Chem 91 Sk Va - Cali Connection Grow Journal

• Thread starter mrgrowguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Running a batch of Chemdog 91 SK VA's from Cali Connection in hopes of a keeper mom and dad. Will document the grow.

Environment:
60" x 60" x 80" grow tent by Apollo
600 watt HPS in hood
Fox Farms soil mixed with ample perlite and peat moss

Water: By hand.
Tent is located in garage. Lights on over night from 5pm to 5am.

Light cycle: currently 24 hours on

Current assessment: I lost "F" due to the helmet getting stuck on the plug material. I helped it out, but rot had set in on the corner of one of the first set of leaves. So it was too late, I tried.

Chem 91 sk va   cali connection grow journal
Chem 91 sk va   cali connection grow journal 2
Chem 91 sk va   cali connection grow journal 3
Chem 91 sk va   cali connection grow journal 4
Chem 91 sk va   cali connection grow journal 5

H

happy b

Welcome to the farm . I will tag along to see how these Chemdog 91 from cc turn out . I see you got some fire og as well and what's the other I can see is it mango tangie?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Good luck on your grow. I'm running some cali connection gear too at the moment. @drewski85 is right. Keep a close eye on them and stop all trimming and pruning 10 days prior to flip. I had a tahoeog fem throw balls near pruning sites a few grows back that set me back time wise. That's why I say that. I'm here for the show. Peace

drewski85

drewski85

Where u "hear" that?
not sure if your really asking me or being sarcastic. I've heard/seen grow logs, pics of c.c's gear here and many people reported nanners on flowers from week 4-5 or so. I got a freebie fem original sour diesel from the tude and gifted it to a fam member. It popped(no nanners) and he got a few zips of slightly fuel-smelling buds(which wasn't nearly as strong as what I know to be sour d) so I'm not sayin I speak from experience.
P.s-good luck with yours

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

I will definitely be keeping my eye on them. Growing is more than a means for me, it is my hobby, so I get the urge to check my babies almost every day.

I have read a LOT of negatives on many forums about CC, but you never know what you can find. There is a dispensary that sells seeds from CC and Sincity right next to me, so I don't have to order anything and I get to talk to the person that sells them. He knows the breeders personally. And I am such a huge fan of a few different chems and OG's. The Chemdog 91 sk va was simply a natural choice for me. Oh, the dispensary sells the CC seeds at $80 per pack of 10 otd and the SinCity seeds at $70 per pack of 15 otd. So I save on the price and shipping/time. :) I am getting into pheno hunting for personal breeding projects.

I did pick up a pack of SinValley OG as well as Tangerine Power. I hear great things about SinCity's male (blue power). I am itching to try the whitenightmare lines also, but that will come in time.

Thanks for the advice to let them veg 10 days before flip. I usually only give them a week after the last topping/supercropping/fimming. The extra 3 days can only do good, so I will do just that.

More specifically, I plan to take only one clone from each and they will go into the flower room as their clone counterparts are both rooted AND acclimated to my environment (out of the humidity dome and showing new growth). So each plant should only have 4-8 main colas.

IF, and this is a big IF, I find a stand-out male that is definitely a good candidate to pass good genes, I will make a few seeds. I tend to save 2 seeds from each original order "just-in-case," I'm kind of turning into a seed hoarder :)

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Welcome to the farm . I will tag along to see how these Chemdog 91 from cc turn out . I see you got some fire og as well and what's the other I can see is it mango tangie?

The mango tango (by Elemental Seeds) came as a freebie set of 2x REGs from the Attitude. The Fire OG is a local clone and so far I am unimpressed with the one I have at day 44 of flower. Low/medium yields so far, mild odor, kind of sticky, but not very. The calyx are starting to swell a little and they are covered in white trichs, but the leaves don't show much THC production. I have a GSC that has the TINIEST flowers, but everything is covered in Trichs - stems, leaves, etc.

I'm hoping for good taste and potency from those mango tangos. I should probably start a grow journal on those too.

Here's to hoping, Cheers!

H

happy b

I heard some good things about the sin mint cookies but I also heard afew guys claiming nanners on theirs . But theyr 15 packs,I like that . I also liked the look of theyr(sin city) the rem which is a blue dream bx . and I too have heard all the bad things about cc but iv also heard plenty of more than happy customers.

Pimp T

Pimp T

Yo @mrgrowguy I Grew These From CC Got A Nice Yielding Vigorous Beast That Smelled Like Sour Granny Smith Apple New Rubber Tire Literally. It Didnt Herm. It Was Pretty Good. I Grew A SinvalleyOG Fuely Piney Slight Blueberry About It. I Got Both Of Them Logged In The Sincity Section Right At The Top If U Wanna Check Um Out.

Last edited:
mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Yo @mrgrowguy I Grew These From CC Got A Nice Yielding Vigorous Beast That Smelled Like Sour Granny Apple Smith New Rubber Tire Literally. It Didnt Herm. It Was Pretty Good. I Grew A SinvalleyOG Fuely Piney Slight Blueberry About It. I Got Both Of Them Logged In The Sincity Section Right At The Top If U Wanna Check Um Out.

LOL, thanks for the info, I assure you, I read your journal before I bought the seeds! Thanks by the way for sharing your efforts!

I am also a big believer that (not all) but more often than not, hermies are a result of environment. Yes, some plants will be too sensitive to handle the nutes we throw at these plants and will herm almost every time, but I am running two very common hermie strains right now, the one in flower is GSC and it is all beautiful, TINY nugs, but beautiful! No sign of hermie 46 days in.

I have high hopes that I can finish the Chems without a hermie, I just knocked on wood in case you didn't hear that!

I used to grow in a stealth closet and the heat would be my biggest [hermie] problem. I had to be picky on the plants i ran in there. But so far in my new tent in the garage at night in the winter (so cal winter) no problems to report! (yet)

-

Last edited:
Pimp T

Pimp T

The Chem Was Strong I Didnt Have A Single Herm. It Took Nutes Great No Prob At All With It Except It Took 70 Days.And The Room It Was In Got Up To 82 For A Few Days. Actually Ive Grown About 5 Diff CC Strains Pre 98 Original Sour D (Which Was The Best I Ever Got From A Seed) Larry And Tahoe Chemdog 91 Never Had One Herm. @mrgrowguy

Pimp T

Pimp T

Sinvalley OG Wasnt The Greatest But It Def Wasnt Bad At All.Its Structure Was The Shit Zero Larf Super Frosty Super Strong Stems All Sincity Gear Ive Ran Has Been Nice I Got Some Sincity Gear Goin Right Now.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

nice! I am very glad to hear.

Also, the Original Sour D was the best ever for you? I have been searching for ideas for a good sour D if my NYCD doesn't pan out, though I think I have a winner :) :) Hopefully it tastes as good as it looks, it will be a prize for me.

Though, the sour D is one thing, I have been looking for a good night time thick indica and everyone is saying bubba kush, how was that pre 98?

Pic of my beginner seed gear. A good chunk are freebies, I will probably never run the Autos, for example.

IMG 0115

I've run more, just started collecting :)

Pimp T

Pimp T

I got lucky and found an osd that was clone only type quality if I could have cloned it id still run it to this day... if heard good things about the nycd. The pre98 was coffee chocolate dirt it was nice and they were all uniform ill grow it again one day I know its a keeper to be found in those. U got a pretty good line up. I grew autos a few years ago they are fast smell and look good but can never deliver on high and taste for me.

Last edited:
mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

@Pimp T ,

Did you find most of the Chemdog 91 seeds to be pretty uniform/stable?

Pimp T

Pimp T

Yeah they all were the same great structure from the mother I had needed no toppin all the stems were the same height

Top Bottom