Chemistry's persoanl grow.

• Thread starter chemistry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
BabyFarmer

BabyFarmer

I like both outdoor and indoor, and get some thing back from both. Summer outdoor when possible, and as organic as I can, which is why outdoors I only grow in soil. Indoor growing I love too, you just cant beat getting home from a hard day at work, fed, showered, and sit down and have a beer and smoke with your plants. I'm oldskool in the way I like to grow under MH and HPS, nothing against LED, but the HPS is Summer in the depth of Winter, sunglasses are optional. 😎 Some times I lean to DWC, flood n drain, and the odd coco grow, so I have no set plan, except I like to keep things simple, done big grows in the past, but it's all more work, and I can't be arsed anymore. lol Hence the name of my diary. I have buddies who grow, so no shortage of flavours and strains to go at, my only problem is I just cant stay awake like I used too. lol
I feel ya buddy. Still, up at 0400 every day... thanks for giving me good reading material. It will come in use.

BabyFarmer

BabyFarmer

Hahahhaa! Same :) I'm not into LEDs either. I have been using the same Flouro setup for the last 10 years with those little itty bitty flouro grow bulbs. I just mix them veg and bloom, every other one. Seems to do what it needs to do for my veg and momma plants. I used to use an HPS/MH combo lamp but the things get SO freaking hot and I live in a hot climate as it is. Just got sick of it so I traded that thing out for three 4x2 flouro fixtures that are kick ass. They only get it at night though. Everything is outside during the day unless the weather sucks. Also into the bonsai thing. These young bucks talk about super cropping and the old school SOG. I like using bonsai techniques for training branches and root trimming to keep mommas micro sized. Everyone has their own techniques that work for them. As long as the leaves are army green and the buds are frosty and chronic, I really don't think there are wrong answers. I kind of laugh at people who are testing PH from the run off of their plants and the like. A lot of this has REALLY gone overboard imo.

When do you do your first defoliation?

~~~Anecdotal evidence is the best evidence, provided it truthful. It always comes with proper context.

chemistry

chemistry

~~~Anecdotal evidence is the best evidence, provided it truthful. It always comes with proper context.

I don't as such, I only remove leaves that get in the way during veg, they will get topped to make them bushy in an attempt to keep them short, as I don't have endless height, but I don't do the stripped branches all the way up to the cola thing, leaves are power to a plant. A good tidy up the second week of flower and that's it.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter

Depends on the plant and what I want to develop during veg. This strain is one that I like side shoot "colas" from so at about 12 inches I whack the shit out of it, leave the growth shoot alone (I'm not height limited) and go for the big cola. As you can see it has fan leaf development again but not a lot of little buds on the inner parts of each branch. Yep that's a bath tub lol. I use an unused guest bathroom for my dark room lolol :)))

chemistry

chemistry

Afternoon T n G's, it's Saturday, two days off work, time to chill out and kick back with the family friends, but not until I've posted this update. 🙂 Seedlings are now young plants. Three of the foursome are taking off, but he Sticky Fingers is nine days behind, and only looks like it's just trying to grow, real slow seedling for such a vigorous tree when it gets going. 😕 The other three plants are not holding back, their off the starting block and heading into the sun. 😎 Right onto the pics, don't know if I'm getting any better with the new camera or not, need to get sat down and read the user manual, but when I get the time, I sit down and have a smoke, then I think fuck it, I'll do it another day. lol So anyway, pics.

First up is the Zkittles, week four from seed, and looking not bad. 🙂
DSC00553 2

Next up is the Chocolate Skunk, 4 weeks from seed, and just starting to find it's legs. 👍
DSC00554 2

Then we have the Franco's Lemon Cheese, I do like a lemon strain, looking forward to this one. 🙂
DSC00556 2

And the Sticky Fingers bringing up the rear, might chuck it in the compost if it takes the piss to much this time. lol
DSC00560 2

The outdoor Gorilla Glue Auto is thriving too, apart from the odd leaf muncher and endless wind and rain we have at the minute, it's coping really well.

Gorilla Glue Auto, day 92 from seed, and starting to fill out, and it stinks for it's size. I've been told that the stronger an auto smells, the better the hit? We'll see. lol
DSC00565 2

Packing it on and becoming frosty.
DSC00566 2

And that's this Saturday update, updated, off to do family things now, see you next week, keep tokin folks. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, hope your all well on this sunny Saturday morning. 😎 All the plants are doing well, hoping to flip to flower next week, there are some preliminary female traits starting to show on a couple of the plants, so nearly blue touch paper time. 🙂 I've removed a couple of the fan leaves so the side shoots get so good strong light, apart from that, nothing has been done to alter them in any way, not been topped either, watch these plants grow into the lights. lol The Sticky Fingers is still holding up the party, but it's getting flipped whether it's ready or not. Still on Canna A and B veg nuits, with a splash of Calmag and a few mills of Cannazyme. Pictures speak a thousand words, so lets move onto them.

Zkittles week 5 of veg.
DSC00567 2

Franco's Lemon Cheese, week 5 of veg.
DSC00568 2

Chocolate Skunk, week 5 of veg.
DSC00569 2

Sticky Fingers, week 4 of veg.
DSC00570 2

All the indoor plants are rockin and rollin. The oudoor auto is also doing well, could do with some wall to wall sun now to fatten up, but other than that it's doing well, and here are it's pics.

Gorilla Glue Auto, outdoor, day 99.
DSC00573

Getting a little frosty. 🙂
DSC00574 2

Everything is on auto pilot (pun) at the minute, no defs, only the odd leaf muncher on the auto. And now It's time to kick back and enjoy the weekend, stay safe folks, just keep tokin. 👍

Last edited:
chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, it's Saturday at last, time to rest my ancient body before the alarm clock wakes me Monday morning, cant wait. 😏 But until then it's BBQ time, and a smoke with some buddies. And this is where my Saturday mornings seem to start. Plants are growing fast, and will be flipped today some time, just got to clean and change the bulb to HPS, Summer time in the grow. 😎 Only one plant dragging it's heals and that's the Sticky Fingers, again. I've not faired well with this strain, last time out it looked rough all through flowering, so no sympathy for it. The Sticky Fingers will be run as it is, and if it starts to fail it will be pulled and fed to the compost worms. 🙂 All the other plants are doing well, the Franco's Lemon Cheese is a strong looking plant, nice strong stems and good leaf structure. The Zkittles is a straggly looking plant, hope it develops some good branches to hold up the buds, I'm not a fan of tying plants up, I just find it tedious work. The Chocolate Skunk is a nice looking plant, hope it does well as I have it on good form that it does taste of chocolate, nice. The winning post is 8 weeks away, C'mon. Right, on with the pics. 🙂

The Sticky Fingers. I've not flowered anything this young before, so this is an experiment, would be nice to get a smoke from it. 🙂
DSC00578 2

The Zkittles. Not had a result from these seeds either, last two were males. So hoping for a lady this time. 🤞
DSC00575 2

Chocolate Skunk.
DSC00576 2

Franco's Lemon Cheese.
DSC00577 2

And a group shot, think this will start to fill out next week after a week of flowering. 😎
DSC00579 2

And finally my outdoor Gorilla Glue Auto. Looks like it's fading fast, the big fan leaves are being sucked in by the plant in a bid to finish flower, love it. 😎
DSC00590 2

DSC00604 2

Don't think the auto has long left, pilfered a nugget yesterday, sun dried, and it was a pleasant hit, so it should improve with age and a cure, lovely. 🙂
And that's us updated, will flip to flower later when I get a minute, and see how many ladies 🙂 or gents we have. ☹ See what happens this week.
Keep tokin folks. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Yo T n G's, it's Saturday, time for a quick pick and update. All's well with this run, week one gone of flower, even the Sticky Fingers is pulling it's weight, think this four are going to bolt for the sun, week one of flower gone and they've already put on a good foot of new growth, got them all pencilled in for a two and a half foot stretch, this will see me with 22 inches of distance between the HPS and the tips of the plants, 400 watt. Always nice if you can get things to fit. lol

We have an all female line up, which is nice, even the Sticky Fingers is looking like a babe, although it may be hiding a dick some were, we'll see. No thrips visible, wouldn't bother me if they don't put in an appearance. 🙂 The Gorilla Glue Auto is down and drying, it's currently drying in the shed due to rain, would really love to finish drying in the sun, but rain is forecast for the next two days. 😔 Right, onto the orange pics. 🙂

Zkittle's is first up, nice branching, first of 4 seeds that turned out to be female, one no show and two males.
DSC00582 2

Chocolate Skunk is doing well, no deffs or bites. Nice center cola forming.
DSC00584 2

Franco's Lemon Cheese is a nice compact indica looking plant, would be nice if it tasted of lemon. 🙂
DSC00585 2

Sticky Fingers. Youngest plant I've ever flowered, was thinking it would just fall behind the others and get swamped, but I think it has other ideas. 😁
DSC00586 2

Group shot, all just finished week one of flower and entering weed two, the Sticky Fingers is 9 days behind the other three (top right corner behind the Franco).
DSC00587 2

And it's the last time this plant will appear in this diary as it's been chopped, my Gorilla Glue Auto is down. Don't know what to expect weight wise as it was a small plant, would be happy with a couple of ounces, it was no bother to grow, did it on it's own apart from the odd water when it was dry, would I grow another outdoor auto? Yes, if you don't expect to much, then you have nothing to loose, but be warned if you grow in a hot area, because they stink for their size, imagine poking a small skunk with a pointy stick, and your some were close. 😁 The smoke is not bad, had a crafty bud from the bottom when I cut it down, and I have to say it was a nice hit, not couch lock, but lively, good for those days when you only want to be softly stoned and not battered. lol
DSC00608 2

And that concludes another update. I'll post the dry weight of the auto when it's dried and if it stays sunny. 😎 And that's a wrap.

Keep Tokin Folks. 🙂

chemistry

chemistry

Hi mate..gee they turned out okay after the lanky start..looking good bro 👍

Thanks, It's my fault the get lanky, it's because I forget to check them when they pop (have to work, until I win the lotto), and under the strip lights they bolt to the light, big thanks to the inventor of pipe cleaners. lol

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, hope your all geared up for the weekend. All four plants have just finished week two of flower, and all female, even the Zkittles is a babe, nice after the last 3 of 4 seeds were males. 😡 And the Sticky Fingers looks good this time round, same feeding as the last one, but this plant is gobbling up the feed with no defs? Dodgy strain maybe? Anyway, I'm just glad it's a babe, now I've a chance to get my moneys worth out of the seeds. 🙂
The Zkittles is a tall plant, think it's gonna be a light toucher, hope it's not a fire starter. 😁 The Chocolate Skunk is looking nice, it's going for it just like the Zkittles. The Franco's Lemon Cheese is loving life, a nice compact plant compared to the other Sativa doms, so could be a couch locker, nice. I've no problems to report, no defs, and best of all, no bugs. 🤞 So it's been a good week on the grow front. 🙂 Lets have some orange pics.

Zkittles, week 2 of flower, check out the Sativaness.
DSC00625 3

Choclate Skunk, week 2 of flower.
DSC00622 3

Franco's Lemon Cheese, week 2 of flower.
DSC00623 2

Sticky Fingers, week two of flower, but popped 9 days later than the other 3, can it catch up? It was the biggest plant last run. We'll see. 😉
DSC00624 2

The Gorilla Glue Auto is not completely dry as we've had a lot of rain, as soon as it's dry I'll get it on the scales and get an end weight. Other than that its a wrap on this update. Week 3 of flower starts today, so we'll see how this week goes. Catch you all next week. Keep Tokin Folks. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Final weight for the Gorilla Glue Auto outdoor plant is 56g, said I'd be happy with 2oz from this plant, and this is what I ended up with. The hit won't blow your socks off, but it's a nice pleasant hit, like a good Sativa, but with out the LSD visual effects. Good if your in the workshop and want to keep all of your fingers, or cant be arsed to play the where did I put that game. 😁 Only thing I need to work out now, is which one to grow next season. 🙂 Also wish I'd trimmed a bit tighter.

DSC00628 2

56g is my target to beat next year. Keep tokin folks. 👍

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Final weight for the Gorilla Glue Auto outdoor plant is 56g, said I'd be happy with 2oz from this plant, and this is what I ended up with. The hit won't blow your socks off, but it's a nice pleasant hit, like a good Sativa, but with out the LSD visual effects. Good if your in the workshop and want to keep all of your fingers, or cant be arsed to play the where did I put that game. 😁 Only thing I need to work out now, is which one to grow next season. 🙂 Also wish I'd trimmed a bit tighter.

View attachment 1020037

56g is my target to beat next year. Keep tokin folks. 👍

Was this an autoflowering version of the GG#4? or a photoperiod. Nice thread BTW.

chemistry

chemistry

Was this an autoflowering version of the GG#4? or a photoperiod. Nice thread BTW.

Yes, auto Gorilla Glue, I bought one just to see if it would do any good outdoors, to say I'm impressed with its growing ability, it's had flash floods, scorching sun, wind that pushed over large trees, and it still produced the goods, two ounce of good weed, and easy to look after. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Morning tokers and growers, got that Saturday feeling again. We're now starting week 4 of flower, no defs, and no bugs. 😁 Only problem I have is my Chocolate Skunk has fallen over, not an over all problem, just would like it stood up. Other than that the plants are done stretching, so what I have will be the final height bar some bud fattening, so at least I know the plants will fit the space. The Zkittles seems to be the tallest, it stretched in typical Sativa dom style, hoping for a solid cola instead of staggered buds, but it's a wait and see job. 🙂 The Chocolate Skunk is giving the Zkittle's a good run for it's money, equally as tall, but it's leafier than the Zkittle's as it's more indica based. The Franco's Lemon Cheese is just getting on with it, no defs, good colour, what more can you ask from a plant. The seedling Sticky Fingers is doing well to say it was so young when I threw it into flower, still time for it to go wayward, but it looks ok for the time being. So lets look at the pics. 🙂

First up is the Sticky Fingers, not a massive plant this time round, but then it was put into flower early as it was 9 days behind the others in veg from sprout.
DSC00649

Franco's Lemon Cheese, budding well.
DSC00648 2

Zkittles, a tall leggy plant, some nice muff on it. 🙂
DSC00647

Chocolate Skunk, another easy going plant to grow, done nothing to it accept feed and water. Half of it fell over into the corner.
DSC00643 2

A quick vid of all 4 plants soaking up the sun and swaying in a gentle breeze.

That about wraps it up for this week. Been told flu 19 hates to live in smokey lungs, so I'm off to spend the weekend protecting my self, so keep toking folks. 👍

Last edited:
Growrx

Growrx

How much nutrients do you push on your plants? ( specifically the chocolate skunk) but I think I’m holding back on my photo

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yes, auto Gorilla Glue, I bought one just to see if it would do any good outdoors, to say I'm impressed with its growing ability, it's had flash floods, scorching sun, wind that pushed over large trees, and it still produced the goods, two ounce of good weed, and easy to look after. 👍

Well I got the GG#4 auto from Crop King, but out of the 4 strains I purchased, this was the worse one, by far. I don't think any of the 3 seeds made it. I don't see any of them marked, I had at least one that lived, but I can't find it. 2 of 3 popped, and both were runts, I know one died as a sprout, 3 or 4 days out.

The other ones I have from them are doing fine, the Early Miss (mazar) auto seems to be doing best, followed by the White Widow auto, and the Purple Haze auto, but the GG#4 auto was certainly disappointing,

I've got a few more seeds of it, so I'm going to give it another try, but I do have a GG#4 photo, (about 1 meter tall) that was a bag seed, and it's doing OK, (about 1 week into flower) I've also got some feminized auto pollen in the works (should be converting soon, it's been 2 weeks) and some male autopollen in another room, in case this is a wash.

These 2 auto's appear to be difficult customers. I've had problems converting past strains, but not with this new formula, but I haven't given up yet.
Come hell or high water, I'm going to have some specimens, I just don't know if there going to be feminized or not, or which one's I'll get done first. Personally, I rather like taking credit for my own breed, than simply producing a copy of someone else's iteration.

First 3 pics are the girls I'm trying to convert, the 4th one is the GG#4 photo, and the 5th is my "backup auto" male plan. LOL, it's really wind whipped and ragged from it's place in front of the fan, in the flowering room. Looks like he's thrown most of his pollen, but I suspect there's much more in there.

IMG 20200829 015004
IMG 20200829 015011
IMG 20200829 015020
IMG 20200829 015042
IMG 20200829 015057
chemistry

chemistry

How much nutrients do you push on your plants? ( specifically the chocolate skunk) but I think I’m holding back on my photo

They're on a PH 6.0 and 750ppm of Canna Flores A and B, with a dose of Cannazyme a couple of times a month to keep the water right. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Well I got the GG#4 auto from Crop King, but out of the 4 strains I purchased, this was the worse one, by far. I don't think any of the 3 seeds made it. I don't see any of them marked, I had at least one that lived, but I can't find it. 2 of 3 popped, and both were runts, I know one died as a sprout, 3 or 4 days out.

The other ones I have from them are doing fine, the Early Miss (mazar) auto seems to be doing best, followed by the White Widow auto, and the Purple Haze auto, but the GG#4 auto was certainly disappointing,

I've got a few more seeds of it, so I'm going to give it another try, but I do have a GG#4 photo, (about 1 meter tall) that was a bag seed, and it's doing OK, (about 1 week into flower) I've also got some feminized auto pollen in the works (should be converting soon, it's been 2 weeks) and some male autopollen in another room, in case this is a wash.

These 2 auto's appear to be difficult customers. I've had problems converting past strains, but not with this new formula, but I haven't given up yet.
Come hell or high water, I'm going to have some specimens, I just don't know if there going to be feminized or not, or which one's I'll get done first. Personally, I rather like taking credit for my own breed, than simply producing a copy of someone else's iteration.

First 3 pics are the girls I'm trying to convert, the 4th one is the GG#4 photo, and the 5th is my "backup auto" male plan. LOL, it's really wind whipped and ragged from it's place in front of the fan, in the flowering room. Looks like he's thrown most of his pollen, but I suspect there's much more in there.

Nice looking male. The thing I found with auto's is they don't like a lot of feeding as they seem to burn really easy, or stall. The outdoor plant I grew was not fed anything bar rain water that fell from the sky or taken from my water butt. It's the first auto I've grown outside, and I'm thinking I can do better next Summer now I know how to go about it. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom