Celtic's mrdizzle inspired run

• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BudLust

how r the blackwater phenos working out for u? the one i ran seemed to be a stretcher

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

@Budlust

She stretched a bit, but I also hit them with Phosphoload to stop the stretch. It did exactly what my buddy said it would do....it stopped everything in it's tracks. I'm hoping to try out GoD's new product STOP as soon as it becomes available. I still have 5 BW beans to pop and may pick up another pack of something from Raskal here soon.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

What a weekend! Got everything down and trimmed. It's all hanging to dry right now. Despite the late clean up of the Sour Kush, it shined. Serisously dank dense big nugs. It foxtails a bit more than I'd like, but wow, she sure does put out.

I'm going to change up my nute lineup a little for my next run. Talking to a friend the other day and he seems to thing Overdrive is causing the foxtailing in one of his strains. I personally hate trimming foxtailed buds. I know it can be a genetic thing, but I'm willing to give some other nutes a shot and see what happens.

Not sure what I pulled this round, but the trimmers were all saying that it looks like I went over 9. All I know is that this was the frostiest, and biggest buds I have grown to date. Larf was minimal. All in all....I managed to impress myself a little.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

dont drop the overdrive bro. stuff is bomb, all media, almost all strains

my first guess as to the foxtailing would be temps

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

mastacheeser

I gave a cut of my Blackwater to a few different friends, who run different nute lineups. None of theirs foxtailed at all. I also have a good friend who said that hehad noticed the same thing on his Banana OG.

My temps were well within range and I had buds that were no where near the lights foxtail on me.

I'm pretty much done with AN for now. I'm not a hater, I just see so many better products out there. As I learn more about growing I like to change things up and see what works best for me. I have three runs under my belt and each one was a little different.

I've heard too much about MOAB to not give it a shot. I've also talked to several people about Monster Bloom and I'm going to be giving that a shot as well. Probably going to be sticking with Heavy 16 base and trying out the Prime as well. When GoD's nute lineup hits the market I plan on giving that a shot as well.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Well it's a wrap folks. I may post some bud shots, but overall I'm pleased as punch with this run. I wound up hitting 1.93 per light, which is better than my previous runs. I doubt I will post my next run on this site as it will be a OGRaskal and CaliConnection run and since Logic has banned both of them....it just seems pointless.

Biggest lesson learned on this run, stripping small stuff at the right time makes all the difference in the world. I would much rather trim big beefy buds than dime sized ones.

C

cheech

Interesting. Did you not strip one plant to see if their was an overall yield difference?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I'm sure it affected overall yeild, but more than anything I think stripping back plants right around 10 days into flower increases your bud size tremendously. My Sour Kush's got stripped back much later and I know it shocked her.

I do plan on playing around a bit with some different defoliation techniques. I read something years back that by constantly defoliating you can really push things hard.

C

cheech

What's the theory behind 2 weeks into flower, instead of at flip?

Also, congrats on 1.9 per light. I'm shooting for 1.5 on this run, but will probably get 1.25 as usual.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

My theory for day 10 is this. There is a LOT of vegative growth that still takes place within the first week of flower. This allows me to see what buds are going to develop and get good light, and see which ones won't and cull them. Sometimes I wish I felt comfortable with doing SOG with pistil whip pruning....but I just don't want to go over plant counts....at all.

M

mrdizzle

Ive found doing it at flip stunts growth, I like day 14-19, pretty much right at the end of stretch and right before real budsetting

or really rape them a week before flip and leave them be

M

mrdizzle

nice run too bro, this style is real easy and produces while not really going over board with plant count either

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Without a doubt dizzle. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm actually doing my next run in smartpots on a table with adjust a wings to get some more experience running horizontal in.

Soon I will be setting up a combo of vertical and horizontal lighting. Don't know how many more journals I will do....but I will definitely be lurking the Farm.

Oh and just a FYI for all of you. Keep an eye out on a company called APTUS. I went to the Long Beach Garden Expo and those guys really IMPRESSED me. I also spent some time speaking with Dan from CCh2o and plan on picking up a 4 site for mom's for a project coming up. I may run RDWC in the future, but I really want to be SUPER acquainted with the system before attempting a run.

sticky icky

sticky icky

I'm with ya for sure on prunin them babies up after a good week or two in I can't stand popcorny larfy bs the budsites deff don't develop to there potential in the inner canopy if u dont u know!

Top Bottom