Chickenmans knee blowout

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Iam fucked. Totaly blew out knee yesterday mixing chicken feed. Some how slipped off the back of truck and bent knee backwards. Screaming in pain atempted to walk and it just popped. Was hauled to ER in ambulance and have to find a knee doctor for an mri but suregery is a must Ican tell this is major.
Dont know how Ican run the farm hoping to find someonr to help, chickens are out there hungey as hell, no feed to feed em, help is on the way. One day at a time. Funny how being an alcoholic drinking never crosses my mind in times of peril, the good and the bad its all one day at a time...Illget through this but for now its pretty messed up...

sb805og101

sb805og101

Sorry that happend bro.which state and county do u live in if near by i can help. I had a buddy that tore his knee up when he was playing tennis.im sorry i feel your pain. Hope i can help im in cali.hope you heal fast and get better.

K

kolah

Bummer. That pop sound? It most usually indicates you blew out your ACL (anterior cruciate ligament).
Hang tough.

squiggly

squiggly

Yup, sounds like ACL to me.

If you had to tear one, though, that would've been the one I'd have chosen. It is the most easily repaired, the fastest healing, and often if the surgery is done well the ligament is stronger than it was before it was torn.

OGONLY

OGONLY

Good luck Chickenman. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. You'll be back at it soon buddy. Hope you get that help you need.

Reactions: mal
Mogrow

Mogrow

tough being a one legged farmer... if anyone can do it it's you chickenman. lotta good brothers in colorado, hope they come through for ya. hell i'd run out there, just call me if ya need me. i can spare a weekend or so for fellow recoverer...
peace mogrow

deep buddy

deep buddy

hey bro if you need help let me know ill do what i can im in the fort. im really sorry to hear about this i know how important you work is to you brother.

dirk d

dirk d

sorry bro, almost sliced my finger off last week cleaning up my new aero unit with a hobby knife. didnt realize how important it is to have all your fingers functioning together. im going to send you some good karma bro!

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I am right there with you bro,April 21st(saturday)i went for a little ride on my harley to home depot to pay my credit card bill and an illegal alien flipped a left(from the right shoulder!)right in front of me and i hit her going about 40mph,luckily i was able to survive it but my right leg is totally fucked,broken foot,fubbed up knee,massive concussion and road rash everywhere.
Worst part is i own my own business and i am in the middle of a new room build and i am NOT one to sit still but its all i can do for now.Take care of yourself chicken,your friends will come out of the woodwork to help you im sure,if i could drive id come get you and we could set a couple lawn chairs out by the river and smoke a fatty and wait for the fish to bite,prayers sent out for your speedy recovery bro.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks all. Found a good doc who talkes cash, highly recommended by friend who had same problem. Health ins is a ripp. The entire cost was around $3,800 for him. With cost of premiums and deductable, $5,000.00, it woud haxe cost him double. Chickens are fed, good for now one day at a time folks....We will survive and thrive

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Iam fucked. Totaly blew out knee yesterday mixing chicken feed. Some how slipped off the back of truck and bent knee backwards. Screaming in pain atempted to walk and it just popped. Was hauled to ER in ambulance and have to find a knee doctor for an mri but suregery is a must Ican tell this is major.
Dont know how Ican run the farm hoping to find someonr to help, chickens are out there hungey as hell, no feed to feed em, help is on the way. One day at a time. Funny how being an alcoholic drinking never crosses my mind in times of peril, the good and the bad its all one day at a time...Illget through this but for now its pretty messed up...
Oh wow...! You did damn near what I did, damn near one year ago this month (the 23rd was when I did mine). I wasn't fortunate enough to have anyone around to take me to the ER, I had to make my way into the house after lying on the ground afraid to look at my leg because it hurt so badly I truly thought that when I looked down I was going to see bone sticking out. After a MONTH of fucking around with my previous doctor, I was finally imaged and I'd torn the meniscus and the ACL was just... gone. All you can see is a tangled mass of what looks like silken threads, and that's what was left of my ACL.

FINALLY got the repair at the end of October, so my recommendation is to get your surgery done ASAP. My leg locked up, lots of scar tissue has caused me a world of grief I would wish only on someone like... Kim Jong Il or.. Idi Amin. Seriously.

You'll need friends and something like a golf cart or small lawn tractor to get around. I spent all last year hobbling around and using mine, with a cart, to get anything done. If it hadn't been for a young friend of mine (who has since disappeared, causing me much worry on his behalf) I wouldn't have pulled a cannabis crop.

I hope that you do not experience the pain that I have from this, and I hope that you heal with a quickness. Keep up on that physical therapy! It has been, quite literally, the most difficult, painful thing I have ever done/experienced, but it was absolutely necessary to regain the ability to walk in an upright position. I've been off the cane for about two months now and I've just begun to go hiking again, spending more time weeding and gardening even though it's rather difficult. I plan to get as close to "back to normal", I'm sure you can dig that.

Mah tractor.

The little tractor that could 1200
ttystikk

ttystikk

Wow, as I mentioned on the other thread this morning, I'm sorry to hear what happened to you! I'm in the Fort, that's 6 hours from you if I can guess where you are by the fishing you do.

I know it's tough looking at the beginning of the process but it sounds like you have a doc lined up and a plan. Those are huge, because I believe that hope and a positive attitude are the best medicine.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

putembk

putembk

Read on another thread that you had hurt your knee, didn't realize until now how bad it was. Sorry, sounds bad! I have seen first hand how hard you work and the responsibilities you have and am just shaking my head. Wish I wasn't so far away as I could at least do some grunt work for you. Keep us posted on what the damage actually turns out to be. Hopefully it's not as serious as you think. Get Well!!!

K

kolah

I do quite a bit of backyard doctoring. I got me some leftover pig ligaments in the freezer. I can patch ya up for about 200 buckeroos, a dozen Brown Trout and a 24 year old hippie babe with a bubble-butt.. Just bring your own sedatives. And maybe a sharp knife. Mines a little dull. :)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I Said a prayer for ya Chicken Man...
GetWellSoon 11

:)

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

Sorry to hear about your injury Chickenman! Keep it iced and elevated in the mean time.Not sure if you know anything home remedies,but making a tea out of Arnica flowers found at your local Latin market can work great for swelling and bruising when applied topically.Won't cure you,but will help no less! Good Luck and hang in there!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
will need an mri found a great doc going today surgery likely. Really sucks can barely walk.
Last nite goats head got stuck in fence had to roll out back office chair and free him up. Less pain takin no meds got good hash n weed slept well... Thanks all CM

Top Bottom