Celtic's House of Tree's

• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

@CelticEBE I'm digging your setup. I'm trying to hone my vert skills, so I can efficiently manage a similar setup. I was just telling a cat I'm probably gonna cross wifi alien with true blueberry, but I see you got the wifi alien Ă— blue dream already. That's definitely gonna be some interesting herb.

Two questions though...how are the platinum delights coming along???I just ordered some last night, so I'm hella interested to see what comes of yours. Any do's or don'ts or advice from your experience with that strain thus far???
Nothing that I can really speak of as they are still in Veg right now. Yeah the cross was accidental, but it was as Bob Ross would say "A Happy Accident". Frosty as fuck, with a fruity and citrusy smell. I will try to snag some pics and update this soon, just been a bit swamped with a few things and trying to have a life as well.

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

Who you telling brother lol...boy can I relate. My veg vert tent has turned into an absolute jungle. That shit needed to be flowered 3 weeks ago. Anyway, my platinum d'z should arrive sometime this week. I'll pop them ASAP and will be watching yours closely. Good luck with your grow!

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

So I guess it's time for a little update here. Ran into a few problems. A while back I did the stupidest thing ever.....I bought some cuts and did not quarantine them. I have been battling the borg ever since. Well after a horrible harvest in Room 1 I decided to declare an all out war against the fuckers. This is what I have done.

Veg: I went Nuclear on the fuckers. Avid....three days later Forbid....and three days later Floramite. I only had about .5ml of Floramite left so I added a little bit of water to the bottle and as a result I wound up frying things a bit. Girls are bouncing back and all leaf inspections have turned up with NO borg.....

Room 1: After the horrible harvest I set off two pyrethrum bombs.....three days later I set off another 3 bombs then proceeded to clean the shit out of the room. I then moved in the next round and have given them foliars of GreenClean.

Room 2: I spotted some of the little fuckers on one of my wifi's and ordered 5000 predators. I went with the longipes because they seem to do better in a wider range of temp/humidity conditions. Well about two weeks after I hit them with predators I noticed some webbing so I proceeded to shop vac the webs and hit them with a habanero foliar. There were a few smaller plants that were pretty bad so I chopped them and got em out of there. I am two weeks out and at this point I pray that they have been knocked back far enough where they do not destroy this crop.

Getting mites in a flip is a NIGHTMARE! As pissed off as I am at the guy I got the cuts from....I realize that I was the stupid dummy head who did not quarantine them first. Word to the wise...if you are in the Long Beach area....be careful of the guy selling cuts out of a big reefer box in his back yard. IMHO if you are selling cuts....you should have a handle on shit like that.

I will get some more pics up soon.

burn4me

burn4me

So I guess it's time for a little update here. Ran into a few problems. A while back I did the stupidest thing ever.....I bought some cuts and did not quarantine them. I have been battling the borg ever since. Well after a horrible harvest in Room 1 I decided to declare an all out war against the fuckers. This is what I have done.

Veg: I went Nuclear on the fuckers. Avid....three days later Forbid....and three days later Floramite. I only had about .5ml of Floramite left so I added a little bit of water to the bottle and as a result I wound up frying things a bit. Girls are bouncing back and all leaf inspections have turned up with NO borg.....

Room 1: After the horrible harvest I set off two pyrethrum bombs.....three days later I set off another 3 bombs then proceeded to clean the shit out of the room. I then moved in the next round and have given them foliars of GreenClean.

Room 2: I spotted some of the little fuckers on one of my wifi's and ordered 5000 predators. I went with the longipes because they seem to do better in a wider range of temp/humidity conditions. Well about two weeks after I hit them with predators I noticed some webbing so I proceeded to shop vac the webs and hit them with a habanero foliar. There were a few smaller plants that were pretty bad so I chopped them and got em out of there. I am two weeks out and at this point I pray that they have been knocked back far enough where they do not destroy this crop.

Getting mites in a flip is a NIGHTMARE! As pissed off as I am at the guy I got the cuts from....I realize that I was the stupid dummy head who did not quarantine them first. Word to the wise...if you are in the Long Beach area....be careful of the guy selling cuts out of a big reefer box in his back yard. IMHO if you are selling cuts....you should have a handle on shit like that.

:eek:damn bro thats shitty. sorry to hear that. hows the battle going now? hope you can get a handle on it. positive vibes to you and your ladies.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter

Just so you know I logged on just to give you a hard time lol. Haven't you gone through this before with our valley friend? How many times are you gonna go through this before you quarantine shit? "People selling clones should have their shit together" haha ya right...good luck with that one. Love ya bro...just had to rub it in...see ya Wednesday and don't forget the dog food ;). Btw remind me to quarantine you before I let you in my bug/disease free rooms :cigar:

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

So Rm 2 comes down in a few days. The predators did a decent job at keeping there numbers down. The Blue Dream x White Fire Alien cross is a beast.....and frosty as hell. Soon as everything is down bombs are going off and I am going to scrub the hell out of the place.
2014 05 27 190906
2014 05 27 190932

Rm 1 is looking good as well. I pulled a leaf from each plant and inspected. No sign of the borg! One of my Lemon Alien Dawg pheno's is CRUSHING it.....while my trusty WiFi is done. I don't know what the hell is wrong with her. I've seen no indication of Broad Mites....she just seems to have lost her frost. I am going to put her out in the sun for a little bit each day and see if that brings her back around. Otherwise it's time to move on.

Here's a shot of the LAD that I'm in love with......she STACKS like no other plant I have run. Shitty pic....I will be upgrading the camera here soon.
2014 06 02 015001

Veg: Well I took cuts of all my moms and dad's to just make sure I had this borg situation under control. I am popping rosemary seeds so I can have a few plants in the Veg room and they have been getting hit with Green Clean since I have gone nuclear. So far it looks like everything is good.....but I am NOT letting my guard down. Here's some shots of whats heading to Rm 2.

Banana's Foster from Golden Lion Genetics. I chose this strain because I wanna bring some nugs to the OrgnKid. That and I've been wanting to run some of @baba G's gear for a while now. They are ranging in structure a bit. Most of them are branching out really good while two of them are definitely more Indica dominant. This pic is of 6 of them in 3 27 gallon totes. There are a few Kosher Tangies in the background.

Bf

This is a fan leaf from one of the more Indica dominant Banana's Foster.
Bf fan

On the other side is Power Nap. Not too much difference in the pheno's here. They all look pretty similar except a few are throwing fan leaves that are bigger than my head.
Pn

Pn fan

I've saved a male from each and plan on doing some crosses in the future. Just need to set up some sort of isolation chamber.

Let's see...a few other changes. I've ditched the smart pots. Going to stick with the 27 gallon totes for the big plants and 5 gallon buckets for the small plans on the outsides. I made this decision before I read the article JK posted from Colorado University....and after reading it I am glad I did.

Also I have made the switch completely over to Veg+Bloom. I had some serious issues with what I was using before. Not sure if it got too hot or what the hell happened to it...but my plants were NOT happy. I'm experimenting with different bloom boosters and also trying out Terpinator.

Now....before I go back to work.....a little music.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

you might not believe me but 2 tsp of cinnamon and 3 tsp of dishsoap per gal of water
spray every other day for a week straight and those bitches will leave on their own
i use avid with the combo for veg and they leave ASAP

I've been hearing dish soap more and more here lately. I got a bunch of samples of green clean and I know it has palmolive in it...smells just like it. I think it also has Rosemary oil in it as well. Thanks for the heads up on the cinnamon.

:eek:damn bro thats shitty. sorry to hear that. hows the battle going now? hope you can get a handle on it. positive vibes to you and your ladies.
Pretty sure the war has been won.....but I'm keeping my eye out for Ninja's and not letting my guard down one fucking bit.

Just so you know I logged on just to give you a hard time lol. Haven't you gone through this before with our valley friend? How many times are you gonna go through this before you quarantine shit? "People selling clones should have their shit together" haha ya right...good luck with that one. Love ya bro...just had to rub it in...see ya Wednesday and don't forget the dog food ;). Btw remind me to quarantine you before I let you in my bug/disease free rooms :cigar:
I'm a recovering Alcoholic.....it takes me a while to learn my lessons. No need to quarantine me....if I even THINK I have come into contact with the borg I SHOWER ASAP.

Oh yeah @Danimal Chin ....FUCK YOU! Jerk! ;)

burn4me

burn4me

nice. let me know what you find to work best with VEG+BLOOM as your booster. im running it with silica blast and big bloom for veg. and want other options for bloom boost beside the +size. glad shit is getting under control for you. good luck with the rest bro.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

nice. let me know what you find to work best with VEG+BLOOM as your booster. im running it with silica blast and big bloom for veg. and want other options for bloom boost beside the +size. glad shit is getting under control for you. good luck with the rest bro.
I don't think you need the silica blast with the Veg+Bloom. From what I hear there is already a good amount of Silica in it.

The run I am finishing I ran H16 Fire (OLD FORMULA) at 1ml from week 2 to week 7. I also ran Big Bud powder from week 2 to week 5 then weeks 6 & 7 hit them with a homeade MOAB. I've got some rock solid nugs in that room.

The run I am on now I am using +Size and then hitting them with the homeade MOAB and +size.....also using terpinator through the whole flower period.

I'm gonna give hydroplex a shot as I've heard a lot of people say that the v+b/ hydroplex is the way to go.

burn4me

burn4me

I don't think you need the silica blast with the Veg+Bloom. From what I hear there is already a good amount of Silica in it.

The run I am finishing I ran H16 Fire (OLD FORMULA) at 1ml from week 2 to week 7. I also ran Big Bud powder from week 2 to week 5 then weeks 6 & 7 hit them with a homeade MOAB. I've got some rock solid nugs in that room.

The run I am on now I am using +Size and then hitting them with the homeade MOAB and +size.....also using terpinator through the whole flower period.

I'm gonna give hydroplex a shot as I've heard a lot of people say that the v+b/ hydroplex is the way to go.
i heard and read that same thing on hydroplex. its just a little on the pricey end for me. and i thought v+b had enough at first. but using it now in veg i see improvements. stalks seem healthier and since the heat is up round my parts my girls dont even care. no wilting just praying. and maybe its genetics but topping and pruning dont even seem to piss em off. they sure did b4. maybe i am wrong but it seems to be helping and not hurting so i figure ill keep it in there til 3-4 week bloom.

oh yeah and my ph was dropping too but since using the blast i havent had that issue. but i did also change from FFOF to promix. that might be reason for that one.
maybe i should just go with v+b and +size for a run. thanks for info

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

i heard and read that same thing on hydroplex. its just a little on the pricey end for me. and i thought v+b had enough at first. but using it now in veg i see improvements. stalks seem healthier and since the heat is up round my parts my girls dont even care. no wilting just praying. and maybe its genetics but topping and pruning dont even seem to piss em off. they sure did b4. maybe i am wrong but it seems to be helping and not hurting so i figure ill keep it in there til 3-4 week bloom.

oh yeah and my ph was dropping too but since using the blast i havent had that issue. but i did also change from FFOF to promix. that might be reason for that one.
maybe i should just go with v+b and +size for a run. thanks for info

I noticed with the +size that things swell up a bit later than if I use Big Bud....but they do swell up.

Are you using the tap or the ro formula?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

DIRRTY. heard the best about it so jumped on it.
Right on....I haven't tried the DIRTY yet. I use the V+B hard water and my stems are freaking SOLID...some strains I'm tripping on because they used to need all sorts of support while now they are so much hardier.

burn4me

burn4me

you cant beat that brother. i wonder if hard water version carries more silica?
at first i thought the v+b was missing some micros or something. but come to find out im an idiot and PH was messing with me. lesson learned. now i check my ph in the medium every other day or so. but i aint seeing that same rapid swing in promix like in FFOF. coco is where im eventually headed once shit is ok and i got my strains i have now down and decide if they are worth the keep or just find more. id like to get 5-6 different strains to work with. and always keep room for a couple potential ladies. i havent been growing long enough to really judge v+b compared to other lines but ii can say as a noob, it was the right choice for me.:cool:

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

you cant beat that brother. i wonder if hard water version carries more silica?
at first i thought the v+b was missing some micros or something. but come to find out im an idiot and PH was messing with me. lesson learned. now i check my ph in the medium every other day or so. but i aint seeing that same rapid swing in promix like in FFOF. coco is where im eventually headed once shit is ok and i got my strains i have now down and decide if they are worth the keep or just find more. id like to get 5-6 different strains to work with. and always keep room for a couple potential ladies. i havent been growing long enough to really judge v+b compared to other lines but ii can say as a noob, it was the right choice for me.:cool:

I've used AN, House and Garden, and Heavy 16....and I gotta say that V+B is where it is at. It is super easy to use, and costs a whole hell of a lot less.Not to mention I am not throwing bottles away all the time. My ph stays rock solid. For each flower room I mix up 54 gallons for three days. I set my ph to 5.6 and by the third day it has climbed up to 6.2. It does take more ph down for me to get it to 5.6 than other nute lines....but I really like the fact that I pretty much know what it's going to be the next day before I stick my meter in

Yeah....I'm a coco guy. I've been on the same coco for a little over a year now. I have a project coming up that I am going to try a chow mix on.

burn4me

burn4me

I've used AN, House and Garden, and Heavy 16....and I gotta say that V+B is where it is at. It is super easy to use, and costs a whole hell of a lot less.Not to mention I am not throwing bottles away all the time. My ph stays rock solid. For each flower room I mix up 54 gallons for three days. I set my ph to 5.6 and by the third day it has climbed up to 6.2. It does take more ph down for me to get it to 5.6 than other nute lines....but I really like the fact that I pretty much know what it's going to be the next day before I stick my meter in

Yeah....I'm a coco guy. I've been on the same coco for a little over a year now. I have a project coming up that I am going to try a chow mix on.
i did notice that about use of PH down too. thought it was just me. even with using tap it usually drops to 6.4- 6.6 everytime. and thats with the additives! you feed every watering? is that a coco thing? and read on the chow mix, i guess as long as you have good sources for the materials then itd be awesome. i just seem to see more of plain coco or some sort of ratio of it and perlite or similar product. but i wish you luck with it. i wanted to try super coco but shipping is nuts. and i refuse to pay same amount for shipping that the product costs. lol

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

i did notice that about use of PH down too. thought it was just me. even with using tap it usually drops to 6.4- 6.6 everytime. and thats with the additives! you feed every watering? is that a coco thing? and read on the chow mix, i guess as long as you have good sources for the materials then itd be awesome. i just seem to see more of plain coco or some sort of ratio of it and perlite or similar product. but i wish you luck with it. i wanted to try super coco but shipping is nuts. and i refuse to pay same amount for shipping that the product costs. lol
I feed Monday to Saturday. Sunday is Tea day.I give each room 14 gals of water, 4 gals tea, and 90 ml of Heavy 16's Finish.

Right now my ratio is 60% coco/ 20% Vermiblend/ 20% perlite. When I set up my next situation I will more than likely use Gold Label. Its a bit more pricey than Canna...but from what I hear there is better QC on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom