Celtic's mrdizzle inspired run

• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

So it's time for a new journal. This is my 3rd indoor run, and hopefully I will do mrdizzle proud. I will do my best to give all the details and I will post pics up as things progress a bit.

So right now here is the skinny. I have 18 plants that have been vegging under a 1000 watt Metal Halide. I will be transplanting them into 17 and 27 gallon strongboxes this weekend where they will live out the rest of their lives.

The Ladies

8 Blackwaters, 4 Trainwrecks, 2 Sour Kush's, 2 Alien OG's, 2 Apothecary OG's

The Room and Misc.

12x12 Sealed Room
4 cool tubes
4 1000 watt lumatek ballasts
2 lumatek HPS bulbs
1 eye hortilux HPS bulb
1 Digilux HPS bulb
control box
1/2 HP chiller
55 gallon drum rez for chiller
Hydrogen Pro CO2 and Hydro Innovations CO2 controller
Resistat and Wort chiller
6" inline fan
10" inline fan
8" duct muffler
4 18" Air King wall mount fans
9000 btu portable AC
55 gallon drum for Nutes

The Nutes

Veg

AN Sensi Grow A&B
CalMag
Multizen
Algen Extract
Roots Excellurator
Drip Clean
Pro-Silicate
Azos
Mykos

Flower
Heavy 16 Bud A & B
AN SensiCal (tapering down and cut at week 5)
AN Bud Ignitor (week 1 and 2)
AN Big Bud (week 2 to week 6)
AN Overdrive (week 7 and 8)
Phosphoload (week 2 and maybe week 7)
Carboload
Roots Excel (cut at week 5)
Multizen (cut at week 5)
Drip Clean
Mykos

Foliars

I alternate every three days with each of these. I spray with the lights on and either turn down the wattage or raise the lights.

Colossal Bud Blast w/Saturator
Nitrozyme w/Saturator
Liquid Light w/Saturator
Optic Foliar

I will update with some more pics after the weekend as I will be transplanting. I will also get some pics of the room itself and what I have done so far.

Celtics mrdizzle inspired run
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Celtic,
looks like you are off to the races!

Are you gonna do the hempy buckets?

One plant per bucket or multiples?

What is the optic foliar?

Looking forward to the action.

-TF

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

TF....yes on the hempys. 2 plants per bucket. The Optic was a sample I got from the local hydro shop. I like to alternate the foliars so the girls are getting something different each foliar.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Have you tried the hempys before this run? Is this run 100% hempy? I have a bottle of that liquid light, but I have not gotten into messing around with it yet. What is your take on the stuff? Do you know what the desired result of that foliar is? I really dig the Nitrozyme foliar. That is the only foliar in my current rotation, besides preventative pest control.

-TF

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

TF....this is my first hemp run. I like the liquid light. Really like the Colossal Bud Blast. I don't know why AN pulled it off the shelves.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

So after much deliberation, I decided not to do the hempys. I had initially planned to do this run drain to waste and decided to stick with the original plan. I feel like I would have more control over things with drain to waste than with the hempy route. I am running a few new strains to me, and I am using new base nutes. With all the unfamiliarity I think it would be a bad idea to run the hempys.

That being said I got a LOT done this weekend. Everything has been transplanted into their new homes and during the process the girls got dosed with the Mykos granules which are supposed to break down over the life of the plants. I went with a slightly different mix of perlite to coco than dizzle did, but it's pretty close to what he did.

2 cu ft Small Perlite
1 cu ft Large Perlite
1.5 cu ft Canna Coco

Here's some room shots for you guys to peep.

pic 1: 9k btu ac and Hydro Innovations CO2 monitor
pic 2: 10 inch fan and 8 inch muffler
pic 3: 6 inch fan
pic 4: other side of 6 inch fan and propane tank
pic 5: water chiller has been enclosed and ducting attached to 6 inch fan
pic 6: 55 gallon drum attached to water chiller has been enclosed with insulation board, empty spaces were filled with styrofoam peanuts. An additional 55 gallon drum next to it for nutrients.
pic 7: Installed bulkhead fittings to each base
pic 8: Drilled holes in the bottoms of the boxes and the tops of the bases.
pic 9: Room shot after transplanting. I connected all the bottom totes together so any runoff collects and then I can pump it out of an empty container that they are all connected to.

Still have a bit more work to do, like caging the beasts, hooking up automatic irrigation, and my CO2 unit, which should all take place this week.

Right now the lights are all at 600 but I will be turning them up to 750 soon. Didn't want to shock them.

2011 07 25 04 53 00 410 Medium
2011 07 25 04 53 11 747 Medium
2011 07 25 04 53 22 76 Medium
2011 07 25 04 54 29 745 Medium
2011 07 25 04 54 21 67 Medium
2011 07 25 04 53 58 107 Medium
2011 07 23 18 03 15 501 Medium
2011 07 23 18 03 47 887 Medium
2011 07 24 17 48 38 4 Medium
M

mrdizzle

nice brother I like what I see, great idea with the drain buckets

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Sick setup CelticEBE! It's like the calm before the storm... :cool

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Sweet Setup

Someone was busy last weekend, looks like an awesome start

mal

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Thanks for stopping by everyone!

So last night I got my Hydrogen in place and turned the chiller on. I really wasn't sure if this setup was going to work or not. I have the water chiller in the same room as both my water cooling rez and my nute rez. I cut a hole out of the wall for ventilation and then enclosed the chiller in insulation board. So far it's working like a charm. I managed to get the water temps down to 55 in less than an hour, looks like all that insulation paid off!

I also got the big line run for my irrigation, hooked my cool coil up and turned the lights up to 750. Probably going to crank up the CO2 Wednesday night and see if that will give em a good kick in the ass. As mrdizzle said in his booty clappin thread, things really take off in the high perlite to coco ratio. I expected a few days of lag when I transplanted but last night the girls were in FULL thrive with new growth reaching for the sky.

Another neat idea I think I had was using trash liners in the nute rez. No scrubbing or wiping it down between changes, just pull out the liner and put a new one in. The ones I got are clear so I can still see the marks I made on the inside of the barrel for water level quantity.

Still feel like I have a ton of work to do, but the end of it is in sight. Hopefully soon I will be able to get a full nights sleep.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Its a 2:1 ratio of Perlite and Coco. I have to water more often...but the perlite will allow more oxygen to the root zone.

bigdrty

bigdrty

Nice set up, I will also be making the transition to coco my self next run.
I was wondering why you went with Heavy 16 A&B in flower as to keeping it on Sensi A&B in Veg? also could you explain how you use Azos and Mykos, Do you follow per bag instructions? have you used these before?
Also love the idea of using a trash bag as a liner!
will be tunned in for this run.
keep killing it!

Drty..

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

bigdrty...I still had some Sensi Grow left over from a previous run so I am using it up. I may wind up switching over to Heavy 16, but I also want to give House and Garden a run.

I have been using the Azos and Mykos as per bag instructions, however when I transplanted I used the Mykos granules so I don't need to add the powder into my rez anymore. I used the Mykos granules on some mother plants a while back and they really had good vigor to them. I have also recently dropped the Azos as things are REALLY GREEN right now.

Room update: So I was mistaken about my chiller getting my water cooling rez down in temps really quick. I mixed up a batch of nutes and turned on the cool coil and temps weren't dropping, so I cracked open the insulation box and looked at the chiller, well the chiller said temps were down, but then they would rise again really quickly. I tried to turn on the CO2 and it wouldn't come on, so I checked the little screen filter at the water inlet to the CO2 generator and low and behold it was clogged. I cleared the clog and turned the pump back on and 5 minutes later it was clogged again. So a quick trip to Casa DePot was in order. I wound up getting a DIG inline filter that attached to everything I already had setup without having to get any new fittings. Installed it last night and cleaned it out an hour after it had been running. This seems to have done the trick and my water cooling rez dropped from 83 to 63 by this morning. Hoping by the weekend that CO2 will be cranked up, nute rez will be set at 68, irrigation lines will be in place, and cages installed.

There is new growth EVERYWHERE on these plants. All of the new fans seem to have more leaves than previous growth which tells me plant health is good. The Trainwrecks have 12 freaking leaves! I have seen 9....and rarely 11.....but 12?

I'm definitely in agreement with mrdizzle on the ease of moving your plants closer to the lights in this system. I have things really close right now and the plants are really loving the vertical lighting.

M

mrdizzle

hey bud you have any pics of them currently? I would say if they are 3ft you are good to go as you only need .5-.75# plants to really kill it

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I will post some pics here in a few days. My sights have been set on flipping this weekend so I will probably just stay on target with that. I've had a few minor issues with water cooling and I have to rework some things tomorrow. Want to make sure I am locked and loaded before I actually pull the trigger ya know. I will update on Monday.

Tony69

Tony69

CelticEBE. Thanks for posting your grow online. Could you explain the Hempy system you were going to run? I don't quite understand the system. I've been running in straight coco in airpots and find your system and Mrdizzles interesting I just don't understand the workings of it. Thank you.

Top Bottom