Chemistry's grow your own quality stash.

• Thread starter chemistry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sportyridr

sportyridr

Good morning tokers and growers, how are you all this fine rainy morning. 😁 Well, we have three poppers and one flopper, makes a bit of a mess of my square formation, but I think we can live with it. 😁 This run was planned as a scrogger anyway, so no damage done. 🙂 At the start I said old freebee seeds, but the one that didn't pop was one of the bought packs, so the three freebee's popped, the OG Kush, Buddzilla, and the Chem OG, the bought seeds that didn't pop were the Critical Haze, which is one I wanted to pop. 🙁 So we have three to scrog at the minute, I'll give the Critical Haze another week, it is female, and if it takes as long as my misses to get sorted to go out on a Saturday evening, then its probably still getting ready. 😇 So we're off to a good start, three will fill my space to bursting point with five or six weeks of vegging. 👍 I've grown none of these strains before, so we'll have to work them out as they grow. 🙂 Right, lets have some pics in glorious MH. 👍

OG Kush.
View attachment 1304174

View attachment 1304167

View attachment 1304168

Buddzilla.
View attachment 1304169

View attachment 1304170

View attachment 1304171

Chem OG. Thought there were two seedlings at first. 🙂
View attachment 1304172

View attachment 1304175

View attachment 1304176

And there you are, we are off, shame about the Critical Kush, next time maybe. 🙂 So week one, seedling week is behind us, next week will be week one of veg, so we should be flipping just after Christmas some time, yee haaaa! A question? Do you think the Critical Haze will pop? Only one way to find out, and that is to join us next week and find out. 😁 So until then, just keep tokin folks.👍

Nice, off n running. I tried the rooters just recently and I think I'm liking that method of germination. They worked perfect and honestly a whole lot less effin about. So far I'm 4 for 4 in the last week or so. I have not tried any older seeds yet.

Interested in seeing a multi strain scrog grow so have at er eh!

chemistry

chemistry

Hey, just popped in to say hi, That's a nice line up you have going there, little girls standing up proud to be alive. I've never tried anything but dirt / promix types and your little balls look so need and tidy a much cleaner grow. I also like dirtbags grow with the large rock wool slabs.
My grow is...well...dirty...I'm always sweeping or vacuuming cleaning up and it all causes cough cough Dust ...that sticks to sticky buds. I'd like to get away from dirt but I just can't afford the learning curve mistakes that sure as shit would cost me a grow or 3 and then what????? I'm out of smoke with a bad attitude....nope I gotta stick with what I know.....Dirt it is...cough cough 😄 😄😄

It was the mess that made me try Hydroton, its not the best, but if your careful and watch the salts its doable, but even then, I'm on the look out for a better re-usable media. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Lol..luckily your misses doesnt get on here she’d kill you…and your plants haha…
what else you got to chuck in if miss critical a no show.

Not replacing the Critical as a new seedling would be well behind the other three, and as I'm scrogging them, the empty space is no problem, just more room for the other three. I don't let her look at the Farm, as she doesn't toke, so she doesn't understand why I waste my time growing weed when I can grow some thing more usefull like vegtables. 😁

chemistry

chemistry

Nice, off n running. I tried the rooters just recently and I think I'm liking that method of germination. They worked perfect and honestly a whole lot less effin about. So far I'm 4 for 4 in the last week or so. I have not tried any older seeds yet.

Interested in seeing a multi strain scrog grow so have at er eh!

I like the cubes now I've got the hang of them, clean, easy, and 100% compostable. 👍

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I like the cubes now I've got the hang of them, clean, easy, and 100% compostable. 👍
I didn't have any luck with the rooters, even if they started to grow they faded in color and wilted on me. The promix seems to have more in it to keep them alive longer I don't need to feed until almost week 3.......I guess its what we get used to I pop first before I plant and keep their heads above the soil.

The last seed company I use GCS said they just plant in the soil and water to germinate. no over night soaking or special treatment required........I don't know about that I tend to baby them at the start get them growing with a tail then plant.....paper towel method works for me.

Madmax

Madmax

I didn't have any luck with the rooters, even if they started to grow they faded in color and wilted on me. The promix seems to have more in it to keep them alive longer I don't need to feed until almost week 3.......I guess its what we get used to I pop first before I plant and keep their heads above the soil.

The last seed company I use GCS said they just plant in the soil and water to germinate. no over night soaking or special treatment required........I don't know about that I tend to baby them at the start get them growing with a tail then plant.....paper towel method works for me.
Yeah..I’m same..atleast you know there’s a high probability that it will come up and know how many you will have…

chemistry

chemistry

Good morning tokers and growers, how are you this foggy morning. 🙂 All is going well with the seedlings, the Critical Kush didn't turn up, so its space will be filled by the Chem OG, it will be pointed in the direction of the empty space the Critical would have occupied if it had popped. The other two seedlings are doing well, the Buddzilla is the biggest of the three, followed by the OG Kush, the Chem OG being the smallest of the three. All are green an just attaining a size to help them suck up that MH light, then they'll be on the move. 🙂 That's week one of veg gone, week two started when the lights came on this morning, another four weeks and we should be ready to flip. 😁 While looking at the Chem OG, I noticed some crinkling on the bigger leaves, this may be because my media needs a change next run, but like every one else, I'm trying to save cash, so next run we will need to change it, KACHING! went the till at the grow store. 😁 Noticed the price of fertilizer has gone through the ceiling, maybe folks should buy in bulk to keep the costs down, I've just invested in two gallons of my chosen range, expensive outlay, but I can only see the prices go even higher by Spring along with energy bills, I will also be purchasing a few bulbs this week to keep me going, as they seem to be creeping up in price too. 🙁 I can live with out food, but not weed. 🤣 I can see a time where we all become outdoor Summer growers due to energy costs if things keep going up like they are. Anyway, there's nothing we can do about it except try to be prepared for the worst. 🙂 On a happier note, seedling pics anyone. 😁

OG Kush.
OG Kush V1a

OG Kush V1b

Buddzilla.
Buddzilla V1a

Buddzilla V1b

Chem OG.
Chem OG V1a

Chem OG V1b

Other things.
A buddy who likes his beer sent me this, now as you know, I'll try any beer, except ginger beer, just can't see the point of it. 🤣 So maybe not any beer, but this one was a little interesting, not that Elvis had anything to do with it. 😁 But this is what arrived in the post.
DSC01583

Have to say it was ok, went well with the toke I had with it (Super Lemon Haze), but then most IPA's are a nice slurp. So that's this weeks update sorted, seedlings should double in size this week and look like baby trees, as their top heavy now, hence the crutches. 😁 So if you want to find out if the seedlings double their size, or even a fleeting interest in what drops through the letter box this week, the join us next week and find out, so until then, just keep tokin folks. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Rats ate 581kg of marijuana, claim Indian police​

• 23 hours ago

Mouse-Reuters

Photo used for illustrative purpose.
Bizarre as it may sound, the Mathura city police, Uttar Pradesh, India, have claimed that rats ate up over 500 kilogrammes of marijuana.
According to a report submitted by Mathura police to a special Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act (1985) court, rats "ate" over 500kg of marijuana, confiscated and stored in the warehouses of Shergarh and Highway police stations.
Earlier this year, the court had asked Mathura police to produce the marijuana recovered in a case registered under the NDPS Act.
The additional district judge has ordered SSP Mathura Abhishek Yadav to get rid of the “mice menace” and then deliver proof that rats actually consumed 581 kg, to be precise, of marijuana worth Rs6 million.
The officers told the judge that mice and rates, though small in size, do not fear the police.
The court has also issued five-point directions for the auction/disposal of weed stored in police warehouses.
"Time-bound action will be taken in compliance with the court orders," said acting senior superintendent of police (SSP), Mathura, Martand P. Singh while the special public prosecutor Ranveer Singh said, "The SHOs of Shergarh and Highway police stations have claimed that 581kg of weed stored in warehouses was destroyed by the rats. The cops have been finding it impossible to protect substances kept in the said storage areas. The court has ordered the police to produce evidence regarding the claim and set November 26 as the next hearing date."
Notably, in May 2020, three men smuggling weed in a truck were arrested in Mathura. The truck was intercepted near Jatwari village in the Shergarh area and 386kg of weed hidden in millet bags was recovered from the vehicle. The three accused were booked under the NDPS Act and sent to judicial custody.
The court had ordered the police to produce the weed recovered in the case.
A similar case happened in 2021 when cops at Etah district's Kotwali Dehat police station claimed that rodents consumed over 1,400 cartons of seized liquor worth over Rs3.5m.
Additional director general (ADG) of police (Agra zone) Rajeev Krishna had tasked an IPS officer from Aligarh to probe the matter.
An FIR was registered against station house officer Indreshpal Singh and head clerk Rasaal Singh after a preliminary inquiry revealed that the policemen had sold the seized liquor to gangster Bantu Yadav.
Indo-Asian News Service
😁

Madmax

Madmax

i remember that one from 2021.I bet he’s out in the ghettos collecting his rat shit for his proof right now 🐀.
shes all going up bud and it ain’t stopping soon…It’s starting to get ridiculous..these hydroponic stores are like ”ka Ching” when they hear the word cannabis mentioned.

Growrx

Growrx

Good morning tokers and growers, how are you this foggy morning. 🙂 All is going well with the seedlings, the Critical Kush didn't turn up, so its space will be filled by the Chem OG, it will be pointed in the direction of the empty space the Critical would have occupied if it had popped. The other two seedlings are doing well, the Buddzilla is the biggest of the three, followed by the OG Kush, the Chem OG being the smallest of the three. All are green an just attaining a size to help them suck up that MH light, then they'll be on the move. 🙂 That's week one of veg gone, week two started when the lights came on this morning, another four weeks and we should be ready to flip. 😁 While looking at the Chem OG, I noticed some crinkling on the bigger leaves, this may be because my media needs a change next run, but like every one else, I'm trying to save cash, so next run we will need to change it, KACHING! went the till at the grow store. 😁 Noticed the price of fertilizer has gone through the ceiling, maybe folks should buy in bulk to keep the costs down, I've just invested in two gallons of my chosen range, expensive outlay, but I can only see the prices go even higher by Spring along with energy bills, I will also be purchasing a few bulbs this week to keep me going, as they seem to be creeping up in price too. 🙁 I can live with out food, but not weed. 🤣 I can see a time where we all become outdoor Summer growers due to energy costs if things keep going up like they are. Anyway, there's nothing we can do about it except try to be prepared for the worst. 🙂 On a happier note, seedling pics anyone. 😁

OG Kush.
View attachment 1306005

View attachment 1306006

Buddzilla.
View attachment 1306007

View attachment 1306008

Chem OG.
View attachment 1306009

View attachment 1306010

Other things.
A buddy who likes his beer sent me this, now as you know, I'll try any beer, except ginger beer, just can't see the point of it. 🤣 So maybe not any beer, but this one was a little interesting, not that Elvis had anything to do with it. 😁 But this is what arrived in the post.
View attachment 1306011

Have to say it was ok, went well with the toke I had with it (Super Lemon Haze), but then most IPA's are a nice slurp. So that's this weeks update sorted, seedlings should double in size this week and look like baby trees, as their top heavy now, hence the crutches. 😁 So if you want to find out if the seedlings double their size, or even a fleeting interest in what drops through the letter box this week, the join us next week and find out, so until then, just keep tokin folks. 👍
Are these photos or autos? I’m excited to see what comes of these girls.

chemistry

chemistry

Good morning tokers and growers, how are you all on this foggy Saturday morning, hope your all doing well. 🙂 All three seedlings are still with us, crutches have been removed this morning, they were only a precaution to stop the fan blowing the seedlings over while I was at work, they tend to get top heavy, but they're not as leggy this run, makes a change. 😁 Size wise the Buddzilla is the biggest of the three, followed by the Chem OG, and in third place is the OG Kush. I'm not sure how well the OG Kush will do in the scrog, as some plants don't make enough branches to fill their part of the net in a mixed strain scrog, some plants after topping just become bushy, which for scrogging is not so good as some thing with a good portion of Sativa in it to give the branches some length to weave through the mesh, so we'll have to see how the OG Kush runs, it may have to be a non scrogger. 😉 Other than that we should be placing the net and frame in a couple of weeks. 👍 Week two of veg finished, week three started this morning at lights on. Right then, lets look at some week two veggers, starting to look like plants. 😁

OG Kush.
OG Kush V2b

OG Kush V2a

Buddzilla.
Buddzilla V2a

Buddzilla V2b

Chem OG.
Chem OG V2a

Chem OG V2b

Other things. I've moved over from glass jars to food grade plastic buckets over the last few years for storing my weed, I used to sit for hours with scissor blisters chopping off the buds, but no more, I have a couple of white buckets, but most are black to keep the light out while the weed is in storage. Anyway, the lids as you know start to stick and split after a while, so it was time to replace them. So I'm now fifty euro's lighter in my bank account after a delivery by Amazon. Ten brand spanking new weed storage buckets. 🙂
New Buckets V2

I always give the buckets a good wash in hot soapy water before I employ them into service, as you don't know what has been running around in the warehouses where the buckets have been stored. 😉 So at the end of this run, the old buckets will be recycled and the new ones will take their place. 🙂

And that is it for this update, next week will see the plants topped. So if your ideal Saturday morning is sitting back to watch me wash my new storagae buckets, then contain your excitement, and pop back for more of the same next Saturday, don't know if I can wait my self. 😁 Until then, just keep tokin folks. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

I GOT A LOT TO LEARN AT THCfarmer University, huh? Thank's Chem you taught me something. Cheers SS Damn Caps Lock.

The more you grow, the more you learn, and as you get better you notice little things, so if you have a few plants on the go, you can afford to lose one plant per grow to trying some thing you think will improve your bud haul, and believe me, I've lost a lot of plants in my time, but if you've got to know, then you have to sacrifice on of your babes. lol

SSgrower

SSgrower

I see new things in the garden or tent all the time as you stated, the weather's influence in the tent for instance. I have installed a inline fan and the tent "sucked" in so I know that will lead to improvement as "negative pressure" is applied as the tent helps along with the inline fan to better control swings in humidity & temp. Cheers SS

chemistry

chemistry

Good morning to all you tokers and growers, how are you all on this really frosty morning, hope your all warm and well where you are. 🙂 Plants are doing well apart from the Chem OG, its had some thing going on since it hatched, at first I thought it was the medium, but now I'm thinking its the fan stalling in its corner as it rotates, these ossy fans seem to stall for a couple of seconds as they sweep back and forth, the other two have no such issues, so its the plant or its an environmental issue, if its environmental it will have to ride the storm, if I change the environment for this one plant, it may set some thing off with the other two, I expect it to grow out of it, we'll see. 😁 The other two plants are romping it, no deffs or issues. All three have been topped to promote side branching at the expense of their main cola's. 😉 I have grow scrogs in a multitude of ways, easiest being to let the plants grow to twenty inches and then just flop the whole plant on its side and flip them over to12/12 and let them go, this is a quick way to go, but it creates more work though crossed branches, and the plants flowering in just parts of the scrog. So over the years I've come to the conclusion that its better to grow the plant into the scog in what ever pattern floats your boat. I love a good top cola that grows into my light, but this would be a backward step in scrogging as they grow to tall, again. 😁 So ideally you need your plant canopy level, all good if you grow one strain, as they will mostly be the same height and spread, but, I like to grow multiple strains, which grow at different rates and heights, not recommended by experts for a scrogging as it can be a right pain, more so if you've never grown the strains before, but what is life with out a challenge. 😁 Right, enough about scrogging, lets look at some plant pics. 👍

OG Kush.
OG Kush V3a

OG Kush V3b

OG Kush V3c

Buddzilla.
Buddzilla V3a

Buddzilla V3b

Buddzilla V3c

Chem OG.
Chem OG V3a

Chem OG V3b

Chem OG V3c

And there you have it, no other things this week as all my beer packs have been wrapped for Christmas to stop me appreciating them to early, and run dry. Saw some Belgian's in the car, hope thier mine. 😁 I'm hoping to have the scrog on next week, but I'm thinking this hard frost that has developed here over the last couple of days, will slow things up a little, currently, if you open an outside door here at the minute, the whole family gives you the evil eye, whimps. 😁 So will we be scroggers next week, or will this cold spell cause problems, only one way to find out, and that is to join us next Saturday and find out, until then, just keep tokin folks. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom