Celtic's Blackwater and Raskals OG run

• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I'll get some pics up tomorrow but here's the scoop. I'm running 3 Blackwaters and 1 Raskals OG in a 12x6 room with 3 vertical 1000 watt bulbs. I built the room out much like my last one only I used insulation foam this time and I have ditched the hoods and the icebox. I still have a bit of work to do setting up an automated top feed and getting the portable ac locked into place and what not. I'm also about to order a tankless water heater. The hell with those damn co2 tanks!

I'm gonna stick to the same nute schedule I have been running, which is basically DD's nute schedule with a few modifications. This will be a fun run and I am really curious about how the Blackwater is going to perform. One of them leans towards the Indica side where as the other 2 are definitely more Sativa dom.

These girls are sitting in 18 gallon totes with a bit of hydroton on the bottom and then filled with Roots Organics Coco Coir. Hopefully I'll get some nice trees outta this. :harvest:

Rushoe

Rushoe

Nice bro look forward to seeing everything good choice of strains I have some black waters as well so it would be koo to see what they look like before I pop them. Also wanted to run my grow with roots organics coco I liked the way there soil was so I wanted to give the coco from them a try.Best of luck.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I can't wait to be in a place where I can build a room and not have to tear it down every 6 months. Getting things dialed in can be such a pain in the ass! My portable AC is not working right and it seems as though my drip emitter system is siphoning. I also took one of the Blackwaters down as it just seemed weak on a genetic level. My layout is as such and I promise to get some pics up soon.

Xo X-Plant
oX o-light
Xo

Am I correct in that a 1000 watt bulb generates about 3500 btu?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

So last night I was noticed that the Sativa leaning pheno of the Blackwater has not only autoflowered on me....it has hermied as well. :worriedNot a keeper, but hopefully with a few treatments of Reverse I can get some bud out of "it".

I will find out tonight if I have solved my vacuuming problem. After turning my portable ac off for a while she is back up and running smooth. Granted I only have one light on at 600 right now....hopefully once I am on a 12/12 the ac can pull it's weight.

I put my t5 next to the Raskal and plan on hanging it over her to help get some more growth out of her before I flip.

One more week of Veg.

Will this be a problem with the autoflowering plant? First time dealing with an issue like that.

PICS! Finally......

pic1: Build out
pic2: Completed
pic3: Rez and RO containers
pic4: Drip Emitter set up
pic5: Raskal in the front and Blackberry Indica Pheno in the rear
pic 6: Blackwater Sativa pheno (this is the one that auto flowered and hermied)
pic 7: Blackwater Indica pheno......she's a keeper.....I can smell it on her!

2011 01 01 21 06 44 243
2011 01 14 01 50 49 244
2011 01 14 01 51 01 706
2011 01 14 01 52 14 855
2011 01 14 01 49 38 491
2011 01 14 01 50 15 711
2011 01 14 01 53 36 555
badhalf

badhalf

nice job on construction i like the build, i need to build a veg room once i flip mine. thanks for the idea . keep up the good work bro!

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Decided to pull the hermie and not even take the chance. I added a t5 to get the Raskal a bit bigger before I flip and threw in a few other small plants. Should be flipping on Sunday. Kinda disappointed that I wound up with one good plant out of 5, but I suppose that's the way it goes when you take something from seed. From what I have heard the one good Blackwater plant I have is the dark purple pheno.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Decided to keep em in Veg just a lil bit longer. Trying to eek as much out of this as possible since I lost a couple of plants to weak genetics. I put a trellis up for the Blackwater, and I made a cage for the Raskal. Gonna do some green cleaning about 7 days into flower and thin em out a bit. I added 3 plants to the room and figured that putting them in between the lights was the best place for em. Two of them are Sour Kush and the other one is Corleone Kush. The Corleone has really taken off. Big fan leaves and hearty stems make this plant desirable IMHO. I can't wait to see what she buds like.

pic 1: Blackwater, this trellis is 4x6 and probably about 70% filled up

pic 2: Raskals OG, this is the bushiest thing I have ever seen

pic 3: Corleone Kush and Sour Kush, They have all been FIMed and supercropped.

pic 4: So much cheaper than buying a wall mount fan!!!:evilgrin0040:

2011 01 26 02 42 16 732 Medium
2011 01 26 02 42 26 754 Medium
2011 01 26 02 42 50 345 Medium
2011 01 26 02 43 25 846 Medium
mastacheeser

mastacheeser

gotta love them cali connect genetics
sound like everything i wana be running right now

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

@mastacheeser

Thanks man. Swerve has had his problems and I know a lot of people out there are mad at him right now, but I can't let that stop the fact that some of his gear is on hit. I kept a male on the Blackwater and plan on doing my own Bx with the really good Indica pheno that I have. I also want to cross it to the Raskal's OG to see what happens there. It'll be a while before any of that can go down.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

AWESOME! You have given me so much valuable insight into things in the past Sea. Thanks for joining me on this!

So my humidity levels are really low. I plan on upping how much water they are getting and possibly just leaving a bucket of water in the room. There are a LOT less plants and just as much light as my last run and two of the plants are by all means LARGE. They have been getting a gallon a day but I think I am slowly going to bring it up to 2 and see what happens. Any other tricks to raise humidity would be greatly appreciated.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Bucket or bin would be my first thought, too. Something with some surface area that allows evaporation.

I'm very glad to know that I've helped you, warms my heart.

B

BudLust

postin up subbed. def got sum trees there bro. good call on tossin the hermie.

-boomer

C

CALIPURP

lookin good love the setup i always wanted to try some Corleone Kush..:smiley_joint:

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
@mastacheeser

Thanks man. Swerve has had his problems and I know a lot of people out there are mad at him right now, but I can't let that stop the fact that some of his gear is on hit. I kept a male on the Blackwater and plan on doing my own Bx with the really good Indica pheno that I have. I also want to cross it to the Raskal's OG to see what happens there. It'll be a while before any of that can go down.

it seems as if he is still having problems with his gear,were those packs you have older?? hermis and autoflowers still popping up...yuck...like you said 1 out of 5...that is pretty bad imo...are your packs part of the old ones that cc is catching shit for already?? i was hoping to maybe get some of that original sour...lol even tho its FAR from original lmao

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Well the Blackwater bx hasn't been released so any first run is going to be unstable IMHO. I consider myself lucky that I have one good pheno. I have rooted clones from it so its something that I can continue to run. I also kept a very vigorous male so that I can bx if I want to later. I may cross it with the Raskal at some point as well.

I can't say I am upset about it. All it takes is one good plant. If I fall in love with her..
...I will keep her around.

Day 1 flower tomorrow. Let's see what these ladies do.

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

AWESOME! You have given me so much valuable insight into things in the past Sea. Thanks for joining me on this!

So my humidity levels are really low. I plan on upping how much water they are getting and possibly just leaving a bucket of water in the room. There are a LOT less plants and just as much light as my last run and two of the plants are by all means LARGE. They have been getting a gallon a day but I think I am slowly going to bring it up to 2 and see what happens. Any other tricks to raise humidity would be greatly appreciated.

Will NOT raise your humidity at all.. I tried that shit.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Giving the plants more water and having some around in a bucket wont? It makes sense to me that increasing the amount of liquid the plants get the more they will transpire. Also standing water left to evaporate has to go somewhere right?

I

IndicacannaJone

It seems like each person I come across running Blackwater are having all kinds of issues with hermies, and strange growth mutations. I hope your keeper holds strong.

Top Bottom