cch2o UC-RDWC: 20x1000w

• Thread starter BCboys
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigdaftones

bigdaftones

Looking good, very interested to how a novice does on dream equipment. Hopefully it's a heavy harvest!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
downward curling leaves can be too much air blowing over the tops of the plants. The RH here is too low and so the leaves curl down to keep from transpiring. I never noticed that it woudl affect flower production.

Are all the leaves curled or just the top sets? Whats the RH?

The other thing it may be is too much N.. but thats unlikely.

EDIT: I shoudl probably look at your pictures first next time before commenting.

Looks like a lock out. and heat stress. Rollin is dead on. How is the pH now? I would keep it around 6.0 if possible for a few days.

A full flush is not the greatest idea. You shoudl geve them a balanced diet at 25% of full strength as the flush instead.

BCboys

BCboys

Thanks for all the help gentlemen. It is very much appreciated, so please don't think my lack of responses indicate otherwise. Super busy as I'm sure you can imagine!

Cap, it was mainly the tops of the plants demonstrating the harsh down curling, however some fans throughout we're exhibiting the same symptoms. I ended up doing a full flush and readded nutes at low ppm. It's hilarious how little these plants needed...the more sativa dominant strain was literally standing at 7ft tall and bushy as an Arab, yet it was thriving at 150ppm of canna a+b with nothing else.

Anywho, things are moving along and I can fiiinally say that we're really close for the transplant of all 80 clones (4 strains). They are blueberry, blue dream (don't think it actually is...looks nothing like it), afghani x sweetooth, and a mixed up strain that seems heavily sativa dominant but don't know what it is...calling it platonic chronic :)

I transplanted 8 of the 12 mothers from the uc into 10g soil promix

BCboys

BCboys

Oops I'm on my phone and didn't mean to post that.

Anyways transplanted those 8 for dtw mothers, meanwhile growing 10 more clones from scratch to compliment them if they don't take.

I'm happy to report that both the ez cloner and the Rockwool worked out well, though somewhat delayed. (I'm no desert squirrel unfortunately). I'll be taking some good pictures of eeeverythong once this last week of little to-do's and transplanting is complete. Looking forward to the run and crossing my fingers that the strains produce!

Thanks for the continued help farmers. Cheers

BCboys

BCboys

Well it's finally time for another update. Still no DSLR pics though, just shitty iphone ones.

The plants are in the systems! transplanted all 80 on sunday and got all 6 res's (2 per system) and the UC's dialed in. Starting off nice and low keeping the same ppm's they were in in the ezcloner. 150 total ppm of canna aqua a+b. Only other additive so far was a miniscule amount of rhizotonic - 200ml/230g (2 x db32) and 100ml/120g (db16). pH set to 5.8 in all three systems and water temp in the 16 is at 66-68, and in the 32's sitting around 70.

**Anyone else have problems cooling a ucdbxl32 with 1 coolcoil? it stayed a solid 68 when I was vegging the mothers, but for whatever reason they seem to be hitting their low range around 70. I dropped the chiller res temp slightly so maybe that will have an impact.

Anways, I have every other light turned off (10) atm for the first few days here while they start to take to the UC. The lights are nice and high as well to minimize any kind of shock they might endure from switching from T12's to 1000w hps. Room temp is set and being cooled effectively by the 5ton at a low range of 72 and a high of 77, keeping the maximum temps just under 80. RH is running a little bit low, averaging around 37% with low's and highs around 30%/47%. Going to pick up a humidifier tomorrow morning to get it up a bit.

** one last note for anyone with input. The last big project I need to tackle this week is the building of trellis support. Our idea was to essentially build a pvc framed 3 dimensional rectangle.. with 6-8 legs and pvc connecting each leg at the base and the top. The first top would be around 3ft high (2 feet above the uc lids) and a second top around 6ft high. Then the plan was to either place scrogging nets/fencing across each top for 2 scrogs, or, forget the scrog idea and just have the frame to tie off branches and colas to and lst as best as possible. Now im considering doing essentially this still, but getting rid of the bottom part of the frame and just having the legs unattached at the base, and connected on top at 3 and 6 ft - just like a table. Then scrog the tops. If you can see any problems with these ideas that i'm not thinking of, your input is most surely welcome! Thanks!

Move onto the pics now and ill post comments above each one.

Clones in the cloner a few days before transplant.
Go 001
Go 002

Their Legs
Go 004
Go 005

The 10 backup mother plants in case the UC > soil transplant didnt take
Go 006

The clones the next day after i forgot plug the pump back in...FUCK. killed a few of them and a couple more died a few days later. Luckily I THINK I have enough still...hopefully they all take to the UC.
Go 008
Go 009

Couple shots of the room
Go 010
Go 011

A few plant shots
Go 012
Go 013
Go 014

Self-priming pump used for mixing nutes in the rain barrels.
Go 015

A look at the res setup. uniseals, ball valves and hose running to a T junction and gravity fed to the float valve. when one is empty, turn it off, turn other one on, and mix nutes in empty barrel.
Go 016
Go 022

Chiller manifold, res, and pump
Go 017
Go 018

The mothers (10g pot) on a dtw table. 14 ft long, 6" higher at one end, low end fitted with a drain port and hose to a shitty bucket setup that has me pulling out hair and mopping more frequently than id like.
Go 019
Go 020

The ballasts mounted up with timer in mother room for the 2k watt MH
Go 021

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Looking real good BCboys! I did my PVC scrog as you described without having the legs attached with horizontal pieces... It works just fine...

BCboys

BCboys

Thanks Shady! Ok, good to know. Can I ask what heights you set your trellis netting at and why? Many thanks

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I run the 8 gal uc buckets and have the first screen at 26" a.f.f. And the upper screen is at 58" a.f.f.

The lower screen is only useful until the stretch begins and the girls blow through it quickly... Also I've been manually placing strings on the upper frame instead of a full screen just to keep the colas from falling over... I might use a full upper screen next time, but individual strings seems to be a bit easier to manage...

BCboys

BCboys

Sorry I'm not familiar..what does a.f.f. Stand for?? So you prefer tying them individually rather than scrogging the tops? As noted, I'm new to all methods so out of curiosity why does this method make it easier to manage than the scrog? Appreciate the insights and first hand experience, thanks dude :)

BCboys

BCboys

Also, do you lst in conjunction with scrog typically? I'm doing it now to try and keep the larger plants at a more even level with the clones that got toasted and are recovering. If this is all in your thread I'll reread it when I have time, just say so :) thanks again

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Sorry I'm not familiar..what does a.f.f. Stand for?? So you prefer tying them individually rather than scrogging the tops? As noted, I'm new to all methods so out of curiosity why does this method make it easier to manage than the scrog? Appreciate the insights and first hand experience, thanks dude :)
No worries brah! It stands for "above finished floor" (a.f.f.). Yeah, I posted easy to follow details and dates in my thread. Essentially, I show the lower screen being used as a scrog during veg and once the screen is full, I flip the switch to bloom. During the first trimester of bloom, the girls will stretch and blow past that lower screen... Then I use the upper screen or individual strings to simply hold the colas and branches in place...

T

tipper619sd

looking good brotha very nice . Loving the setup looks very professional.

BCboys

BCboys

Good work, looking like a solid start! good vibes to ya

Thanks hogan! Whenever I read your thread my stomach drops at the problems you encountered..I appreciate the good vibes ;)

looking good brotha very nice . Loving the setup looks very professional.

Thanks dude. We actually did put a lot of thought and hard work into it, being our first setup and all. Thanks for the props!

BCboys

BCboys

No worries brah! It stands for "above finished floor" (a.f.f.). Yeah, I posted easy to follow details and dates in my thread. Essentially, I show the lower screen being used as a scrog during veg and once the screen is full, I flip the switch to bloom. During the first trimester of bloom, the girls will stretch and blow past that lower screen... Then I use the upper screen or individual strings to simply hold the colas and branches in place...

Thanks for the help shady. I've made two of the three PVC frames so far and will be finishing them today. I'll post pics tonight and you can tell me how it looks ;)

Top Bottom