(Chem4xDeepChunk) X (PExHBxWHxAWW) Test Grow

• Thread starter pRiMo303
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pRiMo303

pRiMo303

UPDATE:
10 days after I transplanted from 16oz Solo to 1gal I have nice roots popping out the drain holes on all but the one thats in the smart pot. Since last post theyve been watered w Hygrozyme, then fed a higher dosage of Vital Earth (2tsp/gal) All Purpose Guano, and then watered/foliared benne tea (EWC, alfalfa meal, kelp meal, leonardite, and Caps bennes). Going to start hardening off and preparing to move under 1000mh over the next week.

Computer not recognizing camera. Have to reinstall drivers before I can get some pics up.

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

UPDATE:
On 6/22 (6 weeks from germ) I noticed fem preflowers on 2 out of 4. One looks like it could be a potential male, and the other is showing nothing. The one thats showing nothing I do hope is female--it was the straggler that I stunted trying to remove seed shell. My straggler somehow topped itself above the second node and turned into a bush..in the beginning the plant just looked like a little green ball. I was surprised by one of my females--shot up quick, tall, much spacing between nodes, but definitely female.

Please be patient w me Farmers. Its been miserable hot in Denver and I was battling 95F temps in my flower tent. Luckily I just filled tent and hadnt flipped yet, so no REAL (jk..they suffered) damage done. Prob set back my flip schedule another 10 days. It was 95F w ballasts turned down to 50%! Had to just leane off HID for a few days and let ambient room light and flooding light from the veg cab to illuminate tent. Ive spent literally everyday the past 2 weeks hawking Craigslist for a portable..finally scored 9,000 BTU portable for $90 yesterday. A TRUE LIFE SAVER!!

The testers have ALMOST been completely hardened off and soon will be enjoting their new life under the 1000 MH. Ill be vegging for a minute, since my flower tent got pushed back, but plenty of time to grow a tree. I have the 9 TRUE (I count only once 5 blades are on a leaf) node emerging now on all but the runt..shes only 2 behind. Im hoping my other 2 will show sex soon so I can knock out topping and cloning up my fems all in one shot. Testers have only been fed compost and guano teas, but this last feeding they were given FloraNova ~200 ppm.

Ill try and get some pics up today. First I have to figure out a way to exhaust my AC (about 15-20 ft from window) AND reconfigure my 2 rooms. Had one vent exhausting 2,000 in bloom and 1,000 in veg, but my 90 degree bend behind my veg coming in is KILLING my fans efficiency. BTW, at the beginning of the heat wave I swapped my 6" CAP for an 8" CanFan HO. The plan today is for my fan to connect to a wyee connector. The straight end will go to the flower, the "split" will go to another wyee which one will go to veg and other to AC. Can HO 8" is 737 CFM, which I hope is enough for what im trying to setup. If AC starts kicking off bc not venting fast enough Ill put my 6" CAP on the AC.

Still fighting, Hazey, still fighting..a losing battle it sometime seems.

Cheers,
primo303

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

From the front lines...
Just finished up reconfiguring the room and setting up the AC. If this doesnt work Im screwed. I guess testing beans while trying to dial in a new setup wasnt the best idea.. "I too like to live dangerously."

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Figure I would take a break from my battle to control temps and post some pics before Hazeman never asks me to do another test.. These first group of pics were taken 6/10..about a mo from sprout. This first set of pics is the 2.1
IMG 1546
IMG 1548

..The 4.1
IMG 1549
IMG 1550

The 3.1

IMG 1552
IMG 1553

and the 5.1--the runt that I stunted.
IMG 1554
IMG 1555
IMG 1556
IMG 1558

GROUP PHOTO!!
IMG 1559

Look at the runt compared to the others..this is at about a month from sprout. Since then the runt has really taken off.

IMG 1557
pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Alright, these shots were taken 7/1..right at 7 weeks from sprout. They have only been given compost tea and guano tea, with exception of some FloraNova I had mixed that was extra. Two of them have shown sex..female preflowers and alternating nodes, but the #5 (runt) and one of the others have yet to show. Well, I think I am seeing whats going to be a male preflower on the other, but I really hope the #5 is female. It is obviously a different phenotype than the others. The other 3 look very similar, tall/lanky. Though the short bushiness could very well be bc I stunted it and then a couple weeks later it somehow topped itself, but the leaf structure is also very different.

Start this off w a group shot..if you scroll up to last shot in previous post you can see the growth over the 3 weeks in between the taking of the pics.
IMG 1570

the 3.1..

IMG 1565
IMG 1566
IMG 1567

the 2.1..

IMG 1571
IMG 1572
IMG 1573

the 4.1..
IMG 1574
IMG 1575
IMG 1576
IMG 1577

and the 5.1..not so runty these days.

IMG 1579
IMG 1580
IMG 1581
IMG 1583

I needed the space on my table under the T5s for trays, so these got hardened off a little faster than I wanted. Rather than slowly exposing, I had to expose more and faster, so I put em under the 1000mh and backed it way off. They got a little stretch bc of that, also I had to kill the HID a couple times midday last week bc of heat and the ambient T5 is all there was, but as you can see they still have some solid stalks. Since they stretched some Im going to give a few more days to grow more and try to root tips when I top. Will be going to 5 gals at that time. I was just trying to wait till they all showed sex so I can get transplanting, topping, etc all taken care of at the same time.

IMG 1578
entropy99

entropy99

Super healthy plants pRiMo! I especially love that runt, it's so bushy. I'm hedging my bets on it being a real keeper in the end.

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Super healthy plants pRiMo! I especially love that runt, it's so bushy. I'm hedging my bets on it being a real keeper in the end.

I certainly hope youre right! Its hard to know if the vigor is coming from the pheno itself or if it has something to do w it being in the smart pot, but it has really taken off. Even if it turns out male, seems to be some pollen worth collecting. Unfortunately I dont really have the space to accommodate a male and not risk wrecking shop. Flower and veg are in basement, and I often use swamp cooler to push fresh air through house, into basement. This makes the only way for fresh air to escape is via through the veg and flower rooms. CO2 is also supplemented w the pilot light from the furnace and the gas hot water heater. Also, I have beer fermenting and soon will be getting some morel, shitake, etc spores to help supplement CO2 and produce food. COME ON #5--LIFT UP YOUR SKIRT!! :D

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Looks great dude! How many GALS did you end up with?

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Well, today is 3 months since they were germed. I ended up with 2 girls out of the 4 that survived of the 9 I cracked. Most were lost to my error. Live in learn. I will be popping all 10 of the second round of these very soon, and logging everything in this journal. Anyway, here are a few shots that I took a few days ago. One is a shot of all 3. The shortest, bushiest is the male that I had high hopes to be a female. Motiv and I were discussing how with these poly hybrids we're testings, the males seem to be showing last. Of my 2 females, there seems to be 2 different phenos for sure. I cant remember exactly when I topped, but the shorter female had only the newest shoot removed. The other had about 4 nodes removed..and she was still a couple inches taller. You can also see the shorter has a lot better side branching. Forgive me for not posting a lot, but its just all veg right now. Ill be flipping this sunday. Oh yeah, they been getting tea w Caps bennies, then heavy on SNS veg nute, then Flora Nova @ ~500 ppm..repeat.

Heres a pic of all of em..I already axed one dude.
IMAG1233

This is what the short bushy one was packing when it finally decided to give me a peek..
IMAG1238

My 2 girls I kept. Disregard the Flo in the background. The one on left had 4 or 5 nodes removed when I topped. The one on the right had only the new growth removed. One on left still has quite a few inches on the other..not as branchy either.
IMAG1263
IMAG1264

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Wow. Coming along nicely. When are you flipping?

outwest

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Wow. Coming along nicely. When are you flipping?

outwest
plan on flipping sunday, provided there are no more hiccups between now and then. Somehow I got infiltrated by mites. Been rotating Garden Safe, Lavender and Rosemary. Trying to get the fuckers wiped out before I flip.

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Just a little update.. The girls are getting flipped for my bday. Had to push back slightly bc of mites that came in on a moth I think, back when heat was real bad and I had to keep cab/tent open at night. Think I have em almost cleared up. Its been a bitch bc the girls that will be in the tent w the testers are big mo fos in 10 gallon smart pots. Needless to say, I have shit loads of leaves to make sure Im hitting tops and bottom of every one of em. On the upside, Im scoring a sweet deal on a 2 gallon atomizer, so hopefully 30 min per plant is a thing of the past.

The girls are looking good. One got a few leaves burned due to the solution I was making for the mights. In addition to extractiong my lavender w 50/50 water and ISO, I also added some Dr Bs peppermint soap. I think the soap caused the solution to sit on the leaf too long, which caused to burn. I extracted with 50/50 h20 and ISO, and then only added 3 TBS lavender extract per gallon of water. I dont even see how ISO at that dilution could do damage.. Ive sprayed w 50/50 h2o ISO before w no ill effects. I guess the Dr Bs, even at that dilution, kept it too wet.

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Will have dried shots up in a cpl days. Ended up w 2 different phenos. One was more golf ball shaped, white and a breeze to trim. Soooo trichy..hash makers dream. The other was more cone shaped, purple and more time consuming to trim. Will try and get a smoke report from someone on here once they've had a little cure. Apologies to Haze for not doing a thorough log, but my life has been crazy juggling 3 jobs-trying not to lose my home and utilities shut off. I killed ANOTHER plant last week bc when I'm not working I want to sleep. I got cuts of each pheno in veg at the moment. I'll be adding to this thread w the round from clone. Things can't get much worse, I don't think, so hopefully soon I'll be able to dedicate more time to my garden.

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Of course the day I was going to take dry shots the sun isn't out..

Well, the purple more sativa dominant in appearance pheno was completely odorless after a week in the jar. The taste was lacking as well, and the high was brief. I didn't check trichs under a scope, so not sure if it was ready. I'm guessing it wasn't. I took her at 8 weeks bc I had to clear room, but this run from clone I will be scoping at week 9 or later before chopping. Unfortunately if she isn't ready at 9 I'll be culling her out. I don't have the capacity for strains over 9. I hope the aroma and taste at least benefits from another week..

The white golf ball pheno, which I've been calling Buckley bc it reminds me of the white balls at Buckley AF Base, is FIRE and tastes delicious. I haven't sampled with a "clear" head to form a proper opinion, but my co worker said its the best he's puffed since moving to CO. Said it was an intense body high which transitioned into a nice head high, and lasted about 1.5hrs. I've asked him to sign up at the farm and do a report. I'll have dried nug shots tomorrow if its sunny.

Having to let my flower room set empty for a bit for a thorough cleaning, so next round will be delayed, but I'll get some bloom pics up when I flip.

skunktater

skunktater

Too bad we couldnt see some pictures of the buds on the plant.

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Too bad we couldnt see some pictures of the buds on the plant.
Yeah, but sometimes life takes precedent over growing. I still have nugs curing and will get some dried shots up here soon. Kept the keeper in my garden. Will be flipping one in a few weeks and will be adding to this thread. Many apologies for my less than stellar log. Keep an eye out, I'll be adding on.

Top Bottom