Check out my first ever grow thanks to you guys!!!!!!!!!! Correct me if I'm wrong??

• Thread starter helpmegrowbuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Have you tried it holding the buds above a trim bin asking because It does look rough and I do wonder about the weed being dry and the trichs easily falling off.

You may well be onto something I haven’t tried it so I can’t say one way or the other

Just wondering as you say it’s not as rough as it looks

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Please asked questions anything u think I did wrong
Leave feedback any is welcomed
Really looking for some reassurance
Thanks my people have a blessed day

•MY THOUGHT ON WHY THE TASET WAS BAD AND SMELL WAS NOT GOOD
1. DIDNT USE MORE NUTES EARLIER
2. DIDNT HAVE LIGHT HIGH ENOUGH (BUD ALMOST TOUCHED LIGHT)
3.I MAY NEED A BIGGER OR SECOND LIGHT FOR BETTER COVERAGE..
4. LET PLANT DRY OUT TO MUCH BEFORE FEEDING OR WATERING
5.LET HANG TO LONG AFTER HARVET SHOULD HAVE DID LIKE 7DAYS NOT 14 (DEFINITELY FEEL LIKE I DID THAT)

PLEASE COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS PEOPLE YOU GUY ARE GREAT HELP!
What strain was it?

H

helpmegrowbuds

maybe a bit of drying out in the middle of watering times, you want try get it so it doesnt dry up the soil. because if it does the plant will use up leafs as it doesnt have access to water and nutrients. overwise id say you did great for a first grow, much better then my first lol.
Thanks I feel like I let plants try out to much during this run.. I would wait until it was 100 percent obvious that the soil was dry. For me the top soil has to be really dry for ex: if I put my finger tip in the dirt I don't want any sticking to my finger. A friend said that was a little bit to long...I was letting it dry to much.
Any thoughts. also I didn't think I had light far enough due to limitations in the closet (fixed now) and I'm getting me some cal mag this time some weird things happened some curl up leaves light green spot popping up on plant.

H

helpmegrowbuds

Hey, It looks like you had your light on too strong through your entire grow. Your leaves never look happy and are shying away from the light. I personally don't get my light to full power until week 4 of flower and I'm moving towards week six instead. Planting in a pot that big to start makes it hard to know how much water / feed to give them. Roots don't grow into dry soil so having no way to know where your roots are you're are either over watering or under watering until the poor roots fill the pot. 65% RH in veg is good but lower into the 50's is better some like to drop the RH to 35% at the end. With high temps you need real good air flow make your plants dance in high heat, not rock and roll but a nice gentle dance.
Your absolutely correct I don't think light was to high particularly more then the lighter were to close at late veg..also I wasn't able to regulate the humidity till mid flower

H

helpmegrowbuds

What strain was it?
It was northern light does the job but the TAste and fell it bad not really good stuff but it was get be by not impress with quality of first grow
Also I may have dried too long idk if that effected the taste I didn't 14 days but some braches was braking when did snap test

H

helpmegrowbuds

Well done for getting over the finish line.

There’s a lot of droppy looking leaf’s I think you may have figured out your self you was letting them get to dry.

Good luck going forward 👍🙂
I couldn't figure out if it was the light or the watering smh still don't know to be honest ..leaning towards drying out!

A

alpha.ganjaguy

Also I may have dried too long idk if that effected the taste I didn't 14 days but some braches was braking when did snap test
this may be why you were not pleased with taste, imo taste and how it smokes is directly related to how you dry and cure, you could have an immaculate amazing grow and ruin it with poor drying and curing.

generally the best range is 60F/60% for 10-14 days, below is a great video about the process

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBN...com/&source_ve_path=MjM4NTE&feature=emb_title

H

helpmegrowbuds

A

alpha.ganjaguy

If you dry too quickly or too much you will often see reduced intensity of the smell and taste and often a harshness to it and not the greatest burn..

also as far as I know if buds dry below 55% the bacteria that play a part in the curing process die off and that's that.

similar to growing, it's all a balancing act

H

helpmegrowbuds

Hey o you guys recommend
This is one of your pics
See the top right where the leaves curling downwards that’s clawing

Good luck
Ooh ok that's so much for the lesson there... I was so worried about overwatering I end up under watering

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I was so worried about overwatering I end up under watering

Here's the best advice I can give you - "overwatering" is not "watering too much at one time" it is "watering too often".. You can water your plants with 50 gallons of water at a time, if you want. What you need to do is give the pot time to dry out in between watering..

Here is what I try to teach newer growers for proper watering techniques. When you go to water/feed your plants, make sure you saturate the entire pot. Generally folks look for about 10% runoff. This means you want 10% of what you put in, to come out the bottom. This means you've successfully saturated the soil in the pot and evenly and completely soaked it.

The important part, is making sure it dries out fairly well. This will happen a little faster in fabric pots as opposed to hard plastic pots, for example.

How do I know when it's dry enough or time to water again?

After watering and completely saturating your soil as mentioned above, pick up the pot. Heft it in your hands a few times. Get an idea of how heavy it feels. Use a scale if you really want to get technical. Do this once every day. Each day you will notice it gets a little lighter. When you go to pick up the pot and it feels super light (like 1/3rd or less of the weight when fully watered) you know it's time, or almost time, to water again.

Another tip is to stick your fingers down into the soil. Stick them in a few inches, down to the middle knuckle on your fingers or 2 or 3 inches deep, and feel for moisture. If you pull your fingers out and they're damp, give it a little more time. If you don't feel any moisture in there, it's time to water again.

The reason being for all of this is because these plants are highly susceptible to root rot and other pathogens in the soil. Stagnant water in the soil is a breeding ground for pathogens and bad bacteria. These plants really like a lot of oxygen in their root zone, and regular cycles of wet and dry help keep your roots healthy and happy.

In my years of experience and giving advice to people on how to grow, this is easily the most common thing people get wrong. So, don't worry so much about how much you're watering at one time. Worry about how often you are watering. Good luck! 🤠

H

helpmegrowbuds

Hey everyone I'm having trouble getting my closer under 80 degrees Any advice???
Please and thank you!!.

Top Bottom