Chitosan >>> Anybody Have A Good Source?

• Thread starter Confuten1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
What was the source of your chitosan @Confuten1
I've been sourcing mine out of china for 225 a kilo. Its rated below 5K Daltons- low molecular weight which is what you want.

its on the 1st or 2nd page @Fresh Starts , i think its bestchitosan.com sounds like yours is rated lower than mine tho. I think the last batch i got was 1500k. Do you foliar with urs?

confu

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

@Kygiacomo, right on dude,i been wanting to add some aloe, where do u source yours from and at what rate do u add it?thnx
confu
i got mine from buildasoil.com. i use it at 1/8th tsp. i bought 1oz and its gonna last me at least another year at the rate im using it. im thinking about adding some cocnut powder as well since its got growth hormones in there to.

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

i think its bestchitosan.com sounds like yours is rated lower than mine tho. I think the last batch i got was 1500k. Do you foliar with urs?

confu

I think you meant 15k. Yeah I foliar mine but not often. I fertigate at 50ppm and have seen great results

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Here's a good read on the subject:
http://www.mdpi.com/2073-4395/3/4/757/pdf

I'm looking in to ordering a kilo of this, does anyone know the best way/order to mix this in a resevoir with fertilizer? (@Fresh Starts )

Also, it has been posited on another forum that there can be an unfavorable reaction when chitosan is mixed in a solution with fulvic acid (a fall out of some kind). Has anyone experienced this?

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

I've held practice of creating stock solutions with chitosan by adding small amounts at a time into a bucket and whipping the solution vigorously. Only after the initial portion has dissolved will I add more and continue whipping the solution. If too much of chitosan is added into the dissolving process the powder will clump up and become almost impossible to dissolve correctly.

After Chitosan has been dissolved properly- which can take some time, I then add mineral salts (if any) into the stock solution.

I have never had experience mixing fulvics with chitosan in the same stock tank. Might be a better question for @Quantrill

Quantrill

Quantrill

Ive no experience with chitosan, but i will look into it.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

From what I'm gathering here, the lower the molecular weight, the more effective the chitosan. Is there a consensus on a preferred molecular weight?

B

biGJoe

How many ml per of Chitosan per gal. I use budfactorX in weeks 2-8 - 8ml,8ml,8ml,8ml,8ml,4ml,4ml. From my understanding Budfactor X had 33% of Chitosan . I believe they might only be allowed 23%. Does anyone know how many ppms of Budfactor X is at 8ml per 1 Gal ? I been out of budfactorX for some time. I do not want to use Chitosan as a foiler because of a pm risk. Has anyone used Chitosan when flowering ?

koolhut

koolhut

How many ml per of Chitosan per gal. I use budfactorX in weeks 2-8 - 8ml,8ml,8ml,8ml,8ml,4ml,4ml. From my understanding Budfactor X had 33% of Chitosan . I believe they might only be allowed 23%. Does anyone know how many ppms of Budfactor X is at 8ml per 1 Gal ? I been out of budfactorX for some time. I do not want to use Chitosan as a foiler because of a pm risk. Has anyone used Chitosan when flowering ?
Chitosan actually prevents mold, bacteria, and viruses if used as a foliar spray, but i would personally not spray the buds if only you had less than 3 weeks left before harvest.

This comes from Tidal Vision who makes bottled/liquid chitosan "The similarity of chitosan to natural plant sugars encourages a bioactive effect that acts on the molecular level. When applied in soil, it has been shown that chitosan is able to stimulate beneficial microorganisms while inhibiting pathogens [5]. When applied as a foliar spray, plant transpiration is reduced by stomata closure while also providing a barrier against mold, bacteria, and viruses." (https://tidalvisionusa.com/tidal-grow/)

Here's a link to buy it on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Tidal-Vision-High-Tide-32oz/dp/B06XBQ1W7W

Top Bottom