• Thread starter outwest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Nice thread outwest.
I don't grow big trees, so a three gallon may not work best in all situations, but for low slung shruberies like I like it works well. I can easily move them about when needed.
I dilute my super soil for newly rooted cuttings only. I stage from Rapid Rooter plugs into 1.5 inch, then six inch, then three gallon bag. I prefer a good root ball from the small pots, then the bag develops a solid root mass which air prunes about a half inch from the bag sides. I sculpt the top so that water pools to the center when watering and does not run to the edge and out the bag fabric.

I feel that the more growers drawn to the organic super soil school of farming the better the world will be. It's easy, inexpensive, and low stress (for me). I love mixing up batches. About half the cost of FFOF. I don't know how many times it can be reused, but the number is greater than two.

I should add that I use rain water or spring water in the winter.
Good water is good.

Keep on growing.

Thanks for the thoughtful reply. I'm thinking about doing a sea of green in 2 gallon pots, root them for a week in plain soil then top them off with super soil and flip the lights.

outwest

Mogrow

Mogrow

Mo - What's your process for re-using the soil? Need to make another batch and would rather reuse. Danks!

outwest
well i have this kiddie pool in the basement, it's full of used soil, mind you it was pretty hot to begin with, only used once, so by my way of thinking it doesn't need a whole lot of anything. I'll put some sorta organic matter in there, maybe a bag or 2 of mushroom compost, some EWC and some sorta lime, dolomite or shells or something, maybe some DE and neem seed for bugs, maybe some more perlite. soe azomite if i could find where i find it:(
last fresh batch of soil i made got hot on me, i mean hot to the touch when you put your hand in it, about a week later is was good to go, plants are blowing up in it now... love me some organic dirt...

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
well i have this kiddie pool in the basement, it's full of used soil, mind you it was pretty hot to begin with, only used once, so by my way of thinking it doesn't need a whole lot of anything. I'll put some sorta organic matter in there, maybe a bag or 2 of mushroom compost, some EWC and some sorta lime, dolomite or shells or something, maybe some DE and neem seed for bugs, maybe some more perlite. soe azomite if i could find where i find it:(
last fresh batch of soil i made got hot on me, i mean hot to the touch when you put your hand in it, about a week later is was good to go, plants are blowing up in it now... love me some organic dirt...

Found a buddy locally who can hook up the cement mixer. . .said it can do 80 lbs at a time. :D

Gonna have us a dirt mixin party.

outwest

Top Bottom