Chemistry's persoanl grow.

• Thread starter chemistry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Morning tokers and growers, hope your all well. 🙂 Got a bit of work done on our grow space, plan to plant the chosen seeds for this run today, heavy rain here, so indoor jobs card only today. 👍 I have ordered some new seeds, but they're still in the post, so having to use up old stock that I have in my seed safe. 🤫 You watch, I'll plant seeds and the new stock will hit the door mat on Monday, I'd bet money on it. lol I'm going with 400w HID for light, the usual drain to waste system, with Hydrotund for a medium, purely for an easy life, coco would be my first choice, but the mess puts me off, or more specifically, my partner hates the mess coco makes, and parks the Hoover outside my grow space door, think she's trying to tell me some thing, but I just can't put my finger on it, she'll tell me when she's ready. 😁 Four seeds are being planted in the Root Riot cubes, and the cubes placed in pots, and the pots placed where the plants will stay until chop. I'm scrogging all four plants and have made up a new frame from the now famous white water pipe, glued the corners on. I just pushed the corners on the first time I built one of these frames, and the plants kept pushing the corners off, which I found a little frustating, so don't be dim, glue them in. 👍 Ordered some pea mesh, I like this over the ropey type stuff as I can wash the plastic pea mesh before its employed, thus washing off bug, mites, thrips, and eggs. 😉 Pics.

Just slung this together to give you an idea of how it will look when I get the seeds planted today. The popped seed in the Root Riots will be placed under the paint shop cup cloches until the seedlings take off. Could do with all four popping for a fast filled scrog, as if one has a no show, then its a waiting game for the remaining seeds to fill the scrog in, would like this run over before Summer. 🤞
View attachment 1216369

Seed choice. Going for another Chocolate Skunk from 00, last one was a really nice toke, very fruity with an earthy after taste, nice. Amnesia Lemon needs no introduction as its been around a long while, not as lemony as Super Lemon Haze, but it does the job. Last time I ran the Franco's Lemon Cheese under HID it grew into the light shade, shouldn't do it this time as its being scrogged, but I've no doubt it will try. And my final choice is this Barney's Farm Critical Kush, another old pack of seeds, think they have different packaging now, think I've had this pack for seven years, last seed, hope it pops.🤞
View attachment 1216370

And that's where we are at the moment, hoping to have four leggy leaning seedlings to show you next week, with or with out crutches. lol Will that seven year old kush pop, will my seedlings look like Cress, again, find out next week, until then, just keep tokin folks. 👍
heck ya it pop bro,scar it up in some sand paper ,soak in a 50/50 mix peroxide and water for 24 hr,hahahah tickled me about the hover,my girl would kill me more over the skunk smell,GT gave me some seeds that smelled like a breeding ground for them and i mean im deaf now from the screaming ever time i open the closet door to the grow ,lol
i like the coco myself when i need to stock up and hurry about it,good luck and your right as soon as you drop those the new will show up

Madmax

Madmax

Morning tokers and growers, its Saturday, hope your all well, not much to report this week, been really busy. Nearly got the grow space cleaned and de-bugged, thinking about a four plant grow this run, if I can germinate four seeds at once, lol and then scrog them out, not ran a scrog for a while, so will make a change grow a different way, not decided on seeds, but one I fancy is the Chocolate Skunk, that was a really nice toke last time I grew it, so maybe pop one of those. Ran out of Super Lemon Haze seeds, so an Amnesia Lemon may make an appearance, love a good lemon strain. 🙂 Just the other two strains to pick out, which shouldn't take long, as I've not a lot to choose from, so that reduces the hours of indecision to a minimum. lol The last run is dried and jarred ready for a cure, not a lot of trim, so there was medium sadness around the hash bucket, oh no, no hash this run. 😁 The Pure Kush is as fruity as a strain can be, smells like jam on toast. 😁 The Juan Herer is also fruity, but not as fruity as the PK. The Zkittles has an earthy smell to it just like the last one I grew, with a hint of pine sap. The run was probably the worst producer I've had in a long time, maybe two gallons all in.🙁 But as we all know, its in the toke, all three plants produced a good hit from the tester buds, and can only get better with a cure, so no worries on that front. Not many pics this week, hoping to get my space sorted this weekend so I have some thing to show you next week. Pics.

Pure Kush.
View attachment 1213789
View attachment 1213787

Zkittles.
View attachment 1213790
View attachment 1213791

Juan Herer.
View attachment 1213792
View attachment 1213793

That's this run jarred and signed off, Just got to get things spun round, and we're off again, so watch this space and see what's poppin next, until then, just keep tokin folks. 👍
Looks very appetising under the flash chem..a scrog hey.well you got me sitting up.def something im interested in and plan on doing down the track..a sea of coneheads coming up 😍😍😍

chemistry

chemistry

heck ya it pop bro,scar it up in some sand paper ,soak in a 50/50 mix peroxide and water for 24 hr,hahahah tickled me about the hover,my girl would kill me more over the skunk smell,GT gave me some seeds that smelled like a breeding ground for them and i mean im deaf now from the screaming ever time i open the closet door to the grow ,lol
i like the coco myself when i need to stock up and hurry about it,good luck and your right as soon as you drop those the new will show up

It goes with out saying that I never used the hoover, only as a door stop, or next I'll be doing the hallway, then the bedrooms. 😁

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, howz it hanging this, sunny here for a change, Saturday morning. 😎 Well I didn't get round to setting seeds until Thursday, so they're just popping through, first was the Chocolate Skunk by 00, then the Franco's Lemon Cheese, followed by the Amnesia Lemon, brining up the rear is the Critical Kush. Think I've had this seed over 8 years, don't think Barney's Farm use the same packaging any more? I'll find out next time I order some of their seeds. 🙂 Just goes to show how resilient hemp seed is to pop in a couple of days after 8 years. Looks like a four out of four this run, all four seeds popped, not had that in a while. 😁 Not a lot to show this week, seeds are just breaking through, hope to have straight up stems with a couple of leaves on top by next week. lol Got conformation for my new seed order, should be here this week some time, so next run we can have some thing different to look at for a change. Pics.

Critical Kush by Barney's Farm.
Critical Kush S1b

Chocolate Skunk by 00. Can't remember who said they'd grown this, think it was Mosh, said it was a nice smoke as he had grown it before, and I have to agree, so here goes another. 👍
Chocolate Skunk S1b

Amnesia Lemon by unknown. (a freebee)
Amnesia Lemon S1b

Franco's Lemon Cheese by Green House Seeds. Just a brown spec, but its doing its best. 👍
Francos Lemon Cheese S1b

That's the seeds popped, up to them now. They all seem to be growing at the same rate, can't see that lasting long, a dollar says by next week the seedlings are all different sizes, and we'll be able to see which strain is going to be the strongest of the bunch, my money is on the Franco's Lemon Cheese, as last time I grew it it grew into the HID's light shade. Not this run, as its a scrog run, but I'll bet it tries to take over, not that I'm bothered, as its a nice toke. But that's not for a few weeks yet, hopefully in six weeks the scrog will be filled and ready to flip to flower. 😎 Main thing now is to make sure the seedlings don't damp off or pick up any moulds due to the amount of water we have to throw at seedlings, so how many will survive my rough treatment, will any damp off or drown, tune in next week and find out, until then, just keep tokin folks. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Good morning tokers and growers, hope your all well. 🙂 All four seedlings are still flourishing, got good colour, and all straight as flag poles, the only straggler is the Critical Kush, bit slow on the leaf development scene, but its doing its best, eight year old seed, but this week it should make a couple of leaves to gather some light, then it will be off, no stopping it then. Feed wise, I'm feeding nothing at the moment until they look like they need some thing, the way they're going, maybe next week they'll get some Canna A and B vega. So that's the first week of the seedling stage behind us. Another week and they should start to look like plants and start to develop stout strunks to support all the lovely buds that will be hanging from their branches, glistening like Christmas baubles. 😁 Got my new seed order, came Wednesday, so next run we'll have a range of seeds I've not grown before, along with freebees. Got a couple of Auto seeds in the order, I'm thinking that an indoor Auto grow might be on the cards for a later run, thinking five would be ideal in my space, four in a square and one in the middle, this should give me a nice canopy with minimum gaps, maybe this coming Winter, fancy them in coco, but the mess coco makes puts me off. 😁 Anyway, enough future babble, lets have some pics. 👍

Critical Kush. Slowest to grow.
Critical Kush S2a

Chocolate Skunk. This was a really nice fruity toke last time I grew it, hoping for the same again. 🙂
Chocolate Skunk S2b

Amnesia Lemon. Going well.
Amnesia Lemon S2a

Franco's Lemon Cheese. This is a nice strain to grow, a good return for your effort, and a nice toke. 👍
Francos Lemon Cheese S2

And there goes the seedlings first week with new leaves, could do with the Critical Kush getting a move on and catch up bit, I'm sure it will. And that's where we are, things should speed up this week now the solar panels are growing, we'll find out next week. All's well at the moment, but will it stay that way, find out next week, until then, just keep tokin folks. 👍

Madmax

Madmax

Dont worry bout the little mess coco makes..it kicks ass 😃.
Are you running canna classic .

chemistry

chemistry

Dont worry bout the little mess coco makes..it kicks ass 😃.
Are you running canna classic .

Yes, basic Canna A and B vega. I've grown in coco before, its just messy if you have a run to waste set up, with the Hydroton its just waste nuits to get rid of. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Hey dude do you want me to fix the spelling in your title and delete this post? I’m nothing if not a good secretary

No, the spelling is fine, its to stop all the traffic landing here from folk googling personal grows, and me logging into stacks of questions that take my whole visit here to sort out. Whilst I don't mind helping people out, I'm not on here to babysit anyone. When I first joined the Farm in 2017 it was run by bullies that just ripped newbies to shreds, so I started to help people out, but was buried in PM's that I just didn't have the time to answer, then they got lairy because I didn't sort out their problems, so I started to use the ignore button, and stopped following people. To my current followers, my apologies. Have you got the comparison grow started Moe?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Yeah but muh leaves have spots please help. Jk

I got the first tent converted from 6 sites down to 2 yesterday water in the system today. I’ll have both tents operational by next weekend. Now I just need to find the 4 clones I want to run. Should be in test mode within the month of march.

Ive been offered clones from several people but I am just not sure what I will do about genetics yet. Got any tips? And how come my ph drops every night. And new growth is lime green is that normal? And is it ok if I have just a few bugs not too many? What light should I get? Yes, I am a jackass. 😁

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

No, the spelling is fine, its to stop all the traffic landing here from folk googling personal grows, and me logging into stacks of questions that take my whole visit here to sort out. Whilst I don't mind helping people out, I'm not on here to babysit anyone. When I first joined the Farm in 2017 it was run by bullies that just ripped newbies to shreds, so I started to help people out, but was buried in PM's that I just didn't have the time to answer, then they got lairy because I didn't sort out their problems, so I started to use the ignore button, and stopped following people. To my current followers, my apologies. Have you got the comparison grow started Moe?
write on bro,there still a bully here ,but you are correct, i think a rolling feed like the den would help this site a lot,but im just a old country boy, all the crew we came with are gone now but hey it is another day.
there so many new faces here ,leaves a feller to wonder what happened with them all you explained it to a tee hahaha ,any way i be glad when this weather is springish ,i dont remember if i posted on this site,but back first of dec i found a seed in a bowl i was smoking, no clue the strain hahah,but for shits and giggles i just put it in the raised bed behind the house,just took the bucket off it again and the damn thang is still alive, been frezzing at least 3 days a week since dec,2 ice storms a hint of snow and this thing is still alive,it only about 3 inch tall but alive,
go figure you find a strain that can handle a bit of the cold stuff and no clue what it is hahah

chemistry

chemistry

write on bro,there still a bully here ,but you are correct, i think a rolling feed like the den would help this site a lot,but im just a old country boy, all the crew we came with are gone now but hey it is another day.
there so many new faces here ,leaves a feller to wonder what happened with them all you explained it to a tee hahaha ,any way i be glad when this weather is springish ,i dont remember if i posted on this site,but back first of dec i found a seed in a bowl i was smoking, no clue the strain hahah,but for shits and giggles i just put it in the raised bed behind the house,just took the bucket off it again and the damn thang is still alive, been frezzing at least 3 days a week since dec,2 ice storms a hint of snow and this thing is still alive,it only about 3 inch tall but alive,
go figure you find a strain that can handle a bit of the cold stuff and no clue what it is hahah

Auto's seem to be able to hack a fair bit of cold, had one out in frost and hail two years ago, a Gorilla Glue type, and it did well, I was impressed with the end result. Not seen any old crew on here for a while, Reno said some were on other sites, I only have time to inhabit this one. Spring is on its way, the days are getting longer and the sun is getting stronger.👍

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Auto's seem to be able to hack a fair bit of cold, had one out in frost and hail two years ago, a Gorilla Glue type, and it did well, I was impressed with the end result. Not seen any old crew on here for a while, Reno said some were on other sites, I only have time to inhabit this one. Spring is on its way, the days are getting longer and the sun is getting stronger.👍
sad thing for mine is it wont be able to grow,i got a private airport couple miles from the house and uncle sam been flying around here every since the election ,checking the border ,like that something to see hahaha
so i will be pulling it when the weather gets hot,as long as the thing has been in ground if i let it go to flower it be a dang tree up side the house hahah
i dont know what other sites there on ,im about on all them

chemistry

chemistry

Good morning tokers and growers, its time for another Saturday update. 🙂 All four seedlings are still alive, but only three are doing well, the Critical Kush is falling behind, and the ten year old seed is looking a little off colour, and looks like its not going to grow up to be a tree. This is more than likely to be the age of the seed and its storage, as I don't have a state of the art seed storage facility, just an old vintage tin with a black plastic bag. 😁 So we'll have to see how it goes with the Critical Kush, my feelings are that it will fail, as its no where near as big as the others, and looks like its only popped this week. The other three plants are on point, they're not suffering any lag like the Critical Kush, which makes me happy. 🙂 So it looks like its going to be a three plant scrog instead of a four. 😁 Anyway, lets have some pics. 👍

Critical Kush. This seedling has stalled.
Critical Kush S3a

Chocolate Skunk. You can see the size difference between the seedlings since last week.
Chocolate Skunk S3b

Amnesia Lemon.
Amnesia Lemon S3a

Franco's Lemon Cheese.
Francos Lemon Cheese S3a

Other things. RIGHT! Fucking small ossi fans, drive me fucking mad, brand new they don't last long. Well I paid in January for two brand new ossi fans, first died after 3 weeks, second one died Monday just gone. 🤬 So what do you do? Buy more fans, then more fans, and more fans. Fuck that, I decided to have a look at some of the small ossi fans I have piled up in my workshop, had six or seven, kept for spares, that I never got round to sorting, so yesterday evening, I had a bit of spare time, until my grow space went quiet? You got it, another fucking fan died. 😡 So this pushed me into the workshop for an investigation, and after a large bong, which in the end just slowed the job down, but I got there in the end. 😇 I was amazed at what I found, all the same cause of breakdown, so what do you think it was?

This is the problem with all seven ossi fans I had. For those that are not mechanically minded, the bar on the cog has worn through the wire, strange thing about it is the fuse didn't blow?
So off came the rotation bar, then I cut out the blown wire at the blown point, soldered the wire back together, and covered the joint with heat shrink.
The blown wire (black one).
Fan 1

The burnt off wire after it was cut from the loom, you can see the burn out in the middle of the two cuts.
Fan 9

One thing, if you do this repair your self, which is easy, do REMEMBER that the fuse may not have blown when you remove the fans plug from your power socket, so watch your fingers. If you don't fancy the doing the job your self, then take your fan collection to some one who's competent with higher voltages, because it doesn't half make you swear if you get a belt from your mains, you've been warned. 😁

And there you go, another quality update updated. So if you don't manage to fry your self this weekend, tune in next week to see if the Critical Kush makes it or not, I don't think it will reach flower, but then I've been wrong before, and I'm willing to be wrong again, until next week, just keep tokin folks. 👍

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

I’m with ya 1 Is enuff - I haven’t been around that long but long enuff that I’m gettin ready to drop some of Reno’s hyper cherry pie .

chemistry

chemistry

I’m with ya 1 Is enuff - I haven’t been around that long but long enuff that I’m gettin ready to drop some of Reno’s hyper cherry pie .

Not seen any of Reno's stuff for a while, not toked any either, but the plants he was growing on here looked the business, NH ran some too, and the pics he posted to me were of quite frosty looking kush types, stick a good pic up of your version Mosh. 👍 I struggle to visit the Farm enough to keep up, never mind other sites, would love to help out modding, but I just don't have that much spare time, between work and home life, buddies and family, that takes up most of my waking hours. 😁

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Good morning tokers and growers, its time for another Saturday update. 🙂 All four seedlings are still alive, but only three are doing well, the Critical Kush is falling behind, and the ten year old seed is looking a little off colour, and looks like its not going to grow up to be a tree. This is more than likely to be the age of the seed and its storage, as I don't have a state of the art seed storage facility, just an old vintage tin with a black plastic bag. 😁 So we'll have to see how it goes with the Critical Kush, my feelings are that it will fail, as its no where near as big as the others, and looks like its only popped this week. The other three plants are on point, they're not suffering any lag like the Critical Kush, which makes me happy. 🙂 So it looks like its going to be a three plant scrog instead of a four. 😁 Anyway, lets have some pics. 👍

Critical Kush. This seedling has stalled.
View attachment 1222940

Chocolate Skunk. You can see the size difference between the seedlings since last week.
View attachment 1222941

Amnesia Lemon.
View attachment 1222942

Franco's Lemon Cheese.
View attachment 1222943

Other things. RIGHT! Fucking small ossi fans, drive me fucking mad, brand new they don't last long. Well I paid in January for two brand new ossi fans, first died after 3 weeks, second one died Monday just gone. 🤬 So what do you do? Buy more fans, then more fans, and more fans. Fuck that, I decided to have a look at some of the small ossi fans I have piled up in my workshop, had six or seven, kept for spares, that I never got round to sorting, so yesterday evening, I had a bit of spare time, until my grow space went quiet? You got it, another fucking fan died. 😡 So this pushed me into the workshop for an investigation, and after a large bong, which in the end just slowed the job down, but I got there in the end. 😇 I was amazed at what I found, all the same cause of breakdown, so what do you think it was?

This is the problem with all seven ossi fans I had. For those that are not mechanically minded, the bar on the cog has worn through the wire, strange thing about it is the fuse didn't blow?
So off came the rotation bar, then I cut out the blown wire at the blown point, soldered the wire back together, and covered the joint with heat shrink.
The blown wire (black one).
View attachment 1222945

The burnt off wire after it was cut from the loom, you can see the burn out in the middle of the two cuts.
View attachment 1222946

One thing, if you do this repair your self, which is easy, do REMEMBER that the fuse may not have blown when you remove the fans plug from your power socket, so watch your fingers. If you don't fancy the doing the job your self, then take your fan collection to some one who's competent with higher voltages, because it doesn't half make you swear if you get a belt from your mains, you've been warned. 😁

And there you go, another quality update updated. So if you don't manage to fry your self this weekend, tune in next week to see if the Critical Kush makes it or not, I don't think it will reach flower, but then I've been wrong before, and I'm willing to be wrong again, until next week, just keep tokin folks. 👍
did you get that critical kush from that dude on the den, cant remember his name , use to sell a crap load of seeds there
if so i had same issues with it myself a slow grower ,i did smoke it but the plant really should have been culled,also didnt you already grow this once and had same issue?
im not talking about closet grower , just cant remember his name i got a crap load of seeds from him all were good except the critical ,i do know i fought that bitch all the way but the smoke was sure enough worth waiting

chemistry

chemistry

did you get that critical kush from that dude on the den, cant remember his name , use to sell a crap load of seeds there
if so i had same issues with it myself a slow grower ,i did smoke it but the plant really should have been culled,also didnt you already grow this once and had same issue?
im not talking about closet grower , just cant remember his name i got a crap load of seeds from him all were good except the critical ,i do know i fought that bitch all the way but the smoke was sure enough worth waiting

I can't remember which vendor I bought them from, remember them not being top notch, which is more than likely why I have one left, glad to see the back of them Oldy. If you look at the first pic of the seeds, the Critical Kush came up at the same time, they just don't want to take off after they pop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom