Chem D Bx3 and Sour Sister

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Digger

Ok, silly question time, does the D have long spaces between internodes and do you get the garlic smells while in veg? I'm getting ready to give one to a friend, I have 3, and I want to be sure I keep the one that might be closest to the real thing since I'm not taking cuttings this rip. I'll get some pictures up in the next few days to show what I am talking about with the internodes. Also, is the D a bushy plant? I have one that looks like it will be a better bush than the other two. I know it's not a light intensity issue regarding the stretch, they are under a 600w digilux MH in an adjustawing (which happens to be the best reflector I have ever tried), and it's only 18" above the canopy. Thanks and happy growing.

D

Digger

How's everyone doing? Time for an update. The chems are looking great, I just need to give them plain water for a few waterings, because a few of the smaller leaves showed signs of N toxicity, or it could be over watering. Either way, after they dry the pots out, they get just water. Today, I trimmed a few of the bottom leaves and stems and LST'ed almost all of them trying to buy some time while waiting on some new genetics to show up. Hope you all enjoy.

001 15

003 19
004 15
005 12
006 14
007 13
008 14
009 12
010 11
011 10
012 11
013 8
014 6
015 7

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
nice looking bushes you got there Digger!. To bad about the sour sister. Hope you had more beans of her. Mine are doing pretty good so far. I'll be pulling up a chair to check out the bx3.

D

Digger

Thanks justblazen, yep, I have most of the pack left of the sour sisters. I only started 2 or 3 just trying to get a sample of what she has to offer. I'll pop the rest when I have a little better set up. Thanks for dropping in.

D

Digger

How's it going? It's been a while since I last updated the thread, so it's time. These have had 12 weeks plus a few days of veg and will be flipped this weekend. I hope I didn't let them get too tall. Any help identifying pheno's would be greatly appreciated, even though I still think it's kind of early. I do have a Chemdog D that is easily 5-6 inches shorter than the tallest one. All the large plants range in height from 16-24 inches. The look a little under the weather because I let them get root bound, so now they are recovering in their new homes. We are going to flower them in 8-10 gallon modified smart pots. We are going to finish them out with compost teas, pura vida grow and bloom if needed. any and all comments are welcome! Thanks!!

Order of pictures:
Group shot
Outlaw Genetics (Triple OG Kush x DPD) x outlaw's Magic Merlin
Top Dawgs Chemdog D Bx3 (B)
Sour Turbo F3's made by a friend who worked the original line by Mota

The three amigo's, from left to right Moonwalker (A), Tahoe Alien F2, and Moonwalker (B)

Top Dawg Chemdog D Bx3 (B) top
Sunsimulator C4 x SS1
Top Dawg Chemdog D Bx3 (C) the short one
Top Dawg Chemdog D Bx3 (A)

Another group shot under 600w Digilux, hope to be able to add another 600w this weekend, if the temps allow it.

A lower shot to show how tall they are.

Enjoy!
002 18
003 20
004 16
005 13
006 16
008 16
009 14
010 13
011 12
012 13
013 10

004 16
005 13
006 16
008 16
009 14
010 13
011 12
012 13
013 10

002 18

D

Digger

hi everyone, it's been a while since I've updated the thread and I apologize for that. The chems are doing OK, definitely not at their best, maybe next time I'll have a little bit better soil for them to grow in. They look like they are cal/mag deficient and no matter what i do, i can't seem to correct the issue. I ended up giving them too much N, and it is showing in some of the lower leaves. Anyways on with the pictures. These are all Chemdog D Bx3's I don't have my pictures labeled this go round. When i do the final trimming, i'll take some proper pictures with labels and all. Any help on how to correct the issues will be greatly appreciated. I've tried tea's and General Organic's cal/mag supplements but nothing seemed to work. I've applied it to both the soil and foliar. I'm going to try foliar again with a slightly stronger solution. the pictures are from different times, currently they are finishing up their 3rd week of 12/12. The first 6 pictures are all TopDawgs Chemdog D bx3, the last ones are of sunsims c4 x ss1 and sour turbo. The last picture is the group shot under the two 600w adjustawings.
004 18
003 22
001 16
008 17
005 16
003 23
005 14
004 17
003 21
006 17
004 19
007 15

O

OG4UanME

Hey there Digger,nice setup ya got going, Ladies are looking identicle to my sistuation aswell. except i went the other route fed less thinking=nitrogen toxcicity. however i have the added burns on the fan leaves,aswell as possibly of root aphids anyways i think there getting better ill let you know whats up here shortly either way bro, good luck!

D

Digger

Thanks OG4anME! I think I under fed them all this time. Ever since I ran some hazes a few seasons ago and ruined them, I've been under feeding ever since. Next time around I should be able to do them a little better. Even though I'm organic, I may have a salt build up because I hardly ever got run off out of the smart pots. I need to take more pictures and update the thread. They look a little better, I'm just hoping the chems put on the weight later in flower. Right now they don't look anything like the triple OG cross and sour diesel that are going right now. I'll get some pictures soon and post them. thanks for dropping by!

O

OG4UanME

Good deal, ill be watching bro. toxcicitys and defeciencys are always a guessing game on my end hopefully thell turn out some chunky buds for ya! overall everythings looking good. based on your situation a may feed heavily a plant or two to make sure im going the correct route?

ftwendy

ftwendy

Nice tent digger. Clean.

The best advice I received on the ISP version of the bx3's: keep temps below 81 and do not water too frequently (apply a heavy watering, then allow them to drink until 75% dry and water again. Don't force water on them too early). They do not like acidity; in rockwool I was advised to keep things in the ph 6.1 range for best results. And add cal mag weekly... of course. Is it possible you are feeding to frequent, too heavy, and too acidic? Just some thoughts based on how your gals look.

I was frustrated about the ISP bx3 herm issues, but the keeper pheno from my start this spring is still circulating locally since people like the end product (contrary to her buds immature appearance, she is 70 day mature and quite strong). Big yield, too.

D

Digger

Good deal, ill be watching bro. toxcicitys and defeciencys are always a guessing game on my end hopefully thell turn out some chunky buds for ya! overall everythings looking good. based on your situation a may feed heavily a plant or two to make sure im going the correct route?

I'm going to start a tea tomorrow night, by then they should be nice and dry like ftwendy says let them get. I should have some pictures up in a few days.

Nice tent digger. Clean.

The best advice I received on the ISP version of the bx3's: keep temps below 81 and do not water too frequently (apply a heavy watering, then allow them to drink until 75% dry and water again. Don't force water on them too early). They do not like acidity; in rockwool I was advised to keep things in the ph 6.1 range for best results. And add cal mag weekly... of course. Is it possible you are feeding to frequent, too heavy, and too acidic? Just some thoughts based on how your gals look.

I was frustrated about the ISP bx3 herm issues, but the keeper pheno from my start this spring is still circulating locally since people like the end product (contrary to her buds immature appearance, she is 70 day mature and quite strong). Big yield, too.

Thanks for the advice ftwendy! From what you say, it looks like i will be dropping down to one light to lower the temps. I've been trying to keep them under 90 F, and still keep the 2 600w adjust a wings going but now that you mention the temp, I do remember reading that somewhere. I have about 6 weeks left so I should be able to salvage them. Before I turn off one of the lights, do you know if that is with CO2 also? I've been wondering to I keep more light with slightly higher temps or less light and lower temps. I think I need to go with less. I'll get some pictures up so you can take a look and tell me what you think. have a good one!!

ftwendy

ftwendy

I'm going to start a tea tomorrow night, by then they should be nice and dry like ftwendy says let them get. I should have some pictures up in a few days.

****DO NOT LET YOUR PLANTS DRY OUT: its a fine line between a 'wet to dry' cycle, and root damage from a medium that got too dry.**** Try waiting just a bit longer between your waterings...like 2 hours later, then apply your tea. It's not much, but that little extra drying period makes a difference in our pheno.

Thanks for the advice ftwendy! From what you say, it looks like i will be dropping down to one light to lower the temps. I've been trying to keep them under 90 F, and still keep the 2 600w adjust a wings going but now that you mention the temp, I do remember reading that somewhere. I have about 6 weeks left so I should be able to salvage them. Before I turn off one of the lights, do you know if that is with CO2 also? I've been wondering to I keep more light with slightly higher temps or less light and lower temps. I think I need to go with less. I'll get some pictures up so you can take a look and tell me what you think. have a good one!!

Plants cannot make food if its too hot... they close stomata, and slow transpiration to ensure they won't lose their water supply. If you must run both lights, try to find a way to get some cool fresh air in there. Or go buy some cooled hoods... not a simple change-out mid flowering, but maybe worth it for your finish.

D

Digger

I may have to drop one of the lights. I'm thinking the exhaust is too small to pull the heat out quickly and the a/c I have the tent hooked to, is too small also. My current set up has me around 85 F, and thats about as cool as I can get it. Even with a fan blowing the cool a/c air across the tops, it's still reading 84-86, which isn't too far from 81, but definitely not below it.

Top Bottom