Chitosan >>> Anybody Have A Good Source?

• Thread starter Confuten1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Ill just give you the link, I had it bookmarked. It's a lot to copy and paste, but there's some good info in this thread regarding chitosan/chitin/chitinase, as well as the brew I mentioned:

http://idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51481

I'll read it now thanks. I sent another email since it's Friday afternoon, nothing. I tried to skype them, no answer, I called their main line, no answer. I called the manager Zahang, number disconnected. I'm getting kinda bummed. Chinese new year was Thursday but they are a day ahead. Mabe they off till Monday.
Confu

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yeah with the holiday many businesses in china will be closed though the weekend

Myco

Myco

I'll read it now thanks. I sent another email since it's Friday afternoon, nothing. I tried to skype them, no answer, I called their main line, no answer. I called the manager Zahang, number disconnected. I'm getting kinda bummed. Chinese new year was Thursday but they are a day ahead. Mabe they off till Monday.
Confu
I think @motherlode is right, that's the only explanation I could come up with - being as how the service they gave me was surprisingly prompt. I'm sure they'll get back to you Monday man.

Reminds me of a stripper bitch I made the mistake of pickin up on. 3pumps and my dick went soft because my the 2nd pump I caught a wiff of something terrible.

Confu
LOLLLL fuck I'm dying... That's terrible, but we've all been there bruh.

You know how they say smells create the most vivid memories?

*dry heaves*

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
I think @motherlode is right, that's the only explanation I could come up with - being as how the service they gave me was surprisingly prompt. I'm sure they'll get back to you Monday man.

LOLLLL fuck I'm dying... That's terrible, but we've all been there bruh.

You know how they say smells create the most vivid memories?

*dry heaves*

yup, remember it like it was yesterday, and i got a bad memory 2.
confu

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
So untill i hear bk frm my Chinese homies, I found a source of chitosan used in wine clearing. it works out to by 15$ for 10 grams but itll hold me over untill i can buy a kilo frm China

best part is, i can drive 30 mins away and go pick up a couple bottles today. thanks for your help everybody!
Plants look alot better last couple days espacially after the asprine. Most all of them have new shoots that are green and normal looking.
confu

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
@Confuten1 You can buy on amazon. Friend of mine picked some up from there.
Sea Crop is also supposed to help with nematode resistance.
Malted Barley sst is another source of chitin.

Thanks @leadsled , ill give that a read, and look into sea crop.
I jus didnt trust amazon and ebay. I was looking for a manufacture direct. due to the high cost of this product, it seemed like something that would easily be bootleged/scammed.
I also ordered:

Its a nematicide, havent read anybody using it but it looked like it would be a good 150$ investment. Are you familiar with this product?

confu

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Thanks @leadsled , ill give that a read, and look into sea crop.
I jus didnt trust amazon and ebay. I was looking for a manufacture direct. due to the high cost of this product, it seemed like something that would easily be bootleged/scammed.
I also ordered:

Its a nematicide, havent read anybody using it but it looked like it would be a good 150$ investment. Are you familiar with this product?

confu
Gotcha on the amazon ebay. Better safe than sorry.

Yes, The azaguard is a neem extract of Azadirachtin. (3%) I saw it when researching while I had a problem with root aphids.
I ended up going with azasol which is a higher concentration ( Azadirachtin 6%) than azaguard and it is water based.

Myco

Myco

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Yo @Confuten1 did you ever hear back from gtcbio?

How are the plants looking?

Yea bro, I have some on the way. In the mean time I been using chitosan frm a wine making supply store. Plants are doing better, good enough that I flipped the room and tiday is day 2. I'll take some pics soon. I also got some backups frm a buddy so if they don't look solid in a few weeks ill scrap em and go with the new clones. Thanks for asking.
Corfu

Myco

Myco

Yea bro, I have some on the way. In the mean time I been using chitosan frm a wine making supply store. Plants are doing better, good enough that I flipped the room and tiday is day 2. I'll take some pics soon. I also got some backups frm a buddy so if they don't look solid in a few weeks ill scrap em and go with the new clones. Thanks for asking.
Corfu
Fuck yeah, glad to hear they got back to ya.

Cool shit man, glad to hear it!

What I'll say next is directed at everyone, just because I think other folks should know...

Chitosan is some special stuff I believe... I've been using it for practically everything. Clones, popping beans, drenches in all stages of growth, foliar in veg etc etc.

Really just seems to improve everything at the moment. Last time I transplanted, my rootballs were the most healthy I've seen in a while... plants seem stronger in veg, clones root faster and stronger...

I'll get off of chitosan's nuts now but damn, it's beautiful to see the addition of one single component make such an awesome difference. All plants in my gardens were relatively healthy to begin with, but the subtle difference are much more pronounced after weeks of observing...

...and if I never see a dud in my garden again, I'll be tickled fuckin pink.

Curious to see the how it will influence my veggies this year, too.

And in case anyone is worried, I don't work for gtcbio lmao.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Fuck yeah, glad to hear they got back to ya.

Cool shit man, glad to hear it!

What I'll say next is directed at everyone, just because I think other folks should know...

Chitosan is some special stuff I believe... I've been using it for practically everything. Clones, popping beans, drenches in all stages of growth, foliar in veg etc etc.

Really just seems to improve everything at the moment. Last time I transplanted, my rootballs were the most healthy I've seen in a while... plants seem stronger in veg, clones root faster and stronger...

I'll get off of chitosan's nuts now but damn, it's beautiful to see the addition of one single component make such an awesome difference. All plants in my gardens were relatively healthy to begin with, but the subtle difference are much more pronounced after weeks of observing...

...and if I never see a dud in my garden again, I'll be tickled fuckin pink.

Curious to see the how it will influence my veggies this year, too.

And in case anyone is worried, I don't work for gtcbio lmao.

With all the research ive done on chitosan, i feel the same way as you. I suspect that itlll be in my garden from now on. thanks for your help @Myco.

confu

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
The only powder form of chitosan I've found on amazon is this product:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006K3J4VC/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_CL65ub0X0VFY6

With a guy in the reviews (or q&a) saying it's not chitosan... that kept me from buying.
I see a few other brands of chitosan powder. nutricargo and chemsavers.

I thought it was redundant adding the powder on top of other chitosan sources. Personally I have not tested it out.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006K3J4VC/
http://www.amazon.com/Chemsavers-Chitosan-Powder-Certified-100g/dp/B00GDH7GG0/

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
I see a few other brands of chitosan powder. nutricargo and chemsavers.

I thought it was redundant adding the powder on top of other chitosan sources. Personally I have not tested it out.
@leadsled where else are we getting Chitosan input in our garden. I.e, do u kno of specific nutes or adds. I kno of crabshell meal and insect frass has Chitin but that steal has to be broken down for chitosan to be abailable right.
Confu
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006K3J4VC/
http://www.amazon.com/Chemsavers-Chitosan-Powder-Certified-100g/dp/B00GDH7GG0/

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
@leadsled where else are we getting Chitosan input in our garden. I.e, do u kno of specific nutes or adds. I kno of crabshell meal and insect frass has Chitin but that steal has to be broken down for chitosan to be abailable right.
Confu
Do a drench of an extract or aact of Earth Worm Castings will also help boost the production by increasing the chitin producing bacteria.
http://www.google.com/patents/US6475503?dq=worm+castings#v=onepage&q=worm castings&f=false
I remember reading about a diet high in chitin for the worms produced castings that then could produce a worm extract that would help deter pests from the plants.

Yes the chitin has to be processed via biology/microbes or can also be processed by chemicals.
More products I can think of.
Sea Shield from AEA
Pacific Gro Liquid Oceanic fertilizer.
CargoBoost from nutrifield
Canadian Xpress Tanlin
Bud factor x by AN

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Do a drench of an extract or aact of Earth Worm Castings will also help boost the production by increasing the chitin producing bacteria.
http://www.google.com/patents/US6475503?dq=worm+castings#v=onepage&q=worm castings&f=false
I remember reading about a diet high in chitin for the worms produced castings that then could produce a worm extract that would help deter pests from the plants.

Yes the chitin has to be processed via biology/microbes or can also be processed by chemicals.
More products I can think of.
Sea Shield from AEA
Pacific Gro Liquid Oceanic fertilizer.
CargoBoost from nutrifield
Canadian Xpress Tanlin
Bud factor x by AN

Right on Big homie @leadsled. Always dropping solid info. ty for chiming in. Im sure this thread will be a big help to peeps thanks to you and afew others like @Myco .

Plants look Day and night compared to a few weeks ago.

Confu

Top Bottom