Chem Dog History

• Thread starter JJ-NYC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Sweet - I am only concerned about 91 - thats it.
In a few months ill have some pics I was just blessed with what im told is the legit Chemdog 91 skunk va cut. I trust the guy I got it from as he was well connected and everyone knows him. Not gonna say names but if he wishes to speak on it im sure he will

H

hzd

2 more for now.
I am really having a hard time taking photos that are not completely pathetic or blurry.
Hopefully that first one there is good enough for people to make a distinction.
Some of the orange/brown hair at only day 50/55 is due to a neem oil spray around week 4 that left some hairs still a bit damaged. If I had not sprayed with the neem oil at that time, there would not be any orange on the hairs at this stage.

IMG 2678
IMG 2686
epitome

epitome

LoL so the contreversial hype continues eh, I thought JJ at @topdawg the high times #1 Breeder settled the contreversy? He said plain as day that he "created" the chemdog plant....from what I interpet, chemodawg was created to be a holy grail plant out of bag seeds that "needed" to be worked in order to be created into a "keeper"
...why does the Dog Bud mother that the seeds came from always get lost in the creation of this plant, what sticks in my mind from any source is that the pound these seeds came from was CHINGON so chingon the buyers over paid and we're extremely happy YET those bag seeds needed so much work to become the holy grail it is today, fuck the sizzle, potheads want steak, I want to pass out drooling like a dog from the "DogBud" flowers Chemdog came from or from the greatfull dead pound that was bought at the concert at a ridiculous price.....
Bottom line, most the work was already done for the Chemdog just like any bag seed holy grail clone only, it's guaranteed that the mother was badass already, so egotistical creators of plants need a needle to the dome and let gravity humble them...
Peace and creator Grease

green punk

green punk

Not to be a dick but that doesn't look like anything special:speechless:
However, on the converse side there are lots of things that look special in a pic that just are not. And they get hyped to the stars...and record amounts of money paid for seeds are the result. Just sayin, we have all seen it.

green punk

green punk

The marbling your referring to is in the d cut if its not happy
I've never got to run the "D". But the motorbreath we have has the same variegation exhibited in many pics of the D that are posted and, this cut I'm familiar with has been around since jimmy made first drop of the 'breath.

Last edited:
nocollins2k

nocollins2k

LoL so the contreversial hype continues eh, I thought JJ at @topdawg the high times #1 Breeder settled the contreversy? He said plain as day that he "created" the chemdog plant....from what I interpet, chemodawg was created to be a holy grail plant out of bag seeds that "needed" to be worked in order to be created into a "keeper"
...why does the Dog Bud mother that the seeds came from always get lost in the creation of this plant, what sticks in my mind from any source is that the pound these seeds came from was CHINGON so chingon the buyers over paid and we're extremely happy YET those bag seeds needed so much work to become the holy grail it is today, fuck the sizzle, potheads want steak, I want to pass out drooling like a dog from the "DogBud" flowers Chemdog came from or from the greatfull dead pound that was bought at the concert at a ridiculous price.....
Bottom line, most the work was already done for the Chemdog just like any bag seed holy grail clone only, it's guaranteed that the mother was badass already, so egotistical creators of plants need a needle to the dome and let gravity humble them...
Peace and creator Grease

Did you just invent this story in your head., and now it's on the internent for ever.

Where do people come up with stuff like this wow...

Krypto

Krypto

And where are we getting some of our facts here?
I'd say listen to the interview from Adam Dunn show. Chemdog, P-Bud, & AJ lay it all out FAIRLY CLEAR. . .AND the ChemWeed aka DogBud better known as Chemdog (dawg) was also called Diesel. Same exact plant (cut), ran by 2 crews. The Sour Crew & the Diesel Crew.
The OG story has a different cast, location, and timeline. Hightimes " the Bubba Kush story" lays it out.
Anywho...I love these genetics. They really have helped me over the years. And i love the legend of BOTH OG & CHEM. But, I'm not sure that they are the same. It's possible. Who know for sure? Ask them.

H

hzd

ok - so here is round 1 of photos.
sorry I am such a terrible photographer.
does this look like "Chemdog 91"
I am at like 50 days.

pics were pre 6 weeks - maybe day 40
sorry folks for any confusion
2 or 3 weeks left till its done.
I will post more in a week.
Bummer that the neem spraying at week 4
'browned' some of the site hairs wayyyy early

H

hzd

per JJ-NYC = 'OG Kush' (the original cut) came from an s1 from in a bag of '91 Chemdog in the Lake Tahoe area in 1996. (Page 1)

per DrFever = Og Kush is Chemdog renamed when it made its way to the west coast.
(page 8)

per myself right now: I am pretty sure both things happened. Using the Michael Jackson analogy put forth earlier in the thread so as not to hurt any feelings. The arm was cut off the 'king of pop' = Original Chem Dawg or 91 Chem if that is what you want to call it. This cut off arm = clone version makes it's way to the West Coast, some way. Then, also the the Tahoe OG from a bag of 91 Chem seed pops up, and other versions of OG pop up from seed pops from other bags as explained by JJ.

Here is my theory. Prove it wrong if you can - especially since pic and profile don't lie.

(call me a conspiracy theorist if you want - but I now believe even if JJ-NYC knew that a 'real cut' in fact did make its way to CA, he would never confirm it. He would still say the same old OG is from a bag of Tahoe seed story. Then of course some cut could have made its way without the knowledge of JJ, and so then he would also never tell the full strain "his-story" that way.)

I am trying to look at thing in like "Indiana 'strain' Jones" here; from a more ananthropological perspective in regards to how the plant really moved around and changed names. Any person can "say" what they want. The plants speak for themselves.

Like - Krypto - said, I am trying to kind of in a way as the 'strain' themselves...
Hi, hello there.. Dear... Chem Dawg strain and OG strain.
What is your true relation to each other? fakes? seed pops? clones? imposters?

I think it is important to note this distinction here after some net searching.
My cut is the Lemon Larry cut from Nor-cal from before Elite was around.
meaning my cut is named after the grower that held it = Lemon Larry.
Lemon Larry is just the name of the cut itself- not the strain.
just like the 'OGKB cut' of GirlScoutCookies is the cut to have.
but there is no OGKush in GSC, lol

Look folks - like it or not - my OG cut was not bought in some store or given from a hack to a hack - it was given from a reputable well-known grower, to another well-known reputable grower. This was after it had been held by the gorwer Lemon Larry in NorCal for years. Also, like it or not - to me - it looks very similar to photos of the Chemdog 91, and in all stages. I would not be making all these posts if I did not have a genuine interest in the honest truth. If the pics and profile of the Chemdog 91 did not look so close and seem such a match than i would not be here wasting my time. I have seen countless 'versions' of OG on the west coast and I know the Larry cut is not joke.

In other words, my cut has breeding papers to show its lineage and is a clone-only cut that did not come from a bag of seed.

Anyone else out there have any pics of Chemdog 91 in flower?

nocollins2k

nocollins2k

per JJ-NYC = 'OG Kush' (the original cut) came from an s1 from in a bag of '91 Chemdog in the Lake Tahoe area in 1996. (Page 1)

per DrFever = Og Kush is Chemdog renamed when it made its way to the west coast.
(page 8)

per myself right now: I am pretty sure both things happened. Using the Michael Jackson analogy put forth earlier in the thread so as not to hurt any feelings. The arm was cut off the 'king of pop' = Original Chem Dawg or 91 Chem if that is what you want to call it. This cut off arm = clone version makes it's way to the West Coast, some way. Then, also the the Tahoe OG from a bag of 91 Chem seed pops up, and other versions of OG pop up from seed pops from other bags as explained by JJ.

Here is my theory. Prove it wrong if you can - especially since pic and profile don't lie.

(call me a conspiracy theorist if you want - but I now believe even if JJ-NYC knew that a 'real cut' in fact did make its way to CA, he would never confirm it. He would still say the same old OG is from a bag of Tahoe seed story. Then of course some cut could have made its way without the knowledge of JJ, and so then he would also never tell the full strain "his-story" that way.)

I am trying to look at thing in like "Indiana 'strain' Jones" here; from a more ananthropological perspective in regards to how the plant really moved around and changed names. Any person can "say" what they want. The plants speak for themselves.

Like - Krypto - said, I am trying to kind of in a way as the 'strain' themselves...
Hi, hello there.. Dear... Chem Dawg strain and OG strain.
What is your true relation to each other? fakes? seed pops? clones? imposters?

I think it is important to note this distinction here after some net searching.
My cut is the Lemon Larry cut from Nor-cal from before Elite was around.
meaning my cut is named after the grower that held it = Lemon Larry.
Lemon Larry is just the name of the cut itself- not the strain.
just like the 'OGKB cut' of GirlScoutCookies is the cut to have.
but there is no OGKush in GSC, lol

Look folks - like it or not - my OG cut was not bought in some store or given from a hack to a hack - it was given from a reputable well-known grower, to another well-known reputable grower. This was after it had been held by the gorwer Lemon Larry in NorCal for years. Also, like it or not - to me - it looks very similar to photos of the Chemdog 91, and in all stages. I would not be making all these posts if I did not have a genuine interest in the honest truth. If the pics and profile of the Chemdog 91 did not look so close and seem such a match than i would not be here wasting my time. I have seen countless 'versions' of OG on the west coast and I know the Larry cut is not joke.

In other words, my cut has breeding papers to show its lineage and is a clone-only cut that did not come from a bag of seed.

Anyone else out there have any pics of Chemdog 91 in flower?

where did you source the above info from. I see you have page numbers atrached to the post.5

H

hzd

where did you source the above info from. I see you have page numbers atrached to the post.5

from this same exact thread.
page 1 is JJ post / page 8 is DrFever post
also in regards to the Krypto comment...

this is not the same Strain of OG. not at all. no relation.
see what I mean - lot of OG strains in CA. its just piggy bck on the og and kush name.
that is why it is so important I know the lineage of my cut!
The cut/strain that I have has no relation to the one in the article in High Times.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
from this same exact thread.
page 1 is JJ post / page 8 is DrFever post
also in regards to the Krypto comment...

this is not the same Strain of OG. not at all. no relation.
see what I mean - lot of OG strains in CA. its just piggy bck on the og and kush name.
that is why it is so important I know the lineage of my cut!
The cut/strain that I have has no relation to the one in the article in High Times.
I just don't get why it matters so much. Not gonna lie the cut you have doesn't look too special to me I hope my cut doesn't end up looking like that or im gonna be upset

H

hzd

I thought the pics looked similar to what I am running.
Still kinda think the nugget looks pretty similar, actually...
So I thought it was important - to lil' mistaken me -
to figure out any possible connection/relation.
That was all.

Thx to GrowGod and gravekat303 for clarifying and setting this to rest.
My bad. Sorry I got carried away there.
Guess I was just seeing what I wanted to see in my own mind. (I am good at that)
Did not mean any disrespect, or to disrupt the thread.
Honestly.

I know my grow skills are a wee' bit rusty.
Maybe people might have had different feedback with:
better grower, better photos, no spray issue, or danker pics from week 8? maybe not.

Well. sorry again for all the confusion. Signing off.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I thought the pics looked similar to what I am running.
Still kinda think the nugget looks pretty similar, actually...
So I thought it was important - to lil' mistaken me -
to figure out any possible connection/relation.
That was all.

Thx to GrowGod and gravekat303 for clarifying and setting this to rest.
My bad. Sorry I got carried away there.
Guess I was just seeing what I wanted to see in my own mind. (I am good at that)
Did not mean any disrespect, or to disrupt the thread.
Honestly.

I know my grow skills are a wee' bit rusty.
Maybe people might have had different feedback with:
better grower, better photos, no spray issue, or danker pics from week 8? maybe not.

Well. sorry again for all the confusion. Signing off.
You are good pimp just saying if you like it that's all that matters who gives a fuck about name and shit if it is what u like fuck the rest me included . just saying people put too much on names and gimicks.

Top Bottom