Chem Dog History

• Thread starter JJ-NYC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SPe G

SPe G

yea bro.. :)
I'll make Clearer,when i remember e's details,lol

is your Car n Bike thread still rocking! i expect so.. :)

177 days cold turkey from alcohol i will do 7 more months and thats the absolute limit :(
6 months nxt sat'^
Doc saidi gotta do 6-12 mths !

Last edited:
Junk

Junk

yea bro.. :)
I'll make Clearer,when i remember e's details,lol

is your Car n Bike thread still rocking! i expect so.. :)

177 days cold turkey from alcohol i will do 7 more months and thats the absolute limit :(
6 months nxt sat'^
Doc saidi gotta do 6-12 mths !
I'll pm you.

Back to the thread, anyone have bud descriptions of the real Chemdog, or photos? (I haven't gotten around to searching forums...that just occurred to me now)

Mudskipper

Mudskipper

Can anyone who knows describe the original Chem buds? Meaning what kind of flowers does it make, what do they look like?

The chem was a flopper. It needed support to stand up. The flowers were smaller and fruity in smell. I have no idea where/when the dog/dawg part got tossed into the mix, but the Chemdog/dog looks nothing like the the Chem from the 90's.
There wasn't digital cameras or cell phones back then, so finding a pic is pretty much wishful thinking. You could get into some serious trouble getting your negatives processed at the wrong photo shop. Just finding flowers in that era was next too impossible. # prices fetched a whopping 4800-5200 straight from the source. People paid it w/out a single complaint, and were always very thankful to get what they got. The indoor world has completely changed since then...

K

King Crimson

Hey People,
I'm new on here, from across the pond.
Don't wanna hijack the Chemdog D discussion but I may have just took a chainsaw to my Snowdog diesel and its mate Uchem,
anybody done these girls?

Be lucky people.

DrFever

DrFever

Chemdog IS a strain grown in Montana, sold in Colorado for years, purchased by a person in Massachusetts, during the time when the chemdog was in Mass, the chemdog in Montana and CO stopped flowing due to leo and was left alone with the "Chemdog" (person) in Mass, There were 12 original beans, two originals males. The first female became Chemdog '91, there were chemA and chemB phenos and then in 2000 Chemdog's Sister and Chemdog D were grown out and loved by many, The leftover seeds were brought back to CO to be grown out and now account for four more phenotypes. There are also many other hybrids including Geisel, Snodog, bubblechem among others. The SOURDIESEL is actually a sensi seeds 1986 Super Skunk grown out in VA for a while, brought to Mass. and a herm flowered this skunk and these accidental seeds were grown out in Albany and NYC and renamed the SourDiesel. (ps- Diesel is 91 Chemdog just renamed) Og Kush is Chemdog renamed when it made its way to the west coast.

greenboot

greenboot

IMG 9670
IMG 9679
IMG 9674
IMG 7674
IMG 7673
IMG 9678
IMG 9673
91 chem
IMG 9678
IMG 7673
Can anyone who knows describe the original Chem buds? Meaning what kind of flowers does it make, what do they look like? Pictures online can't be trusted.

I was told I was buying Chemdog one time, & the smoke was enjoyable. But I doubt it was the real deal, & the buds were very distinct looking.
these aren't my pics except the body shot on the silver floor,, thats my baby mom ,,and when she's done she looks like all of the above.. hopefully this should help you along with your quest
IMG 9670
IMG 9679
IMG 9674
[ATTACH
IMG 9670
IMG 9679

Last edited:
greenboot

greenboot

View attachment 548388 View attachment 548389 View attachment 548383 View attachment 548384 View attachment 548385 View attachment 548386 View attachment 548387 these aren't my pics except for the two bode shots on th silver floor, those baby moms are mines.. and when she's done she looks like all of the above.. hopefully this should help you along with your quest View attachment 548383 View attachment 548384 View attachment 548385 View attachment 548386 View attachment 548387
View attachment 548383 View attachment 548384
pardon the accidental double post

Mudskipper

Mudskipper

Wow. That brings back memories, greenboot. kick butt pics. It's like seeing an old friend after decades. Very very cool

Nspecta

Nspecta

Breeder
The chem was a flopper. It needed support to stand up. The flowers were smaller and fruity in smell. I have no idea where/when the dog/dawg part got tossed into the mix, but the Chemdog/dog looks nothing like the the Chem from the 90's.
There wasn't digital cameras or cell phones back then, so finding a pic is pretty much wishful thinking. You could get into some serious trouble getting your negatives processed at the wrong photo shop. Just finding flowers in that era was next too impossible. # prices fetched a whopping 4800-5200 straight from the source. People paid it w/out a single complaint, and were always very thankful to get what they got. The indoor world has completely changed since then...

@Mudskipper If you're in the PNW...maybe you are remembering the Chemo clone which I believe was also known as Chem...completely different cut then Chemdog. What @greenboot has pictured is definitely the original '91 Chemdog but it's not a fruity strain at all. It also puts on big chunky nugs on a lanky plant indoors and yields fairly well.

Mudskipper

Mudskipper

@Mudskipper If you're in the PNW...maybe you are remembering the Chemo clone which I believe was also known as Chem...completely different cut then Chemdog.

From what memory I still have of that cut, the one pictured above reminds me the most of the strain we just called the chem. The way it grows is very distinguishable. Either way, I'm very happy to see it ;) My friend who had the most experience w/ it is no longer around, unfortunately. I would've loved to shown him those pics, and seen his expression.

I'm supposedly working w/ the Chemdog/dog at the moment. It seriously throws down the weight, but looks nothing like the pics that greenbelt posted. Tbh...I don't know what to believe anymore. The gene pool is so vast now and w/ people tacking on names to varieties, they can sometimes carry on for yrs to that specific cut.

I've gotta a bunch of your Chemdog 91 crosses germinated at the moment. I'm hoping that I'll see a lot of the old tendencies of the chem I once knew shine thru.

onward and up

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

This is the first time I've heard Montana mentioned in relation to the Chemdog story - I've always heard the original Dogbud was grown in S. OR / N. CA. What does Montana have to do with anything?

Chemdog IS a strain grown in Montana, sold in Colorado for years, purchased by a person in Massachusetts, during the time when the chemdog was in Mass, the chemdog in Montana and CO stopped flowing due to leo and was left alone with the "Chemdog" (person) in Mass, There were 12 original beans, two originals males. The first female became Chemdog '91, there were chemA and chemB phenos and then in 2000 Chemdog's Sister and Chemdog D were grown out and loved by many, The leftover seeds were brought back to CO to be grown out and now account for four more phenotypes. There are also many other hybrids including Geisel, Snodog, bubblechem among others. The SOURDIESEL is actually a sensi seeds 1986 Super Skunk grown out in VA for a while, brought to Mass. and a herm flowered this skunk and these accidental seeds were grown out in Albany and NYC and renamed the SourDiesel. (ps- Diesel is 91 Chemdog just renamed) Og Kush is Chemdog renamed when it made its way to the west coast.

Krypto

Krypto

So my question is this... how can I get some bona fide chemdog seeds online? Who has the closest thing to the original cut?

william76

william76

So my question is this... how can I get some bona fide chemdog seeds online? Who has the closest thing to the original cut?
Why not try and get the cut?greenthumbs got c4 s1s, otherwise it would have to be a x of chemdog,but if ur in america u should be able to find the cut,good luck,76

Krypto

Krypto

Yeah I could probably find the cut in Colorado or California. But I am in Illinois. And the in MMJ laws suck in the state. I can get some stuff from Bodhi seeds, or top dawg seeds... I guess wherever you're at you can walk into a dispensary and just buy a Chemdog clone? I freaking wish :-)

Krypto

Krypto

I'm 2 strains away from completing my MMJ Garden. I got a slot for a uplifting OG Kush, and I sativa dominant chemdog line.

william76

william76

Yeah I could probably find the cut in Colorado or California. But I am in Illinois. And the in MMJ laws suck in the state. I can get some stuff from Bodhi seeds, or top dawg seeds... I guess wherever you're at you can walk into a dispensary and just buy a Chemdog clone? I freaking wish :)
Im in uk!no dispensarys here lol,but i do have the Chemdog D,thats why i thought maybe u could get it being closer,all the best,76

Krypto

Krypto

Ih, you got Chemdog D clone?
Do you have ANY good makes to hit the clone with?

william76

william76

Selecting an nl male for another project,may hit it with that just now.tryn to decide the next regular seeds to pop and get a good male from,then hit everything iv got with it,76

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Ih, you got Chemdog D clone?
Do you have ANY good makes to hit the clone with?
Have you ever smoked Chemdog D? There's a number of strains I'd rather smoke then Chemdog D... picky plant, stinks like a rotten asshole the high is to strong for most and they won't enjoy it.

Top Bottom