Cheap Led Worth It?

• Thread starter Funkadelic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NamekianKush

NamekianKush

Kind LED price is high ,I run my CREE LED Grow light , it's very bright .ESL-CX LED 9

But would you say that Kind is a good LED source minus the price? I'm getting it around tax time so price isn't an issue, I just rather invest in something I won't need to replace no time soon.

G

Growbigbud

But would you say that Kind is a good LED source minus the price? I'm getting it around tax time so price isn't an issue, I just rather invest in something I won't need to replace no time soon.
Kind is not the best LED source . what led chips they use ? LED chip brand is important for one led light quality .

NamekianKush

NamekianKush

Kind is not the best LED source . what led chips they use ? LED chip brand is important for one led light quality .

If I knew what LED chips they used, I wouldn't be asking any of you in here. I'm asking because I don't want to waste money on my first grow, which happens to be for my personal gain. I've looked at YouTube videos and Googled so much that I'm still not sure lol. I Definitely am not getting any Hps or the other one, so LED is something my mind is made up on. That's why I'm asking the Veterans here who know way more than me so that they can recommend a light I can grow with for my first grow. The two I liked so far is the Kind and the Diamond. The most plants I'd grow would be 4, so I'm not in it for the $$$$$....not yet of course lol. Whatever you or anybody recommend I will take into consideration and research it and base my decision off that.

Thank you for educating me.

keiksweat

keiksweat

Over priced shit mate.if your gonna pay for that,spend the equivalent on a few mars shit panels n do better with more spread.same Chinese chips anyway me thinks...

keiksweat

keiksweat

Over priced shit mate.if your gonna pay for that,spend the equivalent on a few mars shit panels n do better with more spread.same Chinese chips anyway me thinks...
If you've got a lot to spend and you want led,get apache tech or area 51.if moneys tight.and its gotta be led,go with a few mars panels.i run 2 mars 450 reflectors and do ok with em.ya get what you pay for.hps is better.i run a 600 hps in a cool tube,with panels as extra support.get lovley resin and nice icey buds like that bro.

NamekianKush

NamekianKush

If you've got a lot to spend and you want led,get apache tech or area 51.if moneys tight.and its gotta be led,go with a few mars panels.i run 2 mars 450 reflectors and do ok with em.ya get what you pay for.hps is better.i run a 600 hps in a cool tube,with panels as extra support.get lovley resin and nice icey buds like that bro.

I saw a pic of that Apache and I was in awe til I saw the price and said ahh.

NamekianKush

NamekianKush

Screenshot 2015 11 18 13 31 32

Would this be a good investment instead of getting two of those 450's?

NamekianKush

NamekianKush

@REALSTYLES, I looked at most of your thread....That light is Awesome! My hat goes off to you. I'm not that tech savy as of yet and to be honest, I'd rather pay you to build one for me just because you actually know what you're doing. With my schedule, I wouldn't have the time to do all of that. But I must say, those lights were blinding!

G

Growbigbud

Grow part 1:
C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Temp\%W@GJ$ACOF(TYDYECOKVDYB.png

Part2:

Part3:

Part 4 :
I got my cree led grow Panel from ecosunlite , and I saw their growing with panel with COB one ,CREE VS COB Panel ,looks awesome ,but it's out of my budget .

Junk

Junk

Kind LED price is high ,I run my CREE LED Grow light , it's very bright .ESL-CX LED 9
In comparison to it's competition, it's actually very low.

It puts out higher numbers than many other leds that cost 2x as much. The big boy has a built in timer, customizable spectrum, & you can time the spectrum. E.g. 30 minutes before lights off you can program the reds to get more intense to mimic nature.

I've always liked the Spyder BML's, the Kind K5 1,000 slaughters them at half the cost. & they run crazy cool. Barely a difference from the on temp & off temp.

Most people who are into led's have a favorite. I've read on here the Apache & Area 51 are the only ones some people will consider. I can't say the Kind K51000 is the best numbers wise, but I've seen it spank several other leds. & I think plant specific lighting spectrums are the next big thing.

I ran 2 of my current plants under LED for the last round. Veg & Flower, & i've noticed, that even though my HPS flowers (this round) are larger & harder, some of the strains produced more thc/trichs/resin under LED.

The WW though, did better under the HPS. Much stickier, smellier...a lot of resin production. So I think having the ability to precisely manipulate light spectrums is the future...& Kind is the only company I've noticed doing it.

NamekianKush

NamekianKush

@Junk, Thank you because my heart tells me Kind K5 750 is the way to go. I spent yesterday looking at YouTube comparisons between Kind and other LED's and I must say, Kind shut them down...but as always, people had their own opinions. I still have a lot to learn but come tax time, I'm getting that 750.

NamekianKush

NamekianKush

@indicabush, What's the difference between non-dimmable, direct & manual dimming on the Neosol DS? It looks amazing and about the same price as the Kind K5 750.

indicabush

indicabush

Ha,ha,ha..I was just reading the News on illumitex when your alert popped-up; this link should help you out or check out their Spec-sheet.

I use illumitex myself for 3 years now; the units I have are nothing compared to the new lights they have. Still and all I'm very satisfied to this day with overall results. When I'm not growing cannabis I use them other purposes pertaining to indoor gardening.

indicabush

indicabush

@NamekianKush ....Some time ago I started a thread back in April "LED Academy" if your interested in reading it; 43 page pdf download

Latest posts

Top Bottom