CDC WARNING!!!!!!!!!!! About e-cig and vape cartridges

• Thread starter DistyDemon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Absolutely! Rosin is a concentrated form of flower not stripped of the goodies I need for medical relief like distillate is. Since rosin is concentrated, you need very little of it to provide relief. I still prefer flowers.
One of the problems that I have with flowers is the effect they have on my lungs, at least some strains. I grow everything myself and know exactly what goes into them, but some strains tear my lungs up so bad that I sound like the Wheezer guy from the Little Rascals. Black Diesel is the worst by far. I raise a 30+ year old strain of Matanuska Thunderf**k and it is the least irritating, but also the least potent of the newer strains. The MT strain used to be one of the "legendary" strains, but compared to the newer strains, it is like a beer compared to a shot of whisky.... BUT, it is the least irritating. As much as I hate to, there are times I have to use a vape cart to medicate. Coughing triggers other issues I have and the cart are less irritating unless the temp is too high or I make a pig of myself.
I try to stay away from them when possible, but sometimes it can't be avoided. It would be helpful for the vape mfgrs to list ALL the ingredients they use in their concoctions. I agree that he safest way to make this stuff is by making your own, but alcohol extracts also tear my lungs up and edibles aren't an option. Like most things medical, I seem to be behind the 8 ball a lot!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
And we had “boat”. Which was pcp sprayed on mint leaves in a celophane packet or already rolled into a joint.
Most of the stuff you mention is from the city area... NYC or Philly. The killerweed around here was sold by the Oz, at least with the guys I knew and was made locally. I'm not sure where the PCP originated, but might have been locally made as well. The local biker's were pretty handy with chemistry and have been supplying the western side of the state with killerweed, crank, and a bunch of other goodies that were all made locally. Nowadays I don't know as most of the guys I knew are gone, one way or another. It's pimarily rural/mountains in my region and not too many city dwellers are around... but still a lot of bikers etc!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Most of the stuff you mention is from the city area... NYC or Philly. The killerweed around here was sold by the Oz, at least with the guys I knew and was made locally. I'm not sure where the PCP originated, but might have been locally made as well. The local biker's were pretty handy with chemistry and have been supplying the western side of the state with killerweed, crank, and a bunch of other goodies that were all made locally. Nowadays I don't know as most of the guys I knew are gone, one way or another. It's pimarily rural/mountains in my region and not too many city dwellers are around... but still a lot of bikers etc!

Yeah I knew a bunch of Bikers and crooked atlantic city biker cops back then. The meth was made by the Pagans and distributed through the ac police dept. Used to go to their huge pig roasts when i was a teenager and young man.

And the new york mob had families in south jersey growing the real outdoor old school skunk weed. Went to school or knew from nearby towns with some of the more famous gangsters kids. Well infamous. They had houses in south jersey.

But with connections like these guys we could get some pretty rare stuff too. Imported maui wowie, black african ghanga, lambs bread, what they called hydro or “kind”. Lots of stuff imported from all over or just in the tri state area.

Also purple and grown microdots, red and blue windowpaynes. Liquid lsd by the vial. And 98% pure coke.

The real shame was the p2p cooked meth. No one should have ever taken that poison.

Man that was a long time ago.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Lmao, you are saying cannabis probides zero medical relief?
No, laugh all you want but what I’m saying is the state doesn’t give a shit if you or I think it provides “medical relief.” If they did this plant would be set free.
The purpose of “medical” is To get everyone on board so they can tax the crap out of it when it goes rec. and medical will disappear.
The state does not give a shit if your wife or husband or whatever gets relief from this plant.
Oh and just wait till your police department starts focusing on mj dui’s.
Their suggestion is if you smoke any amount of pot at all you should give up your driver license. Because your always over the limit.
How is one suppose to use marijuana and be able to live a productive life if they can’t drive anywhere?
Give it time you will see. And it never matters until it happens to you. Then they take away your right to smoke your “medicine” when your on probation. But I can be hooked on a fentynal pain pump no problem because it’s westernized controlled medicine.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

No, laugh all you want but what I’m saying is the state doesn’t give a shit if you or I think it provides “medical relief.” If they did this plant would be set free.
The purpose of “medical” is To get everyone on board so they can tax the crap out of it when it goes rec. and medical will disappear.
The state does not give a shit if your wife or husband or whatever gets relief from this plant.
Oh and just wait till your police department starts focusing on mj dui’s.
Their suggestion is if you smoke any amount of pot at all you should give up your driver license. Because your always over the limit.
How is one suppose to use marijuana and be able to live a productive life if they can’t drive anywhere?
Give it time you will see. And it never matters until it happens to you. Then they take away your right to smoke your “medicine” when your on probation. But I can be hooked on a fentynal pain pump no problem because it’s westernized controlled medicine.

Sucks but true.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Sucks but true.
And this same industry that is built on money has caused 6 people to die already. Why any company would be allowed to sell plastic dillutants inside vaporizing pens in the first place is the beyond the most stupidest things I have ever heard. Regulation is suppose to keep people safe. Except when there is$ to be made.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Yeah I knew a bunch of Bikers and crooked atlantic city biker cops back then. The meth was made by the Pagans and distributed through the ac police dept. Used to go to their huge pig roasts when i was a teenager and young man.

The real shame was the p2p cooked meth. No one should have ever taken that poison.

Man that was a long time ago.
Pagan Purple. It was their signature meth, but by the time it hit the streets, it was only slightly pink. Don't get me thinking about the coke. While the statute of limitations has expired, never incriminate yourself! :) They are still around and enjoying their style of life. Most of the older guys I knew have retired after serving time for all kinds of stuff.
Those were the days! That's probably why I have a lot of the issues I have today. If I thought I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself and not been a biker.

Ina

Ina

"One of the problems that I have with flowers is the effect they have on my lungs, at least some strains. I grow everything myself and know exactly what goes into them, but some strains tear my lungs up so bad that I sound like the Wheezer guy from the Little Rascals. Black Diesel is the worst by far. I raise a 30+ year old strain of Matanuska Thunderf**k and it is the least irritating, but also the least potent of the newer strains. The MT strain used to be one of the "legendary" strains, but compared to the newer strains, it is like a beer compared to a shot of whisky.... BUT, it is the least irritating. As much as I hate to, there are times I have to use a vape cart to medicate. Coughing triggers other issues I have and the cart are less irritating unless the temp is too high or I make a pig of myself.
I try to stay away from them when possible, but sometimes it can't be avoided. It would be helpful for the vape mfgrs to list ALL the ingredients they use in their concoctions. I agree that he safest way to make this stuff is by making your own, but alcohol extracts also tear my lungs up and edibles aren't an option. Like most things medical, I seem to be behind the 8 ball a lot!"
[/QUOTE]
Why not dry herb vape than?After I started using it I bought another one so I can have battery all the time:)And I stopped smoking joints completely.These cartridges, I don't like other added things like glycerin or whatever they add.I feel them like coffee capsules,if you have that machine you can only use their capsules.prefer to grind coffee beans and make my own coffee in normal coffee maker for every type of coffe :)There is also vaprozers just for oils......Mine is listed for both but I think it is better for flowers,i would get another one specially for oils only...….

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
"One of the problems that I have with flowers is the effect they have on my lungs, at least some strains. I grow everything myself and know exactly what goes into them, but some strains tear my lungs up so bad that I sound like the Wheezer guy from the Little Rascals. Black Diesel is the worst by far. I raise a 30+ year old strain of Matanuska Thunderf**k and it is the least irritating, but also the least potent of the newer strains. The MT strain used to be one of the "legendary" strains, but compared to the newer strains, it is like a beer compared to a shot of whisky.... BUT, it is the least irritating. As much as I hate to, there are times I have to use a vape cart to medicate. Coughing triggers other issues I have and the cart are less irritating unless the temp is too high or I make a pig of myself.
I try to stay away from them when possible, but sometimes it can't be avoided. It would be helpful for the vape mfgrs to list ALL the ingredients they use in their concoctions. I agree that he safest way to make this stuff is by making your own, but alcohol extracts also tear my lungs up and edibles aren't an option. Like most things medical, I seem to be behind the 8 ball a lot!"
Why not dry herb vape than?After I started using it I bought another one so I can have battery all the time:)And I stopped smoking joints completely.These cartridges, I don't like other added things like glycerin or whatever they add.I feel them like coffee capsules,if you have that machine you can only use their capsules.prefer to grind coffee beans and make my own coffee in normal coffee maker for every type of coffe :)There is also vaprozers just for oils......Mine is listed for both but I think it is better for flowers,i would get another one specially for oils only...….
[/QUOTE]
Vaping the dry herb produces the same irritation as the smoked flowers do. I have a dry herb vape machine and it still gives me the same irritation, although it is mainly with the Black Diesel strain only. Other Indica's or ativa's don't cause the same proble, or at least to that degree... but BD has me hacking every time. Obviously, I try to stay away from it, but the vape cartridges that I have been getting (CO2 extracted) seem to be much easier unless overdone/making a pig out of myself. AFAIK, this is a straight CO2 extract without additives and comes from a well known manufacturer, but until they figure out exactly what is causing the problems, I try to minimize my exposure. Most of Pa's medical products seem well inspected, but who knows? Originally they wouldn't let you smoke flower, only concentrates/edibles. Imagine if the oils that they previously mandated (instead of flowers) turned out to be the cause of the problems. Can you say BIGGER class action (bigger than the one that wll come from fallout of current vaping crisis)? Time will tell. Years ago I used to make an alcohol based extract that smoked like oil. You had to let the buds dry slowly until they turned golden, otherwise you got an emerald green potion that is full of chlorophyll. It worked amazingly well, but made you cough pretty badly as it was a straight oil smoked out of what looks like a meth pipe... back then they were known as oil pipes.
In any event, I hope things get resolved without it turning into another witch hunt. If anythig can derail the legalization effort, it is something like this to give the Public something else to be afraid of... fear rules!

Reactions: Ina
Ina

Ina

Vaping the dry herb produces the same irritation as the smoked flowers do.
I don't feel it that way,may be when I vape on the highest temps but still it is somehow cleaner than real smoke,at least by feeling.....I feel better,i don't cough but I don't smoke cigarettes(I was a smoker long time ago).But I should say I am really much left behind you with these things and I am not familiar with all these products you got there.Here I usually have buds,make RSO(I tried to smoke it but I feel its not its purpose) and hash from time to time.I don't know why but I still like just traditional well dried buds,i guess because its easier to:)From the oils i have that feeling I smoke pine resin,too heavy for me if I have to use it in pipe.Some of my friends try to make some BHO and their own cartridges for normal e-cig(are they different?),may be I would try only homemade with less other ingredients if possible.....I just don't trust anything else:)

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I don't feel it that way,may be when I vape on the highest temps but still it is somehow cleaner than real smoke,at least by feeling.....I feel better,i don't cough but I don't smoke cigarettes(I was a smoker long time ago).But I should say I am really much left behind you with these things and I am not familiar with all these products you got there.Here I usually have buds,make RSO(I tried to smoke it but I feel its not its purpose) and hash from time to time.I don't know why but I still like just traditional well dried buds,i guess because its easier to:)From the oils i have that feeling I smoke pine resin,too heavy for me if I have to use it in pipe.Some of my friends try to make some BHO and their own cartridges for normal e-cig(are they different?),may be I would try only homemade with less other ingredients if possible.....I just don't trust anything else:)
I guess I should say that vaping doesn't cause as much irritation, but vaping the damn Black Diesel also causes more irritation than any other strain. I' in my 60s, so I've tried quite a few things along the way, but I agree that something seems missing from most concentrates. The old alcohol extracts seemed to be the best/closest thing to smoking, but it is also one of the more irritating. Many extracts are too thick to work in vape carts by themselves and who knows what they cut them with to make it easier to use.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Pagan Purple. It was their signature meth, but by the time it hit the streets, it was only slightly pink. Don't get me thinking about the coke. While the statute of limitations has expired, never incriminate yourself! :) They are still around and enjoying their style of life. Most of the older guys I knew have retired after serving time for all kinds of stuff.
Those were the days! That's probably why I have a lot of the issues I have today. If I thought I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself and not been a biker.

I have only admited eating barbecue :-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I guess I should say that vaping doesn't cause as much irritation, but vaping the damn Black Diesel also causes more irritation than any other strain. I' in my 60s, so I've tried quite a few things along the way, but I agree that something seems missing from most concentrates. The old alcohol extracts seemed to be the best/closest thing to smoking, but it is also one of the more irritating. Many extracts are too thick to work in vape carts by themselves and who knows what they cut them with to make it easier to use.

I get more or less throat/ lung irritation from certain combinations of terpenes. Too much lemon or lime and im caughing right away.

But then it clears out my sinus from the medical benefit. Lol.

But seriously. Maybe you have an allergy to the black diesel’s “recipe”.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
. . . Most of the older guys I knew have retired after serving time for all kinds of stuff.

AMEN! At 63, I don't know how or why i survived; Thus my avatar.
Don't get me wrong I am glad I stopped all of my bad habits except weed. I am sure i have not finished paying that health check i cash many, many years ago for many, many years. 😲

Top Bottom