Cheap alternatives to overpriced hydroponic nutrients

• Thread starter Chronic Monster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Thank you! Just to clarify i pre disslove in a bucket 120 gr. then add to the res. water. Same with the 72 gr. of calnit.

If this is right, all i need is my order to arrive. Plug and play!

I assume that is still cool to run Great White and roots execelerator and Hyrozyme. Or are these more Hydro store shake down tactics?
Thanks for your time.

If you are still using great white please take a look at my packs bro. You will save a bunch of $$$.

Hygrozyme and RDWC is not good. if you have a UC stay away from it. FOr all other applications its good shit.

Yes you can run those with the jacks.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hey guys,

This is an epic thread no doubt, lots of knowledge being dropped. I don't think a lot of people realize just how significant this info is. I've read through this as well as a few of the DIY nutrient threads on ICmag and also done a little research on ionic chemistry and the calculation of molar mass of atoms/molecules. Also played around with cannastats and hydrobuddy as well as checked out spurr's screen cast. I've always felt that the cannabis nutrient game is mostly BS, but was never sure or knew what to do about it. Once I found these threads I pretty much couldn't stop reading and researching, seriously, hours go by and I swear its only been minutes. I've been growing in soil since I moved out to cali a couple years ago and have mostly used CES with pretty good success until recently I had some weird crystalline precipitate fall out of solution in my micro that caused me some serious stress and problems to point I considered abandoning the crop. Long story short, I'm ready to try using my own ionic salts or most likely Jack's and the cal-nitrate/epsom. I've been using Roots Organics soil but would like to eventually transition to coco or something else thats more nutritionally inert. I know earlier in this thread someone asked if Jacks would be a good profile for soil and DS responded that it would, but I'm curious what the rest of you guys think. Also, just wondering, have you guys ever tried to explain these concepts to anyone who doesn't read forums or anything? Kinda funny sometimes...

I have been watering a true OG that was in soil with jacks. Its doing great so far (been 3 weeks)

Howstar

Howstar

If you are still using great white please take a look at my packs bro. You will save a bunch of $$$.

Hygrozyme and RDWC is not good. if you have a UC stay away from it. FOr all other applications its good shit.

Yes you can run those with the jacks.

I have an ebb and flow set up, so I will keep using it. I will have to have a look at your packs. Thanks! Each day on here helps me become a better farmer.

Tony69

Tony69

I just finished a run with Jack's Hydro and Epsom salt. 3.0 and 1.5 right to the end with no flush and they came out perfect. Excellent feed back on the end product.

I

Isisyogi

Capulator, I tried to pm you, but since I'm new I'm only able to pm moderators, or the like. I tried to post to you in "cannabis, a cure" thread, but it isn't posting.

Sorry to hijack, but figure my Qs fit in here:

Hi. I saw you posted something about using jacks classic 20-20-20 in hydro. Have a few questions if you don't mind.

I'm a new grower, running bubbleponics/Dwc combo (supercloset's system http://www.supercloset.com/index.php?c=product&m=index&d=36).

RO of 10-20

16 plant SOG of pineapple chunk

I've been using 1/2 tsp per gallon of jacks classic with 1 tsp per gallon of MagiCal to compensate for C & Mg.

That usually brings my ppm to around 420 (including RO).

Sometimes I add 1 tsp per gallon Aquashield and 1.5 tsp TOTAL of Sensizyme, bringing my total ppm to around 440.

Average temp is 75'-80' with about -10' during lights off
20-27% rh
600-660 watts (super lumens)
12/12
Feeding only during lights on every 3 hours for 15 mins.
Try to keep my ph @ 5.9
68'-72' H20
6th week of flower

When my lights were lower down, the plants directly under the light were lighter green than those on the outside of the lights, so I raised them up figuring that might be the cause. seemed to help, but I was also adding nutes, so not sure.

Every time I try to increase my nutes, my plants show nute burn, so I back off. I see all these other posts using the same amount of Jacks but at a higher ppm, so I bought new jacks thinking that I might have had a different batch, same ppm levels. Consensus seems to be that my ppm should be higher in flower.

My plants constantly show what I think is a potassium deficiency, margins burning and curling up slightly.

Recently my top cola leaves started to get necrosis, not the bottom leaves, researched it and think it may be magnesium overdose blocking mb. Not sure.

I generally follow Uncle Bens growing advice with using Jacks Classic, have another crop, same setup, that is on its 3rd week in flower using only Dyna-Gro Foliage Pro (per UB). That group is doing well so far. Clones vegged for only a week before the flip to 12/12, they grew over 2.25 feet in 2 weeks, now larger than my same SOG grown in Jacks that vegged for 2.5 weeks (they are now at 6 weeks flower).

I live in AZ so lack of humidity is a problem when my girls are in veg, I try to compensate with a humidifier, but it isn't a consistent thing. I know that's good for flower, but have concerns that lack of humidity during veg might be cause for concern.

My Trinity Supercloset came with technaflora nutes, when I originally used 1/4 strength and followed their feeding schedule it screwed up my first crop, it was a constant problem which is why I began to follow UBs advice using either jacks w/c&mg or foliage pro.

I've read many of your posts about nutes (thanks) and saw that you have also used jacks in hydro, but I think you're ebb& flow.

I still have all the technaflora nutes, and am thinking of adding either the boost or bloom to my jacks mix and just wanted to get your input. I know I need to increase P, just not sure if combining jacks with either will nute burn me or not.

Should I be trying to increase my overall ppm of nutes with just Jacks/magical? I'd like to boost up my buds. Think I saw a pic of your colas running jacks (might have been another poster), mine are much smaller.

I recently flushed with 1/4 nutes, but after 24 hours the ph raised high as did my ppm, so I emptied the rez and have run only RO through for the last 36 hours. Went from 5.8, 180 ppm, 67.9' h20, to 6.3, 215 ppm, 70.8' h20 (unusually high as I do the readings at same time daily). Now I'm planning on adding in Jacks again at 1/2 tsp per gallon (usually about 14 gallons now).

Curious what you think may be providing my P deficiency, if the Boost or Bloom may help? And also what may be causing my necrosis on only the top cola leaves? And the lighter green where the lights hit?

I have random clawing throughout my 3 crops too. And the leaves seem to develop either really light necrosis or white spots only mid leaf on the veins (mainly my foliage pro crop).

Would love your input. I have enjoyed your many posts.

Thanks for your time and energy.

F

faintfuzzies

I found this company call green leaf nutrients, they make formulas that are just about the same as some of the big guys like advanced and house and garden. If you request a sample they will work with you to get you what you need for a grow . I made a request and they are sending me enought nutes for a full 6 plant grow . all i had to do it buy a small package or grow formula for like $8.30 basicly to cover shipping and they sent the nutes for a full grow. It was a real great deal and if they are almost the same formula as advanced im sure i wil get great results. and they are way way cheaper. the only difference is the nutes come as a powder. I have been told liquid ferts you are paying mostly for water

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Capulator, I tried to pm you, but since I'm new I'm only able to pm moderators, or the like. I tried to post to you in "cannabis, a cure" thread, but it isn't posting.

Hi. I saw you posted something about using jacks classic 20-20-20 in hydro. Have a few questions if you don't mind.

I'm a new grower, running bubbleponics/Dwc combo (supercloset's system http://www.supercloset.com/index.php?c=product&m=index&d=36).

RO of 10-20

16 plant SOG of pineapple chunk

I've been using 1/2 tsp per gallon of jacks classic with 1 tsp per gallon of MagiCal to compensate for C & Mg.

That usually brings my ppm to around 420 (including RO).

Sometimes I add 1 tsp per gallon Aquashield and 1.5 tsp TOTAL of Sensizyme, bringing my total ppm to around 440.

Average temp is 75'-80' with about -10' during lights off
20-27% rh
600-660 watts (super lumens)
12/12
Feeding only during lights on every 3 hours for 15 mins.
Try to keep my ph @ 5.9
68'-72' H20
6th week of flower

When my lights were lower down, the plants directly under the light were lighter green than those on the outside of the lights, so I raised them up figuring that might be the cause. seemed to help, but I was also adding nutes, so not sure.

Every time I try to increase my nutes, my plants show nute burn, so I back off. I see all these other posts using the same amount of Jacks but at a higher ppm, so I bought new jacks thinking that I might have had a different batch, same ppm levels. Consensus seems to be that my ppm should be higher in flower.

My plants constantly show what I think is a potassium deficiency, margins burning and curling up slightly.

Recently my top cola leaves started to get necrosis, not the bottom leaves, researched it and think it may be magnesium overdose blocking mb. Not sure.

I generally follow Uncle Bens growing advice with using Jacks Classic, have another crop, same setup, that is on its 3rd week in flower using only Dyna-Gro Foliage Pro (per UB). That group is doing well so far. Clones vegged for only a week before the flip to 12/12, they grew over 2.25 feet in 2 weeks, now larger than my same SOG grown in Jacks that vegged for 2.5 weeks (they are now at 6 weeks flower).

I live in AZ so lack of humidity is a problem when my girls are in veg, I try to compensate with a humidifier, but it isn't a consistent thing. I know that's good for flower, but have concerns that lack of humidity during veg might be cause for concern.

My Trinity Supercloset came with technaflora nutes, when I originally used 1/4 strength and followed their feeding schedule it screwed up my first crop, it was a constant problem which is why I began to follow UBs advice using either jacks w/c&mg or foliage pro.

I've read many of your posts about nutes (thanks) and saw that you have also used jacks in hydro, but I think you're ebb& flow.

I still have all the technaflora nutes, and am thinking of adding either the boost or bloom to my jacks mix and just wanted to get your input. I know I need to increase P, just not sure if combining jacks with either will nute burn me or not.

Should I be trying to increase my overall ppm of nutes with just Jacks/magical? I'd like to boost up my buds. Think I saw a pic of your colas running jacks (might have been another poster), mine are much smaller.

I recently flushed with 1/4 nutes, but after 24 hours the ph raised high as did my ppm, so I emptied the rez and have run only RO through for the last 36 hours. Went from 5.8, 180 ppm, 67.9' h20, to 6.3, 215 ppm, 70.8' h20 (unusually high as I do the readings at same time daily). Now I'm planning on adding in Jacks again at 1/2 tsp per gallon (usually about 14 gallons now).

Curious what you think may be providing my P deficiency, if the Boost or Bloom may help? And also what may be causing my necrosis on only the top cola leaves? And the lighter green where the lights hit?

I have random clawing throughout my 3 crops too. And the leaves seem to develop either really light necrosis or white spots only mid leaf on the veins (mainly my foliage pro crop).

Would love your input. I have enjoyed your many posts.

Thanks for your time and energy.

this is a much better place for this post.I never used jacks classic. I used hydro and cal nitrate.

20% RH is too low. my guess is that is what is causing the downward leaf curl. Rig your dehuey with an autofill.

KISS> get some hydro and cal nitrate. Use as directed here in this thread. If you have a nute sensitive strain, cut down the nutes.

I would run at 250ppm and work your way up. I have an MPB right now running at .5 EC and the plants are doing great. bumped up to 1.0 EC for 5th week flowering to see what will happen.

if you can, start a thread in the infirmary with pics. that will help.

sdgrower

sdgrower

Cap,

Been using your bloom mix the last 2 weeks of flowering (Jacks 3 2 1 before) and its killing it. Thank you!
Can the calcium chloride be used instead of bleach to raise the ppm of chlorine to 4? Or would this throw off the calcium ratios too much?
Thanks again
:animbong:

B

Bluenote

I'm ( I think) the only one to mention Jacks Classic and I'm running soil /soilless mix ( dependent on mood) not hydro , The 20/20/20 is utilised for veg along with ca/mg , traces and molasses , 10/30/20 for flower with minor addititives..

sdgrower

sdgrower

Cap,

I can't find any info on the numbers to input into the nutrient calculator for the calcium chloride. Can you please let me know what they are?
Sorry to bother you and thanks.
:animbong:

tconch

tconch

organicness , what amount of the jacks did you use? also did you follow capulators formular with additives ?

organicness

organicness

organicness , what amount of the jacks did you use? also did you follow capulators formular with additives ?

I used 3-2-1 with hydro/calnite/epsom. The only additive I used is dead sea salt.

K

kushtrees

any RO users finding they need micro nutrients when using jacks. I just got my hydro and cal nitrate, was wondering if I need to grab any trace elements since I use RO. They have 2 kinds ive seen at JR peters, MOST, MOST with no boron, and soluable trace elements. The MOST looks about the same as the trace elements but it has 13% S in it.

ANyone try these or recommend one? if its not even needed I say f*** it im down to buy less

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

any RO users finding they need micro nutrients when using jacks. I just got my hydro and cal nitrate, was wondering if I need to grab any trace elements since I use RO. They have 2 kinds ive seen at JR peters, MOST, MOST with no boron, and soluable trace elements. The MOST looks about the same as the trace elements but it has 13% S in it.

ANyone try these or recommend one? if its not even needed I say f*** it im down to buy less

traces are already in the 5-12-26
pick up a bag of epsom when convenient in case you need a dash
that's it
kiss is the rule here, the more you add = the more likely you will f**k something up with antagonistic lock outs

fwiw

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

get it with the sulphur. sulphur plays a huuuuge role in making teh danky dank. its a pain in the ass to go thru this thread but it is mentioned somewhere. i think someone even had a good article or link on it.

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

get it with the sulphur. sulphur plays a huuuuge role in making teh danky dank. its a pain in the ass to go thru this thread but it is mentioned somewhere. i think someone even had a good article or link on it.

5-12-26 already has 250 ppm so4 in it
epsom salt is magnesium sulphate = mgso4 = magnesium-sulfur-oxygen if you require more s or mg

fwiw

Latest posts

Top Bottom