Chem 91 Sk Va - Cali Connection Grow Journal

• Thread starter mrgrowguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

happy b

[QUOTE="mrgrowguy, post:I have noticed that I am very likely allergic to smoking cannabis pollen. Anytime I smoke anything that has hermied from any source (my grow or from a collective), I break out in hives. And some plants can irritate my throat. All controllable by Benadryl, but stil

Its more likely that the buds you had a bad reaction too were maybe just dried and cured poorly?iv heard many people complain about the quality from dispensaries.although collectives in general seem to have a better reputation.but im from uk so its all just gossip iv heard and am now gossiping about myself.
anyway mr growguy your killin these chems.good show!

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

[QUOTE="mrgrowguy, post:I have noticed that I am very likely allergic to smoking cannabis pollen. Anytime I smoke anything that has hermied from any source (my grow or from a collective), I break out in hives. And some plants can irritate my throat. All controllable by Benadryl, but stil

Its more likely that the buds you had a bad reaction too were maybe just dried and cured poorly?iv heard many people complain about the quality from dispensaries.although collectives in general seem to have a better reputation.but im from uk so its all just gossip iv heard and am now gossiping about myself.
anyway mr growguy your killin these chems.good show!

Oh, I wish it was the drying curing process. Would have saved me tons of bubble hash at the least. But no, I'm about 97% sure it's pollen from nanners. Never tried smoking male flowers straight, but I don't need to since I wouldn't smoke them anyways.

I've been selectively smoking different things, some with nanners on purpose to find out, and so far 100% of nugs with nanners set my allergies off, anything else and no problem.

Lol, when I first had a reaction I freaked out. I thought I was allergic to cannabis altogether! Thank god I'm not! If there is something to be allergic to, nanners are definitely not the worst thing ;)

Thanks for the kind words!

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

pics incoming

IMG 1283
IMG 1285
IMG 1286
IMG 1288
IMG 1290
IMG 1292

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

"B" is for Bananas.... unfortunately. I counted about 3 nanners on one branch, nothing else yet. She's comin' down early. "E" is still going, last of the female chems.

I caught these ones pretty early, the nanners were still almost white.

IMG 1320
IMG 1322
IMG 1323

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Even though far from cured, I have been trying some "B" and this is what I get out of it:

Harshness: high, sorry but it isn't cured well if any at all. Can't speak much about it because it really hurts right now :)

Potency: very high, definitely medical high

Type of high: almost all in the head. I just had some right now and I can think clearly, but my ears are buzzing. Feel nearly nothing in my body; shoulder area if anything. Mostly a sativa high with a little sluggishness added to it. My head feels heavy.

Smell: I hate the smell. Again, uncured. But the smell is definitely that nasty hermied spicy smell. Not sure if you know what I mean by that, but I do not like it and every hermie I have smelled the finished product of has this smell, in one way or another. IMO

Taste: Now here is the kicker. It has medium-lots of flavor. Not the best thing I have tasted but it is great! A sweet chem taste. Starting off with the chem and ending with the sweet. Very pleasant ye robust.

Yield: incredibly low, BUT I know a lot of it was my fault. About what you expect from those thinned out cookie crosses. I haven't weighed a batch of anything for a couple years so I won't have a figure. But altogether it was super low.

All-in-all, If it hadn't hermed it probably would have been great all around besides the yield. I did keep one male from this bunch and I hope it passes the best of the gene pool onto its progeny... THAT will be interesting to see.

PS: I have to take at least half a Benadryl each and every time I smoke this, or my allergies go crazy. :grumpy:

I think "E" is going to taste pretty damn good and I haven't spotted a hermie yet. But the yield is just not worth my effort (IMO). Even if it is low by my fault, the plant still stands about 3.5 feet above soil and looks like it won't fill a quarter of a large curing jar... and it's going to finish. So I still would like to see more. Even for personal smoke. If it BLOWS MY MIND in taste and potency, I will give it another go. But if is anything less than spectacular, no keepers in this bunch. We will be finding out soon :) well after drying and a proper cure. I will give a better smoke report for plants that don't hermie.

Last edited:
mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

OK, I am going to start this day off with a not-so-good post.

The last of the Chemdog 91 females threw nanners. I took a quick look and saw one banana, looked closer and there were little bananas starting throughout the plant. Since my allergies are bad with the bananas and my throat feels like it gets irritated and tightens, I can't take the risk of smoking any of this plant. I had to throw the whole thing away...

Not really upset, just disappointed. I remember the day I bought this pack, months of work ago, and thinking how cool it was to have OG Chemdog 91 seeds. lol, naive.

Total recap:

All females threw bananas, every one of them. Yes, I had a lot to do with it, well me and the weather. But either way, other plants did not have any problems, but every one of the females from this pack did. I was able to chose from a few males to keep and try seeding with. I found one and have yet to prove it. Future is inevitable.

I am officially closing this diary.

Good luck to all and feel free to follow on my other grows! The AK-47 is finishing up and the remember power load super promising.

MrGG

Last edited:
Top Bottom