Chem Soda (test grow)

• Thread starter westcoast547
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
westcoast547

westcoast547

Breeder
Supporter
This is a grow journal from seed to finish of the Chem Soda strain. I'm starting 10 regular seeds and will be growing in soil and using General Organics nutrients.

The Chem Soda is a hybrid that I made using the clone only Black Cherry Soda as the mother and a chem dominant male from ohsogreen's Chemdog D bx3 as the father. The combination of a tasty, fast finishing, large yielding female and a super potent, large yielding male creates a strain that consistently produces above average yields with connoisseur quality.

The Mother (black cherry soda)

BCS_harvest_3.jpg

BCS_harvest_5.jpg

BCS_harvest_6.jpg

The Father (Chemdog D bx3)
chem_d_bx3_male.jpg

chem_d_bx3_male2.jpg

So far, I have grown 11 Chem Soda seeds. And I gave 10 seeds to my girlfriends uncle for him to try out. So I have seen about 20 or so chem soda plants (all from seed) reach maturity. I've noticed a pattern of 2 main phenos so far. The 1st pheno produces big, long, and dense colas just like the black cherry soda (bcs). The 2nd pheno makes big, dense, tennis ball buds that don't fill in to make a cola. Both phenos are covered in frost and smell similar to bcs. There were also some slight variations of these 2 phenos (like slight purple or pink calyxes) but at they end of the day those plants were still either single cola or tennis ball phenos. Here are some old pics of the chem Soda.
chem_soda_1.JPG

chem_soda_3.JPG

chem_soda_4.JPG

chem_soda_7.JPG

chem_soda_8.JPG

chem_soda_5.JPG

chem_soda_6.JPG

chem_soda_2.JPG

chem_soda_9.JPG

chem_soda_10.JPG

And now to start the show... I'm taking 10 seeds and starting the soak.
DSCN6158.JPG

DSCN6160.JPG

westcoast547

westcoast547

Breeder
Supporter
Thanks guys, yeah I'm pretty excited about this grow too because I have some new nutes to play with this time around. I'm gonna be using the complete General Organics line of products along with Botanicare Sweet (original berry) from start to finish. Let's see if I can bring them to their fullest potential with this diet.

w00dy

w00dy

Premium Member
Supporter
Looking good man!..

Should make some more and send in a couple freebie packs.. LoL

westcoast547

westcoast547

Breeder
Supporter
Hey guys, thanks for checking out my thread. All 10 seeds are already popped. But I went to Mt Bachelor for Winter Carnival and to go snowboarding for 5 days, so I have to wait til I get home before I have another update. For now all I have is a pic that I took right before I left. It just shows all 10 seeds popped and ready to be planted. (The seeds are now in rockwool, and my girlfriend is taking care of them til I get back.)
chem_soda_seed_germination.JPG

S

StonerScience

That mom is very Pretty! definitely gonna keep this on my radar.

420bliss

420bliss

man that sounds like a killer cross! hows the taste / smell ???

westcoast547

westcoast547

Breeder
Supporter
man that sounds like a killer cross! hows the taste / smell ???

Smells kinda like cotton candy and skunk. And the taste is the same except that it has a fuely aftertaste when you blow your hit out.

420bliss

420bliss

Smells kinda like cotton candy and skunk. And the taste is the same except that it has a fuely aftertaste when you blow your hit out.

damn that sounds amazing. are you associated with subcool, i thought Black cherry soda was hard to get?

U

Urbangrowths

Damn bro, lookin good!!! Ain't seen ya around. This where u been hangin your hat these days. Best of luck with this run. I'll be staying tuned in.
Peace

westcoast547

westcoast547

Breeder
Supporter
damn that sounds amazing. are you associated with subcool, i thought Black cherry soda was hard to get?

No, I'm not affiliated with Subcool or TGA. I guess the Black Cherry Soda just isn't as hard to get as Sub thought. I've had the clone since 2010. And I've shared BCS clones with lots of people, so it's out there. If you know which circles to ask in the medical community up here then you can get your hands on anything that's local. Even super rare old shit like pre SSSC Williams Wonder (originally from Williams, Oregon).

Damn bro, lookin good!!! Ain't seen ya around. This where u been hangin your hat these days. Best of luck with this run. I'll be staying tuned in.
Peace

Thanks Urban!! Yeah, I'm still around bro. Still doing my thing. I just haven't been on the boards in a long time. For now, yeah... this is the spot where I choose to hang my hat. But you should start seeing me at some of my old spots again soon.

Update: 2/9/12
I'm back from my snowboarding trip and have some picture updates for you guys. So far 7 out of 10 seeds are up and looking healthy. The other 3 may have been planted too deep but they are starting to come up now. One of the deeply planted seeds lost its cotyledon leaves as it was trying to shed its seed coat in the rockwool, but I think it might still make it. And the other 2 deeply planted seeds are doing just fine.

DSCN6283.JPG

DSCN6302.JPG

DSCN6299.JPG

DSCN6290.JPG

And here are some pics of a Chem Soda mother that I have in veg. The last pic is Chemdog D bx3 (on the left) and Chem Soda (on the right).

DSCN6314.JPG

DSCN6303.JPG

DSCN6306.JPG

DSCN6307.JPG

highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
Off to a good start bro...I will keep my eye on this one!

420bliss

420bliss

No, I'm not affiliated with Subcool or TGA. I guess the Black Cherry Soda just isn't as hard to get as Sub thought. I've had the clone since 2010. And I've shared BCS clones with lots of people, so it's out there. If you know which circles to ask in the medical community up here then you can get your hands on anything that's local. Even super rare old shit like pre SSSC Williams Wonder (originally from Williams, Oregon).

Thanks Urban!! Yeah, I'm still around bro. Still doing my thing. I just haven't been on the boards in a long time. For now, yeah... this is the spot where I choose to hang my hat. But you should start seeing me at some of my old spots again soon.

Update: 2/9/12
I'm back from my snowboarding trip and have some picture updates for you guys. So far 7 out of 10 seeds are up and looking healthy. The other 3 may have been planted too deep but they are starting to come up now. One of the deeply planted seeds lost its cotyledon leaves as it was trying to shed its seed coat in the rockwool, but I think it might still make it. And the other 2 deeply planted seeds are doing just fine.

DSCN6283.JPG

DSCN6302.JPG

DSCN6299.JPG

DSCN6290.JPG

And here are some pics of a Chem Soda mother that I have in veg. The last pic is Chemdog D bx3 (on the left) and Chem Soda (on the right).

DSCN6314.JPG

DSCN6303.JPG

DSCN6306.JPG

DSCN6307.JPG

you from oregon? i remember seeing some of your grows on budbook, you got me hooked on that blue city diesel. been lookin for more of your grows ever sense.

westcoast547

westcoast547

Breeder
Supporter
you from oregon? i remember seeing some of your grows on budbook, you got me hooked on that blue city diesel. been lookin for more of your grows ever sense.
Yep. I'm from Oregon. Thanks btw.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Very nice indeed, Westcoast. Ever since I heard of the BCS I have wanted it. Right up my alley it looks and sounds. The cross looks real good. Kudos brother

Keep it up

Peace

socalval

socalval

Those are some big ass fans .... i know its a lil pre mature but what circle can i get my hands on a cut of this baby . I dont think the soda ever made its way down south . I wanted the BCS bad not plush berry , now i want chem soda ! Keep up the good work .

Latest posts

Top Bottom