• Start date
  • Tagged users None
eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

dude where u get those plant tags ? they look pretty nice there

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Hey gg I thought these were s1,no?

i got the seed pack for regular seeds from a local distributor that gets the gear directly from cc . Came in breeders pack. I've done a lot of reading on this strain, and it is tough to understand so much controversy, and I don't liked reading anything from swerve, he can seem elitist and that can be annoying to me, so I'm not 100% sure.

dude where u get those plant tags ? they look pretty nice there

They were from Amazon prime. Id get some links for you but I'm at work.

H

happy b

I,ll be curious to see how they turn out . I wonder what process was used to get the VA cut to regular seed form . I hope they are as good as I hear the original cut is.

H

happy b

I don't think swerves elitist I think he just thinks "if you don't like me and don't think my gears the best then your a tit who doesn't have a clue" iv never ran his gear so i cant comment and although we,v all heard the negative stories iv heard plenty of good reports aswell.

F

FooDoo

I have both good and bad hand in hand. His gear is def prone to Hermie. First "elite" seed company I ever heard of was Cali conn back when they entered the cup (I was rocking nirvana before that). I snagged up Tahoe og after they took 3rd but before they renamed it to buddah Tahoe og.

Out of those 16, a few herm'd but one was clone only worthy. I was a noob and didn't clone back then so no way to save it, but to this day its some of the flamest shit I've ever smoked.

And I completely botched the entire grow too cause I had no experience. Over fed. Burned. No vpd control, no co2. No temp or rh monitor. No trellis or scrog. Plant split down the stalk around week 6 and I used electrical tape to mend the two slivers back together. Just a horrible job on my part, and still flamer than almost everything I've smoked (I've never blazed elite only indoor, just the outdoor garbage).

I then popped deadhead from them. Only saw one dark green pheno in veg so took a chance and kept that and tossed the rest (prob wasn't a good idea lol). Its been getting grown for 3 years now by my old partner tho. People love it. I have pictures in the under current sub forum .

Flash forward to 8 months ago I went on a hunt for another Tahoe og. Only 6 beans popped, only 4 able to run. One turned out a complete herm and dusted my entire.room while making no smokeable flowers, 2 were average (fire to most consumers) and one was short and stout, smelled and tasted like strong ass skunk og. Top notch, wouldn't say clone only worthy to us uber picky type but damn close to it. (Also have pics in under current sub forum)

Moral of the story, there's gems hiding in his gear but there's always huge let downs as well.

His green crack freebie I grew made a 13 zip bush of top notch meds with only a 14 day veg.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

I totally agree with you, and thank you for your post.

I'm a firm believer that you van find fire anywhere, or at least it is possible as long as you don't have a strainthat sucks and somehow was worked to ibl, which you would think, what's the point of that, but hemp is a good example of that.

The hard part is finding something that is fire, AND that does not herm just by looking at it sideways.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

I don't think swerves elitist I think he just thinks "if you don't like me and don't think my gears the best then your a tit who doesn't have a clue" iv never ran his gear so i cant comment and although we,v all heard the negative stories iv heard plenty of good reports aswell.

Lol, well, I'm invested in that he does have some good genetics, and i do think that I will find some good buds in what I got.

And I do apologize about even bringing him/his company up. I don't mean to start anything. I should have kept it to myself.

There is a decent chance that I will run his gear again, but definitely not before I give a few others a try. Next up will be Sin City! After long consideration, I think I will run 15 regular tangerine powers. So many good reviews. And will give me room to re-run some clones for seeding and a last chance to prove themselves (last clone run the soil was too rich).

PS-not to comment specifically, but attitude goes a long way with me. I love nice, helpful people! Special thanks to all that have posted on my threads.

Last edited:
H

happy b

Agreed . been eyeballing blue power and the rem myself . got loads of beans to go through though so I doubt I will be buying anything in the near future unless something iv really been wanting becomes available .I'm supposed to be getting a cut of a fem Chemdog 91 skunk va x Chemdog D . I,ll be over the moon if I get it.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I got the Buddha TahoeOg going , took me 2 packs of seeds and 18months to find a stable lady that so far is the loudest smelling plant I've had in flower.
20150223 161352

I'm also running a mystery CC seed from swerve that is for sure an OG, based on smell , it's pure pine /fuel funk. That is very vigorous.
20150223 161712

Both these ladies had same veg time, but the og had to be topped more to keep it from stretching. I'm calling it overdrive og right now , and completely cloned out the mom in hopes she's a keeper so I can put her in production.
Can't wait to see what you show us. Best of luck.
Peace

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Agreed . been eyeballing blue power and the rem myself . got loads of beans to go through though so I doubt I will be buying anything in the near future unless something iv really been wanting becomes available .I'm supposed to be getting a cut of a fem Chemdog 91 skunk va x Chemdog D . I,ll be over the moon if I get it.

I was going to go out of my budget and buy some Blue Power, which was so good for Sin City, that they use it for a lot of their best crosses. I held back though, because I already have the Tangerine Power and the SinValley OG, both BP crosses.

So, I figured, I would just be using it to make my signature/personal male anyways, I might as well use a cross with another great aspect, like potency and funk from the SinValley and an energetic high with great taste from the TP. I figure... they did one extra step for me (take it as it is - already purchased). I can't wait to get a good male to cross with my XJ-13 though. Really, I think I will be focusing on this cross first, Tangerine Power(f) x AK-47(m), but we will see (my mind is never set until I start, then I see it all the way through).

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

@ShroomKing

Thank you, again. Those plants look amazing, really amazing. I was planning on running a batch of CC Tahoe's also, but that will come in time. Plus, I have a (good?) Tahoe cut that I have only run once so far. It was OK for me, but I really over fertilized her, so I don't think her potential was fully realized. Even with a beating, though, she did not herm and still put out a lot of trich coverage. I am likely to end up throwing it in the flower tent again to see if I can do better and give her a chance to prove herself on my next grow.

PS - some of those Tahoe/Alien crosses seem quite enticing too. Damn, there is just so much greatness to be had in the world. I wish I could have a large warehouse filled with an indexed clone library of every [worthy] thing I can find in my lifetime!! Could you imagine being the heir to such a treasure?! Sorry, my imagination goes off sometimes :)

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

First up, we have the bouncing baby boy, I am no expert in choosing males, yyyet. But I am going to play around! - oh, and about that previous post, sorry, as usual [now], I was [am] very stoned.

This is at the end of week 1 if I am not mistaken (#time-stamps).

IMG 0523
IMG 0524
IMG 0525
IMG 0526
IMG 0527
IMG 0528

And now, a new addition to the ring, we have "H" !

IMG 0521
IMG 0522
IMG 0533

And finally, a week 1 of "G", whom received a slight up-potting at the first confirmed sign of lady parts.

IMG 0530

Last edited:
mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

For the diary's sake, I changed my soil mix formula a bit. Now we are looking at around 50% ProMix, 25% perlite, 25% Fox Farm Ocean Forest, plus a handful or two of these: bonemeal, dried kelp, dolomite lime, and a pinch of epson salt.

This puts my runoff water at around 1300-1500 ppm.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Good evening all, got another BOY here, Chem "H"!

I am happy about this one because "H" has a much softer, thicker but still ultra hardy stem structure compared to the first male already starting to cluster a little. But here is the "H". Now, it is possible that I could have misread, it is still early, but I am pretty darn sure, one with the pics. The last picture shows the best IMO.

IMG 0561
IMG 0563
IMG 0565
IMG 0566

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

The other good thing, if this one for sure turns out to be a male, is it is very much structured like his sister "G", which has really thickened out stems now but not too much pith. Also, both pretty indica type leaves and stature compared to some of the others. Might make a good pairing to stabilize that specific growing structure. We will see as they move along a little.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Today, we have chem "A" just before getting THE TREATMENT, on its way into the flower room!

IMG 0573
IMG 0574
IMG 0575
IMG 0576

Status picture of "G"

IMG 0593

And, closing with the legend:

IMG 0598

Latest posts

Top Bottom