 off. Appreciate any help, cheers.

Go 014
Go 013
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
just a little pre flower. they will be fine.

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

So you weren't joking about this being your first grow, eh?

Kinda funny to see you start where most people dream of finishing their indoor grow career.

BCboys

BCboys

haha nope, it was no joke :) going hard. So this is something completely normal then? Thanks for the quick responses

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Totally normal. Most people see that their first month after cracking some seeds. The 'sexing' period.

I refer to them as being horny when they do that. They're fired up and ready to build those little lady humps.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
at least you know they are female.. for now..

Put them on 20on/4 off. Some strains will show preflowers at 18/6. don'e veg in 24 on all the time. plants need a little dark period.

BCboys

BCboys

Well things are coming along pretty smoothly. Still vegging the moms... hoping to get cuts by the end of the first week of august now, as long as theyre big enough to pull ~15 clones off of each strain.

I do have a couple of pics of what looks to be a mg deficiency, but I thought I would see what opinions the experienced eyes have. Just started to notice this forming on a few leaves of a few plants. maybe 10 leaves total on 3 plants out of all 24 plants. Looks like a few more are on the cusp of doing the same though, so any thoughts would be appreciated. This started perhaps 3 or 4 days ago. I should note that pH has been consistenly dropping .3 every day over the last four days. I notice mg doesnt become available until about 5.7-5.8 according to some charts i've been looking at, so this could make sense. pH went from 5.8 down to 5.5 the next day, then to 5.2 the next, then 4.9 today. I added pH up today to bring it back to a solid 6.1 to get more availability for the nutes lacking there. Hopefully this fixes the possible mg problem? When I added A+B on 22nd, I also added Calimagic, so there should be mg in the mix.

Any idea why the pH is dropping ~.3 / day? On the canna nutrient info booklet it mentions that root secretions in veg tend to raise pH, while in flower they are more acidic and lower it. These plants are on a 20/4 light schedule though, vegging. Any ideas? The ppm having been fairly solid moving from 360 to 340, and now down to 320. Dropping about 10-20 ppm daily. Other than these few leaves, the plants look fairly healthy. The roots are booming as well - they're much whiter than the iphone makes them appear with the HPS's on. Cheers.

Go 020
Go 021
Go 022
Go 023
Go 024
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
looks like you need some calcium to me. Also looks like you need more P. A lot of times when pH drops, it means they need more food.

BCboys

BCboys

looks like you need some calcium to me. Also looks like you need more P. A lot of times when pH drops, it means they need more food.

Thanks Cap. I bumped up the ppm's to 400 for the time being with my A+B. Going to do a full flush and re-nute tomorrow and aim my ppm's for around 500 total with A+B plus calmag.

Top Bottom