Chemistry's persoanl grow.

• Thread starter chemistry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

You can buy the best soil and still fail to pop a seed, but add a sprinkling of luck and your on to a winner. Busted pipes are a real ball breaker, its the water damage and getting dried out that peaves me.
sucks when you have steel wire holding your chest together and every thing is above your head too , i got the floor on top level replaced had to rip it out too from structure i ddint like and why not i was there,replaced the water heater ,bought one them latley ,lord the econemy has gone to crap , went with treated wood and then top coat with concrete backer board ,that should at least leave me with just sheetrock damage if it ever happens again, so then im looking at all the plumbing,bro i love the country i love that inside your home you dont have to have permits and such, but let me tell you there should be permits and code restrictions for all,city or country ,im talking about it had to be a friday night and payday and bonfire going outside plenty of weed and any other mind altering elements in effect ,when this joker run this plumbing ,man i mean to tell you i cant make heads or tails of it.
i had a bulge in the floor before all this happened,just thought it was weak sheetrock from age,nah just out the blue half way down a run from shower tub and 3 sinks and 2ft before sewer pipe there is a pee trap hahaah that bulge was the trap ,im like no damn wonder fumes were bad in the spare bath hahaha.
im down with DIY lisense and permits .ive remodeled several houses but this joker here is the tip of the spear

chemistry

chemistry

sucks when you have steel wire holding your chest together and every thing is above your head too , i got the floor on top level replaced had to rip it out too from structure i ddint like and why not i was there,replaced the water heater ,bought one them latley ,lord the econemy has gone to crap , went with treated wood and then top coat with concrete backer board ,that should at least leave me with just sheetrock damage if it ever happens again, so then im looking at all the plumbing,bro i love the country i love that inside your home you dont have to have permits and such, but let me tell you there should be permits and code restrictions for all,city or country ,im talking about it had to be a friday night and payday and bonfire going outside plenty of weed and any other mind altering elements in effect ,when this joker run this plumbing ,man i mean to tell you i cant make heads or tails of it.
i had a bulge in the floor before all this happened,just thought it was weak sheetrock from age,nah just out the blue half way down a run from shower tub and 3 sinks and 2ft before sewer pipe there is a pee trap hahaah that bulge was the trap ,im like no damn wonder fumes were bad in the spare bath hahaha.
im down with DIY lisense and permits .ive remodeled several houses but this joker here is the tip of the spear
The craftsman is dead, its all bodge and sealant these days, bulge in the floor. šŸ¤£

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, it's a sunny Saturday morning, and time for an update. šŸ™‚ Not a lot to report, plants are in flush as of this morning I'm glad to say, week 12 of flower, I should have two week old seedlings at this point and be off on another grow journey, but instead, I have another two weeks to go on top of the twelve the plants have completed already, same plants, same grow space as all the other grows. Next run we see the return of the HID, a new set of bulbs are on order, should be here next week some time. šŸ˜Ž Lets look at some pics.

Pure Kush. Ugly leaves, but a nice covering of ambers.
Pure Kush f12a

Pure Kush f12b

Zkittles.
Zkittles f12b

Zkittles f12a

Zkittles f12c

Juan Herer.
Juan Herer f12a

Group Shot.
Group Shot f12a

And there we are, all updated. So enjoy your weekend people, and just keep tokin. šŸ‘

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Morning tokers and growers, it's a sunny Saturday morning, and time for an update. šŸ™‚ Not a lot to report, plants are in flush as of this morning I'm glad to say, week 12 of flower, I should have two week old seedlings at this point and be off on another grow journey, but instead, I have another two weeks to go on top of the twelve the plants have completed already, same plants, same grow space as all the other grows. Next run we see the return of the HID, a new set of bulbs are on order, should be here next week some time. šŸ˜Ž Lets look at some pics.

Pure Kush. Ugly leaves, but a nice covering of ambers.
View attachment 1209012

View attachment 1209013

Zkittles.
View attachment 1209015

View attachment 1209014

View attachment 1209016

Juan Herer.
View attachment 1209017

Group Shot.
View attachment 1209019

And there we are, all updated. So enjoy your weekend people, and just keep tokin. šŸ‘
i will stick with HID lights myself bro,it seems we both have the same hand under the LED lights and i cant stand them fox tail buds ,but hey work with what you got and it all goes up in smoke and enjoyed , i still say them great nugs there

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I'll still do alright at chopping time, just niggles me when I know I can do better. šŸ˜
we all slack at times,just cause we are wore slam out,i do my share too bro,end product always does what it is designed to do though and thats what counts,heck my outdoor garden for veggies ,you should see what the bugs do to them ,but still feed me and the kids and taste mighty good,i dont eat them leaves and always plant extra just for all them critters haah

chemistry

chemistry

we all slack at times,just cause we are wore slam out,i do my share too bro,end product always does what it is designed to do though and thats what counts,heck my outdoor garden for veggies ,you should see what the bugs do to them ,but still feed me and the kids and taste mighty good,i dont eat them leaves and always plant extra just for all them critters haah

I'm still positive about my grow, just hacks me off when it goes array in the last couple of weeks, HID next run, looking forward to to my grow room being warm again. šŸ˜Ž

SSgrower

SSgrower

I chop today the shorter gal, she's dank & piney tasting. I'll take a couple pic's to post on my indoor grow page after 6:00 am today, flushing her a little yesterday & today before I chop, Cheers SS. 35 degrees this morning on the coastal bend.

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, hope this update finds you all fighting fit and raring to go. We've finally reached the chop, seems a long time to flower, too long. Why? Heat, with out it, where I live, its needed in the Winter, its temperate here, so we get fifty percent rain and fifty percent sun, so Summer time its fine, but what I've found with running the LED is there doesn't seem to be enough heat to make my space work. This became obvious when moisture ran back through my extraction pipe above my fan, and poured through my extraction fan and onto my power points, in my youth, this was not a problem, as the odd 240v shock kept me on my toes, nowadays it knocks me on my butt, I'm not as resilient as I was in my youth. lol šŸ˜ So some thing has to change, so the LED is boxed and stored for the time being. I'm not saying LED's are rubbish, they just need to come on a bit, forget the hype about bulbs and power consumption, and focus more on what the plants need. I can't vouch for other brands of lights, as I've only tried Viperspectra. The Viperspectra's are built with the same common parts that other top LED's are made of, so I don't think its the build quality. In veg the light works well, but for some reason, I have struggled to finish flowering out the last two runs. I'll hold my hand up and say I've only ran the LED in the coldness of late Autumn and early Winter, so maybe it would be a top producer in Summer, but I still think that with out the extra heat to balance out the moisture, I'd still be in the same place I am now. If you think about it, in Summer its hot, not many plants grow in Winter, so plants have over millions of years adapted to this, and maybe need it at some point, like in the peak of Summer. One thing I've noticed with LED's is that the fittings are flat, and the bulbs used are torch like in their beam pattern which straight down, in all my life, I've never been any were where the sun is directly above a plant, always the sun comes from the side. So what I'd like to see in the future is curved fixtures with the bulbs angled. I found found that I was burning 600w to light just the centre of my grow space, where as my 400w HID bulb would light the whole space, and not just the centre, the sun is round, and so is a HID bulb. I'm aware that some people are doing well with LED's, but in my space they just get me by. And that's my summery of my second run with LED's. Moving along, pic time.šŸ‘

Pure Kush. Smells of fruit, and looks better with out the knarlled leaves, which looks worse than it is, buds are fine, and purple. šŸ‘
Pure Kush f13a

Pure Kush f13b

Zkittles. I like this strain, would love to grow one outdoors and just leave it to get on, seems a bit rampant for small indoor growers, you wont find me complaining about the extra bud though. šŸ˜
Zkittles f12a

Zkittles f12b

Juan Herer. This plant is only half the size it should be, looks like an auto, but it has some frost on it, would have like it full size as its the last seed I have of this, and its no were on the net to buy more seeds, bought these from a member from the Dank Den, which is no more, has a very Autumn look about it. šŸ™‚
Juan Herer f13a

Since the above pics were taken, the plants have been felled and hung, finally. šŸ™‚

Pure Kush. second best producer of this run, one hanger.
Hangers 3

Zkittles. Top producer this run with two hangers.
Hangers 5

Juan Herer. Only the one hanger, ended up a third of its finished size due to the trunk damage, quite frosty though all the same. šŸ‘
Hangers 4

Other things. Two weeks ago I manged to catch flu, don't know where from, but it got me. šŸ˜• Its a bit like having a treble flu, but at day five I was on my butt, couldn't breath by day five, and worse still, I had to give up toking, yeah I know, life with out a toke, how could I possibly survive this dire situation, gasp.šŸ˜° FUCK going with out a hit, time for edibles, specifically shortbread. Saved šŸ˜ So I thought I'd put the process up, that got me though this dire situation. Its not a lot of messing about which is why I chose shortbread, you can get this together even if your totally battered. Out came an old cook book with the reciepe, don't remember where the booklet came from we've had it so long. This is how I made the shortbread fingers.

First thing is the recipe.
Shortbread Hash 1

Then I crumbled up a quarter of good black into a bowl, well it is medicinal, made the dough, and folded in the hash. I split the amount of dough in the recipe by half, all the hash was deposited into half the dough, the other half I baked on its own, for munchies. šŸ˜
Shortbread Hash 2

Hash peppered dough. šŸ˜
Shortbread Hash 3

Top tip, grease your tin well, or the butter will escape from your shotbread while its in the oven. šŸ‘
Shortbread Hash 4

And if you've followed the instructions in the recipe, you should end up with some thing like this, yum yum. šŸ™‚
Shortbread Hash 6

So there you have it, another run ends, time to set up for the next, still not got round to ordering new seeds, so I'll have to see what left in the seed store. Anyway, there you have it, the best cure for flu, the end of a run, and a cookery lesson, you'll not find this in a life style magazine, only here on the Farm, so that's it, hope to be up and running again in a couple of weeks, only one thing left to say, Just keep tokin folks. šŸ‘

Last edited:
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Morning tokers and growers, hope this update finds you all fighting fit and raring to go. We've finally reached the chop, seems a long time to flower, too long. Why? Heat, with out it, where I live, its needed in the Winter, its temperate here, so we get fifty percent rain and fifty percent sun, so Summer time its fine, but what I've found with running the LED is there doesn't seem to be enough heat to make my space work. This became obvious when moisture ran back through my extraction pipe above my fan, and poured through my extraction fan and onto my power points, in my youth, this was not a problem, as the odd 240v shock kept me on my toes, nowadays it knocks me on my butt, I'm not as resilient as I was in my youth. lol šŸ˜ So some thing has to change, so the LED is boxed and stored for the time being. I'm not saying LED's are rubbish, they just need to come on a bit, forget the hype about bulbs and power consumption, and focus more on what the plants need. I can't vouch for other brands of lights, as I've only tried Viperspectra. The Viperspectra's are built with the same common parts that other top LED's are made of, so I don't think its the build quality. In veg the light works well, but for some reason, I have struggled to finish flowering out the last two runs. I'll hold my hand up and say I've only ran the LED in the coldness of late Autumn and early Winter, so maybe it would be a top producer in Summer, but I still think that with out the extra heat to balance out the moisture, I'd still be in the same place I am now. If you think about it, in Summer its hot, not many plants grow in Winter, so plants have over millions of years adapted to this, and maybe need it at some point, like in the peak of Summer. One thing I've noticed with LED's is that the fittings are flat, and the bulbs used are torch like in their beam pattern which straight down, in all my life, I've never been any were where the sun is directly above a plant, always the sun comes from the side. So what I'd like to see in the future is curved fixtures with the bulbs angled. I found found that I was burning 600w to light just the centre of my grow space, where as my 400w HID bulb would light the whole space, and not just the centre, the sun is round, and so is a HID bulb. I'm aware that some people are doing well with LED's, but in my space they just get me by. And that's my summery of my second run with LED's. Moving along, pic time.šŸ‘

Pure Kush. Smells of fruit, and looks better with out the knarlled leaves, which looks worse than it is, buds are fine, and purple. šŸ‘
View attachment 1211435

View attachment 1211436

Zkittles. I like this strain, would love to grow one outdoors and just leave it to get on, seems a bit rampant for small indoor growers, you wont find me complaining about the extra bud though. šŸ˜
View attachment 1211437

View attachment 1211438

Juan Herer. This plant is only half the size it should be, looks like an auto, but it has some frost on it, would have like it full size as its the last seed I have of this, and its no were on the net to buy more seeds, bought these from a member from the Dank Den, which is no more, has a very Autumn look about it. šŸ™‚
View attachment 1211440

Since the above pics were taken, the plants have been felled and hung, finally. šŸ™‚

Pure Kush. second best producer of this run, one hanger.
View attachment 1211460

Zkittles. Top producer this run with two hangers.
View attachment 1211462

Juan Herer. Only the one hanger, ended up a third of its finished size due to the trunk damage, quite frosty though all the same. šŸ‘
View attachment 1211463

Other things. Two weeks ago I manged to catch flu, don't know where from, but it got me. šŸ˜• Its a bit like having a treble flu, but at day five I was on my butt, couldn't breath by day five, and worse still, I had to give up toking, yeah I know, life with out a toke, how could I possibly survive this dire situation, gasp.šŸ˜° FUCK going with out a hit, time for edibles, specifically shortbread. Saved šŸ˜ So I thought I'd put the process up, that got me though this dire situation. Its not a lot of messing about which is why I chose shortbread, you can get this together even if your totally battered. Out came an old cook book with the reciepe, don't remember where the booklet came from we've had it so long. This is how I made the shortbread fingers.

First thing is the recipe.
View attachment 1211464

Then I crumbled up a quarter of good black into a bowl, well it is medicinal, made the dough, and folded in the hash. I split the amount of dough in the recipe by half, all the hash was deposited into half the dough, the other half I baked on its own, for munchies. šŸ˜
View attachment 1211465

Hash peppered dough. šŸ˜
View attachment 1211466

Top tip, grease your tin well, or the butter will escape from your shotbread while its in the oven. šŸ‘
View attachment 1211467

And if you've followed the instructions in the recipe, you should end up with some thing like this, yum yum. šŸ™‚
View attachment 1211468

So there you have it, another run ends, time to set up for the next, still not got round to ordering new seeds, so I'll have to see what left in the seed store. Anyway, there you have it, the best cure for flu, the end of a run, and a cookery lesson, you'll not find this in a life style magazine, only here on the Farm, so that's it, hope to be up and running again in a couple of weeks, only one thing left to say, Just keep tokin folks. šŸ‘
few years back i let some folks talk me into running led lights , bought 2 of them in dire need of something to combat this triple digit heat we get every year for 4 months, well that went to crap ,my flowers were just the same as yours are right now,never found a way to keep from burning my shit up with them dumb ass lights, were the claim comes in as they run cooler than HID lights,i guess so if you can say 5 degree difrent from my 400 watt and cool tube rig i always run . so the led light scam did produce a use for them ,only thing i use them for now is starting my outdoor veggies around now to set out in end of march,they are used inside the house in open space though were as with my medicine is grown in a outlaw tent,only difrence,so that said and what you say about the sun is a fact not fiction, ive always wanted to side light in the corners my HID lights instead of over the top of plants,im sure the LED would work as well but you still have the straight beam down with them ,but maybe in a big room they would work,myself and being a hard head old man i will stick to tried and true HID lighting for my remaining day.
but hey bro you see them nugs a hanging ,the end game and you survived job well done and called getting it done hahaah

chemistry

chemistry

few years back i let some folks talk me into running led lights , bought 2 of them in dire need of something to combat this triple digit heat we get every year for 4 months, well that went to crap ,my flowers were just the same as yours are right now,never found a way to keep from burning my shit up with them dumb ass lights, were the claim comes in as they run cooler than HID lights,i guess so if you can say 5 degree difrent from my 400 watt and cool tube rig i always run . so the led light scam did produce a use for them ,only thing i use them for now is starting my outdoor veggies around now to set out in end of march,they are used inside the house in open space though were as with my medicine is grown in a outlaw tent,only difrence,so that said and what you say about the sun is a fact not fiction, ive always wanted to side light in the corners my HID lights instead of over the top of plants,im sure the LED would work as well but you still have the straight beam down with them ,but maybe in a big room they would work,myself and being a hard head old man i will stick to tried and true HID lighting for my remaining day.
but hey bro you see them nugs a hanging ,the end game and you survived job well done and called getting it done hahaah

Its all worked out in the end, but only four hangers this run, and it took twice as long as it did to flower out this time. I've no doubt LED's can produce, but they need tweeking a little to give my HID a good run for the money. Electric saving, I saved nothing, due to the LED fixture running at six hundred watts, and my HID running only 400 watts, I was told I need to buy another LED fixture to light the other side of my grow? My space is only three feet wide. lol Anyway, HID run next, and already the room where my grow is, is a fare bit warmer, and the room is holding the heat over night during lights out, so I'm already happier, and no condensation. šŸ™‚

SSgrower

SSgrower

I run 450w Viperspectra reflector series and lost 1/2 on one as the blue&white diode board shorted or something, 4 hangers in a 3x3 ain't nothin to cry about. We old guys struggle to keep up with technology to survive as I seen people lose their jobs due to incapability to keep up. Nice recipe, when I get some tray hash I'd give it a shot, Cheers SS.

chemistry

chemistry

I run 450w Viperspectra reflector series and lost 1/2 on one as the blue&white diode board shorted or something, 4 hangers in a 3x3 ain't nothin to cry about. We old guys struggle to keep up with technology to survive as I seen people lose their jobs due to incapability to keep up. Nice recipe, when I get some tray hash I'd give it a shot, Cheers SS.

Have you dropped Viperspectra an email? Don't know how straight up their customer services are, maybe worth an email, you may get a replacement unit.

SSgrower

SSgrower

If I find the time I may just do that, caregiving for plants & caregiver fro a client leaves me little time. except to toke, thanks for the lookout brother. Cheers SS

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

If I find the time I may just do that, caregiving for plants & caregiver fro a client leaves me little time. except to toke, thanks for the lookout brother. Cheers SS
your gonna find out there is a lot of hype in this game,when you stop keeping up with the jones you produce flowers,when you do stick with what worked for you , when someone post a pic of fine looking flowers they dont tell you what envoriment they grow in water source and time involved,so stick to your guns mate .
ive found just by laying back watching that some that post them pretty buds a year later is asking for help and it always comes back to trying new stuff.
i cannot see any price difrence in my elect bill using these lights none and heat they might run 5 degrees cooler than my old old fashion 1960 lighting,so it all a waste of cash i aint got if you dig. besides that with all the hype to waste money on the next best thing drives the prices of my obselete stuff to a cost i can afford hahah

chemistry

chemistry

I find using raw; first use brick choir is the overall best for popping seeds; hands down. If something has been used; it's got nutrients; and the cec is lower. Fresh seed >>> fresh start... Also fresh choir is essentially sterile, so a fresh core from which to initiate your microbiology biome spawn.

Pass no bad mojo; leave hotter soil for later. Add more microbes after the core of Streptomyces nigrescens; Lactobacillus; bulgaricus; thermophilus; acidophilus; (any/all of those) is well established; then onto developing rhizospheres & AM fungi... ie. Mycorrhiza

View attachment 1207433

Sorry Frank, just seen these three posts, I was a bit crook that week with the 19. šŸ‘

chemistry

chemistry

your gonna find out there is a lot of hype in this game,when you stop keeping up with the jones you produce flowers,when you do stick with what worked for you , when someone post a pic of fine looking flowers they dont tell you what envoriment they grow in water source and time involved,so stick to your guns mate .
ive found just by laying back watching that some that post them pretty buds a year later is asking for help and it always comes back to trying new stuff.
i cannot see any price difrence in my elect bill using these lights none and heat they might run 5 degrees cooler than my old old fashion 1960 lighting,so it all a waste of cash i aint got if you dig. besides that with all the hype to waste money on the next best thing drives the prices of my obselete stuff to a cost i can afford hahah

Maybe its just me, but there's some thing about the frosty blue Spring of an MH bulb, and then swapping over to the warm lazy Summer of a HPS, I think its in your soul. šŸ˜Ž

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, its Saturday, hope your all well, not much to report this week, been really busy. Nearly got the grow space cleaned and de-bugged, thinking about a four plant grow this run, if I can germinate four seeds at once, lol and then scrog them out, not ran a scrog for a while, so will make a change grow a different way, not decided on seeds, but one I fancy is the Chocolate Skunk, that was a really nice toke last time I grew it, so maybe pop one of those. Ran out of Super Lemon Haze seeds, so an Amnesia Lemon may make an appearance, love a good lemon strain. šŸ™‚ Just the other two strains to pick out, which shouldn't take long, as I've not a lot to choose from, so that reduces the hours of indecision to a minimum. lol The last run is dried and jarred ready for a cure, not a lot of trim, so there was medium sadness around the hash bucket, oh no, no hash this run. šŸ˜ The Pure Kush is as fruity as a strain can be, smells like jam on toast. šŸ˜ The Juan Herer is also fruity, but not as fruity as the PK. The Zkittles has an earthy smell to it just like the last one I grew, with a hint of pine sap. The run was probably the worst producer I've had in a long time, maybe two gallons all in.šŸ™ But as we all know, its in the toke, all three plants produced a good hit from the tester buds, and can only get better with a cure, so no worries on that front. Not many pics this week, hoping to get my space sorted this weekend so I have some thing to show you next week. Pics.

Pure Kush.
PK H2

PK H1

Zkittles.
Zkittles H1

Zkittles H3

Juan Herer.
JH H2

JH H3

That's this run jarred and signed off, Just got to get things spun round, and we're off again, so watch this space and see what's poppin next, until then, just keep tokin folks. šŸ‘

SSgrower

SSgrower

I just harvested my run of two dank strains & sold a Benjamin right away to my grow buddy,Lol. Well I've given him enough for free so it's about time he paid huh,Cheers! SS Thanks for the views.

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, hope your all well. šŸ™‚ Got a bit of work done on our grow space, plan to plant the chosen seeds for this run today, heavy rain here, so indoor jobs card only today. šŸ‘ I have ordered some new seeds, but they're still in the post, so having to use up old stock that I have in my seed safe. šŸ¤« You watch, I'll plant seeds and the new stock will hit the door mat on Monday, I'd bet money on it. lol I'm going with 400w HID for light, the usual drain to waste system, with Hydrotund for a medium, purely for an easy life, coco would be my first choice, but the mess puts me off, or more specifically, my partner hates the mess coco makes, and parks the Hoover outside my grow space door, think she's trying to tell me some thing, but I just can't put my finger on it, she'll tell me when she's ready. šŸ˜ Four seeds are being planted in the Root Riot cubes, and the cubes placed in pots, and the pots placed where the plants will stay until chop. I'm scrogging all four plants and have made up a new frame from the now famous white water pipe, glued the corners on. I just pushed the corners on the first time I built one of these frames, and the plants kept pushing the corners off, which I found a little frustating, so don't be dim, glue them in. šŸ‘ Ordered some pea mesh, I like this over the ropey type stuff as I can wash the plastic pea mesh before its employed, thus washing off bug, mites, thrips, and eggs. šŸ˜‰ Pics.

Just slung this together to give you an idea of how it will look when I get the seeds planted today. The popped seed in the Root Riots will be placed under the paint shop cup cloches until the seedlings take off. Could do with all four popping for a fast filled scrog, as if one has a no show, then its a waiting game for the remaining seeds to fill the scrog in, would like this run over before Summer. šŸ¤ž
Pots Set

Seed choice. Going for another Chocolate Skunk from 00, last one was a really nice toke, very fruity with an earthy after taste, nice. Amnesia Lemon needs no introduction as its been around a long while, not as lemony as Super Lemon Haze, but it does the job. Last time I ran the Franco's Lemon Cheese under HID it grew into the light shade, shouldn't do it this time as its being scrogged, but I've no doubt it will try. And my final choice is this Barney's Farm Critical Kush, another old pack of seeds, think they have different packaging now, think I've had this pack for seven years, last seed, hope it pops.šŸ¤ž
Seed Selecton

And that's where we are at the moment, hoping to have four leggy leaning seedlings to show you next week, with or with out crutches. lol Will that seven year old kush pop, will my seedlings look like Cress, again, find out next week, until then, just keep tokin folks. šŸ‘

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom